Thailandwow

• agrimshaw3
  • England, Male, 18-24
7th Aug 2017
7.7

Very welcoming host in a quiet area, the social area is really nice and laid back. However on checkout the host was not around and had my passport which led to a bit of panic. Would still recommend

• neleboettger8345
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2017

Khai (the owner) is amazing. He makes you feel welcome from the very first moment. He helps you wherever possible, gives special offers and recommendations for trips, takes your clothes to be washed and if you're lucky he even cooks. It's so delicious. The room we stayed in was the eleven bed dorm, the room and bed was clean as well as the bathrooms. The staff is friendly and you can get breakfast right at the hostel. The atmosphere in the common area was great too. We had an amazing time here!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
26th Jul 2017

I had a great stay at Thailandwow even though there weren't many guests because of off season. Khai, the host, was very caring and helped me book a jungle trekking trip as well as my trip to Pai. He made sure I'd get the best prices and managed to get me in the trekking trip even though it was on short notice. The day I got back, he prepared a delicious family meal for everyone with one of his family recipes. I can only recommend staying there.

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
7.7

The hostel was very quiet when we stayed here, at one point we were the only people there. The hostel its self was good and staff were really helpful and friendly, gave great recommendations for food, things to do and booked our bus to Pai. Lockers downstairs to keep valuables in. Good hostel if you have lots of things planned, but from our experience not one for parties and socialising.

• Denmark, Couple, 25-30
13th Jul 2017

We chose to stay 5 nights at this hostel due to all the good reviews. And it really was a perfect stay for us - most of all due to the welcoming, friendly and helpful owner/manager. He made this a special experience that we wouldn't have been without. He helped with organizing trips, food/shopping recommendations and also made two family dinners for all hostel guests while we were there - and he is an amazing cook! The facilities are rather simple, but clean. The atmosphere is perfect!

• juliettegarreau6890
  • France, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

This hostel was very helpful in our trip, by planning and doing the reservation for a whole week of transportation and activities. Kai is a kind man and I loved sharing a meal with him and the other guests. (you cook very well !!) Everything is clean and secure. Thank you for your hospitality.

2nd Jul 2017

The owner Kai is very nice. At first, I thought his mannerisms were odd but he helped me book all my taxis, tours, scooter rentals and was helpful and kind overall. The vibe is laid back, hippy like. Breakfast is great (75bht only). Clean. Bathrooms are a bit odd; I didn't care much for them. Do not stay in the 11 person room without A/c! Only stay in a/c room because of layout! The 11 person room is noisey coz all other rooms connect to it. Location is a bit far from other tourist areas.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

I had a wonderful time in Chiang Mai, and really enjoyed my stay at ThailandWow. Khai is a fantastic host, and goes above and beyond to ensure guests have a great stay. The hostel is a short walk to the daily night market, although with such high quality food being served in their cafe, you could happily just stay at the hostel the whole time if you wanted to. Good common area to mingle with other travelers, as well as spacious and clean dorms make Thailandwow a one of a kind hostel!

3rd Jun 2017

Great hostel with very affordable prices. All members of the staff are friendly, smiling and authentic. The atmosphere was good. There's a few breakfast options for around 1,5 Euro. The owner of the hostel is very committed to deliver the best experience for his guests. Some reviews mention issues with the temperature or beds. Traveling in Thailand you should not have crazy expectations for this price. It's a hot country. Personally I slept well with the fans. Location is great.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th May 2017

The staff that run the hostel are so great. The main guy is so friendly and goes out of his way to be helpful and help you plan your trip! It has a bit of a hippy vibe to it, there are hammock to hangout in, and a cool area you sit on pillows where you can chill out with new friends. It's close enough to walk to the market/attractions easily. At first I was worried because the ally/street looked sketch, but I quickly discovered it was a nice neighbourhood and very lively.