Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

This was a surprisingly brilliant hostel. After initial booking faff they found room for us. What looks like a run down building, this hostel was very modern and clean. It's only small but you should find travellers willing to party there. Small common room and kitchen. About 10 min tops from the sea front and local bars and pubs and 20 mins from the bus station but directions are clear. Would recommend!

I only spent one night in this hostel and i was pretty tired when i arrived. Therefore i actually slept almost the whole day. I think the negativities were - no individual shower room (like it was room that had two shower boxes) and I think the common room was really small. Positivities: security and location

The facilities were great and kept clean. There are outlets, lights, curtains for each bunk if you require such things. The bathroom and common area were kept tidy. This is a convenient location, close to the center of town. The staff are excellent. They go above and beyond. They give good advice about what to do. When I left something behind, they were already making arrangements to send it to my next destination before I ran back to get it. They were helpful and friendly the entire stay.

• 15th Jul 2014

I spent a few nights here. The staff were really helpful with tips for Split and setting me up on a day tour. The room were big but each bed had a built in bunk, light, curtain and power socket. The hostel was very clean and constantly being recleaned. One night they gave us a movie to put on and some popcorn and wine which was lovely. The location was good, inside the Old Town. I would stay again if I go back to Split.

Nice place. We stayed for one night and hung out in the hostel all evening and watched a world cup game. The hostel had a good setup for chilling with small patios and a living room. The best part was the bed setup with private curtains, shelves, lights, and electrical outlets.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in, the staff are fantastic and the rooms spacious and clean. Secure lockers, curtains for the bunks, good wifi. I couldn't recommend Tchaikovsky more.

• 5th Jul 2014

Tchaikovsky hostel has been the best hostel we have stayed in while travelling overseas. The staff filip and his sister have been absolutely amazing helping with everything we ask, always going out of their way to exceed our expectations. The hostel is in perfect location you can walk to everything, and filip has pointed out some great reaturants. The hostel is spotless and the rooms are massive the beds are very clean and comfy. I have never been so happy with my accommodation.

• 4th Jul 2014

It was clean and spacious and was a good change from what we had been staying in previously. Didn't appreciate being woken up and yelled at, at 1am by the staff member on nightshift because we were in different beds to the lockers we used (we were x3 in a x4 room) and another person was joining the room when we were told that we would be the only people in the room and no one explained that the beds related to the lockers, it was rude and completely unnecessary

• 27th Jun 2014

It is good to hear you had a pleasant stay altogether but I was a bit confused about your comment. As everyone in the room was awake, our staff member just pointed out that you are in the wrong bed, the response she received was a grin and the guest took another bed. Yelling or waking up someone is out of the question, we never promise the guests to have a private room if they didn't book it and a standard procedure for every guest is a short tour through the hostel explaining the key/bed system

I'm not a person of many words, so here it is: I really liked this hostel.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Great hostel, great service.

• 25th Jun 2014

Amazingly clean and beautiful hostel. Bedroom facilities are top notch - light, plug and selves next to bed for each person and a curtain for each bunk to offer some privacy. Bathrooms are clean and modern. Would be better with a proper kitchen and as it's small there isn't a lot of atmosphere but this is made up for by the hostel and how awesome Philip is! Cleaned daily by lovely, friendly cleaner, too.

Great hostel location, staff make you feel at home and are really resourceful with info. Beds have curtains, lights, power

Great host. Great hostel.

Great hostel. Brillant location, comfortable beds, clean, and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend it.

One of best hostels where I have stayed, you guys are doing your work very well. Just one small thing: gould you set a small bench near the showers where people could leave their bags when they are in shower. 😊

Clean and comfortable. Large lockers, bed curtains and plenty of space. Power sockets and a shelf for each bed. Could stay here for a long time. Best hostel we have encountered.

For the price you pay, I couldn't think of a better place to stay in Split. It's in the center, but still isolated from the touristic and crowded area, which for me was perfect. Liked as well the fact that the beds had a curtain that could give you some privacy, even when you are in the room with 5 more people. The staff was as well quite helpful in given some information about tours and ferrys schedules.

far from the split bus terminal. was too hard and tired.and there's SQUEAKY FLOOR. WOW.

Good place. But dont have an oven or hob and you can listen everything even inside the room!

The Tchaikovsky Hostel was exactly what I needed in Split! The location is PERFECT, close to the action but outside of the main centre to lower cost and noise. Definitely recommended!