Terrazas del Inca Reviews

Calle Wiracocha M-18-4, Machu Picchu Pueblo, Machu Picchu, Peru

We LOVED our stay here!

• 7th Aug 2014

A bit expensive, but so is everything in Aguas Calientes. The Hotel is next to the river and easy to find, even without arranging for someone to meet you at the station. The staff spoke good English, the wifi was fast and the room both comfortable and well-furnished. They looked after my bags after I left at 4.30am to get to Manchu Picchu and I was allowed to sit around in the lobby and drink tea for as long as I liked after I returned. Comfortable and hassle-free experience.

An oasis in Aguas Calientes. Everything was perfect. We had great fun kidding around with Jorge--we appreciate him :)

• 19th Jul 2014

They didn´t accept our reservation. I have already made a claim to Hostel world. Thay sent us to another worse hotel.

Blocks away from the train station, about a 5 minute walk to the bus up to Machu Picchu, and located on the river canal. VERY clean and lots of hot water, TV and mini fridge in room. Breakfast was amazing! Free eggs, coffee, juice, granola/fruit/Yogurt cup, and rolls with jelly. Perfect meal for a long day hiking at Machu Picchu. Staff very friendly spoke English. Quiet, quaint atmosphere. Definitely recommend!!

Very clean and extremely helpful and friendly staff. Nelly is awesome!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

All in all a good experience. Friendly staff very helpful in directing me to climb Putucucy one afternoon. Very helpful in recommending Indio Feliz as a great restaurant for dinner.

• 11th Jun 2014

great staff,comfortable rooms great location. great price.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We left with a sour taste after having a pretty good stay. We spent two nights and had checked out waiting for our train when the front desk told us we would be responsible for a mug that was broken when I fell up the stairs bringing tea to our room. Nothing was mentioned at the time, but now apparently 'the owner'was requesting 15 soles for the broken mug! I refused to pay. It is unclear if the staff or non present owner was trying to pocket $$ on the side. Unfortunate last impression.

• 7th Jun 2014

They serve Breakfast starting at 430am and that is very important if you are trying to catch the first bus to MP. They also can provide a lunch for the hike, a very nice service. The room that we had was wonderful with tons of windows and a very comfortable bed. The best thing was the shower, it had a high pressure rainfall shower head. It was the best shower of the trip. The river is just outside and could be loud, but we found it peaceful. I would highly recommend this place.

This is a lovely little hotel and the staff are the best in all the hotels I stayed in, in Peru.

• 10th May 2014

I was pleased with my stay at Terazzas Del Inca. They picked me up at the train station and walked me to the hotel. I got checked in quickly. The hotel is right alongside a river and it can be heard very clearly, which I enjoyed. The Wifi was spotty but worked enough. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely reccomend this property to anyone looking to stay in Aguas Calientes.

• 7th May 2014

We didn't really sleep because our room, bathroom, and all of our bedding smelled like mold and mildew and we were worried we would get sick. The bathroom sink was not attached to the wall in a professionally plumbed way, which probably explained the abundance of moisture and mildew in the room. But, the staff was friendly, and there was breakfast at 4:30 (time to make sunrise at Machu Picchu) and we could store our bags for the day there.

• 25th Apr 2014

Great little hotel. Super friendly staff. Very nice room. Good breakfast. Highly recommended!

You can hear the sound of the river at night, for some people could be annoying but for me it was relaxing. Also the staff was very kind and the room was clean and comfortable.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

My only cons is that check out is at 9am, the front desk rep Nelly was more than what you could ask for. Breakfast is included in the rate and it was welcoming since we were heading to Machu Picchu in a few hours. They kept our bags even though check out was early. Its north of the town, just walk along the water/river heading North. Best stay, absolutely great location, i would recommend it to everyone.

We had an amazing stay. We were in contact with the B & B before the trip and they answered all our questions. We also decided the day we arrived to stay an extra night and they were great about it. Overall great stay and great place. Staff was really helpful.

• 13th Apr 2014

Excellent place to stay. Top service! The staff were so helpful. Organised tour guides for MP and organised lunch for us to take for the day. Highly recommend. Easy to find too. After u cross one of the many bridges from the train station you walk straight up the hill next to the river, and u will come to it.

Very cute, well-decorated bed and breakfast. After hiking the Inca Trail, it FEELS like a long walk from the bus up to Terrazas del Inca, but in reality it's not that bad. The place is a few short minutes from the town's main plaza and main strip of restaurants. We had a room with a double bed and two single beds and it was HUGE. The water in the shower was HOT and stayed HOT long enough for all three of us to shower, another plus after the Inca Trail. Great place!

View all Machu Picchu Bed and Breakfasts