Tel Aviv Beachfront Hostel Reviews

Retsif Herbert Samuel 78, Tel Aviv, Israel

This hostel is excellent value for TLV. It's not much of a party hostel, but at the end of my trip, that suited me fine. The staff are fantastic, I was in a room with a spectacular snorer. At about 3am I went downstairs to ask to change rooms and the staff were very considerate and accommodating. The shared bathrroms are a little cramped (especially if youre in the mixed dorm and need to change!). Breakfast is huge and delicious, location can't be beat.

The location of the hostel is amazing and it's got a really friendly, relaxed vibe. All the staff were helpful and welcoming and took time to offer advice on getting around in a large group, where to eat/drink etc. It's about a 30-40 minute easy walk from the hostel to Jaffa which is a million cultural miles from Tel Aviv and the best place to eat wonderful Palestinian food. If you need to stay in Tel Aviv then I'd highly recommend!

• 23rd Oct 2014

I would definitely stay here again. Staff was very friendly and most helpful. Location was superb and the decks off some of the rooms were a 5 star experience. Unfortunately, some guests chose to smoke in the shared washroom facilities. Otherwise, this was great value for money and one of the best kept secrets in Tel Aviv.

• 29th Sep 2014

Bathrooms are rough as and too small... There are three showers with no changing room you stand in the toilet hall way... If someone opens the entrance door people in the hall can see you in shower box.. woman's bathroom was the same... worst thing was alarm at 10:30 at night when we were asleep. No evacuation plan followed. Ended up to be leaking water down stairs was 2 hours before we could go back in and to bed. No compensation for the Hassel not good

Friendly staff. The hostel is not close from the old bus station (45 min walking), the train station or the old Jaffa city, but is well connected by public bus and you always have the taxi service from the hostel. The best of course is that it is located in front line to the beach and offers free beach towel every time. Small bathrooms but enough for a backpacker like me. Since I love the beach I would definitely stay here again!

his was better than I expected and I am sure we will be back

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The location is great being right next to the beach. The staff are all friendly and the terrace is great at night to relax with a beer, watch tele and see the sun go down. The dorms were a little cramped for five people and the bathrooms were a bit dirty, especially when people constantly coming off the beach. Overall a good stay and for the price, not much to complain about.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. They were clean, had air conditioning, warm water, and friendly staff. The location of the hostel was perfect and really easy to find from the airport/central bus station. The hostel was really neat and had a bar upstairs with beautiful views if the beach, I would definitely stay there again.

The bed's are clean and comfortable, staff is very nice, amazing location

friendly staff

• 27th May 2014

We simply LOVED this hostel! The location is GREAT, just next to the beach. You can rent towels at the reception and five minutes later you jump into the sea! I have stayed in other hostels in Tel Aviv before, but this was definitely the best. It doesn't offer breakfast, but that is really to neglect, because the Carmel Market is around the corner and the hostel has a great kitchen on the roof. By the way, the roof terrace is just gorgeous! So, over all, a really great place to stay!