Tekweni Backpackers Hostel Reviews

169 Ninth Ave, Morningside, AF, 4001, Durban, South Africa

Very great place and location! The staff were friendly and helpful! We did two great tours with their recommendation and they were the best! The only things that could be improved would be having lockers in the rooms! They did have a large safe behind the desk to put a few valuables in, but it is always nice to be able to lock your bags up. There is also only one outlet in the room, for 6 people. It would be nice if they installed a power strip into the wall! Thanks for the great time in Durban!

It is a very nice hostel. Nice staff, good dorms and a nice pool and an area to sit outside but also a 'living room' with a television to chill inside. I enjoyed it a lot. They play loud music till late in the evening, but it didnt bother me.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The braai evenings and social vibe from everyone staying at Tekweni was really amazing. We had a great stay and will definitely be back again if we come to Durban again!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • South Africa

Fantastic. We do hope you make it back.

Enjoyed my stay in Durban and would stay here again, cool staff.

• 2nd Jul 2014

We enjoyed having you and really hope you do stay with us again!

It was a very relaxed atmosphere with none of the pretentiousness of fancy hotels. I liked it!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Wow. You get us. We love that! Hope to see you again.

No safes in rooms. I got back one afternoon from a great day at the beach and my day was spoilt by the fact that I had to move rooms and the staff had packed my stuff and misplaced my charger. Place was generally unclean. Good braii on Sunday and good location for clubs. About 30 min walk from beach. Did provide shuttle to airport for R80 which was easy.

Thanks for your review. Not our best review but we can see you did enjoy Tek's at the end of the day. It has appeared to be soured by mainly the one incident. You were scheduled to check out and you went out for the day with out extending your booking or notifying us of your intention to stay. We were busy and had a booking coming into that room so we were left with no option then to move your things. The missing charger is news to us. A misunderstanding it appears. Hope to see you again.