Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

The hostel is a little way out of the main town but that didn't bother us, we didn't want to pay to be right in the centre. You can tell this hostel is new, all the facilities were in excellent condition and very clean. The staff were very friendly and happy to answer any questions we had. The curtains on the bunk beds were a nice touch. Would definitely recommend.

A fantastic place to stay. The staff were wonderful, very friendly, welcoming and helpful. They were able to offer advice and information on buses, ferries and suggest excellent places to eat. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with the option for privacy. Everywhere is super clean, including bathrooms and communal areas. It's a small hostel that really does seem to go the extra mile. So good that we went back a day later! Would definately recommend. It's like a luxury hostel.

The staff here was amazing. Located right outside the old city (less than a 5 minute walk) the location is great. Quiet but very near to everything you want to do. We came with a large group of 9 - 6 stayed at this hostel and the other 3 stayed down the road. This was far superior. They even let the extra 3 people shower there and provided towels for 1 who didnt have a towel. They stored our bags and advised us on where to go out. I would return in a heartbeat.

Lovely hostel, near to main town, very clean and you can see a lot of thought has gone in to building the dorm rooms to have everything you'd need in a hostel! Felt more like staying in someones apartment than a hostel.

Very, very good hostel. It is quiet, but it is in a great location. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The bedrooms are spacious with big lockers and curtains on the beds. Definitely recommend this hostel...more like a hotel with shared rooms.

The staff at the hostel were fantastic! They were so friendly and helpful and made my stay great. The hostel is a 3 minute walk from the centre of split where all the noise is so for someone that wanted to relax more than party it was perfect. Only down fall is that the common area was really small so it was harder to meet people and less of the general hostel atmosphere

This was a very nice hostel and it was very clean. The location was good however hard to find in the dark so if you arrive at night do some research into what it looks like and very good directions. Friendly staff and the rooms were good. Got your own locker and key which was also very helpful. Good place.

It was a nice, new-looking hostel with good facilities, beds with your own lockers and shelves and the staff was super friendly. The bathrooms were clean, there were two showers for each gender (I think). Free bowl of cereal in the morning too! Would be happy to stay again. Good location by the promenade and palace ruins but about 20 minutes ish from the bus station.

• 30th Jul 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in terms of cleanliness and staff. It is a little bit on the costlier side when you compare to other hostels but definitely worth the stay.

Best hostel. Do yourself a favour and stay here!!

Great place to stay! Service was excellent. Would defiantly recommend staying here! A

I really liked this place! The hostel is very well done, cute and clean, the staff is very nice and friendly and the are is very good. Its a quiet hostel, so if you are looking for a peaceful sleep night, this place is perfect.

This was a surprisingly brilliant hostel. After initial booking faff they found room for us. What looks like a run down building, this hostel was very modern and clean. It's only small but you should find travellers willing to party there. Small common room and kitchen. About 10 min tops from the sea front and local bars and pubs and 20 mins from the bus station but directions are clear. Would recommend!

I only spent one night in this hostel and i was pretty tired when i arrived. Therefore i actually slept almost the whole day. I think the negativities were - no individual shower room (like it was room that had two shower boxes) and I think the common room was really small. Positivities: security and location

The facilities were great and kept clean. There are outlets, lights, curtains for each bunk if you require such things. The bathroom and common area were kept tidy. This is a convenient location, close to the center of town. The staff are excellent. They go above and beyond. They give good advice about what to do. When I left something behind, they were already making arrangements to send it to my next destination before I ran back to get it. They were helpful and friendly the entire stay.

• 15th Jul 2014

I spent a few nights here. The staff were really helpful with tips for Split and setting me up on a day tour. The room were big but each bed had a built in bunk, light, curtain and power socket. The hostel was very clean and constantly being recleaned. One night they gave us a movie to put on and some popcorn and wine which was lovely. The location was good, inside the Old Town. I would stay again if I go back to Split.

Nice place. We stayed for one night and hung out in the hostel all evening and watched a world cup game. The hostel had a good setup for chilling with small patios and a living room. The best part was the bed setup with private curtains, shelves, lights, and electrical outlets.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in, the staff are fantastic and the rooms spacious and clean. Secure lockers, curtains for the bunks, good wifi. I couldn't recommend Tchaikovsky more.

• 5th Jul 2014

Tchaikovsky hostel has been the best hostel we have stayed in while travelling overseas. The staff filip and his sister have been absolutely amazing helping with everything we ask, always going out of their way to exceed our expectations. The hostel is in perfect location you can walk to everything, and filip has pointed out some great reaturants. The hostel is spotless and the rooms are massive the beds are very clean and comfy. I have never been so happy with my accommodation.

• 4th Jul 2014

It was clean and spacious and was a good change from what we had been staying in previously. Didn't appreciate being woken up and yelled at, at 1am by the staff member on nightshift because we were in different beds to the lockers we used (we were x3 in a x4 room) and another person was joining the room when we were told that we would be the only people in the room and no one explained that the beds related to the lockers, it was rude and completely unnecessary

• 27th Jun 2014

It is good to hear you had a pleasant stay altogether but I was a bit confused about your comment. As everyone in the room was awake, our staff member just pointed out that you are in the wrong bed, the response she received was a grin and the guest took another bed. Yelling or waking up someone is out of the question, we never promise the guests to have a private room if they didn't book it and a standard procedure for every guest is a short tour through the hostel explaining the key/bed system

« first « Prev 1 2 3