Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Great location and staff. Rooms are nice and spacious with locker for luggage. One room has no outside door therefore other people have to pass through one room to get to the other and that was very annoying. People were coming and going all night and letting the doors slam. Would be nice to find a way to add the extra door.

The location is good, closed to all the attractions, with the cafe' and restaurants nearby. But it's quite dodgy to find so make sure you communicate with hostel prior to you arrival. I wish the shower cubicle would be slightly bigger with somewhere to hang my clothes.

The hostel is very modern and the facilities are great- it is extremely clean and the lockers are great! It doesn't seem to be much of a party hostel and is quite quiet. Its about a 10 minute walk to the main promenade which is good and there are plenty of supermarkets, bakeries and places to eat nearby. The staff are very efficient, friendly and helpful.

Pros: Filip was fantastic - very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and I appreciated the curtains personal access to outlets. Location was very easy to find and convenient to return to in the evenings. Cons: Though I met some wonderful people in Tchaikovsky, it wasn't the social experience I have found in many other hostels I have enjoyed. People kept to themselves and it was hard to meet people not in your room. May have been due to no kitchen/eating area. Cheers, Gabriel

Hostel was pretty dead when I stayed there. I had a 4 person dorm to myself. The hostel could have been cooler if there had been people staying there with me. Oh and the shower kinda sucked.

Really good location, and staff were helpful and friendly. Beds are nice, and the lockers are very big. There's baggage storage on the basement floor too, with a coin deposit lock, which was very convenient!

Great hostel! Everything is new, kept very clean and it's very close to the old city, shops, Marjan park and the harbour. Filip was fantastic - he knows a lot about Split and is very hospitable. The only downside is that the kitchen/common room is rather small and doesn't have a stove (but there is a microwave). But there are lots of quite affordable places to eat in Split, like Macrovega - check it out! And if you don't meet many travellers at the hostel, I recommend 'To Je To' ;)

Excellent hostel with wonderful staff and super comfy beds. We can't wait to return!

Good hostel close to all the attractions. Not a party hostel. Great to wind down. Very clean and beds were comfortable. Only thing is it has push down taps for water in shower and sink.

In a good spot.the staff I did meet were very nice ,and helpful when I asked questions . Very clean ,it wasn't over noisy . A excellent price . I would of stayed longer ,but due to time my dats are limited

It s a really Awesome hostel. You have all you need, it s really really near to the center (palace) And clean. Thank you for all

• 31st Jan 2015