The Adventure Brew Hostel Reviews

Av. Montes 503, La Paz, Bolivia

Bathroom smelt really funny like mouldy, security guard slept through most of his shift !

Stay in the larger of the two buildings. Way more fun

Some staff did not have sensitivity to deal with tourists who had difficulty communication.

The kitchen was out of order even though announced on line to have a kitchen. People booking on line pay more (55 for a 20bed room), when you just show up or book directly with them (49 for a 20bed room). When checking in I got no information, you needed to ask for everything, the wifi-pw, the next supermarket, the times for the breakfast.... The room was loud, the bar dark, the common area full of smoke. it's close to the terminal and a good place if you don't want to sleep.

We stayed in this hostel for 5 nights. The bedrooms were very good, with good showers. The pancake breakfast however got a little repetitive. Would definitely recommend booking death road through the hostel with Gravity!

The hostel is good, good atmosphere. The brekfast is not good, only wafles.

Great atmosphere. Good free all you can eat pancake breakfast. WIFI is the worst I have experienced in South America.

We hated our stay here! The bar staff were horrible, had to wait 30minutes one night just to order a drink and even then the girl behind the bar was so rude. Staff at reception are hopeless and didn't give us accurate info to get anywhere. Seem too busy on their phones to worry about customers. Wifi is almost non-existent, rooms are dark and freezing. Breakfast is cold pancakes and cold coffee. We spent some time at Wild Rover instead which was way better. Recommend staying there over here!!

Had a nice stay!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Bolivia

Great room, free pancakes, free beer. Top hostel

Very good hostel .Free pancake breakfast. .The staff was very helpful especially Fabien. Showers have always hot water , also you have the "free beer" and you can have it in the bar with other people and have a good time with them. I tried to do a booking for the death road but the travel agency was closed on sunday and I did it at the reception , it is helpful ! .

• 27th Mar 2015

The staff were helpful and appeared to be doing their best in somewhat difficult circumstances. The hostel was very full and there appeared to be confusion with the booking system, I was twice asked to move rooms though only actually had to do it once. During the election it was pretty chaotic. Most people opted to eat at the hostel and as a result I had to wait 2 hours for a soup Appeared pretty chaotic behind the scenes, no apparent leadership. No wifi or cable TV as claimed. Bar area was good

I stayed here twice and really liked it the first time, but not so much the second. The first time it wasn't as full so even with the bar downstairs and the massive facilities, it had a great vibe. The second time, it was full to the brim, so it was too loud, too late. The staff doesn't seem equipped for how many people come in. They were so overrun when I was trying to check out at 7am. I still totally recommend this place, but definitely beware of how loud/overcrowded it can get.

The hostel for the most part was really good. Only thing I didn{t appreciate was the squeeky floors. Otherwise I give this place a two thumbs up.

I really didn't enjoy my stay here. The reception staff didn't want to answer any questions about the city and were dismissive. The rooms are very noisy as the bar can be heard on every floor, even though it's meant to be quiet time after 1, one night there was shouting and screaming until past 2. breakfast was often empty and had to wait over 15 mins for even coffee to be replenished. even if u r after a party hostel there are better in la paz

This was my first experience at a South American hostel and it's been a good one. The hostel is clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are quite dark but it encourages you to get up and out. I suggest booking a room with an ensuite as there are very few shared bathrooms here. It is worth the extra amount. The location is amazing for this hostel as you are a quick minute walk to the bus station. La paz is all up hill plus high altifptude so to have a location this convenient is key.

Nice stay in a private room, although very cold. Bar in main hostel was fun and social with candle lit tables, food was decent, some of the staff had a bit of an attitude as people who have "achieved" working behind bars in hostels acquire for some reason which is always a bore, but not all of them. We were offered a wake up call and taxi our last day for an early flight which we accepted but then both failed to materialise and we nearly missed our flight. Overall a positive experience though.

staff pretty rude, asked for help to sort out buses etc... no help also please please don't get a tab.. we didn't even have a tab and they tried to charge us for 6 beers in the underground bar that we didn't even see :)

Nice, really comfy bed!!

Extremely noisy due to traffic Don't even bother trying to use the internet it doesn't work If the shower isn't freezing you it's giving you 3rd degree burns Double beds r actually just large single beds Food takes a minimum of 45 mins to arrive at the table and when it does it comes with a side of food poisoning (not kidding) Price was more expensive on arrival than we were quoted Only good things are the one free beer a night and the free pancake breakfast We ended up asking for our money bac

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4