Thaksin Grand Home Reviews

40/5 Krabi Rd., Paknum, Muang, Krabi, Thailand

We were looking for a cheap accomodation so we've chosen the 8-bed Form which consisted oft 8 matresses laying in the ground. It was ok and we met nice people. The staff is friendly and helped us with traveling further. All in all for a short stay and for that money ok, just don't expect too much.

All good. If you just plan to stay a night over in Krabi before going somewhere else, this is perfect. The host is really nice and it's clean. lockers are in room. It's not directly in the centre so the location is not super good.

We enjoyed Krabi town. We were there 3 nights, room was nice and cheap and the owner was really nice and helpful. Hostel was little bit away from the centrum, but still on walking distance.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Finland

It's a nice hostel not far from Krabi town. But you need a motorbike, because the beach (Ao Nang) is far away,about 20 km. For 2 nights or for a stop before you drive to the next islands the hostel is perfect. Very nice owners.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Austria

Fantastic Location. Very close to the main harbour who is travelling from Any islands around Phuket. Nice facilities and staff were very friendly.

LOVED this place and the lady at the counter was incredibly sweet. Booked for two dorm beds and she informed us that the dorm room was full of dudes so she might be able to accommodate us in a "special room"-- made some arrangements and gave us a two person private room w/ private bathroom with no extra cost. Great place, clean, good atmosphere, and decent location considering you're already in Krabi town = the boringest place in Thailand. About a 10-15 min walk to the night market!

Thaksin was comfortable and a decent stay for a couple of nights. We booked a private double and were charged per person as opposed to the flat room rate (I think that was due to hostelworld). For $30 a night I wasn't impressed where if it were less than $20 as I had expected, it would have been considered lovely. The facilities were clean, staff amiable, but a bit of a walk into town. Free coffee in the morning.

When we got into our room, it didn't look familiar from what we remembered when booking. We went and looked at the photos and those photos seem to be 10 years old. The rooms are really run down compared to photos. There were a bunch of ants in the room and we were bit by them throughout the night. We couldn't shower the next day because the drain was clogged with previous guests long hair. Jik, the lady who runs the place was very friendly and kind though. She is the best part of the hostel.

The hostel was fine. It looks like they are selling mattresses. A stranger crawled into my friends bed one night. But the staff was very helpful dealing with the hospital and police after we got into an accident from renting one of their motorbikes with bad breaks. There was also an incident where a man was taking photos of sleeping girls whole we were there. Nothing wrong with the hostel, but privacy has become more important to us.

thank you for comment. is this booked about mixed dorm with fan 4th floor dormitory style room. so this room is shared room and bathroom. price is so cheap160-200 baht . we have privet room if want priveacy... plz tell us for cheag room to privet is cost 600-1000 baht/room ....thank you

Lovely this place. very nice stayed easy basic room on top 4th floors. just bed and fan share room with 7 peoples. owner is friendly. cheap so want stay long time.. go to beach 20 min by local bus 50 baht.

very nice place to stayed . very friendly & helpfull of jik. i booked mixed dorm fan room shared with 2 peoples. is very cheap so i was stayed more 2 night. Jik helped me plans a day trip to phiphi, aonang beach, railay beach and transportation to koh tow . I was called for pick me up at bus station and was kind enough to pick me up from bus station when i arrived to krabi too! This hostel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the center..

• 29th Nov 2014

I felt very uncomfortable at this hostel. I had to stay for three nights, and was asked to move the room for every night, means repacking, changing 3 times. The facilities are very poor compared to hostel descriptions, no hot water, flush didn't worked, air con didnt worked, fan was disgusting and dirty, no main area, no fridge, even for hot water they want you to pay. The staff was non English speaking, so it was hard to communicate, get a map, an advice or even book a tour.

Thank you for the complains..frist day we gave her specail room for share with one lady but she said my sheet is dirty I went to chek and told her is new sheet..this dirty coz befor she put her dirty packbag on the bed..when secorn day I move room for her as she booked This room I told in my discription is this room Shere dorm room just only fan and bed..is 200 baht/night..so no hot water no air..plz. chek on my discription.

This was a fantastic stay. Its a basic room, but the bathroom was one one of the nicest here in Thailand. Wifi was great, laundry was quick, and its basically across the street from a 7-11. Jik was fantastic! She was more than willing to help us plan our 2 days here, and booked tours and a boat ticket for us. I'm sad as I head to Koh Samui, but I will definitely be returning to Krabi on my next visit to Thailand. Thanks!

View all Krabi Bed and Breakfasts