7.6
Very Good 223 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 223 Total Reviews
Thaksin Grand Home Located at 40/5 Krabi Rd., Paknum, Muang, Krabi.
Thailand
Krabi 81000 40/5 Krabi Rd.,, Paknum, Muang
76% 223
8.0637974 98.9088821
    Rooms available

• France, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2016
5.1

This hostel is not clean and the staff is extremely unprofessional! What started as the owners 12 year old son greeting us because she was away, then having them "upgrade" us into a private room which was extremely hot, no AC and 1 fan, at midnight we decided we couldn't take it anymore and asked to be moved. After an hour of debate with the owner over changing rooms and us asking for a refund, she moved us to a more bearable room. Overall, i would stay as far away as possible from this place!

Is 38 ° at krabi now. I'm sorry can't doing for cold that room. Booked is dorm room fan cost 189 baht . So we Just only move to another privet room fan 500 baht didn't charge more..we have privet air-condition room is cost 750-950 baht☺☺ thank you

• SanderTheeboom
  • Netherlands, Male, 25-30
17th Apr 2016
3.7

Let's make this clear, I do not expect any luxury when I pay around €5 a night but what happened here was just unbelievable. On arrival, the dorm beds weren't ready for us yet so we were given a private room - which initially sounded great to us until we arrived at the room. The room was unhumanely hot even with the fan on. It got even worse at night, to the point where we just couldn't stay there anymore. The owner of the hotel thought we were crazy and didn't want to help us. Unprofessiona

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Apr 2016
7.7

Just stopped in for a day, the staff are incredibly helpful, booking all of our transportations for around the islands! The dorm is just a room upstairs with mattresses on the floor with no A/C, but if only for one night it's not bad!

11th Apr 2016

IT IS A SAFE HOSTEL... STAFF LADY IS REALLY FRIENDLY.... KRABI IS SMALL, BUT RELATIVELY THE HOSTEL IS A LITTLE FAR AWAY FROM THE TOURISTIC PLACES... I STAYED IN A NO A/C ROOM... SO DAY AND NIGHT WERE LIKE A NIGHTMARE... TOO HOT!!!! I HAD TO OPEN THE WINDOWS AND TO KEEP THE DOOR OF THE ROOM OPEN DURING THE NIGHT....

• fire_flies18004
  • Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
5th Apr 2016
7.4

This place is more of a guest house than a hostel. Great cheap place to stay if you are only in krabi for a night. The owner is super friendly and helpful. More so than at any of the other hostels we have been at. The hostel itself if a 15 min walk from the city center, where there are many restaurants, shops etc. not much directly adjacent to the hostel but if you take the shuttle from Krabi airport they will drop you right at the door!

• Vietnam, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2016

The location was amazed me

20th Mar 2016
4.0

booked 1 night, but missed the night ferry from koh tao, so i wrote 3 e-mails, but they didn't reply. when i showed up the next day, they said they did not recieve the mails, and they said they are full, so i had to look for another hostel.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
13th Mar 2016

Lovely hostel run by Jik, who was so helpful & kind. Its a 10 min walk from Krabi centre, where you can catch buses rent scooters etc. The room was clean with bedside lamp, air con & fridge. The bathroom was also clean, although the shower drain was blocked. The window frames were not sealed so mosquitoes could come in, but we sealed them. Wi-fi very weak. Free tea & coffee, toast and jam 30B. Water 20B, laundry 50B. The lovely staff and Jik's awesome service made our stay there all the better.

12th Mar 2016

I slept in the dorm on the 4th floor which reminded me of a sleepover party with all the mattresses on the floor. That kinda created a good atmosphere. During the day it gets pretty hot up there so you better have a plan where to go during the day. What I really liked were the rooftops directed to east and west, so you have a great view over Krabi and can see both sunset and sunrise. The owner is a very lovely woman and even drove me to the busstation for free. I really recommend this hostel!

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Mar 2016

I just used this place as a stopover between Koh Phi Phi and a flight from Krabi. Was better than expected. Very clean, nice room and run by a lovely woman. She organised an airport taxi for me to get at 7am for 350 baht which was waiting for me when I came down. The place is a 10 min walk from the night food market and about 200 m from 7/11.