Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Loved my stay, great beds, very clean and lovely staff!

• 26th Aug 2015

Great location, really good sized beds and lockers. Showers were a bit strange though, they are on a push timed tap and it does not last long at all, have to push lots of times to wash hair after a day at the beach and also they weren't in a private cubicle so had to hang towels and clothes in a communal changing area.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Very clean hostel with great staff and excellent location. I loved the bed with curtains and big lockers. I would highly recommend it.

Tchaikovsky was one of the best hostels we stayed during our trip through Europe. The location was perfect, a few block away from the Diocletian's palace, the port and the train station. The rooms were big, beds were high and very confortable, lockers were huge (you could fit a suitcase inside it) and the bathrooms were very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and always wanted to help. Wi-Fi worked fine during our stay. You can also use the kitchen and they provide coffee and tea for free.

Small and quiet but good location!! Limited kitchen - can't really.cook but clean building and friendly staff!

This hostel had everything you could want. Beds were amazing with individual curtains. You had your own dedicated locker as well. A/C and Wifi all throughout the hostel. I picked this hostel to relax and boy was it a fantastic choice. The staff were very friendly, they even let stranded travellers without accommodation use their wifi and helped them find a place. Hostel was very clean with a mini kitchen and free coffee/tea. I loved my stay. Hvala-Bojan

Quite hard to find, but all up the stay was lovely. Especially the staff, very helpful! Would stay again.

Great hostel! Really clean, good wifi and really handy to town. Say no more

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Very clean and the staff are super helpful

Our stay was short but great. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The room was spacious, modern, clean and provided great security. The bed and pillow was good too. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Such a clean and comfortable Hostel. Best location possible. Filip and Patricia are both very helpful. Patricia is the best host you can get. I kept my valuables three days before my check in as there was no security locker in Ultra Music Festival or the Beachville Camp. Very sweet of her to help me on that. Very cozy and clean place.

After staying at Tchaikovsky I will now opt for smaller hostels. Great family vibe and the staff were extra helpful. The beds had curtains and were roomy, with individual hidey holes. Security was excellent, the building was a little hidden so it wasn't obvious it was a hostel. Away from street noise. Great wifi.

Great location in the old town. Close to everything. Small but nice hostel, nice balcony. Would be good if there were cooking facilities, but still had fridge and tea coffee. Staff were lovely and helped book day trips. Good privacy in rooms with curtains on beds and lockers with keys provided.

Apart from lacking a kitchen and maybe a bigger common area this hostel is great. The bunks are super comfy and the storage is incredible. Super clean would definitely stay again

I felt like renting an apartment, quite small hostel but super tidy and organised. I would reccomend it for sure!

• 24th Jun 2015

Our stay at this hostel was amazing. I think it's one of the biggest reasons for why we loved Split as much as we did. The location was perfect. It was very easy to find and we felt safe and that our belongings were safe as well. Our hosts were absolutely amazing, very helpful but also engaging and interested in us just as we were interested in them. The atmosphere was great and we enjoyed getting to know our hostel mates. Split in general was amazing but it was also wonderful to enjoy our space

• 22nd Jun 2015

The rooms at this hostel are the best I've stayed in. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm where each bed has a privacy curtain, light, power socket, shelves and was big enough to sit up in without hitting my head. The lockers in each room are huge with a built in lock. It's located within an easy walk to the old town. The kitchenette is basic (so no cooking facilities and breakfast is not available) but there is free tea and coffee. The staff were friendly and it was very clean.

A nice hostel in a great location, the staff are good and will help you find your way around. The common area is quite small though so not really a party hostel but good for a place to sleep.

The staff was great and accommodating. They answered any questions I did have and it was nice that we received tea for free. I liked the lockers they had - it was definitely large enough to fit my traveling backpack and a regular backpack. This hostel's guests are quite quiet. If you don't mind not socializing, this hostel would be perfect. Unfortunately, I was hoping to talk more with the guests, but everyone sort of kept to themselves (maybe just who was there when I was there).

Very pleasant stay! Beds are very comfortable and the locker space is great!