Tayka Hostel Reviews

Ayacucho 517, Puno, Peru

We booked a dorm for 5 days for 2 people but when we arrived there was only one space left. They reduced the double slightly but it was a very dark and dingy room - check out the room first before committing if you can Staff didn't speak a word of English so make sure you can know basic Spanish before staying here Check any deposits are taken off the final bill, we had to show the confirmation multiple times before they took it off the final balance. This balance had to be paid in cash

I was not at this hostel because upon arriving I was informed that there was a mistake on my reservation. According to them the value in hostelworld was wrong and they just replaced my reservation that was a private room by a collective. I am traveling alone so I planned and booked everything in advance. The hostel was full and even tried to call others who were also crowed. Extremely annoyed, I went to the hostel which is just next door and booked a single room. I don't recommend.

When we arrived at first the hostel seemed to be overbooked. We were taken to another place which was closed. In the end we got a room in the hostel anyway. Apart from this inconvenient start the stay was nice, good value for money. We booked 2 tours in the hostel, both were good value for money as well. Breakfast is nice. Shower was warm most of the time.

More like a little hotel than hostel. Nice breakfast and close to the main square.