Teddy Bear Hostel Riga Reviews

3, Vecpilsetas Street, Riga, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

lots of stairs to do!! anyway is a good Hostel. there is a Pub closed to the hostel. the play music till 4.00 am !!! take some ears plug!! :-)

The entrance is a little bit hard to find, and the 3 floors stairway can be discouraging, but the hostel is cosy and cute. Staff is super nice and helpful. We got the private room, and it was very good, bathrooms also. Kitchen is good. Very good for the price.

The staff was very helpfull and really made me feel welcome. It was nice that the place was not a party place, there was guests in every age, not only 18 years old..

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Finland

The hostel was perfect, as they had a perfect location (straight into the Old Town) and it was quiet, so we could have a tight sleep. The rooms and facilities were comfortable and cozy, and that made us feel almost at home. If you want some peace while staying in Riga, this is your hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Spain

the kitchen is very small, the breakfast cannot be called a breakfast (white bread + jam), the wifi didn't work most of the time and there were no lockers. the staff is very friendly and kind, but the facilities need some improvement. there is also a bar next to the hostel, so when you sleep in the big 6p-room, you will hear the noise (not every night, but on wednesday for example the bar is very crowded and then you will hear noise till the middle of the night). the location is perfect!

• 21st Jul 2014

Well located, comfy and spacious rooms, friendly staff. Good value for money. Improvements need to be made in the kitchen- there are currently no utensils to cook with. Peeler? grater? knives?

Bed were confortable too bad it was hard to sleep because of the Music coming from the clubs downstairs

• 15th Jul 2014

Excellent location and clean & spacious room. Little bit worn on the inside and up a long flihgt of stairs but you pay for the location

Good location, cleanliness of lower floor was poor, especially the shower, upstairs it was better.

Clean rooms, cosy beds. Kind and helpful staff. The kitchen is a little bit small and the breakfast only consists out of plain white bread and a pot of marmelade, therefore I would not count it as breakfast.

I'm known within my family as a person who can sleep anywhere. But I had trouble sleeping over the bar (which is under the Teddy Bear Hostel) because the bass was so powerful it would rattle the windows. If you are going to Riga to party, this would be a plus. But it limited my sleep. The staff is exceptionally nice and pleasant.

Great welcome.We were given clean bath towels for free because it was our birthdays! Beautiful big double room well furnished and a lovely view. Shared bathroom was no problem as there was only one other room on our floor. Also the kitchen was on our floor (very clean and well equipped) The only downside was the number of stairs but no problem if you are fit!! One of the best places I have stayed and would recommend it to anyone!!!!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really friendly and helpful staff. Very accommodating. Room was large and clean and kitchen met all needs. Breakfast was only toast and jam but was fine. Great location and easy to find. It was great that we had backpacks because there are many stairs to walk up.

Lovely place! The teddy bears painted on the walls were really cute. I felt like coming to a home instead of a hostel, which was nice too. Very peaceful, no party crowds or noisy people. Loved it. Got to sleep. The staff was very helpful and just nice. Fell in love with the place, will come again.

Extremly nice and helpful girl in reception.

All the people from the staff I met were very friendly and helpful (thanks for that), the location of the hostel is perfect, the prices are very cheap (you get even a breakfast included within), it's clean, and you really feel at home, maybe my favorite hostel in my scandinavian-baltic trip.

• 9th Mar 2014

We were group of girls staying in a dorm and we really enjoyed our stay.This hostel is the best for young people, I think.The staff is very friendly and helpful.It's situated in the city center,close to the train and bus station.And the price...wonderful

There isn't lockers which isn't good :-( Otherwise it was nice, good location, nice staff. Not the place where you want to hang out but staying a night or two, it's great!