Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Hostel was pretty dead when I stayed there. I had a 4 person dorm to myself. The hostel could have been cooler if there had been people staying there with me. Oh and the shower kinda sucked.

Great hostel! Everything is new, kept very clean and it's very close to the old city, shops, Marjan park and the harbour. Filip was fantastic - he knows a lot about Split and is very hospitable. The only downside is that the kitchen/common room is rather small and doesn't have a stove (but there is a microwave). But there are lots of quite affordable places to eat in Split, like Macrovega - check it out! And if you don't meet many travellers at the hostel, I recommend 'To Je To' ;)

Excellent hostel with wonderful staff and super comfy beds. We can't wait to return!

Good hostel close to all the attractions. Not a party hostel. Great to wind down. Very clean and beds were comfortable. Only thing is it has push down taps for water in shower and sink.

In a good spot.the staff I did meet were very nice ,and helpful when I asked questions . Very clean ,it wasn't over noisy . A excellent price . I would of stayed longer ,but due to time my dats are limited

It s a really Awesome hostel. You have all you need, it s really really near to the center (palace) And clean. Thank you for all

• 31st Jan 2015

Great hostel! Every bed had everything you could want as a traveler": curtain, outlet, light, cubbies, and personal locker. simple as that, all needs met.

Great hostel to stay in and would definitely stay here again. Laundry facilities and 24 hour reception would be great. Other than that, location is good, price is great, bed and rooms are perfect (warm, private, comfy), kitchen and bathrooms are clean and modern, staff were really helpful. Yes, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

This hostel is superb! Close enough to old town yet not in the center. Very clean, friendly staff, roomy lockers, and small enough it never got too loud. :)

Thanks for the great rating, it was a pleasure having you! Just a side note about the location, people often confuse only the palace being the center/old town, but actually we are in the very center of split, from here on even cars are not allow any more. The National theater is in front of us, and this is also where the medieval city walls begin ;-)

Really nice place and bedrooms are well thought out with curtains etc. Note that the "kitchen" is a kettle and microwave.

Everything was good except for the fact that there were no renges in the kitchen but it was ok there was a microwave.

This is the best hostel during my stay in Croatia. Philip is the best host I have come across.

Tchaikovsky was a great stay. Amazingly clean and spacious hostel. Was really nice to have your own space and be able to put everything away. Owner was so lovely! And the people at reception were always keen to give recommendations. Only thing lacking was atmosphere, hostel was almost full but no where to socialise besides a very small room.

Great hostel. Definitely will stay here again. Great location and dorm beds have curtains, nightlights and electrical outlets. Near everything.

The people working here were so friendly and helpful. This is one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed at and the bed was comfortable and it was nice having a curtain for some added privacy. I will recommend my friends to stay here.

Nice hostel in a good location. Very comfortable and secure. Wifi works well.

I love the cubbies/curtains for the bunk beds. Phillip was also so helpful and such a sweet man. The hostel is truly cute and homey and in a great location - a 5-10 minute walk from most any place you would want to see in Split. A true gem and such a special place :)

• 15th Oct 2014

Phil and Patricia are absolutely nice and great! Phil is eager to recommend places he goes to as a local. The hostel is super clean, environment-friendly as the showers are activated by pressing a knob that let the water flowing for limited time. Though there is no proper amenity to cook a proper meal, the dorms are cozy and there even is a curtain allowing you to have privacy even when other guests are in. I even met "a few good men" which I could even call my "good fellas"! Heheh, movies!

Small, clean, friendly hostel. Very simple but it really had everything I needed for just a few days. The layout of the rooms is very comfortable and well thought out and the staff are super helpful and friendly. One drawback is that it's not very lively, but on the other hand the relatively small communal area meant that it was easy to find other people to hang out with. Thanks :)

The showers and sinks have push buttons which release water for approximately a minute... kind of annoying but other than that the hostel was nice, clean, and i really appreciated the curtain on my bunk!