Thailandwow Reviews

21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiangmai, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nice hostel, staff were helpful. Very close to transport. Not the most social hostel I've ever stayed in but if there's a group of you that probably wouldn't matter. Clean with good dorms. No complaints

Kai the owner/manager was awesome. He can help you book many tours. The location is in the old quarter in a more quite area which was perfect for me. Only 15 minutes away from the main drinking street.

Thank you very much for your comment and supports, have a great day

Khai really makes this place, I told him what I wanted to do and he help me organise eveything, I did he 2 night 3 day hiking trip and it's probbaky the highlight of my trip. Rooms are clean. It's a bit far from the main action but it's close to a lovely and cheap nightly food market, that had amazing food.

Khai (the owner) is such a good host and so helpful with everything. You will have no problems when staying here. You have to be ready to sleep close together with others though, compared with other hostels. The walls are also a bit thin so don't expect much privacy, but hey who cares.

Thank you very much for your supports and have a great day

Not a bad stay for a night, would definitely recommend staying here if you can't book at SpicyThai. Shower situation is not ideal as you have to shower downstairs and there's a bit of a lack of privacy. With that being said, you're backpacking in a hostel so get over it. Great value and the staff is helpful, rather clean, get an AC room.

Thank you very much for your comment , have a good day

I had a worst experience staying in this hostel. I am confidently telling this as I have already stayed in few other hostels in Chiang Mai .Used this hostel as a stopover as I was on my way back to Bangkok from Pai. I was asked to pay the whole amount (The amount I already paid for booking didnt get excluded). He runs a tourist centre with this hostel and he overcharge for everything. I paid 800bath for a bus and came to know through the bus company that it costs only 570bath. Don't get conned.

Thank you for your review but First we never charge our guests twice. We do charge only when you not show up the day you said you would arrive and we keep the room for you so that you have to pay. Cancellation please read term and condition before booking. Second we Never charge 800 Baht for the bus to bangkok unless they ask to VIP 24 seats which is not 800 B. either I don't know where you get this number from. We have booking fee for buses and train and that you have to agree before we book it

One of the best hostels I been to very helpful I would recommend to anyone staying in Chang Mai.

• 12th Nov 2014

Thank you so much for your comment and supports, have a good day

Really nice place, Khai the owner is so friendly! inside the old city - Bathroom is a little bit small

Thank you very much for your comment and supports, have a good day

Pros: Nice staff (quirky), chill atmosphere, nice neighbourhood. Cons: Private room is a room inside a dorm. A fresh coat of paint would make it feel cleaner. Did not like having to put on/take off sheets (odd). Communal showers are in a public hallway. Dorms can be ok or pretty bad. Value for money not great, would not stay here again, there are better places in Chiang Mai for much less$$. This was our 3rd hostel in 10 days and it was not our favorite.

Thank you for your comment, have a good day

Thailandwow is in an excellent location. The owner is so caring towards all the guests. Next time I'm in Chiang Mai I would stay there.

Thank you very much for your reviews and supports, have a good day

Khai and his hostel are great and I can recommand it to everybody. Khai is such a nice guy and will help you with all your requests about visiting and your journey! The atmosphere here is amazing and I felt like having found a family, thanks to everybody! The hostel is in the old city and you can go by feet almost everywhere. And just arround the corner there are so e nice street-food places to try out. Thank you Khai to made my stay so well and much more longer than planed.

Thank you very much for staying with us we are happy to have you here. Come back again next time

The room set up is annoying, have to go through one dorm to get to another. Not enough sockets in the room. The hostel has a run down feel to it and i only stayed here as there was nothing else available during the latern festival. Its located withon d moate where everything goes on but not alot of other things going for it

Thank you for your comment we will improve more to match your needs

Really good atmosphere, very easy to mingle and meet people if you want to. Not a brilliant location at least 15 mins from the main part of town and further from some of the markets but it's a nice walk and the quiet location meant that sleep wasn't a problem! The owner went out of his way to help out and I noticed him a number of times during my stay put in effort to help out people who turned up last minute.

I love the hostel :) Kai the owner help you with everything you need and he is such a nice guy :) Clean, safe and good location

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Chile

Kia is by far the sweetest hostel owner in chiang mai NOTHING is too much we booked all our trips through him! The hostel is socialising central with such a chilled out vibe would definitely recommend for all backpackers!

Very average bedrooms with no lock on the door of the dorm. We were provided lockers but they were outside of the dorm which was awkward sometimes. The staff were not that warm and a bit disorganised. The common area is very comfortable and spacious. Everything was clean. Not a bad place... But for the same price you can get somewhere better.

Kai is class for helping you out. Booked our trips for big game fishing and elephant retirement home, hassle free for us. Dorms are nice and clean and the scrambled egg is class

We enjoyed our four nights at this hostel in a twin private room. Kai was there for any questions we needed answering and he always remembered our names, which was a nice touch. The location was perfectt for the night markets and a 7/11 is just a few minutes walk away.

3 girls stayed here, safe, good chilled out atmosphere,great breakfast a d great deals on tours. khai is the owner and he really cares for his guests. Fantastic

Thank you very much for your comments and have a great day

There are something the owner can improve, which are: 1. The signage or the indicator card to the hostel are a little bit too small at the entrance of the road and the words actually faded. Suggest you can make a few which are bigger and not in handwritten, it'd be easier for people to see it. 2. Recommend you to put a board saying that "Thailandwow, we are here", because I had missed it for a few times. 3. Don't be too shy to speak English, this is for the helpers in the hostel. :)

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you very much for your comment and have a good day