Tavern 47 Reviews

47 Cuo Lang Street, Shangri la Old Town, Shangri-la, China

staff are helpful and friendly

Nice decorated, comfortable and relaxing place to stay! The food is delicious, the rooms are clean and beds are ok! Jun is a very kind and helpful man and also his wife Christin is very friendly. Jun learned us also some funny card tricks and we won't forget them ;-) Thank you!

I've stayed here twice and will go back again! The food is awesome! The atmosphere is relaxing, comfortable and friendly. The owners are some of the nicest and friendliest people I've met on my travels. This is the best place you can get a yak burger with a locally crafted beer in the comfortable setting of a traditional Tibetan house.

Very nice & comfortable place to stay in shangri-la/Zhongdian. They also provided delicious foods and best yunnan coffee! I love the location and thier electronic blanket! Thank you very much for your kind services. :)

The place to sleep in shangri-la

Very good hostel and the friendly owner but just one negative thing for my stay. I booked a bus to Deqen with a hostel, a local driver is late for 1 hour and he makes a stop on the way another hour just only for himself while passengers waiting for him in a van. Please recommend people an reliable standard service. Thank you.

You have a some misunderstanding. you just share mini van with another travellers who doesn't stay my hostel. so this means can't stop many times on the road. we just want to offer more easy can go to feilaisi. He is not our hostel driver. we just connect with guest and driver. If you take a public bus it also doesn't stop on the road. we tell to car driver. stop some place and take a rest and take a photo with guest . we try to make a more better service. Thank you for your comment.

Really loved that place. Not that hard to find if you go by taxi + the owners are very helpful.

It was a little difficult to find at first, but they came out to meet us when we had gotten lost :-) They were helpful in explaining the different activities we could do around town and how to get there. I'd consider staying again~

Had a very comfortable stay here, only 10 yuan from bus station to hostel. Staff very helpful, hostel very clean with constant hot water ! Also serve good food all day. Highly recommended!

I spend one day at Tavern 47. While we booked for 3 people and 3 other friends had their own booking, there was not a problem to move us all into one big dorm which was perfect. We were all suffering from food poisoning a day before our arrival and the altitude wasn't making it any better. However the menu at Tavern 47 was excellent, a choice of Western dishes (amazing french fries, delightful sandwich and delicious burger) was perfect to make us regain strength and enjoy the end of our trip.

Brilliant! The owner, June, was welcoming and very helpful, and the food was excellent! We had a twin room with a shared bathroom. The room was clean and cosy, and had heated blankets. The toilets and showers were fine. There is a really good communal area and the atmosphere in this hostel was probably the best of all the hostels we stayed in in China.

We Have stayed for nights in this lovely GH. Jeune is very helpful and friendly, Gus wife is a good Cooker!!! We had a Nice stay here, tour was interesting too!

Very nice and cosy atmosphere when everybody gathers around the wood oven in the evenings.

Happy to stay at Tavern47 during my trip in Shangri-la. Manager and his wife were nice and friendly, food was good.

Had a good experience at this hostel. The owners (a Korean man and his Nasi (a Chinese minority group) wife) were both pleasant with plenty of interesting stories to share, and the hostel's atmosphere was surprisingly good for what is not a large city, and the fact I was there in the middle of winter. The bad points: the hostel was very cold outside of the warm common room (although this had the advantage of drawing everyone to this room), and there was something of a shortage of showers there.

It was pretty cold in Shangrila mid-January, but our hosts' generosity and hot showers made Tavern 47 a cheery place. Bring warm socks if you're going in the winter, but they've got heated beds and craft beer, so know that it's the best place this season. Oh, and try the yak burger!

1 2 Next » last »