7.6
Very Good 212 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 212 Total Reviews
Tekweni Backpackers Hostel Located at 169 Ninth Ave, Morningside, AF, 4001, Durban.
South Africa
Durban 169 Ninth Ave, Morningside, AF, 4001
76% 212
-29.8336825 31.0159277
    Rooms available

• South Africa, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

It was a beautiful stay we had a lot of fun

• Chile, Female, 25-30
26th Jul 2016
7.4

I might have just had bad luck, I saw 2 cocroaches in my room, asked twice for an extra blanket which I didnt get And there was absolutely no wifi which made me really angry, but I cant say I wouldnt go again because it has everything a hostel needs And you can find nice live bands on florida road which really made my trip to Durban. I walked to the Beach And the stadium, I recomend the location for walking distance during day.

• France, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
4.0

The staff was not really professional and careless when we arrived. Regarding the premices, the pool was dirty and the bathroom close to our room was really old and had missing tiles. The room had dead insects squashed on the walls. When we left we were told that a fee of 5% of the total price is charged when you pay by card. We finally didn't pay it after arguying that we were not aware of such payment policy.

Thanks for your review. I think, You quite clearly did not enjoy our pl;ace, I see no mention of the atmosphere or the people. It also appears you were looking for things wrong instead of things right. Did you not notice the great stream of music we played or our free braai nights or all the other peeps enjoying themselves. I think we are possibly not the right place for you,

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
7.7

No lockers in room but you can put your valuables at the reception. There's a dire lack of power sockets. In the room I was in, there was only one power socket... and in this digital world we live in, it can become quite a struggle. This is definitely a party hostel, with occasional BBQs. If you're looking for peace and quiet, this is definitely not it. But if you're up for meeting new people and music, then this is it. Showers are clean with hot water.

15th Jul 2016

A really pleasant and comfortable place to stay in Durban with extremely helpful staff. Great atmosphere especially in the evening because of the bar, which serves beer at reasonable prices and attracts not only the guests staying there but also locals from the city. It's a party hostel but has a homey and friendly atmosphere even for those who don't party; my room was far from the bar area and I slept well.

30th May 2016
8.0

Great hostel within a very good location (close to many restaurants and bars). The beach is also very easy to reach, if you are willing to use the public transportation. If you are interested in different activities and trips there is a information desk which will help you booking. The public area is very nice and relaxed and the rooms, the showers and the beds are clean. Only little criticism: no sockets or lockers in the room (but there is a safe at the reception)

Thanks for the awesome review. We will look into your queries. Otherwise you get us. Hope to see you back again soon.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
18th May 2016
3.7

Roaches in our room and beds. Sheets so bare and thin yiu can see through them. Staff screaming at 7 in the morning as they tidy up.

Not a nice review. I notice you made no mention of our friendly reception staff, vibrant music that welcomes you on arrival, our free braais or the amount of fun to be had at our place. We have a pest control company service us monthly. You are bound to get some roaches in Durban but Im quite sure we have them pretty well under control. I am going to check the sheets in the room you stayed in however. Perhaps we are not your type of place as you missed what we are about.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
18th May 2016

The front desk staff was great. The cleaning ladies were rude and mean. They would come into the room unannounced and wake everyone up to ask who was checking out, information that they should be able to get from the front desk. If you are in the bathroom when they are trying to clean the bathroom they will just mop around you and hit you enough times with the mop until you leave.

You have rated us really well. Thank you! The second part of your rating is very unusual though. Most peeps actually love our cleaning staff and they do get instructions from the front desk who is leaving on the day. I am going to need to check this out because I have never heard this before. But thanks for bringing it to our attention and thanks for the great rating outside of that. We hope to see you back at some point.

• South Africa, Male, 31-40
25th Mar 2016

Nice set up in a good vibey area close to amneties.

Thx for your great review. Hope to see you back soon.