Thailandwow Reviews

21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiangmai, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The hostel owner khai was so friendly and made our stay so good!! The atmosphere in the hostel was really good, khai made sure that the noise was kept to a minimum! The rooms were a decent size! It didn't have a pool which we wanted but there was a pool literally around the corner which we could use!! The fruit salad was amazing, the best we've had in Thailand!! 😃

Very nice hostel with a great atmosphere, and a super friendly owner!

I stayed in a mixed dorm with a fan - the dorm was incredibly cramped! The room itself was more of a corridor. In order to for guests to get to the air con room they had to walk through the fan room. They layout was not ideal. The lockers were also quite small and I could not fit my pack inside. The owner was very very friendly and helpful when it came to booking my trip to the elephant sanctuary and the cooking class.

Cleanest hostel in all of Chang Mai! I love the new sheets that are in plastic bags. Beds could be a bit more comfortable but overall great hostel!

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

The owner Kai is very helpful and really try to make your stay memorable. Finding the hostel is a bit tricky for cabdrivers so make sure you have a description on how to get there when you arrive. The street of the hostel is very calm and the breakfast they serve is splendid. Only real down point is the security. While there, some guests got their clothes stolen from the drying rack. Also, the beds are pretty unstable and make a lot of noise during the night if you intend to move around.

Very basic facilities, but everything you need. Fruit salad and scrambled eggs for brekkie were amazing!! Very hard beds, Southeast Asian style. Paper-thin walls, but in a quiet spot anyway. They prefer if you book all of your tours and activities through them as it is how they make some extra money - they will also give you better service this way. We didn't, and he didn't seem too happy about it. Host is very helpful though.

One of the best places I stayed on my trip. Lovely outdoor hangout space, and Khai is so friendly and helpful!

We had a really great time at thailandwow, we stayed for 4 nights and Khai, the owner, was the most welcoming and helpful host I've ever experienced. He even picked up our laundry for us when we were at the elephant park and couldn't get back in time. All the staff were really friendly and the hostel has a lovely hang out area and does great breakfasts. Definitely recommend.

• 6th Jan 2015

Great location, in a quiet narrow lane.

Didn't actually stay here because the owner told some previous guests that they could extend their stay...despite the fact that we had booked in advance. Not impressed that we were not notified of the mistake until we showed up, and had to pay for a tuk tuk to the hostel and further expenses to find a new hostel.

This hostel was an experience. Great atmosphere, good hang out area. Facilities are pretty bare bones but the price is right. Decent breakfast. Khai (the guy running the place) is quite a character, and I mean that in a good way. Always accommodating if sometimes on his own time, but somehow it all works out. Also he put together a GREAT New Year's Eve BBQ party... With the releasing of lanterns. :)

Although Khai seems friendly

• 25th Dec 2014

We loved our stay here and actually plan to come back after Pai! It's a little chilly at night even though it's pretty warm in the day so bundle up before bed, I would recommend the room with air con capabilities because it's much warmer. Also when go out at night you should bring the exact address of the hostel because it's easy to get lost and most Tuk Tuk drivers don't know it. Kai was amazing he made sure all your needs were met and More !

Very good hostel in the historical part of Chiang Mai. Cleaned room, helpful and friendly staff. Recommended.

Out of the hostels that I have stayed at, Thailandwow was the most "homey" feeling. There is a great place to lounge and it isn't overly big. The owner is also very friendly and took a lot of his time to search for last minute train and bus tickets for us. We enjoyed our stay and returned back to this hostel later in our journey!

Very nice staff. There might be better facilities somewhere, but the price value is unbeatable. And the staff is very helpful and friendly! ;-)

• 16th Dec 2014

The staff were very helpful and attentive, they were very useful when it came to giving advise on good locations to visit, local customs, where to eat and how to get around town. The Hostel was clean and Khai the manager was amazing.

• 14th Dec 2014

Khai is one of the best accommodation owners in Thailand. He greets all his guests by name, makes sure they know their way around Chiangmai before they leave the front desk, and will engage you in conversation if you look lonely. The guest house is well-maintained, clean, and in a quieter part of town, all aspects that made my stay very comfortable. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Nice hostel, staff were helpful. Very close to transport. Not the most social hostel I've ever stayed in but if there's a group of you that probably wouldn't matter. Clean with good dorms. No complaints

Kai the owner/manager was awesome. He can help you book many tours. The location is in the old quarter in a more quite area which was perfect for me. Only 15 minutes away from the main drinking street.

Thank you very much for your comment and supports, have a great day

« first « Prev 1 2 3