Telstar Hostels Reviews

Rua Capitao Cavalcanti, 177, Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Overall nice place was chilled and quiet which was what we needed. Staff were poor didn't communicate very well and didn't give us any helpful tips. For example the first night we asked where shall we go and eat he said there was nothing open because it was a public holiday so we got sandwiches from a supermarket we found and when we got back he was eating a take away pizza. Outside area where pool is could be made to look nice and smells a bit weird

• 8th Feb 2016

There was only one shower that worked and the rooms were so hot and without aircon. \ Fabio was awesome and showed me places to visit and there was free caiprinha =D

We only spend one night here. The staff was friendly but spend most of their time playing with the cat. The pool was a bit greasy but the outdoor area with the bar was cosy. For breakfast we got a delicious omelet, made just for us.

The Hostel is only a couple of minutes from the main road and 5 minutes from the metro. It is a quiet hostel, which is just what we were after with a nice common area and poolside tables next to the kitchen. The shower was up two flights of stairs from our room

This place is small and in a quiet, safe area, perfect for a chilled atmosphere away from the city. The metro in to the city is a 2 minute walk so accessibility is fine. Large lockers under beds are handy and the owner is cool and loves a chat. Decent breakfast but nothing special and the rooms could do with a more thorough clean but nothing too insulting

clean and very friendly staff. took us in for Christmas and made us feel like family. recommended for anyone that stays in sao Paulo

Definitely a work in progress. Place has potential but currently too many niggly things. Kitchen was not too well equipped with utensils, cutlery etc. Dorm room I was in was very cold, basically a converted garage. Some staff let the good ones down. A smile is all that'as needed sometimes. Natas - I forget the proper name - was a super friendly legend. Overall nothing bad but nothing great. Rating reflects the place.

Close to subway but not recommended at all. Not helpful staff. Breakfast short and very poor despite the 2 breakfast options on the web,which is the fact,1sandwich OR 1omelette.JUST ONE.NO BUFFET and you have to fight for every single thing with a very rude woman who runs the kitchen. The breakfast is from 8 to 10 but go at 8 because if you go at 9 the "kind" woman doen't give you anything and tell you:"Sorry, breakfast is at 8, the juice is over".The worst staff and breaksfast in whole Brazil.

One of the HOSTELs I ever been! just GREAT!

Nice and friendly staff, great breakfast, decent location. The toilets could have been more modern and the doors could have been possible to lock. Even though I liked the hostel very much - especially the staff opened up after å while. All in all great place to meet new people - and it is close to the subway and the Congonhas airport. Obrigado!

We arrived early but were checked in straight away and also given a breakfast, which was excellent and very much appreciated. Excellent location, only two minutes walk from the Metro which will take you anywhere in Sao Paulo. Good sized dorm with good sized locker for luggage and hostel kept very clean. Friendly staff, especially the owner, who had time to talk to us at breakfast and explain his vision for the place.

The staff is very friendly. They will help whatever they can. It is only few blocks from the Vila Mariana metro. Very safe. Good breakfast. has swimming. wifi is very strong in the whole building. it has a patio at the back near the swimming pool where you can chill out. It has a very good lounge area and 2 computers.

This place will make you love Sao Paulo. Great location (2 min walk to the metro), the coolest staff ever, and the only hostel I know of in SP with a swimming pool, and fun pool parties every weekend! Good breakfast, comfortable common area, and two guest computers. This is the only place I ever stay in Sao Paulo, and I'm really sad to be leaving.

Great pool, cool rooms, awesome locker system and in a good spot. Would recommend if you are visiting So Paulo!

Nice and cheap, just a little bit too much party sometimes.

I really enjoyed my stay there and I would definitely go back! The staff was super friendly and very helpful at any times. The hostel is located in a quite area right around the corner of a Metro station, in addition bars, supermarkets and shops are super close. Everybody has their own locker under the bed, which is really convenient. All the facilities were clean when I used them. They have loads of space to meet people, including two bars and a pool. In general the atmosphere was super nice!

Thank you Kerstin. It's so good to know that you enjoyed your stay. We all will miss you! Cheers!

I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff is there so friendly and helpful. Location was very nice, nearby Metro and 20 min walk distance from park. Pool was nice and small yard next to it. Every one has locker under bed, which was so huge, that all my stuff fitted there. First I was little scared, coz prize was so much cheaper than any else (with me New Year eve time), but when I went there I saw immediately it was better than many expensive hostels.

Fabio, the owner, runs the place like a home where everyone is welcome. I felt very welcome since the moment he came to pick me up from the airport. Hostel has great facilities, beds with big lockers for your stuff and clean bathrooms/ showers. The place is full of graffiti/ art/ cartoon stuff etc. They have a pool and a bar and throw awesome parties and BBQ's. The metro station is really close by. Basic breakfast.

The staff is surprisingly helpful, all of them. The location is very good and there is a lot of things arround. The first night walking arround might seem a little bit odd but eventually you will find out there is nothing to worry. I would invest a little bit more in the bathrooms. Good value for money.

I loved the hostel! The only problem was the outdoor bathroom, because was cold, but was just for to the cheap bedroom... I recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5