Teddy Bear Hostel Riga Reviews

3, Vecpilsetas Street, Riga, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

I love the location and the atmosphere of the hostel. I felt like home! thank you

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

The location is perfect (shopping center is near too). We stayed in private room which was very nice, cozy and clean. The hostel is very small and quiet, although no common area only kitchen:) The hostel isn't for parties, but if you want, you can easily make friends and go outside to pubs and bars. It should be more forks and knifes in the kitchen and we had some problems with Wi-Fi

Beautiful rooms with lovely rooftop views, would recommend staying there midweek, as weekends get noisy from the bar downstairs (it went til 8am).

Really nice and small hostel. Great location in old historical town. Heplful staff. But the hostel is in 4th floor with no elevator - this could be a big disadvantage for travelers with heavy luggage. And the hostel owner really should buy a new shower courtain.

The hostel was so good. I would highly recommend this to everyone.

Not the place if you're looking for a party. But otherwise would highly recommend.

All was fine

If your budget is very small and you need only the basic things like bed, kitchen, wifi, this is your place. It's a small hostel, familiar atmosphere and good staff. I will come back if I go to Riga.

The kitchen is really small and poor of things to cook.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

The hostel has a great location. There is a very simple brackfast for free. It was a bit hard to find it. You have to look carefully to see the indications because it is hidden. And I thought it was a little bit scary the hostel wen I got there haha. it was night and I didn't find the lights to turn on. So I have to get the stairs up in the dark seeing those teddy bear drawing on the walls.

Arriving fairly late in the evening was not a problem as the receptionist had agreed to wait up for us. Two members of reception staff we met were very friendly and helpful. Our dorm room was nice, clean and rather spacious. There was plenty of general info on display boards in the hallway which I always find very helpful if you are more of an unprepared traveller. The hostel is located very much in the centre, with lots of small, cosy bars in its immediate vicinity in the charming old town.

TV would have been nice. Apart from that facilities are good.