Tazmania Hostel Reviews

Şehit Asım Street, 60, Beşiktaş İstanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed at Tazmania for 2 nights. I came all the way from USA and I had a very specific purpose for staying at the hostel - to win back the love of my life! My story is long and winding so, without needing to go into detail, I can just say that all of the staff was incredibly understanding, accommodating, and very helpful. In the end, I only stayed for 2 nights at Tazmania......the following days I spend with my beloved. THANKS TAZMANIA - you helped make my life full of love again! :)

The staff members at Tazmania were so kind! It's a little bit hard to find the building itself, but it is very centrally located in Besiktas. Staying at Tazmania was the perfect way to begin my time in Istanbul, because I met other young travelers and enjoyed exploring the shops of Besiktas on foot.

• 4th Sep 2014

change the kitchen tools they are old and unuseful

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Afghanistan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Tazmania Hostel was in a great location and in a nice old building. The staff were very friendly and helpful. As it was very hot and humid in Istanbul then, the room I was in really needed a fan. The toilet attached to my room gets used by everyone in the hostel, so I was woken up a lot during the night by people coming and going from the toilet. There is no proper communal area except the small back courtyard which is used by smokers. The smoke from there drifts up into the dormitory rooms.

Positives: easy access to bus/dolmus/tram; good sized lockers for use; plenty of hot water; very friendly and helpful staff. Negatives: no place to hang out other than a dirty, dingy smoke infested room which lead into the tiny kitchen; smoke filled up the entire building and was noxious; extremely noisy street; uncomfortable beds; rooms were packed beyond comfortable capacity with barely any room to move; cleanliness was questionable (mold in bathrooms, floor filthy); some guests had no manner

• 5th Jul 2014

The most family hostel i have ever been. Ariffe the manager and james are a wonderful team who build up this almost new hostel in besictas. There is a televisioin with ps3 and a kitchen. The rooms have a small balcony or a toilet :) and are cleaned every day. I had a wonderful time. As there is a bad infrastructure to Besiktas in general there is a good and cheap conection to and from Taksim with shared cars and a ferry point is there as well. The price is unbeatable for Istanbul standards.