The Adventure Brew Hostel Reviews

Av. Montes 503, La Paz, Bolivia

The hostel for the most part was really good. Only thing I didn{t appreciate was the squeeky floors. Otherwise I give this place a two thumbs up.

This was my first experience at a South American hostel and it's been a good one. The hostel is clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are quite dark but it encourages you to get up and out. I suggest booking a room with an ensuite as there are very few shared bathrooms here. It is worth the extra amount. The location is amazing for this hostel as you are a quick minute walk to the bus station. La paz is all up hill plus high altifptude so to have a location this convenient is key.

staff pretty rude, asked for help to sort out buses etc... no help also please please don't get a tab.. we didn't even have a tab and they tried to charge us for 6 beers in the underground bar that we didn't even see :)

This hostel is very fun. Big and spacious with a bar and a pretty good kitchen. Everyone gets one free beer every night! My one complaint is lack of a quiet lounge space with wifi. And they pump the music in the bar starting at 1pm. Otherwise awesome

Stayed in the smaller hostel down the road from the main one. The main building had most of the common facilities including the bar. Kitchen was very bare and most of the pots/pans seemed to be locked up after breakfast. Helpful staff helped to organise mountain biking when all the shops were closed on Sunday.

Improve your payment process with additional costs like bar expenses. Wrong balance from what we've consumed at the bar at the end of the stay. The first impression of the hostel is like you arrive in a cave, it's so dark. Advice: set up more light sources if possible.

Stayed 4 nights. The Good: Comfy beds with nice blankets. Tasty pancakes. A free sleeve of Saya beer with each nights stay. The Bad: Smokers smoking outside of the smoking room. Grumpy hipster reception dude. Music playing in the empty bar until 1:00 am. Poor ambiance in the dingy bar and dingy common area. I would spend the extra 5 bolivianos and stay at Wild Rover next time. We had friends there and we ended up soending lots of time there to avoid the ghetto hostel we had booked.

Such a great place to stay in La Paz! Free beer each night, and it's quiet enough to go to bed early if you need to. They let us keep or bags there for a week while we were traveling. Highly recommended!

Helpful Staff

The private rooms are in a different building to the dorms which is good if you want to sleep all day because you've been up all night in route 36! Free beer every evening is good beer!! Breakfast pancakes are good but not the best, byo maple syrup.

This is a good hostel, well located with a great bar where you'll meet lots of likeminded backpackers - so I would recommend it. Hwever the local staff are really unhelpful (backpacker volunteers behind the bar on the other hand were great), breakfast was average and the tour desk is expensive.

Only stayed one night but had a good time. Bathrooms are great and restaurant has good food!

When i checked in at the 2PM check in time my room wasnt ready. At 2:30 the cleaning lady left and my room still wasnt ready. At 3 the cleaning lady returned and I was given a room. The room was in total disrepair, pee in the toilets, beds unmade etc. I complained again and I finally got my room at 3PM. Do not expect the 2PM check in to be honored. When I finally got my room there was still a wet towel left on the floor and toilet paper in the trash can next to the toilet from previous guests.

We spent 2 nights here on separate occasions- mainly for the convenient location. We had a nice double room, but didn't really stay long enough to make the most of all the facilities. We did however enjoy our few beer!! .. And a game of pool whilst the BBQ was going and there was a good crowd around!

There was a lot of people around wich i like. The rooms were clean, but not the showers and toilets. Everyfloor had like 30 people sharing 3 toilets ans showers for each gender, wich isnt great. Also the shower only had curtins, no locks. The rooms were big and had big lockers for your big backpack! The breakfast that was included was only pancakes. They were quite slow at the check in, not very helpful either. Some of the staff didnt speak any english. Very good location! Overall it was good

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Although I got the impression this was a party hostel, I had some good nights sleep here, couldn't hear the music from my dorm, and the bunks were solid and comfortable. The luggage storage room is the most secure I have ever seen, you get a number and room is locked by security guard. Free beer is nice and the food in the bar is reasonably priced compared to tourist restaurants, expensive compared to locals places. Bar staff are volunteers and it shows in their lack or experience

This hostel was very good value for money - offering breakfast, comfortable beds, a daily free beer, hot showers, pool tables and bed side charging outlets. The reception staff were a bit apathetic at times, but the volunteer bar staff were brilliant. Atmosphere was generally very good with a dominant gringo vibe. Wifi was pretty horrendous, but that's unfortunately the case in most of Bolivia.

No wifi, staff are just a bunch of smug dickheads that don't care at all. Delivered our clothing for laundry, and when we got it back they had sowed red pieces of string into it, what the hell is that. This place is just insanely average, couldn't wait to leave.

Busy back packer´s hostel in two adjacent properties. Security guard on both doors 24/7 . Room was reasonably clean and furnished. Bar/restaurant open in one of the properties, closed in the other. Wi fi very poor or non existent. Close to centre. Staff are friendly and helpful. Very close to main bus terminal.

Free beer every night you stay was nice, but apart from that there's nothing much to like. Shower had only ice cold or burning hot water. The male member of staff was rather rude and tried to overcharge us. Pancake breakfast was dry and boring. Wifi did not work at all during our stay. The bed was awful. At least everything was clean.

• 27th Jan 2015