Tercero del Sur Reviews

Chile 368 San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

My stay at Tercero del Sur was fantastic, whenever I am in Buenos Aires again will will stay here. The staff was very helpful in all regards, they went well out of their way to accommodate me, and they invited me to share drinks and asados on the terrace. The location is right in the heart of San Telmo, right above several great restaurants/bars. The staff spoke good English which helped me a lot. For the price you can't beat it!

• 9th Dec 2014

Loved this hostel. Amazing breakfast and I had a blast at the rooftop terrace bbq!

• 9th Dec 2014

Great hostel, helpfull staff and amazing breakfast! Thanks for everything guys!

• 1st Dec 2014

Hostel was full of roaches, rooms where dirty and showers were dirty and small. After 2 days of bad sleep I decided to leave! Wouldn't recommend this hostel at all! If you consider to stay here check the rooms and bathroom first!

The room we stayed in was filthy and had mold growing on the walls. The stairs up to our room was unstable. It took three days and numerous queries before the staff could tell us the price of a show that is advertised to sell in the hostel. The bathroom in the room was not cleaned one of the days we stayed. I woke up with bites. On the plus side, this hostel is in an excellent location and the buzzer system at the door is effective security. However, I would not recommend staying here.

Pro: good breakfast, towels, air conditioning. Cons: the hostel lacks maintenance, is moisture on the walls and some sewage problems. The room can not be locked.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

This hostel was absolutely gross! There was mold on the walls and the room was damp. There was no organization of the bed assignments and I never felt clean. There were holes in the walls and I felt like the stairs would break at any moment. The only good thing about the hostel was that they accept credit card and the location in San Telmo is right by the market.

An excellent hotel with hugely helpful staff - gave us an upgrade on the room for no extra charge, very willing to help out with organizing tickets and travel around and outside Buenos Aires. Location in San Telmo was brilliant for us - bit of a walk to the centre, but full of great restaurants and shops, felt very safe, lovely to come back to in the evening.

• 29th Oct 2014

I loved the terrace! And the location is awesome! Nothing to complain about really =)

The hostel was in a great location, very friendly staff and the rooms were great. I was travellling with my son and sister and couldnt have asked for much more. Thankyou for making our stay fantastic!!!

Amazing! Rich self service breakfast, bbqs in the rooftop terrace, great people working at the front desk. I'll be back in a few months.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Super helpful staff, and a lovely ambiance in the house

View all Buenos Aires Hostels