Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

I'm not a person of many words, so here it is: I really liked this hostel.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Great hostel, great service.

• 25th Jun 2014

Amazingly clean and beautiful hostel. Bedroom facilities are top notch - light, plug and selves next to bed for each person and a curtain for each bunk to offer some privacy. Bathrooms are clean and modern. Would be better with a proper kitchen and as it's small there isn't a lot of atmosphere but this is made up for by the hostel and how awesome Philip is! Cleaned daily by lovely, friendly cleaner, too.

Great hostel location, staff make you feel at home and are really resourceful with info. Beds have curtains, lights, power

Great host. Great hostel.

Great hostel. Brillant location, comfortable beds, clean, and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend it.

One of best hostels where I have stayed, you guys are doing your work very well. Just one small thing: gould you set a small bench near the showers where people could leave their bags when they are in shower. 😊

Clean and comfortable. Large lockers, bed curtains and plenty of space. Power sockets and a shelf for each bed. Could stay here for a long time. Best hostel we have encountered.

For the price you pay, I couldn't think of a better place to stay in Split. It's in the center, but still isolated from the touristic and crowded area, which for me was perfect. Liked as well the fact that the beds had a curtain that could give you some privacy, even when you are in the room with 5 more people. The staff was as well quite helpful in given some information about tours and ferrys schedules.

Good place. But dont have an oven or hob and you can listen everything even inside the room!

• 18th May 2014

The Tchaikovsky Hostel was exactly what I needed in Split! The location is PERFECT, close to the action but outside of the main centre to lower cost and noise. Definitely recommended!

Perfect place for a Split getaway. I was barely in the hostel—too busy exploring!—but I loved how clean the hostel was, how close it was to everything, and best of all for any backpacker, the fact that there were curtains around the beds for a little bit of privacy. There wasn't much in the way of community—the common room was small—but if you're traveling with friends or have friends in the area, it can't be beat for price,convenience, and cleanliness.

Me and my sister stayed for two nights and this is definitely one of the cleanest and nicest hostels I have been. If they could offer any twin/private rooms, that would've been perfect but I understand that this is not a big hostel to accommodate all sorts of rooms. Staff is very nice, always smiling and the facilities were very new and clean, I especially liked a mini curtain next to each bed so that each could have mini privacy when sleeping /changing etc. Definitely coming back :-)

I loved my stay at Tchaikovsky - great location amazing staff, new interior and super clean! Highly recommended and would definitely stay here again!

I really loved this hostel! It was clean and there were outlets, a light, and a curtain for each bed. The staff was so nice and super accommodating.

Great hostel! I loved my stay here and met many amazing people. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My only suggestions are: 1. Add a holder for the shower head. Sometimes it's nice to be able to shower with both hands free :) 2. Some noise dampening for the doors. Even with the doors closed you could hear the common room.

Hostel was great if you want a comfortable, clean base with good showers

Location is within a very short walk from the town centre, owner was knowledgeable about area and very helpful with queries, ferries and buses timetables for travelling to other cities. Each bed has got a privacy curtain and individual power point and reading light which always get full marks from me. The bathroom has also got a hair dryer which is handy when taking a shower at late night. Quiet time was enforced after certain hours at night.

I extremely enojyed my stay at Tchaikovsky, the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful! The hostel is nicely located, a couple minutes' walk to the historical town. I would definitely recommend it to fellow travellers! :) Daniela

The hostel is very nice, clean and with a helpful staff. The only thing that was a bit nasty was the dorm I stayed in, which was a passage to another. Because of that in a couple of nights there was a lot of noise by the large number of people who passed through the room.