Thanh Guesthouse Reviews

84/26 Bui Vien St District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This guesthouse is down a small alleyway so a little hard to find, but is right in the centre of district 1 so can easily get to everything. Tours and buses can be booked cheaper down the road. As it's a guesthouse though there isn't a common room or social area to meet other backpackers so I wouldn't stay here I was traveling alone

Same Tours they offer are significantly cheaper around the corner. But I loved my room!

The hotel was fine, but the prices are not the best in the area....

It was a little hard to find the guesthouse at first, because its in a back alley. On the other hand it is quiet at night. We loved our stay there :)

Basic rooms in a good location. Unfortunally there is alot of noise! Of course a little from the street, because its located in a busy area with shops, restaurants and bars. But what bothert me, was the noise from the owners! A woman screaming at her children, children crying and very loud TVs from 5am until 11pm at night. Plus, there was a window in the front door of the room, and a bright light shining in from the hall. If you stay here, remember toiletpaper and a bed linen to sleep with.

My friend and I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. We stayed for three days and found the room to be lovely and spacious, with comfortable beds and extremely soothing ceiling fans. The bathroom was clean and shower warm, although there wasn't a shower curtain so the floor was quite wet. However, the location was really quiet considering its shor distance from a busy street and street vendors sold food and water at cheap, affordable prices. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful!

overall this was a good guesthouse. you get what you pay for. staff helpful in organizing day tours/taxi/bus

Very basic but what more do you need? Friendly and helpfull staff, good location and clean rooms. Great fruit shake stall right on the same alley!

The room was small but ok, but it was very loud during the whole night. Furthermore the owner "forgot" about the hostelworld booking disposit and tried to charge me more. I don't know if she really forgot or if she did it on purpose.

The owner was very helpful and booked all our day trips aswell as our bus to Mui Ne. The owner was always very friendly and always made sure we were looked after. The guesthouse was very clean and the rooms were nice.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Vietnam

Staff was nice and friendly. location is inside the valley, but quiet as compare with those hostel attached along the main road. could try to improve on the cleanliness

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

Clean and good location in the heart of the tourist part of the city. Reasonable enough for the price. Fridge broken. No shower head on the shower so that wasn't easy. He said he would pick us up from the airport but wasn't there so not impressed with that. Also someone said they would help with train tickets but nothing was said so we went to the travel agent instead.

• 20th Oct 2013