Teeraya Boutique Dormitory Reviews

92 Soi 2 Wualai Rd., T.Haiya, A.Muang, Hai Ya, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nice hotel with great pool. The common area is fine but everybody is just doing their own thing. Our room was right next to someone's liven hut outside. They uses our little balcony as a drying reck and it made you just uncomfortable to have the curtains open at any time. This also made that anyone could climb onto the balcony and open the rickety door with little effort. Luckily there are free lockers in the common area.

The staff were very nice and helpful. Place was attractive and clean. Nice rooms. Beautiful decor and pool. Great location near Chiang Mai gate. Excellent value. Thankyou for a wonderful stay!

Teeraya was fantastic. The staff were incredibly friendly and extremely helpful making our stay in Chiang Mai fantastic. Pool is wonderful, rooms are comfortable with good bathrooms and showers. I highly recommend Teeraya and make sure to visit Nui across the road for a beer and coffee. He might even show you around the temples of Chiang Mai!

• 19th Apr 2015

I had a great stay at Teeraya. The staff was very nice and helped me book a hiking/kayaking trip as well as called us a taxi. We visited over Songkran and they had a party with free food and drinks! Not to mention the bed was really comfortable. Definitely a good place to stay!

• 12th Apr 2015

Pool was really chlorinated. They also only have one key per room that gets left up front when you leave, which gets a little annoying, but nothing to not stay for. Overall nice stay though, good breakfast.

The Teeraya Boutique is a nice place for a few days stay. It is, however, lacking in something.... Perhaps it was the staff who chose to talk amongst themselves or watch movies on the computer rather than open up or help the guests? The atmosphere, when it feels like there is a segregation betweent he people who work and the people who stay, becomes really uncomfortable and cold. It almost felt as if we were bothering the people at the front desk which is, in my opinion, unprofessional.

• 4th Apr 2015

Good location. On the same street as the Sunday market. Clean pool, great for tanning. Wifi didn't reach the room on the 3rd floor so had to go down to lobby. Good breakfast and same day laundry services. No computers but Internet cafe 5 minute walk away. TV in room and AC. Surprisingly a few good channels with American shows for those who have been travelling for a while.

The staff are funny and helpful.. They booked cruises and taxis for us and sold beer all night! The only negative thing is that the pool closes at 10pm

• 19th Mar 2015

We only stayed one night on our way thru Chaing Mai. The location was great, walking distance to old city and quiet atmosphere in the evening only complaint is that there were cob webs in the corners of the ceiling and the drain in the bathroom was clogged. Other then that we had a hood experience people at the front desk were very helpful!

If your thinking of staying here for the swimming pool then DONT. It is small and dirty that the water is green, there is no sun lounge area either. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was nice, location was a 15 minute walk to main part.

Nice staff, Nice lobby. Rooms were also Nice only The bathroom was dirty. We stayed for one night and it was good.

I wasn't impressed by this place and only stayed one night. The facilities look fine and the swimming pool is a plus I guess. However, there was a total lack of atmosphere. Plus, when I arrived all the staff seemed to be having dinner or hagnging out and not very present or helfpul. I stayed in a dorm, which was clean but the toilet was tiny and I found a dead cockroach on the floor.

good location. good atmosphere.

Cheerful staff, swimming pool, place to hang out, and all the basics. Highly recommended.

I really liked the hostel and the pool was very nice and well kept. The lockers there are small and there aren't enough for everyone so be prepared to potentially not have a locker also you have to leave your key at the front desk so that your other roommates can get into your room. The staff were friendly. The location was nice a bit off of the beaten path but close enough that you could walk to the main part of the city.

The worst hostel I have ever stayed at. We left after one night as the beds were so dirty we couldn't even sleep under the covers. It was noisy and just had an unpleasant vibe. There is only one key for the dorm and no lockers. The staff refunded our remaining nights which was good but really save the hassle and don't stay here.

This hostel looked pretty impressive when we arrived then got let down by staff as soon as we check in. We booked and paid extra for a private 4 dorm only to find that there wasn't any available after they take our money, we get told we can change rooms the next night but that didn't happen either. We then didn't book any excursions with the hostel and then got told we couldn't stay any longer. Other than this it is a pretty nice relaxing hostel not far from the city centre.

The hostel was extremely noisy. The staff as well as the travellers used to be noisy late at night and very early in the morning.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff was very friendly and welcoming, and seemed like they enjoy what they do. Pool is a nice bonus. Thanks!

Staff here are pretty friendly and I really liked the common area downstairs. Has a very relaxed vibe and it was easy to meet people. I stayed in a private room because that's all that was available. It was clean enough for my standards, beds were okay. It is kind of noisy during the day but I found it quiet at night.

View all Chiang Mai Bed and Breakfasts