Teeraya Boutique Dormitory Reviews

92 Soi 2 Wualai Rd., T.Haiya, A.Muang, Hai Ya, Chiang Mai, Thailand

More like a hotel, great staff, good location and the pool is a nice touch. We went to visit the elephants which was booked via the hostel, highly recommended!

Teeraya boutique is a great hostel. For £3 a night you are greeted by lovely staff in what feels a very tranquil environment. We were upgraded to a dorm with a air con with made our stay even better. Myself and 2 of my friends stayed in a 4 person mixed dorm but ended up just being the 3 of us which was nice! The facilities were clean and the room we had, had a balcony. The added touches made it extra nice. I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling. Great location, great hostel.

No hot water at all!

The hostel is set in a great location close to the old city centre. Rooms are great with both air con and fan. Wifi works perfectly throughout the hostel. Atmosphere could have been a bit better however we only stayed for two nights so it may have just been quiet. Unfortunately the kitchen was closed on New Year's Day which happened to be the only day we planned on having food there so I can't comment on that aspect. Other than that the staff seemed friendly and I'd recommend the hostel.

• 30th Dec 2015

I was feeling pretty sick when I stayed here. Nice place to sleep and relax. Pool was pretty salty but it was a welcome relief from the heat. Not a place to meet people but a lovely place to stay overall.

Communal areas were dirty. There was also an ash tray full of cigaratte butts left on tha balcony of our room so it was evident it had not been cleaned properly. Things were hanging off the wall. And teh pool was re-clorinated during the day as opposed to the evening so it wasnt usable.

• 20th Dec 2015

Arrived earlier than I should have. Staff were great and wasn't a problem. First impressions good. Had a mixed 4 bed to myself for one night, bed comfy. Although no air con 2 fans in the room were more than enough. Only con j would say was the bathroom. As soon as you open the door the shower head was there. Funny smell to the drain and shower was cold but apart from that happy with my stay. The pool was a great touch! Nice and quiet if that's what you want.

booked 4bed dorm which was super tiny and the most disgusting dirty dorm I have ever been to and I traveled a lot in Asia, Europe and Australia. We had two long stay guests in the room so there was actually no space for our stuff anymore, the bathroom was super disgusting it looked like they have never cleaned it at all, smelled awful as well....the door was always open, everybody could get in, not enough lookers for all dorm guests...don't go there, even if they have a pool there are better one

Great hostel to stay in, facilities were great and the 8 Dorms means you can meet people easily! Definitely recommended. The only bother we had was the female dormitory next door was very noisy! but staff managed to quiet them down after a complaint. Overall very happy with stay, thankyou :) Yummy breakfast too!

dormitory was super small, there is no space for bags so it's only good if you stay short term, the hotel itself is super nice with a pool and friendly staff but the dorm is super dirty, it seems that they never go in to clean the floor...

Nice hostel with a good pool. However the staff and the security lets it down. The security is severely lacking in this hostel. They have 12 lockers for the entire hostel which the staff use as well. Also, there is one one room key per dorm which is not an issue. However, when you leave the room you are required to leave it in a box on the front desk with all the others meaning you can take any key from it. When mentioning this issue to staff they found as to be rude for mentioning it.

I had fab time in Teeraya! It's great chilled place, salty pool, staff is friendly, rooms are tidy & comfortable beds! Food market is only few minutes walk (or small cute restaurant just 5min walk w cheap & good food) & towards the east is the fun places if u wanna party! I met some nice ppl as I travel alone. Did the Ran-Tonga elephant thing, loved it! After couple days in Pai came back,felt very comfortable there!

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

Myself and 3 other friends stayed here for a week and loved it. Not a far walk from a 7/11 and food market. Short tuk tuk ride to Night Bazaar market. Excellent value for money and I would stay here again. Pool is perfect for hot days and to get a bit of a tan. We also did an overnight trek organised by the hostel which I would strongly advice to do

Was a nice and clean place with a lovely salt water pool. Just stayed one night when we had an airport trip in the morning. Not much of an atmosphere or very social though.

Really nice, clean hostel with a decent pool. Unfortunately the staff were rude, but apart from that, it was all good.

Love this hostel with excellent service from the excellent and knowledgeable staff and a refreshing pool! Great location for the market too!

i liked that each dorm room has an individual bathroom. Place doesnt have an atmosphere, luckily I had come with 2 friends so it was ok. Not recommended as a solo backpacker. I ended up canceling my reservation and they were nice enough to refund a bit of my money, unlike most hostels that have strict no refund policies.

I absolutely loved this place. The staff are wonderful, it's not far from the centre of Chiang Mai, but away from the noise of the city. And the price for the bed was outstanding. They could charge more. I also went on trip to their elephant sanctuary, to the juvenile camp. One of the best experiences of my life. I also ended up staying for a week there.

Helpful lady at reception who offered us a discount for staying two more nights. Air-con wasn't very good however; the fan in the room helped a lot. Would have liked the staff to offer to help with sightseeing a bit more, although they offered us a discount at their elephant sanctury, owned by the same guy who owns the hotel. Had to ask for new towels. Breakfast wasn't great. Pool was nice, always shaded. 7/10

Stayed in both the twin private rooms and the dorms and had an enjoyable experience. Lovely clean, comfy rooms and pleasant staff. Booked an elephant experience through them which was great! We came back on our route back down through Thailand because we knew it was a nice place to stay.

View all Chiang Mai Bed and Breakfasts