Tel Aviv Beachfront Hostel Reviews

Retsif Herbert Samuel 78, Tel Aviv, Israel

I was here 2 nights, my bathroom flooded every time I showered - as in the water flooded so much that it seeped out under the bathroom floor and reached my bed, staff were good and got someone out to my room when I reported it the person half drilled a screw into the sower head and said it should be fixed, needless to say it still flooded and I spent my last two days on holiday cleaning my own room because of the flooding. On a positive note the breakfast at the restaurant nxt door is great.

The location is great! Bathroom--not so clean.

Excellent location, right on the beach, very friendly staff.

• 8th Jun 2015

I loved the location of this hostel, just on the beach! As other people while I visit, the place is cleaned, since every room get clean every day! Great job! The location on the beach, and the 30 minutes walk to Jaffa, and shorter walk to all the other things I wanted to see in Tel Aviv :) Next time I visit Tel Aviv, I would stay here again. We went with sherut no 16, which dropped us of near the Hostel, just 5 minutes or less walk from the Hostel. I like having beer at Mike's P.

Did´t get a chance to stay there, they canceled our reservation a week before. Watch out for a email that needs to be answered in 24h.

• 14th May 2015
  • Sweden

Great location and friendly staff. They did include towels both for showering and for the beach. They also arranged for a taxi during Shabath. My only complain was about the cleanliness. I recommend you to leave a message when you reserve about wanting a room with view to the sea.

Very nice team, rooms are really small, private for two at least, for such a high price The sea view is worst it Compared to neighboured hostels the high prices of the night make loose some travelers and atmosphere i think I really recommend the Hostel

• 3rd May 2015

great place right on the water with awesome breakfast discounts for next door.. like coffee drink, smoothie, bread and dips and salad anddd a main breakfast egg dish like omelet, scrambeled or shakshuka for 7 american dollars.. this hostel isnt good for lone travelers and they also dont make people above a certain age get their own room.. like as a 20 year old i think one of my roommates was my grandpas age which just seemed a little odd. there are lockers for laptops which is nice too!

We loved this hostel! Our group was only there for one night but we have no complaints. Our bedroom was clean and had a sink inside as well as a TV and small closet. The window of our room looked out directly at the beach :) The hostel is good walking distance to an open air market as well as many restaurants.

This is a cool place and I hope it will stay there for very much longer, since whenever I can I would always return there! Cleanliness in the common bathrooms could be better but was acceptable. A little drawback was, that i did not find any possibility to place clothes for changing on a table or suchlike in the bathroom - but well, this is backpacking... Can't say anything about single bedrooms because I stayed in a dorm.

• 18th Mar 2015

Good location however very noisy on the G/floor as music in the reception was loud. First night i stayed in a very smelly room without windows. I am a frequent traveller and toilet in the room was one of the dirtiest ive seen. I woke up at 3am as i couldnt stand the lack of cleanlin. On the following day i refused to stay there. Staff gave me another room. This one had a kind of balcony with a door that didnt close properly. So during the night there was a storm and it opened making me sick

Great location, right across from beach. Great rooftop lounge and huge balcony for dorm guests. Cleanliness is average at best same with staff. No facilities, more like a hotel with dorm rooms and a rooftop bar. Good wifi.

The location is just great since is just in front of the beach. Sometimes it got really noisy since my room was just next to the reception but the staff was always helpfull with all I needed. I would defenitly recomend this hostel.

Most amazing hostel and staff ever. I had a medical issue while in Tel Aviv and they helped me get to the hospital, checked up on me and even helped me find accommodation last minute when I had to stay longer under doctors orders. After travelling for a few months I just assumed all hostel staff were apathetic and unkind, not here, they are wonderful people. Location is amazing, hostel is well cleaned and the rooftop patio is a godsent. Would recommend nowhere else in Tel Aviv.