Thaksin Grand Home Reviews

40/5 Krabi Rd., Paknum, Muang, Krabi, Thailand

it is a really good and not expensive place to stay. if you want to goto the beach, you need to take a bus which will cost you about 50 bats;

Fine place to stay, beds were good. We slept in the dorm: no door, 4th floor, toilet was on the ground floor so expect to walk! Shower is on the roof underneath the stars.

I was in the dorm on the top floor, all in all a fair stay for the price, I was only there one night as a stop over. I think I was unlucky to be in the corner bed with not much breeze, and also very unlucky to have a cockroach fly into my face whilst sleeping! Cockroaches are everywhere though so as I say, I think I was just unlucky as the room was clean and the doors and windows were all open, I didn't see any others during my stay here.

I cant complain about anything, really good service, nice staff (they offered me a better room for free because my actual room was already full), you have all that you need for the price you pay.

I enjoyed my stay, Jik was very helpful and the accommodation was comfortable. The main common area had no fans or even AC though.

Very good - considered the price of 150 bath. Kind of special that you have to shower under the sky on a rooftop if you are staying in the dorm - but also kind of awesome! FREE COFFEE AND TEA and very nice self-service making toast downstairs in the kitchen. Only minus is that you have to walk all the way down to 1st floor if you need a toilet. Would recommend this place for one night stay, very good atmosphere!

We stayed in a private room and it was great. Jik helped us plans a day trip to railay beach and transportation to koh Samui and was kind enough to pick us up from the pier when we arrived to krabi too! This hostel is about a 15 minute walk from the center.

The place was definitely better than the reviews I've read before coming to this place. The lady is very friendly, room was clean, although the bathroom smelled a bit.

Good hostel for exploring around Krabbi. 10 min easy walk to town and I was able to book trips at the hostel. I would stay there again

Very home-like hostel! The family running this place is soo friendly and nice and we kinda liked the dormitory upstairs which is matresses on the floor type of solution :) The shower for the dorm is outside on the rooftop terrace and it was an experience to go showering at night with stars shining in the sky above ^^ Only thing that bothered a little was that the only toilet was downstairs so you have to walk 4 sets of stairs to get there. Oh, and free coffee and tea!! ^_^ Great value for money

Great staff. Internet is spotty. Rooms are clean. It is quite a way off the beaten path. Clean facilities.

Great location, close to shops, bars and the beach (Freedom beach s a must). Service was okay and the food at the restaurant was overpriced, but generally a really nice place to stay. Would hve been nice to have aircon in the room.

It is such a nice guest house, It felt so homey and chilled. Jik and her husband own it and they are soo lovely, always happy to help, she asks how your day has been, greeting you with a warm smile, it feels like coming back home. The lounging area downstairs feels like the living room, making your own free tea using the wifi. Jik helped us book everything, she is so hospitable and she even arranged to drive us to the airport. Thankyou Jik!

• 4th Jan 2014

Even though I cannot recommend Krabi Town to anyone, this place is good one. Spacious room, excellent bed, everything works. So, if for some reason you need to stay in this town, stay here. :) Not social atmosphere, though.

What you see in the photos is not what you get...the rooms are very dates and not that clean.they could.not be contacted by phone when we needed to be picked.up from the bus station,so we got a taxi. The room was very basic and worn,not the cleanest room i have had around Thailand.definately over priced and not worth the money.we stayed for 2 nights not the 7 we booked. Its a good 15 mins walk to Krabi town,and its on a noisy busy main road. Very disappointed.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Wales

There was a bit of an ant problem in our room. There is really not a lot to do in Krabi.

We had planned to stay for 4 nights, but upon arrival, found that the air conditioning didn't work. We ended up staying 1 night, and then moving to a place just across the street. We did come back to Thaskin to book a couple of trips, and found the husband/wife team there to be very helpful and pleasant to work with. If not for the A/C, we would have been happy to stay there.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

A very nice place to stay at. Nice and helpful staff. Comfortabel beds and good wifi at the reception. We stayed just one night but if we go back to Krabi we would stay there again.

I stayed 4 days there and I would say the owner is so nice. She tried to make space for me at the top floor when I wanted to extend my stay but it was fully booked.She booked the tour and bus with good price for us. I really enjoy my stay in there which make me feel like home. and one more, her little girl is soooo adorable and you gonna love her when you stay there.

Really nice guesthouse, you feel like part of the family when you are staying there, they are very helpful and always available to give advice or just have a chat, but still very respectful and will give you your space. A bit further out than some other hostels and guesthouses but still only a short 10-15 min walk to Krabi town and the night market (so dont be lazy!)

← Back to search results