Tekweni Backpackers Hostel Reviews

169 Ninth Ave, Morningside, AF, 4001, Durban, South Africa

very very very loud guests. No staff asked them to keep it down or move outside etc.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks for rating us. You didn't rate us too badly so I see you did like us except the noise issue. Really sorry about that . It is one of the things that goes with the territory of being a festive place. I do agree that if peeps were making noise inside that we should have moved them to the outside area and tell them to keep it down. That is the way we manage that. I will mention it to the guys today. We hope to see you back and we will assure you get a bed on the quieter side of the hostel.

Awesome place to stay at if you're looking for a lively atmosphere. Great staff,very friendly and helpful. Clean facilities and walking distance from bars and clubs which is great if you're like me and hate having to drive to get a bit of the cities nightlife. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a lively place to stay.do not stay here if you're looking for a quiet night in. See you guys again the next time I'm in Durban city 😃

Tekweni is a great place if you're looking for a good time. I give them extra high marks because they were very accommodating to my group (which changed size at the last minute), and were very laid back about it. The only thing I would mention is that it's a pretty loud place, even for the private rooms, so if you're looking to rest, it might not be the best place. But it was a lot of fun playing pool by the pool and meeting some awesome people!

Staff was a bit rude. Hostel is loud and a nonstop party scene, even until 3am or so. Bathrooms are located in weird places and lights don't stay on. Kitchen isn't very clean. Old refrigerators that need cleaning. Overall just too loud and it seemed like a bunch if random people just hang out there.

• 1st Apr 2015

It seems like maybe we aren't your type of place. We are very open about being festive from our first interaction with peeps. We go out of our way to point that out actually as we have a specific market that love us and that is who we want. Besides all that the staff rude part isn't cool. That is normally one of our strong points. Bathrooms in weird places?? First time I heard that one but ok. And the lights that don't stay on thing. Light sensors as there is a crisis re electricity in SA.

We stayed in Durban for two nights. Our twin room was very small compared to other hostels and the kitchen was tiny and often dirty. We liked the braai in the evening. That was great fun and a good opportunity to meet new people.

Good hostel. Convenient for a number of bars and restaurants. Crowd is generally up for a good night.

Awesome place, great fun. I was very sad to leave and would definitely stay here again.

You rock guys;) There is always a reason to come back

• 24th Feb 2015

No joke everything was ok and staff was really cool. Thanks jabs.