Tayta Wasi Hostel Reviews

Avenida el Ejercito 820, Cusco, Peru

Staff is the best! Great people that really want to make the best of your stay. Very helpful, informative. On my stay they provided not only information, but also guidance and assisted me on booking the services that I needed. They were the best part of my stay. I would definitely recommend.

Although not situated in the main plaza del armas or gringo hostel central the walk into the tourist town is not far at all. It was a great place to acclimatise to the altitude and recover after the long bus journey from Lima. Warm breakfast included and a great kitchen at your disposal along with wifi in the room make it very comfortable place to stay. The atmosphere was somewhat quiet but they do have a bar that looks like it would be open in high season. The staff wore a constant smile!

It has all the facilities of a nice hotel, but hostel prices and a kitchen :) Everyone here is really friendly, there is hot water all the time and the wifi works well most of the time! The only thing that you should have in mind is that it's not really in the historical/touristic center. But if you don't mind to walk 15 minutes through crowdy streets: it's a great place to stay and totally worth the money!!! We came back after our trip to Machu Picchu and enjoyed it here!

The hostel itself is very nice -- clean rooms/bathrooms with maid service each day and fresh towels. Very friendly staff and some of the BEST included breakfast we had at any hostel... situated in a cute room "restaurant" upstairs. Only downside is the location. Only about a 15 min. walk to Plaza De Armas, but not the safest walk or cleanest area around the hostel. Worth it to me and my husband for the savings and nice rooms.

Spent one night there before we did a tour to Machu Picchu. We came again :-) Beautiful room with good shower. It is really clean and yes, it is more a hotel than a hostel. Around 15min to Plaza de Armas, 5min to two supermarkets and close to close to Mercado San Pedro (don't miss it). Try to get a room which doesn't face noisy Av. del Ejercito :-)

It's a little further from the plaza than we realized but facilities were clean and safe.

The staff was very nice and helpful. Brian even helped us to call the agent of Puno by using their mobile phone several times to confirm the tour and the pick up time. And Vivian helped us to negotiate with the taxi driver to visit the Inca sites twice. Thank you both of you once again. Moreover, the breakfast was very delicious, especially the fresh juice, cripsy bread and the eggs. Although it is not close to the Plaza, it is a quite place to get a good sleep. Thanks all of you!!!