The Adventure Brew Hostel Reviews

Av. Montes 503, La Paz, Bolivia

Bar staffed by hipster douchebags who are always too busy and surly to pour a drink for anyone other than their friends. Reception staff friendly except for one woman. Kitchen and cleaning staff is overworked and underpaid. Showers are consistently hot. I am a hard sleeper, but the latenight party noise might be too much for some people. Food is absolutely horrendous and overpriced. Hostel regulations are racist: they do not allow entry to Bolivians (unless they are the owner's friends).

Nice hostel. I like the free beer that comes with the room each night. All front desk staff were great. There is a French barman who was particularly rude. The double beds are too small for two average sized adults (better off getting a twin room). Breakfast is great if you like pancakes you can eat as many as you want. Noted they sell 'gravity' death road tours for commission (who are the most expensive company) we went with 'vertigo' who are brilliant. That is all.

The most chaotic hostel I've ever been. I booked a double room, they put me for one night in a 8 dorm. Additional they lost my laundry, found it again after 30 mins but unwashed. The guys at the reception are unmotivated. The bar crew is awesome and friendly. The temperature in the rooms vary, some are ice cold 1-3 some are nice 3-6.

If you are transferring in La Paz is not the place to spend your night(s) cause there will be party music reaching your room and after party drunk youngsters loud in the common smoky area. Staff is good but unable to serve you as a hostel should do since there are flocks of people checking in and out every minute due to the huge building. If you are into hygiene toilets will not be your best. On the contrary if you find La Paz boring and you are 20yo on fire, go ahead this is the place for you.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Greece

The hostel is wonderfull the bar is great and Saya beer is tasty. But there is an awfull handicap: the internet. The worst wi fi ever. I just could not comunicate to any one. The managers should improve it.

Location is nice and close to bus terminal. Everything in walking distance. Staff in bar was really nice. Staff in reception could get some lessons in manners... Slow, slow, slow. Took me more than an hour (!) to get checked in. More busy with Facebook or calling other people than actually helping a crowd of people waiting. A smile or just a 'Hi' instead of 'next' would maybe help as well... Nevertheless, unlimited pancakes for breakfast made up for a lot of this.

Perhaps due to the New Years Eve, the staff was overwhelmed and that is why the check in took over one hour. Besides that some members of the staff were not polite and attentive. As for a party hostel the prices in the bar were too high. Kitchen facilities were very poor and one could only use the kitchen from 1pm. Due to the receptionist's decision it was impossible to get even 1 cup of hot water in the morning.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Finland

We stayed in the B and B section. It was nice in a decent location, not too noisy. The 'hostel' section up the road was a lot more lively. So you can choose what suits you. The staff are very helpful.

Planned to stay 1 night, ended up staying almost an entire month with all the back and forth travels and a volunteer job in between. I've recommended this hostel to various travelers I've met along the road and will still do.

I feel like most people visit this hostel for the beer and to party. It was what I was looking for for NYE, but I would have left if two other hostels I liked weren't already full. The dorm room was pretty dirty when I arrived and so were the bathrooms. I liked the fooseball and ping pong tables, but hated that everyone was smoking in the inclosed common area so the whole place reeked of cigarettes.

Favorite place I stayed at. Has a great atmosphere and is just fun. It's a party hostel, so depending on where your room is it can be a little noisy.

We were allowed to check in when we arrived from our overnight bus which was great, especially since it was so early. There is a kitchen and the pancake breakfast is nice. The restaurant serves ok food but people are allowed to smoke inside it so as a non smoker it was quite unpleasant. We would stay here again

I had a good stay here, it is a party hostel and the atmosphere is good. The kitchen is not so well equiped though, and the staff could do better when it comes to service (they are friendly so it's not that, but maybe less youtube/facebook and more servicing the guest could serve the rating well).

Hostel itself is very good - cool building, good facilities etc. Location isn't the best, a 15 minute walk from most of the main restaurants but there are cheap things nearby. Pancake breakfast is great. Wifi started good but gradually got worse. Brewery beer tour was a lot of fun.

It was ok, but disappointing. We booked it because we though the sky bar was cool, but it only opened until 6pm, then it was only the bar in the other hostel which was fine but nothing special. Not much buzz or atmosphere. Had a good pool table though. Room was fine. Location isn't great unless your off to the airport the next day.

It costs an extra B17 to book via hostel world (for a double)! If you want to book maybe only book one night then extend. Pros: free beer, long happy hour, near bus terminal, unlimited pancakes for hungry people. Cons: Rooms are dark and depressing (we had a double), rooms at the front are on main road so noisy (we moved to back), Out of centre so felt a bit sketchy after dark (does have on site restaurant). We moved to a place in the centre which was slightly better and cheaper.

Small and uncomfortable double bed

This is located a fair walk from everywhere you actually want to go. It's also next to a really busy road that has a lot of noise day and night which meant we woke up really early each morning. We were using war plugs too. The internet was really slow and didn't work in the rooms. There was hardly any atmosphere and not that many people. I wouldn't stay here again, many other places that are better

Good WiFi for La Paz. Free pancakes for breakfast and nice bar in the hostel...cheaper than Loki too! Nice fredly vibes and a relaxed but fun atmosphere. Free beer at 8pm and otherwise a good selection of nice selection of microbrews and decent food! Staff don't have so much information about the local area however and the employee at the Kanoo Tour desk is very curt. Better off going to the main office in town to book anything.

Very basic hostel, wifi is working well, staff speaks English

« first « Prev 1 2 3