Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Great little hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful and they kept the place clean. I was in a 4 person dorm which was very spacious with big lockers, and the shelves and curtain beside the bed are a big plus. Bed was comfortable, showers were good, and the free breakfast is a plus even if it was basic - not many hostels I've stayed in provide breakfast. The only negatives were the location (it's about 20 minutes walk from the main bus station) and the fact that there's not much atmosphere.

• 26th Sep 2015

I loved this hostel, ended up staying an extra two nights! The common room is a bit small but it's fine because the hostel isnt too big. The staff are really friendly and are always willing to help. The kitchen is only basic but you can get heaps of things to eat within a few minutes walk. Would definitely stay here again.

Very clean and quiet, great location. Not overly social as its small but a great place to get a good nights sleep. Outlets at all beds and great wifi.

Staff were super friendly, hostel was clean with great facilities. In short it was a perfect experience :-)

Loved it, all looked new and clean and the staff was absolutely friendly. A few minutes walk from the Center, but totally worth it.

They will make you feel at home. They offer really big lockers so you can fit your luggage and you have a curtain in your bed and as well some place to place your phone,books or whatever. All the staff was really nice and I met really nice ppl there too

Great hostel overall. Good location just outside the old town and close to a big super market. Breakfast was included and the kitchen facilities were good. Only negative would be the amount of showers 1 for guys.

I booked this online before I left Aus to do a month around Europe and I wasn't dissapointed. The location was excellent! I had a warm welcome from the staff upon arrival and each day they were so helpful and lovely with an query I had about the city or any touristy things I wanted to do, pub crawls, island hopping, even speaking in Croatian to the guy I was arranging a 'blablacar' ride to Budapest with and helping me organise my pickup point. I'd recommend this to anyone and def come stay again

Lovely boutique hostel with very clean and comfortable rooms. Location couldn't be better (it's very near the greatest ice cream shop in Split, possibly the world). Staff were amazing, they gave great recommendations and advice about local transport. As a solo traveller over the age of 25 I would stay here again.

We only stayed here a few short days, but we really enjoyed our time here. Definitely not your type if you want a party hostel or to be around massive groups of people all of the time, but really great if you are looking for a place that is clean, very well located, comfortable, with great Wi-Fi connection & is a fun yet chilled experience.

This is a great place.

Best hostel we stayed in during our trip. Family-run, fabulous staff, small so you get to know everyone. Curtsins on the bunks were so cosy.

A small but still very charming and clean place! The staff is nice and the location is quite close to the main attractions of split.

I've been traveling around Europe for a few months now and I think this is probably the best hostel I've stayed at. Everything was extremely clean, reception was very friendly and spent considerable time answering everyone's every question, and beds had curtains for privacy. My only complain is the layout of the place. You need to walk through the kitchen to reach the women's showers and one of the rooms is located within another, which means twice as many people are walking through your room.

Loved my stay, great beds, very clean and lovely staff!

• 26th Aug 2015

Great location, really good sized beds and lockers. Showers were a bit strange though, they are on a push timed tap and it does not last long at all, have to push lots of times to wash hair after a day at the beach and also they weren't in a private cubicle so had to hang towels and clothes in a communal changing area.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

I love this hostel. First hostel I stayed at on my europe trip and couldn't be happier with my experience. It's clean and homely. It's very small and intimate so meeting people was very easy as a solo traveler. It's very small and doesn't have many rooms so it fills up fast which isn't surprising since it's a really good hostel. Would recommend to anyone.

Very clean hostel with great staff and excellent location. I loved the bed with curtains and big lockers. I would highly recommend it.

Tchaikovsky was one of the best hostels we stayed during our trip through Europe. The location was perfect, a few block away from the Diocletian's palace, the port and the train station. The rooms were big, beds were high and very confortable, lockers were huge (you could fit a suitcase inside it) and the bathrooms were very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and always wanted to help. Wi-Fi worked fine during our stay. You can also use the kitchen and they provide coffee and tea for free.

Small and quiet but good location!! Limited kitchen - can't really.cook but clean building and friendly staff!