Teeraya Boutique Dormitory Reviews

92 Soi 2 Wualai Rd., T.Haiya, A.Muang, Hai Ya, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel to stay in, facilities were great and the 8 Dorms means you can meet people easily! Definitely recommended. The only bother we had was the female dormitory next door was very noisy! but staff managed to quiet them down after a complaint. Overall very happy with stay, thankyou :) Yummy breakfast too!

dormitory was super small, there is no space for bags so it's only good if you stay short term, the hotel itself is super nice with a pool and friendly staff but the dorm is super dirty, it seems that they never go in to clean the floor...

Nice hostel with a good pool. However the staff and the security lets it down. The security is severely lacking in this hostel. They have 12 lockers for the entire hostel which the staff use as well. Also, there is one one room key per dorm which is not an issue. However, when you leave the room you are required to leave it in a box on the front desk with all the others meaning you can take any key from it. When mentioning this issue to staff they found as to be rude for mentioning it.

I had fab time in Teeraya! It's great chilled place, salty pool, staff is friendly, rooms are tidy & comfortable beds! Food market is only few minutes walk (or small cute restaurant just 5min walk w cheap & good food) & towards the east is the fun places if u wanna party! I met some nice ppl as I travel alone. Did the Ran-Tonga elephant thing, loved it! After couple days in Pai came back,felt very comfortable there!

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

Myself and 3 other friends stayed here for a week and loved it. Not a far walk from a 7/11 and food market. Short tuk tuk ride to Night Bazaar market. Excellent value for money and I would stay here again. Pool is perfect for hot days and to get a bit of a tan. We also did an overnight trek organised by the hostel which I would strongly advice to do

Was a nice and clean place with a lovely salt water pool. Just stayed one night when we had an airport trip in the morning. Not much of an atmosphere or very social though.

i liked that each dorm room has an individual bathroom. Place doesnt have an atmosphere, luckily I had come with 2 friends so it was ok. Not recommended as a solo backpacker. I ended up canceling my reservation and they were nice enough to refund a bit of my money, unlike most hostels that have strict no refund policies.

I absolutely loved this place. The staff are wonderful, it's not far from the centre of Chiang Mai, but away from the noise of the city. And the price for the bed was outstanding. They could charge more. I also went on trip to their elephant sanctuary, to the juvenile camp. One of the best experiences of my life. I also ended up staying for a week there.

Helpful lady at reception who offered us a discount for staying two more nights. Air-con wasn't very good however; the fan in the room helped a lot. Would have liked the staff to offer to help with sightseeing a bit more, although they offered us a discount at their elephant sanctury, owned by the same guy who owns the hotel. Had to ask for new towels. Breakfast wasn't great. Pool was nice, always shaded. 7/10

Stayed in both the twin private rooms and the dorms and had an enjoyable experience. Lovely clean, comfy rooms and pleasant staff. Booked an elephant experience through them which was great! We came back on our route back down through Thailand because we knew it was a nice place to stay.

Teeraya Boutique Dormitory was a very enjoyable place to stay while in Chiang Mai. Although we were only there for a night we enjoyed the air conditioned rooms and the nice pool! Staff was very friendly and were more than happy to store our luggage for us after our checkout time but before we needed to head to the airport. No Lockers in rooms but there is a bank in the lobby you can use if you bring your own lock. Free wifi only worked in the lobby

I booked this place at the last minute and they were very accommodating despite my tardiness.

All great. Only issue is booking a taxi back to the airport through them, was less than 5 minutes and expensive. Book your own.

• 3rd Aug 2015

I only stayed for one night so I was near the airport. Good location for this, not for the nightlife part of the town. Seems social but wasn't there for long. Seems to have enough facilities. Don't recall seeing a locker.

We had no hot water until the last night. The shower itself didn't have good water pressure and there was no way to control its temperature. The bed had only the bottom sheet and comforter. They both didn't look like they were washed before we got there. There were some stains on the sheets and hair all over it. We also didn't like the fact that they lied to us about the elephant tour we booked through them. They really promote one elephant tour (Ran-Tong). We were very disappointed.

I didn't liked that they wanted to charge me on check out, even after I payed when checked in, like always, after 10-15 minutes they figured out that we already payed, but it wasn't pleasant, and we was on our way to the airport. Dormitory rooms need some maintenance.

One of the best places we stayed at! The staff were friendly helpful and they helped arrange some excursions, very good value for money, stayed and extra 2 nights. Very chilled environment and quite area. Amazing Saturday market on their doorstep

Wifi needs to be made so you don't have to sit in the lobby!

The rooms are a decent size and the bottom bunks are the comfiest I've stayed in in Asia! The staff are the kindest and most helpful staff we have encountered on our stay and are always happy to help with any queries and helped us sort out getting conned by an independent travel agent. Very good hostel and great value for money!

Overall, we would stay here again. I liked how the front staff was very welcoming, lively lobby, & hot showers. However, the internet was hard to connect to. They didn't give you enough toilet paper, we had to go down for water bottles & clean towels. They have a convenient laundry service, and a good-affordable breakfast menu in the lobby. It's location is great; 10min walk to the Sunday Night Market and 30min walk to the night bazar. It is also very close by to the airport and train station.

View all Chiang Mai Bed and Breakfasts