Thailandwow Reviews

21/1 Samlan Road, Lane 7, Prasing, Chiangmai, Chiang Mai, Thailand

We enjoyed our four nights at this hostel in a twin private room. Kai was there for any questions we needed answering and he always remembered our names, which was a nice touch. The location was perfectt for the night markets and a 7/11 is just a few minutes walk away.

3 girls stayed here, safe, good chilled out atmosphere,great breakfast a d great deals on tours. khai is the owner and he really cares for his guests. Fantastic

Thank you very much for your comments and have a great day

There are something the owner can improve, which are: 1. The signage or the indicator card to the hostel are a little bit too small at the entrance of the road and the words actually faded. Suggest you can make a few which are bigger and not in handwritten, it'd be easier for people to see it. 2. Recommend you to put a board saying that "Thailandwow, we are here", because I had missed it for a few times. 3. Don't be too shy to speak English, this is for the helpers in the hostel. :)

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you very much for your comment and have a good day

we have stayed Thailandwow 3 days with other 2 friends. Kai is a really nice person and gave us a lot of tips about chiang mai. stuffs are friendly and place is really clean and safety.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Thank you so much for staying with us, have a great day

I stayed at ThailandWow for 3 nights and as a solo traveler, I thought it was a great hostel! As soon as I arrived, Kai helped me organize everything (with plenty of time for exploring and doing my own thing) so I could best take advantage of my time in CM! It was easy to meet others in the comfy, open common area, the dorms were quite simple, yet clean and there was a large locker for valuables. Only downsides were opening up the padlock after-hours and having to pay for a towel. No big deal :p

• 14th Aug 2014

Thank you very much for your comment, have a great day

This hostel was really wonderful! Khai is so great! From the moment I arrived he was so helpful in getting me set up with a cooking class and with taxis whenever I needed them. He also let me lock up my stuff there while I went to Pai for a few days. The hostel has a great vibe, and you are sure to meet people! One night I just hung out and chatted with Khai and some really great people I met there all night. There is one airconditioned room that is great, but both are good. Khai I'll miss you!

Thank you very much for your support and hope to see you again

Cozy place with helpful and friendly staff. Love their mango shakes. :)

Beds were comfy, staff friendly and helpful, bathrooms on the tiny side. Would stay again.

Thank you very much for your comment, have a good day

I loved this hostel. Kai is so so welcoming and supportive. He'll help to organise all your tours at the same price as outside places (I checked) if not cheaper. I meet so many great people in this hostel. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm with AC which was fine. Though the AC was turned off during the day which is sooo annoying. Though luckily I was super busy doing activities during the day that I wasn't there much time for that. It's very clean. I stayed here twice and I'd stay again

Khai is the star of the show, seems a good man. Booked for 2 nites & l arrived after a long trip from Laos, l said l will prob stay 4 or 5 nites. He said that l had to pay extra 100 bht for arriving after 7pm. I hv never come across this anywhere in the world! It is actually written at the end of his description of his hostel. But really, who ever reads that?! On principle l cancelled my booking & spent the one night there. Dorms are ok but there is no security at all. Location is inconvenient.

Had a fantastic stay at Thailand wow. Khai who runs the place is incredibly helpful and a pleasure to stay with. If I ever wanted to book stuff he was completely on top of it. The common area is good and the hostel is a medium size so you pretty much get to know everyone staying there. Made a lot of great friends here.

Really great owner/manager who was always looking to help out as much as possible just a genuine human being. The location is not the best if you are looking for a "party" hostel but it was in the old part of town, easy to the temples, and great people none the less.

Thank you for your reviews and support, have a good day

Great hostel! Kai is amazing and willing to help with anything and everything you need. It's a really nice, chill atmosphere and definitely easy to meet people. Nice outdoor common area. The breakfast is great (get the fruit with cornflakes and yogurt!), showers and bathrooms are pretty clean, even the room without ac is fine to sleep in (more people in the ac room though), and the area is quiet but within an easy walk to anywhere you want to go. Stay at thailandwow!

Kai, you were amazing, we cannot thank you enough for everything that you did for us! With love, Lottie, Georgy and Annie X

Thank you Lottie, Georgy and Annie for your support and have a good time here, have a good day

Thailandwow was a very nice hostel for a traveler on a budget. The bed was comfortable, the toilets/showers/rooms very clean. The staff are all so kind and helpful. The hostel manager, Kai, as Im sure you have read from other post,is a wonderful host. Also, the location is right between the saturday and sunday markets, and there are heaps of restaurants and cafes all around. A very nice place to stay with a relax atmosphere.

Thank you very much for your review and support, hope you have a great time on your holiday and safe journey, have a good day

Sometimes the places you stay enhance the quality of your experience. Thailandwow is one of the main reasons why I had an amazing trip and loved Chiang Mai. Khai is an amazing and caring human. He will help you in anyway possible, offers fair prices for activities and cares to learn about your stories. I will miss this place so much!

• 18th Jun 2014

Thank you for staying with us and support, hope to see you back here again, have a good day

Kai is wonderful and very helpful with booking daily activities. The hostel has such an amazing vibe! Beautiful place.

If I could add double excellent for the staff, i most definitely would! They are amazing! They help you find whatever you wan tto do in your budget! I even had an interview in my stay there and Khai was generous enough to offer me his office. Amazing people, amazing hostel. I would totally recommend it to my friends!!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Dominican Republic

Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you again, have a good day

Thailand wow is a great hostel, it is in an area where you you can walk to all the temples in Chiangmai old town and the nightlife is walkable as well. Hiring a scooter definatly is a good option as the night market and some of the other attractions are a little further away. The common area is a great place to meet people and this hostel has a really cool vibe. Khai the owner couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly and booking tours and finding info about chiang mai from him was a breeze

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you very much for your support and hope to see you again, have a good day

Thanks again for an awesome stay Khai! I really enjoyed staying at the guesthouse and seeing Chiang Mai :) Patrick from Canada

• 12th May 2014

Thank you very much Patrick for your support and hope to see you back one day, have a good day