Thailandwow Reviews

21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiangmai, Chiang Mai, Thailand

We stayed in Thailandwow for almost a week and we loved it. It felt like home and the staff is so friendly. Khai takes care of everything, from taking time to welcome you personally to book anything you want. We met really nice people. If I go back in Chiang Mai I'll go back there. Thank you for the amazing stay !!

I stayed for 3 nights and loved it. Khai is amazing and so keen to help with everything. Showers are hot. Beds are comfy. Common room is friendly. And the food is good too. Can't wait to come back!!!!!

I would not recomend this place. Yes it's cheap but for £1 more you can get a lot more for your money! It's fairly clean but the dorms let it down, you have to walk though a 20 bed dorm to get to the 10 bed dorm, not good when you have to wake up early and end up waking all 20 people up!! The owner is helpful but he's the only one that speaks English so when you've got 30 plus people trying to check out/in, book day trips etc its takes forever and he gets grumpy!!

Loved my stay here. Owner is very nice and so helpfully. Whatever you need he would do his best to help you. Highly recommended.

Had a very pleasant stay in this hostel, booked only 1 night in advance, stayed 5! Special thanks to Kai, the owner, who is very friendly and helpful! :D

• 11th Feb 2015

The place was nice, really great communal area in the front with areas for laying down, big tables, a cool swing. Rooms were clean enough, about average. Overall good experience. Lots of white people.

• 8th Feb 2015

This is a fairly basic hostel, but I like that sometimes. Wifi is pretty reliable. Kai, as everyone has said, is very helpful, though I think he works himself a bit too hard. He's fun to chat with over a beer if he stays after hours, but during the day he never seems to catch a break. Do note, the lockers aren't too large, and the rooms are not locked (at least in the building I was in - the hostel consists of 3 different buildings). Not a big deal to me, but some may find that a turn-off.

Stayed at Twow when I came through Chiang Mai and was more than pleased to note that nothing has changed (though Khai could use a bit more rest on occasion!). I love staying at this hostel as it's great for meeting people and finding things to do, or also just lounging around all day. If I ever come back to Chiang Mai for a third time, I know where I'll be staying.

Staff are friendly/sweet. Fun lounge area--people sitting around talking. Buildings have character, basic but nice. Girls dorm was great. But "private" (2 person) room is a disappointment. No mirror in entire building. Trash only taken out every few days, so with several people in bldg became a bit gross. Very noisy for a residential area. Great value for price, but could use some very simple improvements. Also, always a long wait to speak to owner. Other staff not trained to help with much.

Lovely staff, always really happy to help! The bathroom could be better - the girls' shower was always cold.

Khai is as warm and gracious as he is a prudent and well organized manager. You can depend on Khai to find you a fair price on virtually anything you should wish to do during your stay in Chiang Mai's premier city of the northern province--as gateway and hub to all around. His hostel is located just off of the main thouroughfairs within the 600 year 'old city' walls. If you wish a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, then Thailandwow will suit you well. Khai takes pride in his work and it shows.

The hostel owner khai was so friendly and made our stay so good!! The atmosphere in the hostel was really good, khai made sure that the noise was kept to a minimum! The rooms were a decent size! It didn't have a pool which we wanted but there was a pool literally around the corner which we could use!! The fruit salad was amazing, the best we've had in Thailand!! 😃

Very nice hostel with a great atmosphere, and a super friendly owner!

Favourite hostel of my trip so far the owner made you feel right had home and was extremely helpful.

I stayed in a mixed dorm with a fan - the dorm was incredibly cramped! The room itself was more of a corridor. In order to for guests to get to the air con room they had to walk through the fan room. They layout was not ideal. The lockers were also quite small and I could not fit my pack inside. The owner was very very friendly and helpful when it came to booking my trip to the elephant sanctuary and the cooking class.

Cleanest hostel in all of Chang Mai! I love the new sheets that are in plastic bags. Beds could be a bit more comfortable but overall great hostel!

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

The owner Kai is very helpful and really try to make your stay memorable. Finding the hostel is a bit tricky for cabdrivers so make sure you have a description on how to get there when you arrive. The street of the hostel is very calm and the breakfast they serve is splendid. Only real down point is the security. While there, some guests got their clothes stolen from the drying rack. Also, the beds are pretty unstable and make a lot of noise during the night if you intend to move around.

Very basic facilities, but everything you need. Fruit salad and scrambled eggs for brekkie were amazing!! Very hard beds, Southeast Asian style. Paper-thin walls, but in a quiet spot anyway. They prefer if you book all of your tours and activities through them as it is how they make some extra money - they will also give you better service this way. We didn't, and he didn't seem too happy about it. Host is very helpful though.

One of the best places I stayed on my trip. Lovely outdoor hangout space, and Khai is so friendly and helpful!

We had a really great time at thailandwow, we stayed for 4 nights and Khai, the owner, was the most welcoming and helpful host I've ever experienced. He even picked up our laundry for us when we were at the elephant park and couldn't get back in time. All the staff were really friendly and the hostel has a lovely hang out area and does great breakfasts. Definitely recommend.

• 6th Jan 2015