The Adventure Brew Hostel Reviews

Av. Montes 503, La Paz, Bolivia

Only stayed one night but had a good time. Bathrooms are great and restaurant has good food!

When i checked in at the 2PM check in time my room wasnt ready. At 2:30 the cleaning lady left and my room still wasnt ready. At 3 the cleaning lady returned and I was given a room. The room was in total disrepair, pee in the toilets, beds unmade etc. I complained again and I finally got my room at 3PM. Do not expect the 2PM check in to be honored. When I finally got my room there was still a wet towel left on the floor and toilet paper in the trash can next to the toilet from previous guests.

There was a lot of people around wich i like. The rooms were clean, but not the showers and toilets. Everyfloor had like 30 people sharing 3 toilets ans showers for each gender, wich isnt great. Also the shower only had curtins, no locks. The rooms were big and had big lockers for your big backpack! The breakfast that was included was only pancakes. They were quite slow at the check in, not very helpful either. Some of the staff didnt speak any english. Very good location! Overall it was good

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Although I got the impression this was a party hostel, I had some good nights sleep here, couldn't hear the music from my dorm, and the bunks were solid and comfortable. The luggage storage room is the most secure I have ever seen, you get a number and room is locked by security guard. Free beer is nice and the food in the bar is reasonably priced compared to tourist restaurants, expensive compared to locals places. Bar staff are volunteers and it shows in their lack or experience

This hostel was very good value for money - offering breakfast, comfortable beds, a daily free beer, hot showers, pool tables and bed side charging outlets. The reception staff were a bit apathetic at times, but the volunteer bar staff were brilliant. Atmosphere was generally very good with a dominant gringo vibe. Wifi was pretty horrendous, but that's unfortunately the case in most of Bolivia.

No wifi, staff are just a bunch of smug dickheads that don't care at all. Delivered our clothing for laundry, and when we got it back they had sowed red pieces of string into it, what the hell is that. This place is just insanely average, couldn't wait to leave.

Busy back packer´s hostel in two adjacent properties. Security guard on both doors 24/7 . Room was reasonably clean and furnished. Bar/restaurant open in one of the properties, closed in the other. Wi fi very poor or non existent. Close to centre. Staff are friendly and helpful. Very close to main bus terminal.

Free beer every night you stay was nice, but apart from that there's nothing much to like. Shower had only ice cold or burning hot water. The male member of staff was rather rude and tried to overcharge us. Pancake breakfast was dry and boring. Wifi did not work at all during our stay. The bed was awful. At least everything was clean.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Latvia

Good night sleep except that the smell of fumes from the busy road outside comes in and can make it hard to sleep at night. But beds are comfy and breakfast is yum, love fresh pancakes!

Nice place t o stay, clean, hot water. Would stay here again

• 22nd Jan 2015

Bar staffed by hipster douchebags who are always too busy and surly to pour a drink for anyone other than their friends. Reception staff friendly except for one woman. Kitchen and cleaning staff is overworked and underpaid. Showers are consistently hot. I am a hard sleeper, but the latenight party noise might be too much for some people. Food is absolutely horrendous and overpriced. Hostel regulations are racist: they do not allow entry to Bolivians (unless they are the owner's friends).

Nice hostel. I like the free beer that comes with the room each night. All front desk staff were great. There is a French barman who was particularly rude. The double beds are too small for two average sized adults (better off getting a twin room). Breakfast is great if you like pancakes you can eat as many as you want. Noted they sell 'gravity' death road tours for commission (who are the most expensive company) we went with 'vertigo' who are brilliant. That is all.

The most chaotic hostel I've ever been. I booked a double room, they put me for one night in a 8 dorm. Additional they lost my laundry, found it again after 30 mins but unwashed. The guys at the reception are unmotivated. The bar crew is awesome and friendly. The temperature in the rooms vary, some are ice cold 1-3 some are nice 3-6.

If you are transferring in La Paz is not the place to spend your night(s) cause there will be party music reaching your room and after party drunk youngsters loud in the common smoky area. Staff is good but unable to serve you as a hostel should do since there are flocks of people checking in and out every minute due to the huge building. If you are into hygiene toilets will not be your best. On the contrary if you find La Paz boring and you are 20yo on fire, go ahead this is the place for you.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Greece

The hostel is wonderfull the bar is great and Saya beer is tasty. But there is an awfull handicap: the internet. The worst wi fi ever. I just could not comunicate to any one. The managers should improve it.

Location is nice and close to bus terminal. Everything in walking distance. Staff in bar was really nice. Staff in reception could get some lessons in manners... Slow, slow, slow. Took me more than an hour (!) to get checked in. More busy with Facebook or calling other people than actually helping a crowd of people waiting. A smile or just a 'Hi' instead of 'next' would maybe help as well... Nevertheless, unlimited pancakes for breakfast made up for a lot of this.

Perhaps due to the New Years Eve, the staff was overwhelmed and that is why the check in took over one hour. Besides that some members of the staff were not polite and attentive. As for a party hostel the prices in the bar were too high. Kitchen facilities were very poor and one could only use the kitchen from 1pm. Due to the receptionist's decision it was impossible to get even 1 cup of hot water in the morning.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Finland

We stayed in the B and B section. It was nice in a decent location, not too noisy. The 'hostel' section up the road was a lot more lively. So you can choose what suits you. The staff are very helpful.

Planned to stay 1 night, ended up staying almost an entire month with all the back and forth travels and a volunteer job in between. I've recommended this hostel to various travelers I've met along the road and will still do.

I feel like most people visit this hostel for the beer and to party. It was what I was looking for for NYE, but I would have left if two other hostels I liked weren't already full. The dorm room was pretty dirty when I arrived and so were the bathrooms. I liked the fooseball and ping pong tables, but hated that everyone was smoking in the inclosed common area so the whole place reeked of cigarettes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3