Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Great location and staff. Rooms are nice and spacious with locker for luggage. One room has no outside door therefore other people have to pass through one room to get to the other and that was very annoying. People were coming and going all night and letting the doors slam. Would be nice to find a way to add the extra door.

The location is good, closed to all the attractions, with the cafe' and restaurants nearby. But it's quite dodgy to find so make sure you communicate with hostel prior to you arrival. I wish the shower cubicle would be slightly bigger with somewhere to hang my clothes.

Pros: Filip was fantastic - very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and I appreciated the curtains personal access to outlets. Location was very easy to find and convenient to return to in the evenings. Cons: Though I met some wonderful people in Tchaikovsky, it wasn't the social experience I have found in many other hostels I have enjoyed. People kept to themselves and it was hard to meet people not in your room. May have been due to no kitchen/eating area. Cheers, Gabriel

Hostel was pretty dead when I stayed there. I had a 4 person dorm to myself. The hostel could have been cooler if there had been people staying there with me. Oh and the shower kinda sucked.

Really good location, and staff were helpful and friendly. Beds are nice, and the lockers are very big. There's baggage storage on the basement floor too, with a coin deposit lock, which was very convenient!

Great hostel! Everything is new, kept very clean and it's very close to the old city, shops, Marjan park and the harbour. Filip was fantastic - he knows a lot about Split and is very hospitable. The only downside is that the kitchen/common room is rather small and doesn't have a stove (but there is a microwave). But there are lots of quite affordable places to eat in Split, like Macrovega - check it out! And if you don't meet many travellers at the hostel, I recommend 'To Je To' ;)

Excellent hostel with wonderful staff and super comfy beds. We can't wait to return!

Good hostel close to all the attractions. Not a party hostel. Great to wind down. Very clean and beds were comfortable. Only thing is it has push down taps for water in shower and sink.

In a good spot.the staff I did meet were very nice ,and helpful when I asked questions . Very clean ,it wasn't over noisy . A excellent price . I would of stayed longer ,but due to time my dats are limited

It s a really Awesome hostel. You have all you need, it s really really near to the center (palace) And clean. Thank you for all

• 31st Jan 2015

Great hostel! Every bed had everything you could want as a traveler": curtain, outlet, light, cubbies, and personal locker. simple as that, all needs met.

Great hostel to stay in and would definitely stay here again. Laundry facilities and 24 hour reception would be great. Other than that, location is good, price is great, bed and rooms are perfect (warm, private, comfy), kitchen and bathrooms are clean and modern, staff were really helpful. Yes, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

This hostel is superb! Close enough to old town yet not in the center. Very clean, friendly staff, roomy lockers, and small enough it never got too loud. :)

Thanks for the great rating, it was a pleasure having you! Just a side note about the location, people often confuse only the palace being the center/old town, but actually we are in the very center of split, from here on even cars are not allow any more. The National theater is in front of us, and this is also where the medieval city walls begin ;-)

Really nice place and bedrooms are well thought out with curtains etc. Note that the "kitchen" is a kettle and microwave.

Everything was good except for the fact that there were no renges in the kitchen but it was ok there was a microwave.

This is the best hostel during my stay in Croatia. Philip is the best host I have come across.