Tercero del Sur Reviews

Chile 368 San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Please stay elsewhere. Very dirty. Bathrooms look not cleaned in weeks, hair everywhere, no toilet paper. Dorms feel damp and moldy. Big hole in the floor next to my bed and cracks in walls. Only one plug for an entire 5-person dorm. I woke up with bites of unknown origins - mosquitoes don't leave close to 20 bites in one night. People smoke in the kitchen and terrace right outside the dorms, and it permeates. Staff seems to like to drink just as well as guests. Staff was indifferent at best.

This hostel's in a great location and most of the staff are super friendly, but we checked out immediately the next morning. The room was covered in mold and our sheets were damp. The entire room felt damp and I woke up with a few bites. Cool rooftop, ok breakfast, but the rooms are an open floor plan and you can hear anyone talking in the hostel. Cool spot, but couldn't risk getting sick from the mold and dampness not sure how this has a 92% rating...

Staff were lovely - that's my positive. Hostel is really loud at night, the kitchen is right outside the dorm rooms so it's very loud until 12am at least. You will not sleep pre 12:30/1am any night. The bathroom wasn't cleaned once in 4 days, and there was no lol roll for 3 days. There is no real communal area in the winter months, it's all outdoors. Location in San Telmo is very good. Right beside the Sunday San Telmo markets, but I wouldn't stay here for that. Or in fact ever again.

I loved this hostel! Amazing staff and location. I had a lot of fun at the bbqs!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Japan

all great!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

Great hostel! Definitely would recommend!

Good location. Great, very kind staff. Good general atmosphere. Superb rooftop terrace. But very dirty. There are cockroaches, and there was mold on the ceiling in my room. The lockers are made up thin wooden panels. Apart from that security is good with a guy at the desk 24/7

Muy buen hostel! Recommended!

• 15th Jan 2015

My stay at Tercero del Sur was fantastic, whenever I am in Buenos Aires again will will stay here. The staff was very helpful in all regards, they went well out of their way to accommodate me, and they invited me to share drinks and asados on the terrace. The location is right in the heart of San Telmo, right above several great restaurants/bars. The staff spoke good English which helped me a lot. For the price you can't beat it!

• 9th Dec 2014

Loved this hostel. Amazing breakfast and I had a blast at the rooftop terrace bbq!

• 9th Dec 2014

Great hostel, helpfull staff and amazing breakfast! Thanks for everything guys!

• 1st Dec 2014