Tekweni Backpackers Hostel Reviews

169 Ninth Ave, Morningside, AF, 4001, Durban, South Africa

Enjoyed my stay in Durban and would stay here again, cool staff.

• 2nd Jul 2014

It was a very relaxed atmosphere with none of the pretentiousness of fancy hotels. I liked it!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Zimbabwe

No safes in rooms. I got back one afternoon from a great day at the beach and my day was spoilt by the fact that I had to move rooms and the staff had packed my stuff and misplaced my charger. Place was generally unclean. Good braii on Sunday and good location for clubs. About 30 min walk from beach. Did provide shuttle to airport for R80 which was easy.

Thanks for your review. Not our best review but we can see you did enjoy Tek's at the end of the day. It has appeared to be soured by mainly the one incident. You were scheduled to check out and you went out for the day with out extending your booking or notifying us of your intention to stay. We were busy and had a booking coming into that room so we were left with no option then to move your things. The missing charger is news to us. A misunderstanding it appears. Hope to see you again.

The maids do their best to keep the place clean, but they are of course not 24/7 at work. The average note for the cleanliness is due to messy guests who manage to flood the showers despite curtains and don't bring their mother to clean after them ... ;)

Thanks for the review. We do appeal for the guests to bring their moms along to clean up. Lol. We are a busy festive place and work hard on the cleanliness. It is not easy that is for sure. You rated us pretty good though all round so thanks for that and come back again.

I arrived late and they waited for me to get there, even though I had no way to tell them I was late. Had I arrived 15 minutes later, this review would likely be very negative. I was able to change rooms from a dorm to a single without problem at the last minute. This was good as I really needed the personal space after 36 hours of traveling. A fellow guest heard I needed a taxi and arranged one for me with someone he trusted, this was a nice gesture.

• 29th May 2014

Thanks for your good review. It looks like you arrived after we closed and left first thing the next day. If that is the case you didn't get to experience what we are really about and should come again. Nice review none the less. Just saying....

Great place to hang out or party in the Tekweni bar. Big kitchen available to cook. No lockers available but you can keep your valuables in their safe, however, this isn't accessible in the early morning once the bar / reception closes as there are only security working. Unreal location with tons of bars and restaurants on Florida Road.

Thanks for your great review and comments. Glad you enjoyed us and hope to see you again.

Tekweni Backpackers is a nice place to stay when you're in Durban for a few days. You are welcomed very friendly and there are barbecues on several days. Staff and backpackers there make you feel like you're part of the "family"

• 23rd Apr 2014