Tavern 47 Reviews

47 Cuo Lang Street, Shangri la Old Town, Shangri-la, China

We stayed there for two nights and we really enjoyed our stay there. The hostel is very nice and cozy. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay there again!

the boss was very kind to help me. and the food they served was really delicious. and this hostel has very clean toilet i've never experienced in Chinese hostels that i stayed for entire journey.

Most of the things about Tavern 47 were pretty average. You just get what you expect. But I have to add that the staff was extremely helpsome. One member of the staff had been a guide and had good travelling tips. He made an entire 'hike planning' for us based on what we wanted to do and how much time we had. The hike turned out really great. Further: the instructions on how to get to the hostel had changed, but the hostel send us a text with the right instructions so we didn't get lost.

• 20th Jul 2015

The hostel is not easy to find (don't use the direction from the web page - it's out of date), but it's not the hostel's fault because the chaos is caused by the fact that there was a big fire that burned down most of the old town and it's in the process of re-building. The place is clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful. It serves good food too.

Great stay, staff could have been a little more friendly but had a good time overall.

Stayed twice so that tells you something. Very popular small hosel in what is now one of the oldest buildings in town, very rustic traditional style building. cosy indoor sitting area with wood stove as well as a good sun terrace. The owner is a mine of information not only on the Shangrila area, but also trekking out in Yubeng as he used to be a guide. All the other staff are very friendly too . Oh and I must mention the yak burger, true fusion food! Stay there :)

Jun runs a fantastic hostel! Everything is kept clean, tidy and super cosy and the atmosphere is always welcoming! The staff are friendly, lovely and very helpful, both with planning trips and with local knowledge (Jun used to be a tour guide across Yunnan). Food is excellent but even better is their Korean restaurant also in the old town. I stayed in total 6 nights - every time I returned to the Tavern it felt like I was coming home. It was by far the best hostel for my whole months trip.

• 11th Jul 2015

Fantastic! Jun, the Korean owner, is an absolute legend and has many great stories about him and his cat (and wife!) - the Yak burger is veeeery tasty (and real Yak unlike a lot of local places) and the Black Yak beer is highly recommended :D very cosy hostel with excellent common area - lovely fire, and Hiong the cat is excellent company!! everybody I met there ended up staying extra days in Shangri-La to stay and chill at this awesome hostel :) also try out Jun's Korean BBQ restaurant nearby!!

really nice hostel, i was glad the showers were separated from toilets, and not just in the middle of the bathroom making everything wet. really helpful staff. bikes for rent were really a nice option to explore Shangri-la's surroundings. as the old town is being renovated after the fire of a few years ago, the area is really dark at night. make sure your cell phone lantern is working when you're going back to the hostel at night!

It is a nice hostel located in the ancient town. The owner is a couple (Korean man and Chinese woman). They awl peak Enhlish. The room we stayed is private room for two. We have a private toilet and bath room in our room. It is clean. The owner is kind to offer ride to different places for visits and good recommendations. The food is mostly Korean food which is good.

the whole area is under construction, it wasa bit hard to find the location of the hostel if it was not because the staffs tried to speak to the taxt driver (it was cheap to take a taxi there, the driver always charged us 10 almost for everywhere)and picked us up. the staffs are always willing to help. and it's obvious that it's a foreigners' choice as the staffs are able to communicate in english, and, they have western toliet!!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • China

Love this place! I've been there twice and will go back again in a heartbeat. Great vibe and place to hang out.

Great place to stay and great location in the old town. Staff is friendly and helpful and they have a solid menu. Would certainly go back! The only negative is that the fridge with beers isn't very cold

Staff are super nice and it's very quiet where you are located. However, the rooms do get super cold at night as there is no heating, but there are a ton of blankets and an electric blanket in the room. Food they serve is also pretty decent.

June is the bomb.com there is nothing as dope as magic tricks with Korean bbq on the side. Keep on keeping on.

Food is really delicious but quite expensive by Chinese standards. Atmosphere is great and it's really cosy. My only real complaint is that they said they start serving breakfast at 7.30am. I waited until 9am until the first member of staff made it into work!! This was the case on both days which was a bit annoying as it meant we all had to shift our plans back. Having said that, I would still definitely stay here again if I came back to Shangri-la!

Hi. I'm Jun. ^^ I really like your comment for breakfast time. we are sorry and we'll keep a start breakfast time. Our food is not Chinese standards. we try to make a food with something special. Thank you for your comment.

1 2 Next » last »