Tazmania Hostel Reviews

Şehit Asım Street, 60, Beşiktaş İstanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Friendly atmosphere and really clean place. Location is amazing, I could go everywhere easily. Beds are new, bathrooms are always clean. Compare with price it's perfect place to stay in istanbul. Manager Arife, always helpful, kind and never get tired. You can ask everything to good guide, good friend. Just a thing they have small lounge but you can have fun.I had a great time. As Arife said and as I believed #besthostelever

• 5th Jun 2015

The hostel is nicely located, near Besiktas pier. Many restaurants and bars around. A shame the beds are so noisy when you make a move. Lights on in the corridor during the night with the bedroom door not closed is not the best way to sleep. Besides this, Arife is lovely and will answer all your questions and help you with everything. If there's one reason you should go there, it's for the outdoor walls !!

In 2014 year in was good hostel, but in 2015 year we not enjoyed. Rooms are dirty, with bad smell, very noisy. We couldn't have a rest at night. We not recomended this hostel somebody.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Ukraine

Well I don't know where to start.There was only one toilet and shower for all guests (ok, there was another one in one of the rooms, but in that case you have to go into someone else's room). Staff is very friendly but rarely present. Rooms are without locks. There was some misunderstandings with reservations and some people slept on the mattresses and that was unpleasant.And even though we said that we were leaving early in the morning there was no staff to pay back our deposit.Good location.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

Staying in Tazmania hostel felt like arriving in a family. We had a great great time. Mert (one of the guys working there) showed us around the city and we had great fun! :) The kitchen was nice and well equipped, but it wasn't a super cosy room to chill during a cold winter night. On the other hand they have a cool terras.

TazMania is a nice place to have your vacations in Istanbul. The hostel is quite in the center of the city where you can enjoy the night life. There are very nice places to try typical food in quite cheep price. The management of the hostel especially the guy (Murtaza) is an encyclopedia of the information about the city and also is able to speak many languages. It was a nice stay there

The hostel position is in Besiktas, on a silent street, close to pubs and markets. The hostel is small and cosy. We don't like the bathrooms (not cleaned every day). The toilets are inside of the rooms, but for common use. People were coming in and out of your room, because there is no locker. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are small, but clean.

I stayed at Tazmania for 2 nights. I came all the way from USA and I had a very specific purpose for staying at the hostel - to win back the love of my life! My story is long and winding so, without needing to go into detail, I can just say that all of the staff was incredibly understanding, accommodating, and very helpful. In the end, I only stayed for 2 nights at Tazmania......the following days I spend with my beloved. THANKS TAZMANIA - you helped make my life full of love again! :)

The staff members at Tazmania were so kind! It's a little bit hard to find the building itself, but it is very centrally located in Besiktas. Staying at Tazmania was the perfect way to begin my time in Istanbul, because I met other young travelers and enjoyed exploring the shops of Besiktas on foot.

• 4th Sep 2014

change the kitchen tools they are old and unuseful

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Afghanistan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Tazmania Hostel was in a great location and in a nice old building. The staff were very friendly and helpful. As it was very hot and humid in Istanbul then, the room I was in really needed a fan. The toilet attached to my room gets used by everyone in the hostel, so I was woken up a lot during the night by people coming and going from the toilet. There is no proper communal area except the small back courtyard which is used by smokers. The smoke from there drifts up into the dormitory rooms.

Positives: easy access to bus/dolmus/tram; good sized lockers for use; plenty of hot water; very friendly and helpful staff. Negatives: no place to hang out other than a dirty, dingy smoke infested room which lead into the tiny kitchen; smoke filled up the entire building and was noxious; extremely noisy street; uncomfortable beds; rooms were packed beyond comfortable capacity with barely any room to move; cleanliness was questionable (mold in bathrooms, floor filthy); some guests had no manner

• 5th Jul 2014

The most family hostel i have ever been. Ariffe the manager and james are a wonderful team who build up this almost new hostel in besictas. There is a televisioin with ps3 and a kitchen. The rooms have a small balcony or a toilet :) and are cleaned every day. I had a wonderful time. As there is a bad infrastructure to Besiktas in general there is a good and cheap conection to and from Taksim with shared cars and a ferry point is there as well. The price is unbeatable for Istanbul standards.

I chose this hostel for the price. I liked that it was outside the touristy area. However there is much improvement needed. The toilet situation is not ideal, being on the top floor, its very annoying when you need to pee in the middle of the night to walk all the way to the basement and back up. sometime i arrive down there and someones using it so i wait or have to walk back up. also a stair light should be kept on for safety, More tourist info should be available. and locks on the doors.

The hostel is very far away from the airport and other public transportation lines. The directions to the hostel need to be updated and provide a warning that 99% of the cab drivers do not know where the hostel is located. It felt more like a long term hotel for many of the guests there versus a hostel for backpackers. The ensuite was not one at all because everyone in the hostel used what was supposed to be the private toilet for the 4-bed room. It should be private when paying more.

An excellent facility. Safety, cleanliness, excellent customer satisfaction. Make yourself at home.