Thailandwow Reviews

21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiangmai, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Thailandwow was a cool place to be. The people who run the place are really nice. They even hosted a bbq for us to celebrate songkran. BE AWARE googlemaps will try to send you west twenty minutes out of old city near the university... This is not where the hostel is. Its on sam lan rd soi 7 inside the old city. The top bunks dont have guard rails which worried me a little. And the locker we used was just a cabinet with a very basic locking mechanism, no place to add your own combo lock...

Awesome hostel with clean showers and dorms. It's in a great location close to lots of restaurants and shops. My only complaint is that the staff were quite unorganised and didn't seem to know what was going on with check-ins/outs. Other than that Thailandwow was lovely and I'd recommend it :-)

I stayed in Thailandpww and I would thoroughly recommend. Khai is a very friendly host, and tuned into what people will enjoy. I came to Chiang Mai because I heard there were some great cooking classes there. The one Khai suggested was fantastic and great value for money. I also enjoyed the day trip to Chiang Rai and the jungle trek he suggested. Khai is absolutely trustworthy, and the staff are so friendly. Great eggs and fruit shakes too! I'd go back in a heartbeat. Thanks Khai! Jimi

• 10th Mar 2014

Looks like they don't like Asian travelers ,not very well,I don't like here,most disappointed hostel in my two months journey

Great place. Great staff enough said!! :@)

• 19th Feb 2014

Great place - very clean and very friendly and helpful staff. In the old city but on a nice quiet street.

Great place to stay. Kai the owner is lovely and very very helpful ... Would definitely stay here again. X

• 10th Feb 2014

Great place to meet people

Great staff and atmosphere. Small, so easy to meet people but also quiet (except for the roosters). Nice setting but quite rustic and the bathrooms aren't great (e.g. non-flush toilets, a shard of mirror at the sink, which just drains into a bucket). About a 10 minute walk to town and 1 minute walk to the Circus School, where you can hang out in the evenings and meet lots of other travellers. Great value for money and nice free breakfasts in the morning.

The hostel lacked slightly in atmosphere, the showers could do with some work and the lockers were quite flimsy. However, Kai was excellent as a host and the tours he organised were great. More of a base to go out from than somewhere to stay in its own right.

Khai is a sweet person, although a quite chaotic and absent minded. Plusses: quite nice common area, no bunk beds in female dorm, in Old Town, serves breakfast for extra price. Minusses: No personal power plug or lamp, starting at 5/6 AM, you hear everybody using the bathroom and toilet in this house. There is only a small piece of wood between the female dorm and the toilets, so you hear EVERYTHING. Literally, everything. Lots of musquitoes, relatively expensive motorbike rental.

Khai (the hostel owner) was brilliant, he had loads of great advice on the best trips and what to try in the area (try the cooking class)! Although the hostel was slightly further away from the shops and bars than I would have originally liked, it was nice to be in a slightly quieter area & get some sleep. The main shops and bars were only a 10/15 minute walk away, with a great food market and 7/11 with ATM around the corner. The hostel was really clean and lockers with locks were provided.

I booked 3 nights, and ended up staying 6. It's a good place, the dorms are big, but are divided up with doors so it doesn't feel like there are more than about 8 people in any of them. Breakfast is good, and as cheap as you'l find anywhere nearby. Kai is lovely, really helpful and a lot of fun. The communal area is well laid out and well used, so it's easy to meet people. All round, a good place to be! Oh - only thing - the showers are sometimes warm, and sometimes not. It's a bit random.

The overall stay was quite nice. The women working in the hostel were great and really friendly. But the male working there I didn't like. He bullied us away when we didn't book a tour at the hostel (we found the same tour for 200 bath less, in 5 minutes walking from the place). He said we couldn't stay there because there were no beds available, but the internet said something else. BE AWARE OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The place is great, clean, good atmosphere, very good price and well located. The only suggest we have is that they need to trust in their guest a little bit more. You need to pay everything in advance and you can not do a checkout without give the locker key immediately. The written warnings at the wall are a bit aggressive. Even with this little point we had a great time there, because the place is very nice. We recommend! There are Mosquitos there and all around the city. Use DEET!

It was an alright experience. The atmosphere is really nice and has a lot of potential. The host was very exhausted and and little flustered all the time. My roomate had a infected from bug bites on her legs and when we returned the sheets he layed them out in from of everyone to prove we needed to pay extra for the stains. A little humiliating, but he was helpful at the same time. Our experience was different then others, but not to bad. I recommend for a hostel.

• 24th Jan 2014

thanks kai for a great stay! CM is beautiful and this is a great, friendly hostel, away from the noise in a quieter part of the old city, but only a short walk to the temples, food area and bars- a great pick!

• 20th Jan 2014

This place had a great social atmosphere!!

Amazing hostel, throughly enjoyed my stay there! Highlights were Kai the guesthouse manager and his staff, they were fantastic! Enjoyed some fantastic days out booked via Kia. If you stay in Chiang Mai you have to stay at ThailandWOW! All facilities are as expected with the added boost of great wifi!

• 7th Jan 2014

The owner of the Hostel Kai is really nice :) Helped us to set up our tours, even gave me a birthday discount on one tour :) I enjoyed staying at Thailandwow and would stay there again. Was a good time thanks Kai!

« first « Prev 1 2 3