8.5
Fabulous 565 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 565 Total Reviews
Thailandwow Located at 21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai 50200 21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing
85% 565
18.7827762 98.9840054
    Rooms available

• brendan95
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
27th Sep 2016

Thailandwow is the best hostel I've stayed in so far! Really chilled out with a great atmosphere in the common area. I found it really easy to make friends during my stay there! The real gem of this place is Khai. He's extremely helpful and nice. Anything you want to do in chiang mai or the surrounding area he will help you out! Whether it's getting a scooter, going to the elephant sanctuary, going trekking, just ask Khai. Much love from Canada!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
19th Sep 2016

So in love with everything/everyone at this hostel. Kai is amazing with helping everyone out with booking excursions and bikes. Gave us free breakfast and an up grade to the ac room for free just for booking through him. Such a great place

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
18th Sep 2016

How amazing is Khai! What a great host and amazing help getting us around town and letting us know about all the different things to do and see. Everyone in the hostel was fun and outgoing and made friends right away. The showers are not locked though so trust your neighbours! Just a curtain and walls to separate you. Didn't have an issue with it though. But could see it bothering some people. We stayed in the room with ac which is a good choice for those who can't handle the heat at night.

9th Sep 2016

Had a great stay here. Walking distance to the market and temples. Fan dorm is really good value. Staff can help you arrange transport and book tours. Got a free night and free breakfast for booking a tour, fair warning though that staff are less kind if you want to stay awhile and don't book and tours through the hostel. Overall would recommend

• Poland, Male, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

Very nice place to stay, around 20 mins walk to pubs and the city centre

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2016

Great value for money! The owner, Khai, is very helpful and friendly. Good location, good social area to meet other travellers. Highly recommended for travellers on a budget looking to meet like-minded people

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Aug 2016

I loved this hostel! Khai who owns it is really helpful and a great guy! I met some brilliant people :) plus the hostel was in an amazing location, a short walk from the cheap and gorgeous food markets of Chiang Mai gate! Some people didn't like the shower facilities as they were curtains but I felt totally safe using them and had NO issues! I loved this place!

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Aug 2016

I loved my stay at Thailandwow! Khai is an amazing owner and sorted everything I needed out for me no problem including transfers to Pai. Made friends in the downstairs area within half an hour, very sociable hostel with many solo travellers like me! Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. Fan air con room was enough for a comfy nights sleep. Food is good in the lobby. The entire hostel is padlocked on an evening with code entry so very safe. Location good.. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
24th Aug 2016
8.0

For the price this is a great hostel. Good location for getting to the markets and bars etc. and the staff are helpfully so it's easy to book trips, trains and buses. The rooms are basic and the showers weren't great but overall I had a nice stay.

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Aug 2016
3.7

Hostel not very secure. Was made to leave my stuff downstairs for ages and hostel owner said he'd look out for it. Actually someone broke into my locked suitcase and some things were stolen. Another girl complained her room lock went missing, meaning she'd miss out on her deposit. Curtain showers only, didn't feel safe as anyone can pull back the curtain. Hostel owner pressured people into taking slightly overpriced tours in exchange for a room. It lowered the atmosphere.

Thank you for your comment but let me explain at the lockers and back pack area therei are2 CC TV cameras online 24 hours when you claimed that you have something stolen why did not you tell us we have no idea and we could have helped you to find out if thing like this happen which is we run hostel over 4 years no lost and stolen such an issue before and another girl who lost the lock we gave her is it not fair that she pay for it ?as the deposit is only 100 B. Anyway the price for the tour is reasonable if the leaflet said 2,500 we have never go above and also discount for some progras we follow up and be yourside when come to face problems i apologise if i offered less than you expect you booked for fan room I upgraded you to stay in the aircon room for the same price as fan room sorry if i could not do enough for you