Tchaikovsky Hostel Reviews

Ulica Petra Iliča Čajkovskog 4, (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Street No. 4), Split, Croatia

Perfect place for a Split getaway. I was barely in the hostel—too busy exploring!—but I loved how clean the hostel was, how close it was to everything, and best of all for any backpacker, the fact that there were curtains around the beds for a little bit of privacy. There wasn't much in the way of community—the common room was small—but if you're traveling with friends or have friends in the area, it can't be beat for price,convenience, and cleanliness.

Me and my sister stayed for two nights and this is definitely one of the cleanest and nicest hostels I have been. If they could offer any twin/private rooms, that would've been perfect but I understand that this is not a big hostel to accommodate all sorts of rooms. Staff is very nice, always smiling and the facilities were very new and clean, I especially liked a mini curtain next to each bed so that each could have mini privacy when sleeping /changing etc. Definitely coming back :-)

I loved my stay at Tchaikovsky - great location amazing staff, new interior and super clean! Highly recommended and would definitely stay here again!

I really loved this hostel! It was clean and there were outlets, a light, and a curtain for each bed. The staff was so nice and super accommodating.

Great hostel! I loved my stay here and met many amazing people. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My only suggestions are: 1. Add a holder for the shower head. Sometimes it's nice to be able to shower with both hands free :) 2. Some noise dampening for the doors. Even with the doors closed you could hear the common room.

Hostel was great if you want a comfortable, clean base with good showers

Location is within a very short walk from the town centre, owner was knowledgeable about area and very helpful with queries, ferries and buses timetables for travelling to other cities. Each bed has got a privacy curtain and individual power point and reading light which always get full marks from me. The bathroom has also got a hair dryer which is handy when taking a shower at late night. Quiet time was enforced after certain hours at night.

I extremely enojyed my stay at Tchaikovsky, the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful! The hostel is nicely located, a couple minutes' walk to the historical town. I would definitely recommend it to fellow travellers! :) Daniela

The hostel is very nice, clean and with a helpful staff. The only thing that was a bit nasty was the dorm I stayed in, which was a passage to another. Because of that in a couple of nights there was a lot of noise by the large number of people who passed through the room.

Philip and Patricia have thought of everything -- from the very thorough and helpful hostel website (it even has weather and a currency converter, besides all the appropriate links to navigate the myriad of buses and ferries) to a very full database of (new!) films you can watch on the flat screen in the common room! Very clean and well-maintained. The bed was comfortable with its own curtain like the larger, "factory-style" hostels, but with the feel of home. Would stay here a long time!

• 13th Apr 2014

Incredibly friendly staff.

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough - it was clean, well planned, and a pleasure to stay in. I will recommend it to anyone I know travelling to Split.

Hostel is right outside the main tourist area in Split. The hostel staff was very nice, and even accommodated my check in at 4:30AM. The room was really nice and clean, and each bed had its own very large locker as well was storage shelves in the bunk. I also liked that each bed had its own curtain and high ceilings. I would definitely recommend this hostel and stay again.

1 2 3 Next » last »