Tea Trip Hostel Reviews

the left section of 3rd Floor, No.19-4 Nan Ji Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen, China

A bit hard to find, you should tell your taxi driver to call them for exact directions. Apart from that it's a very nice place, I highly recommend it.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Poland

I booked the dorm for one night, bed is pretty comfortable and they provide bed linen. The bathroom tho was really dirty.

One-minute walk from Subway Station Hubei, so it's very conveniently located. It's also within walking distance to Dongmen (East Gate) and Laojie (Old Street). But the facilities and the atmosphere don't look like what a hostel should offer.

Lots of rats!!

You owe me on this one

Thanks a lot for your review,we will give you a discount if you come here next time.

The place is cozy and the staff very helpful. I liked the rooms and found them very comfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us,Your comment is very cherished.we are looking forward to your next visit ,Wish you a good trip :-D

Everyone in my room ended up with bed bug bites, no one should have to suffer these. Also, the shower is directly over the squat-hole type toilet. So for westerners, this could be very uncomfortable.

• 14th Nov 2014

Sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. We don't have bed bugs, just a whole bunch of mosquitos ... it's a Shenzhen thing during this period, drives everyone nuts. We do have mosquito repellant insents and spray at the front desk, feel free to ask for some next time you are staying with us, it's on the house :)

Nice place, decent location near MTR. Beds were terrible and had bed bugs.

• 14th Nov 2014

I loved the English speaking staff I met. They were incredibly helpful, kind, and fun to hang out with. I feel like I made two friends there. Unfortunately the facilities weren't very nice.

Hi,Ben,thank you for your feedback,it means a lot to us. Wishing you all the best for your travels! Come back and see all the improvements we're making next time you are back in Shenzhen. :)

Definitely a decent place but showers could be more spacious and better in general. Could also have a better description of how to find the place. Located a couple of minutes from metro in a busy area of town. Lots of eating and shopping options all around.

We are so sorry to hear your experience was not upto your expectations. As usual we offer to meet you at the metro station exit. The space is inherited, so not much we could do about it, but hope we can make the necessary adjustments in the near future to make the showers more functional.

The hostel Tea Trip is as a many hostels, just basic things, the stuff are very very nice but them English not good enough, about the information of Shenzhen very poor because they are not from that city. Around the hostel in other rooms were Chinese people gambling day and night , no to stay there, you can see all of this once you walk around the hostel and when you are at the lobby, but once you are in room, is very quite, the area is very convenient specially for those come from Hong Kong.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. And thank for your constructive critism, we are always open to feedback here at Tea Trip Hostel. But I want to explain that around our hostel is just a tea house, people there usually play Chinese Mahjong just for entertainment. Maybe we don‘t know too much about Shenzhen city,at least we can respond to tourism-related inquirie, and we are trying to enrich our knowledge of Shenzhen.

This hostel is relatively good for the price but do not expect to be blown away. The bathrooms and bedrooms are clean but the atmosphere is a little dreary. The staff does not speak English so make sure you have someone who speaks Mandarin to translate if you do not know Mandarin yourself. I would recommend this hostel to a friend.

Thanks for your comment, I'm sorry for your bad experience, maybe some of our staffs don't speak English,but we do have 2 English-speaking staff members that are constantly in the hostel and the receptionist can always ask them to provide any kind of help and advice to guests' question.

A little hard to find... but when I did (midnight) the staff were super helpful. Half don't speak English but the ones that do are more than friendly. Dorm rooms are awesome with so much space.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Many thanks for your kind comment, and thank you again for choosing our hotel, we are looking forward to your next visit :-D

By all means this was the best hostel staying experience I got here in this hostel. It is just a stone throw distance from Hubei Metro Station, from where can commute anywhere in Shenzhen.Very big and spacious Rooms to accommodate only 6 hostellers, this gives big breathing , living, enjoying space to everyone. Also there is kitchen facility, but here there is very good scope for improvement and creation of hygienic atmosphere which is lacking at present. If find opportunity I will come again.

Many thanks for your kind comment.we will try our best to improve our hostel,and thank you again for choosing our hotel, we are looking forward to your next visit

The hostel is harder to find than it says on this website you have to go into a building to see the sign for it. So it took me at least 30 minutes to find it.

Thanks for your comment and sorry for your bad experience, We have already renewed the information of address to make it easier for you customers to find.