Tekweni Backpackers Hostel Reviews

169 Ninth Ave, Morningside, AF, 4001, Durban, South Africa

I didn't hate the place but I'm not fussy.. only 1 charge point in room of 10, no lockers, nothing works properly, staff are ok nice enough, near to some dodgy night life (Blackpool meets SA) durbans a hole, so much more to see in SA, lots of locals hanging round in hostel, not an amazing party hostel as sold, near to supermarket, it is in safer part of city, an average bed for the night then move on quick! It's so so

Thanks for your review. Sounds like you either caught us at a bad time or we caught you at a bad time. Some positive there though and we will definitely pay attention to your not so positive points. We love Durb's as do many, many others and definitely don't think it is "a hole" but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Had a great time here, great place to meet people and party. Nice patio to chill out. Just off Florida Rd with lots of restaurants and bars. About the 15 min walk to the beach.

Thanks for the great write up. Hope to see you back again!

Perfect lcation to restuarants, bars, beach, and shops. Everything was really clean and the staff is wonderful.

• 27th Dec 2013

We are not worthy.! Do you want a job? Lol. Thanks for the fantastic review. Hope to see you back soon.

Awesome atmosphere and super friendly staff! The Braais twice a week are an awesome way to meet new people. Very chilled atmosphere but well organized. Super fast internet and DStv were just some of the awesome extras you get when you stay here. Rooms were clean and comfortable. For what you're paying, you're getting a hell of a lot from this hostel! Area feels safe and there are tons of places to go, either to chill or to party. This is a party hostel. Definitely staying here again.

What a fantastic write up! Thanks sooo much!! Look forward to seeing you back again.

I only stayed the night so I can't say very much about it. But if you're one of those people that doesn't like a 'not-very-clean' place, don't stay here. And if you're one of those people that likes to party, definitely stay here! The bunkbeds are a bit scary though.

Thanks for the review. Not our best review that is for certain but we appreciate your honesty. We like to think we have created a little something for more peeps then just your hard core party guys. We will check out what room you stayed in to see what you mean by the bunks. Maybe another night would make a difference as the day time at Tek's also rocks. We would have happily moved you to another room more to your liking.

As I knew it is a party place I asked for a quiet room. I stayed for two nights. Helpful staff and nice music :) .

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your great feedback. Yes we have plenty of more private quieter accommodation. Glad you took advantage of it. Hope to see you back.

The best atmosphere, good to make friends and a lot of restaurants around...I also had a good time at the swimming pool...I liked everything, except the Wi Fi connection which was really poor. I would go back.

Fantastic. You get what we are about. We love that! We hope you do come back.

Definately not the best place we stayed during our holidays. The bed was old and nasty, there was no light in the room, there was only one electricity outlet and loud music kept you awake. Very nice place for groups if you want to party a lot during your holidays. Definitely not suitable for guests that do have other plans than just partying.

Thanks for your feedback. Gonna check what room you were in to get to the bottom of that other stuff as we have been upgrading those types of things. We had feedback from others saying that we are more then just a party place as we have many different social areas and you can chose the vibe that suits you at the time.

A bit grimy and dirty (saw cockroaches on the stairs and under the bed in the big dorm, but only on my first night). However, tekweni has a great vibe overall and the staff was helpful. Great location. Internet was a little spotty but at least it was free!

Thanks for the great review. We do have a pest control company service us monthly but we will check out those spots. Glad you enjoyed the Tek's thing!

I just had one night, security was so good my room key took three attempts each time to get in. Nice place, good atmosphere. Chilled.

Thanks for your great rating and kind words. Don't quite get the room key thing but guessing you are speaking in code. Lol. Hope you can make it back for another visit.