Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Philip and Patricia have thought of everything -- from the very thorough and helpful hostel website (it even has weather and a currency converter, besides all the appropriate links to navigate the myriad of buses and ferries) to a very full database of (new!) films you can watch on the flat screen in the common room! Very clean and well-maintained. The bed was comfortable with its own curtain like the larger, "factory-style" hostels, but with the feel of home. Would stay here a long time!

• 13th Apr 2014

Incredibly friendly staff.

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough - it was clean, well planned, and a pleasure to stay in. I will recommend it to anyone I know travelling to Split.

Hostel is right outside the main tourist area in Split. The hostel staff was very nice, and even accommodated my check in at 4:30AM. The room was really nice and clean, and each bed had its own very large locker as well was storage shelves in the bunk. I also liked that each bed had its own curtain and high ceilings. I would definitely recommend this hostel and stay again.

This hostel was amazing! I loved Filip who is amazingly personable and friendly, and the hostel had every accommodation you would need as a traveler. Great wifi in the rooms, and curtains on the beds for a little privacy when sleeping. A

The hostel owner and the receptionist were really nice and easy to talk to. They gave me background information about split but also about the country, the political circumstances, etc.

Almost the perfect stay - central location, clean, good use of space in dorm (with a curtain with each bed) and stable wifi. The only NEGATIVE - is that they added an extra 100 kuna to the bill for me and the girl in front of me - which was corrected when it was pointed out. This is the second hostel that has made a large error like this: either it's bad book keeping or something fishy is happening, but PLEASE CHECK YOUR BILL BEFORE PAYING!

Hi there, thanks for your great rating. Sorry again about the mistake with the billing. There are two things that happened recently: Hostelworld changed some terms & conditions recently which caused some trouble in the system. The second is that we changed our internal computer system this winter too and we are still working things out. There is nothing fishy happening, just a simple mistake. Sorry again!

Great hostel! Most spacious room I've ever stayed in.

Brilliant little hostel. Super clean and really nice staff - they know the local area well. The dorm beds are some of the best I've ever seen.

Filip was awesome, so helpful and cheerful. The room was huge with lots of nice touches like a curtain for each bunk bed, my own shelves next to the bed and a reading light. The bed was comfy with soft clean sheets. I had my own big locker. It was a lovely stay. I wish the parking situation had been a little easier but that's not the hostels fault. Thaks

Brilliant hostel! Clean, comfortable and friendly host. Will Definately be returning to this gem !

Hostel has a great set up, with individual shelves, lights and curtains for each bed.. only downside to the hostel is there is no real kitchen

The Hostel was wonderful! Filip was great and answered all of my questions! The directions from the bus station were spot on…I felt secure and comfortable at the hostel as well….Very clean with a great atmosphere! The day I checked out, Filip let me leave my luggage so I could enjoy the day without having to carry it around split Great experience and I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 6th Nov 2013

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Facilities were clean and modern. Bunk beds were quite comfortable and with more than enough roo between the lower/upper bunk so you don't hit your head. Fast internet. Great location that is within a 5 - 7 minute walk of Diocletan's palace. Hostel was a little tricky to find at first but directions are accurat (there is a small placard outside the building with the hostel name...just search for the building number and you'll find it).

This is maybe he best hostel I have stayed in! At first it was a little hard to find but I knew it had to be close by as the directions given were good. When I found it the location was great very close to everything. The staff were brilliant. The owner taking the time to say goodbye to each of his guest and shake hands. The beds were great. Own PowerPoint, curtain for privacy, huge lockers! Lots if room. Beware though short people will struggle to reach top locker.

The guy is a legend really nice, will do anything for you, full of information n suggestions, his sister works there as well at times n is very nice as well It's a smaller hostel but plenty of room in the rooms all new beds etc good size lockers ,masters comfiest ones so far The laws don't allow them to have a stove so just microwave etc free Breaky n tea/coffee etc No complaints best hostel yet n was really good atmosphere the common area is around the rooms so very social

Phillip is so lovely and helpful, can point you in any direction you desire! The 6 bed room is massive!! With curtains a light, shelves and Powerpoint for each bed as well as a spacious locker. There is even room for a couch in the room! The kitchen/lounge area is small but functional. The only small thing is that you have to cross though the kitchen/lounge to get to the ladies bathroom. They have cereals and coffee in the morning for no extra charge. did I mention how awesome Phillip is?

Had a brilliant stay at this hostel! The owner was great- very kind and helpful and offered lots of advice on what to see/do in Split and the surrounding islands. The room itself was spacious with massive lockers to keep belongings in and the whole place was spotless. Would definitely stay again!