Tavern 47 Reviews

47 Cuo Lang Street, Shangri la Old Town, Shangri-la, China

Love this place! I've been there twice and will go back again in a heartbeat. Great vibe and place to hang out.

Great place to stay and great location in the old town. Staff is friendly and helpful and they have a solid menu. Would certainly go back! The only negative is that the fridge with beers isn't very cold

Staff are super nice and it's very quiet where you are located. However, the rooms do get super cold at night as there is no heating, but there are a ton of blankets and an electric blanket in the room. Food they serve is also pretty decent.

June is the bomb.com there is nothing as dope as magic tricks with Korean bbq on the side. Keep on keeping on.

Food is really delicious but quite expensive by Chinese standards. Atmosphere is great and it's really cosy. My only real complaint is that they said they start serving breakfast at 7.30am. I waited until 9am until the first member of staff made it into work!! This was the case on both days which was a bit annoying as it meant we all had to shift our plans back. Having said that, I would still definitely stay here again if I came back to Shangri-la!

Hi. I'm Jun. ^^ I really like your comment for breakfast time. we are sorry and we'll keep a start breakfast time. Our food is not Chinese standards. we try to make a food with something special. Thank you for your comment.

The staff is so friendly, and you don't want to miss the opportunity to eat the best hostel food ever! Enjoy a yak burger with a bottle of Tibetan red wine and stay by the stove until late were the highlights of my stay there. Beds are really comfortable and don't be afraid of the weary aspect of the hotel at first glance, it's probably one of the best places to stay at in southern China. Staff speaks incredible english and provides a handful of information about stuff to do.

Great staff, location and food. Rooms however very humid, the small available window isnt enough,everything is a little damp.

A terrific hostel with a good vibe. Owners Jung, Christin and little Alice were wonderful host. Korea food was superb. Toilet in private rooms was one of the best for hostels in China. Mostly foreign guest n therefore a great place to meet other travelers who can share information n trade travel stories. Communal dinning area was very cosy w a traditional wood fed stove that you can sit around n chat. Decorations were genuinely native. This is perfect example of what a Hostel should be. Enjoy!!

• 14th May 2015
  • Singapore

The owner and staff are amazingly helpful, especially about hikes and treks around the area. The food was good, location's good in old town. They were a bit conservative with a curfew though, saying we had to be back by 11:30.

Great place to stay in the city. There's a good vibe in it, and the common area/restaurant is very nice. The stuff is very friendly and helpful, especially Jun who helped us with everything we needed in and outside of the city.

Warm hospitality in a cold dusty town! Love the quirky tibetan styled decor of tavern 47, and the electric blanket which is very useful to keep warm at night!

Pro: big nice bed with electric blanket. The house is rustically beautiful. Staff very helpful. Cons: located in the middle of a construction area of the old town (which would otherwise be a nice place near to most areas). Food a bit pricey

The hostel is situated in the old town in a traditional wooden Tibetian house, so you can feel the real atmosphere of ShangriLa (main part burned down recently and is being rebuilt again now) and the Tibetian weather as well. Ramshackle rooms have no central heating, only electric blankets are provided (have no idea how to survive in winter there...). The owner was nice and a lot helpful. Breakfast wasn't unfortunatelely included.

hello! friend. South china doesn't has a central heating system even yunnan. This is government policy. we had a full guest for last winter time but never complain. because they understand cold situatation in shangri-la also heating system. Hm... 40yuan for 1Dorm how can included Breakfast. I can't imaginable. sorry... Thank you for your comment

staff are helpful and friendly

Nice decorated, comfortable and relaxing place to stay! The food is delicious, the rooms are clean and beds are ok! Jun is a very kind and helpful man and also his wife Christin is very friendly. Jun learned us also some funny card tricks and we won't forget them ;-) Thank you!

I've stayed here twice and will go back again! The food is awesome! The atmosphere is relaxing, comfortable and friendly. The owners are some of the nicest and friendliest people I've met on my travels. This is the best place you can get a yak burger with a locally crafted beer in the comfortable setting of a traditional Tibetan house.

Very nice & comfortable place to stay in shangri-la/Zhongdian. They also provided delicious foods and best yunnan coffee! I love the location and thier electronic blanket! Thank you very much for your kind services. :)

1 2 Next » last »