Thailandwow Reviews

21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The manager of this establishment is overbearing and down right rude if you don't book day trips with him. The other staff are lovely and make a great breakfast but i tried to avoid being around the manager. I am also not impressed with the stupid games being played with the hot water in the showers. I had to practically demand hot water in a towel before the situation was rectified.

• 22nd Jan 2016

I loved my stay here! Kai was super helpful with everything and all the tours/places he recommended were great. The communal area is really social and as a solo traveller, I met lots of great people there every day. The bunks were a little squeaky and moved a bit, but it never kept me up. I'd definitely recommend!

Very helpful! Fixes all the things you would like to do or explore! Location was very good

Hostel had a chilled vibe common area. The beds were rock solid and beds squeaky af. Beds also not very stable. No personal power points or lights. Only three showers for the whole hostel. But good location for Saturday night markets.

• 15th Jan 2016

Is a nice hostel situationed about a 5-10 walk to main strip. The rooms are basic but clean. There are also two bathrooms one has the better (warm water) shower. Overall a good stay and value. The owne is really nice r however can be patronizing when booking excursions and asking questions which made me and my friend feel really awkward. I would suggest booking day trips or further travel wth other agencies in the town as I would trust these more.

Basic but clean hostel. Great breakfast, shakes and communal area. Though be aware that you have to book tours over the hostel if you want to stay longer.

Fantastic hostel! Especially for solo/social travellers who are looking for a place to meet other travellers. The staf is very helpful and thoughtful, always genuinly interested in their guests. Wonderful bohemian style common area where you can chat with the other guests or read a book by yourself. Definitely recommended!

• 11th Jan 2016
  • sonwNL

Only two toilets for a place holding over 30 people. All the other comments about the receptionist being extremely pushy with tours is true. Many better places to stay in Chiang Mai for the same price.

I had a good time in this hostel! Really chill common area which is good for meeting people. I thought the facilities were ok. Kai is very kind and will help you with anything.

Khai is really welcoming and is so helpful when it comes to organising what you want to do in Chiang Mai and gives you tips on all the local things to do like the night markets food markets and walking markets. Atmosphere is really chilled and a good place to meet other travellers.

This hostel was brilliant. The owner is so hard working and goes out of his way to help you which really made a difference to our overall experience in Chiang mai. The communal area was nice and comfy and the food good. The rooms were okay all the rooms are pretty much connected but we didn't have any real problems with this. We booked all our tours through the hostel which made life easier too. Oh and he showers were hot!!

good hostel - I would recommend. As a solo traveller I found this place very friendly and welcoming, lots of really nice people, perfect for making friends! The hostel has a nice lounge area to chill out. Only negative was, the rooms are very basic, the air con was SO cold (you'll need to layer up!!) and the owner is lovely but pushy on making sales on trips.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • British Virgin Islands

The place was definitely no-no place.. Couldn't fall asleep cuz of motor bike sound on the road. Not cozy place and dirty.

Cozy, calming, very friendly and perfectly social. This place has such a warm environment and genuinely friendly staff which attracts the same characteristics in it's guests. It immediately makes you feel at home. The common area has a very cool bohemian atmosphere where people relax, socialize and eat...very easy to make friends. It's a short walk to the night food market and the staff are very knowledgeable of the local activities and day trip options. MUST do the ethical elephant care trip!

The hostel hadna small but nice comual area, it was clean and the staff were helpful. We stayed in a private room and got given a choice of two rooms but noticed that the same key worked for both rooms which was a little worrying..

Hostel is ok. It's in the old city and close all needed shops and facilities. Atmosphere is good, with a nice lounge area to chill with fellow backpackers. Staff is nice, but very pushy when contracting tours with them. They even got disappointed to me when they knew I booked a tour with someone else. They literally told me they where doing me a favor by providing me 'hosting' and wanted favors back. Facilities could improve a bit just by adding small details like soap and shampoo in the showers

I stayed two nights in this hostel. I liked especially the terrace at the entrance. This common place encourage socializing with fellow travellers. This hostel is in a somewhat quite part of the old town. I loved that fact. A few houses down, there's a grandma cooking rice with vegetable for the thai neighborhood. You get a meal for 30baht at hers.

I've been traveling for over a month around SE Asia and this is the best place I've stay. Spend Christmas over there and khai (owner) cooked a massive dinner (vegetarian option included) for over 10 people, very very kind of him. Not a party hostel but with a very nice common area to meet people. Definitely a great option to stay

So glad with my decision to stay here! Lots of solo travellers so super easy to make friends. Khai is an amazing host and is so helpful with booking/arranging things for you and will actully try and help you get a good deal! Bathrooms are clean, wifi is good, beds are decent but crammed (couldnt sit up straight on bottom bunk). Really close to night food market and Saturday/sunday market.

I absolutely loved staying here, and even extended my stay. The staff were incredible and I will stay here in a heart beat. They organized something special for Christmas, and helped everyone with our tours, bus tickets, tuk tuks, taxis, and went over and beyond with everything. Thank you for everything