Thailandwow Reviews

21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiangmai, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Cozy place with helpful and friendly staff. Love their mango shakes. :)

Had a fantastic stay at Thailand wow. Khai who runs the place is incredibly helpful and a pleasure to stay with. If I ever wanted to book stuff he was completely on top of it. The common area is good and the hostel is a medium size so you pretty much get to know everyone staying there. Made a lot of great friends here.

Really great owner/manager who was always looking to help out as much as possible just a genuine human being. The location is not the best if you are looking for a "party" hostel but it was in the old part of town, easy to the temples, and great people none the less.

Great hostel! Kai is amazing and willing to help with anything and everything you need. It's a really nice, chill atmosphere and definitely easy to meet people. Nice outdoor common area. The breakfast is great (get the fruit with cornflakes and yogurt!), showers and bathrooms are pretty clean, even the room without ac is fine to sleep in (more people in the ac room though), and the area is quiet but within an easy walk to anywhere you want to go. Stay at thailandwow!

Kai, you were amazing, we cannot thank you enough for everything that you did for us! With love, Lottie, Georgy and Annie X

Thank you Lottie, Georgy and Annie for your support and have a good time here, have a good day

Thailandwow was a very nice hostel for a traveler on a budget. The bed was comfortable, the toilets/showers/rooms very clean. The staff are all so kind and helpful. The hostel manager, Kai, as Im sure you have read from other post,is a wonderful host. Also, the location is right between the saturday and sunday markets, and there are heaps of restaurants and cafes all around. A very nice place to stay with a relax atmosphere.

Thank you very much for your review and support, hope you have a great time on your holiday and safe journey, have a good day

Sometimes the places you stay enhance the quality of your experience. Thailandwow is one of the main reasons why I had an amazing trip and loved Chiang Mai. Khai is an amazing and caring human. He will help you in anyway possible, offers fair prices for activities and cares to learn about your stories. I will miss this place so much!

• 18th Jun 2014

Thank you for staying with us and support, hope to see you back here again, have a good day

If I could add double excellent for the staff, i most definitely would! They are amazing! They help you find whatever you wan tto do in your budget! I even had an interview in my stay there and Khai was generous enough to offer me his office. Amazing people, amazing hostel. I would totally recommend it to my friends!!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Dominican Republic

Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you again, have a good day

Thailand wow is a great hostel, it is in an area where you you can walk to all the temples in Chiangmai old town and the nightlife is walkable as well. Hiring a scooter definatly is a good option as the night market and some of the other attractions are a little further away. The common area is a great place to meet people and this hostel has a really cool vibe. Khai the owner couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly and booking tours and finding info about chiang mai from him was a breeze

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you very much for your support and hope to see you again, have a good day

Thanks again for an awesome stay Khai! I really enjoyed staying at the guesthouse and seeing Chiang Mai :) Patrick from Canada

• 12th May 2014

Thank you very much Patrick for your support and hope to see you back one day, have a good day

The facilities are nothing to write home about, but this might have been the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed. Khai is the man and super, super helpful! This hostel really should be more popular than it is.

Staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. They recommended an elephant tour with Panda tours. Thinking it was going to be an average tour- it was absolutely amazing. The company treats their elephants very well, Isuzu a wonderful experience. The hostel is a little far away from the nightlife- and required taking taxis. Beds were alright, and the bathrooms were a little dirty. But essentially what you pay for.

You really will get what you pay for here. . I had a single occupancy room upstairs but it was incredibly hot, and there are holes in the walls and floor so absolutely no insulation.There was one fan and hardly kept the place liveable during the day If you're on a budget and want to meet young travellers, this is a good place; however, I think it's worth the extra 350 baht to be comfortable.

• 25th Apr 2014

Met some great people here (we all went up to Pai together)and Khai was amazing.

A chilled out social atmosphere and the manager Khai made my stay at Thailandwow enjoyable. The place is a little quirky... its a bit far from town, the dorm room I was in was quite small and the bunks queaky. Theres a few showers downstairs and one outside. Notably it isnt the best hostel facilites wise but its good value if you dont mind basic accomodation. But the outdoor social area is great for meeting people, and Khai is a wonderful host.

We were very poorly attended at this hostel. No one was in the reception in the times written in the wall, we only had our room after going three times in the front door and the staff were drunk and tried to lock our passport in drawer.

Exercise me Mam check in is available from 12:00pm to 7pm if you come before or after you may have to wait as we mention on things to note and opening hour we let you in before 12pm only when the the room is free other wise have to wait for cleaning before you get in. We have 3 staffs at the house. we do not allow to drink at our opening hour 7am to 7 pm sorry if you are treated that bad. We only keep your passport when you Chec in and we did not take money then give it back when you paid

Kai is so helpfuly, I was lucky to arrive there when Songkran and New Year, Kai showed us the festival and culture, I met some really nice people there, it was a great stay, I would recommend it to anyone who come to Chiangmai!!

Thailandwow was a cool place to be. The people who run the place are really nice. They even hosted a bbq for us to celebrate songkran. BE AWARE googlemaps will try to send you west twenty minutes out of old city near the university... This is not where the hostel is. Its on sam lan rd soi 7 inside the old city. The top bunks dont have guard rails which worried me a little. And the locker we used was just a cabinet with a very basic locking mechanism, no place to add your own combo lock...

Awesome hostel with clean showers and dorms. It's in a great location close to lots of restaurants and shops. My only complaint is that the staff were quite unorganised and didn't seem to know what was going on with check-ins/outs. Other than that Thailandwow was lovely and I'd recommend it :-)

I stayed in Thailandpww and I would thoroughly recommend. Khai is a very friendly host, and tuned into what people will enjoy. I came to Chiang Mai because I heard there were some great cooking classes there. The one Khai suggested was fantastic and great value for money. I also enjoyed the day trip to Chiang Rai and the jungle trek he suggested. Khai is absolutely trustworthy, and the staff are so friendly. Great eggs and fruit shakes too! I'd go back in a heartbeat. Thanks Khai! Jimi

• 10th Mar 2014