Tel Aviv Beachfront Hostel Reviews

Retsif Herbert Samuel 78, Tel Aviv, Israel

Good location however very noisy on the G/floor as music in the reception was loud. First night i stayed in a very smelly room without windows. I am a frequent traveller and toilet in the room was one of the dirtiest ive seen. I woke up at 3am as i couldnt stand the lack of cleanlin. On the following day i refused to stay there. Staff gave me another room. This one had a kind of balcony with a door that didnt close properly. So during the night there was a storm and it opened making me sick

Great location, right across from beach. Great rooftop lounge and huge balcony for dorm guests. Cleanliness is average at best same with staff. No facilities, more like a hotel with dorm rooms and a rooftop bar. Good wifi.

The location is just great since is just in front of the beach. Sometimes it got really noisy since my room was just next to the reception but the staff was always helpfull with all I needed. I would defenitly recomend this hostel.

Most amazing hostel and staff ever. I had a medical issue while in Tel Aviv and they helped me get to the hospital, checked up on me and even helped me find accommodation last minute when I had to stay longer under doctors orders. After travelling for a few months I just assumed all hostel staff were apathetic and unkind, not here, they are wonderful people. Location is amazing, hostel is well cleaned and the rooftop patio is a godsent. Would recommend nowhere else in Tel Aviv.

Great location! I had a few problems due to water in the room because of the rain but the staff was amazing and fixed the problem. Great value for money.

Located at the beach promenade you have direct access to the beach and it's also not far from Allenby St, which makes it an excellent starting point to explore the city. The rooms where tidy and you even have a fridge and a tv screen. The shared bathroom was ok, it was cleaned every day and looked tidy. Only the showers could use a little refurbishment and are not suited for tall people. I can fully recommend this place if you take a private room in the second floor :)

Very good location, very good conditions, very clean.

Perfect beach location. The staff is super helpful. Great place to stay and enjoy the amazing Tel Aviv beach.

This hostel is excellent value for TLV. It's not much of a party hostel, but at the end of my trip, that suited me fine. The staff are fantastic, I was in a room with a spectacular snorer. At about 3am I went downstairs to ask to change rooms and the staff were very considerate and accommodating. The shared bathrroms are a little cramped (especially if youre in the mixed dorm and need to change!). Breakfast is huge and delicious, location can't be beat.

The location of the hostel is amazing and it's got a really friendly, relaxed vibe. All the staff were helpful and welcoming and took time to offer advice on getting around in a large group, where to eat/drink etc. It's about a 30-40 minute easy walk from the hostel to Jaffa which is a million cultural miles from Tel Aviv and the best place to eat wonderful Palestinian food. If you need to stay in Tel Aviv then I'd highly recommend!

• 23rd Oct 2014

I would definitely stay here again. Staff was very friendly and most helpful. Location was superb and the decks off some of the rooms were a 5 star experience. Unfortunately, some guests chose to smoke in the shared washroom facilities. Otherwise, this was great value for money and one of the best kept secrets in Tel Aviv.

• 29th Sep 2014