Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Apart from lacking a kitchen and maybe a bigger common area this hostel is great. The bunks are super comfy and the storage is incredible. Super clean would definitely stay again

I felt like renting an apartment, quite small hostel but super tidy and organised. I would reccomend it for sure!

• 24th Jun 2015

Our stay at this hostel was amazing. I think it's one of the biggest reasons for why we loved Split as much as we did. The location was perfect. It was very easy to find and we felt safe and that our belongings were safe as well. Our hosts were absolutely amazing, very helpful but also engaging and interested in us just as we were interested in them. The atmosphere was great and we enjoyed getting to know our hostel mates. Split in general was amazing but it was also wonderful to enjoy our space

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff was great and accommodating. They answered any questions I did have and it was nice that we received tea for free. I liked the lockers they had - it was definitely large enough to fit my traveling backpack and a regular backpack. This hostel's guests are quite quiet. If you don't mind not socializing, this hostel would be perfect. Unfortunately, I was hoping to talk more with the guests, but everyone sort of kept to themselves (maybe just who was there when I was there).

Very pleasant stay! Beds are very comfortable and the locker space is great!

The hostel itself was pretty cool, I felt really safe and there was plenty of room for all our luggage - the toilet/shower rooms were always really clean. I was also impressed by the curtains at the beds - very nice little touch! It was pretty quiet though, not quite the social atmosphere I wanted. Overall was a nice place though. I would definitely come back.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Best hostel of my trip. Privacy curtains, clean comfy beds, lockers you could fit a person into, great commons area w/ balcony. Met so many people as a solo traveller &felt v safe. Staff was great - Philip was v friendly and helped set up a fun day trip to Krka. Loved the location & convenient key system. The place has a nice vibe and I would recommend it to anyone. Even has a supermarket and bank next door & only wish the kitchen could be upgraded to include a hot plate for cooking.

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I stayed in the room inside another room but I had no issues with that. Big spacious lockers and shelves. I appreciated the bed curtains for added privacy. Not a far walk from Riva harbour and the old town. I would definitely recommend to friends.

Had a nice stay here. Only a small hostel which made it easy to meet new people. Going through another dorm to get into my dorm was something I hadn't come across before and a little strange. The staff were helpful and rooms and bathrooms were really clean. Would stay here again

It's a small but cozy hostel with everything you may need. Really comfortable, clean and with very friendly staff.

Rooms were extremely nice. The bathrooms were kind of dirty

• 13th May 2015

Hello D. It's great to hear that you liked our rooms but the comment about the bathrooms we find a bit unusual. Actually the cleanliness is the highest rated thing for our hostel and the bathrooms are being cleaned almost after every guest that uses it. Anyways, thanks for staying with us and have a wonderful rest of your travels.

Staff were perfect, one of the most welcoming hostel I've been too. Philip especially was so nice and helpful throughout my entire stay. A bit of a walk to the water and the beaches but It was nice to get away from the busy area.

Loved the atmosphere. Fabulous staff!!

Deluxe dorm rooms! Super comfy beds with personal curtain, shelving space, power point & giant lockable cupboard. The room itself very spacious, light & bright. Not much of a social atmosphere however, but I would definitely come back.

Great location and staff. Rooms are nice and spacious with locker for luggage. One room has no outside door therefore other people have to pass through one room to get to the other and that was very annoying. People were coming and going all night and letting the doors slam. Would be nice to find a way to add the extra door.

The location is good, closed to all the attractions, with the cafe' and restaurants nearby. But it's quite dodgy to find so make sure you communicate with hostel prior to you arrival. I wish the shower cubicle would be slightly bigger with somewhere to hang my clothes.

The hostel is very modern and the facilities are great- it is extremely clean and the lockers are great! It doesn't seem to be much of a party hostel and is quite quiet. Its about a 10 minute walk to the main promenade which is good and there are plenty of supermarkets, bakeries and places to eat nearby. The staff are very efficient, friendly and helpful.

Pros: Filip was fantastic - very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and I appreciated the curtains personal access to outlets. Location was very easy to find and convenient to return to in the evenings. Cons: Though I met some wonderful people in Tchaikovsky, it wasn't the social experience I have found in many other hostels I have enjoyed. People kept to themselves and it was hard to meet people not in your room. May have been due to no kitchen/eating area. Cheers, Gabriel

Hostel was pretty dead when I stayed there. I had a 4 person dorm to myself. The hostel could have been cooler if there had been people staying there with me. Oh and the shower kinda sucked.

Really good location, and staff were helpful and friendly. Beds are nice, and the lockers are very big. There's baggage storage on the basement floor too, with a coin deposit lock, which was very convenient!