The Adventure Brew Hostel Reviews

Av. Montes 503, La Paz, Bolivia

Awesome place to stay when in La Paz! Very clean with lockers large enough to store your backpack. Loved the free all you can eat pancakes and the free nightly beer. Would defrinately stay here again!

I loved staying here - the people were amazing and the bar was always lively. The only issue I had was with the front end staff. There were always long lines of backpackers trying to check in or check out. The staff was not friendly or helpful - on one occasion I asked Jorge if he knew which bus line I should take to sucre and he shrugged and acted like I hadn't asked anything. Staff aside this is a great hostel and I would actually come back if I had the chance.

I have been to every country in South America and this was by far the worst. It's sad too because the owner Remo is really cool and helped me out when I got rubbed at gun point in La Paz. This place is ran by kids that work for a beer tab it seems. Forget any kind of sleep you may want. The bar and loud speakers on the first floor shake the whole building until 1am. They have quiet time between 1-6am. Yea right. Drunks slam doors in and out of you room all thru the night. I ordered a burger

Bathroom smelt really funny like mouldy, security guard slept through most of his shift !

Cool hostel...definitely a party spot with the bar downstairs and games, plus the environment is very festive. Cool staff , always looking for volunteers to help run the joint, so if you're looking for an opportunity to do that, this is the place.

Stay in the larger of the two buildings. Way more fun

Some staff did not have sensitivity to deal with tourists who had difficulty communication.

The kitchen was out of order even though announced on line to have a kitchen. People booking on line pay more (55 for a 20bed room), when you just show up or book directly with them (49 for a 20bed room). When checking in I got no information, you needed to ask for everything, the wifi-pw, the next supermarket, the times for the breakfast.... The room was loud, the bar dark, the common area full of smoke. it's close to the terminal and a good place if you don't want to sleep.

We stayed in this hostel for 5 nights. The bedrooms were very good, with good showers. The pancake breakfast however got a little repetitive. Would definitely recommend booking death road through the hostel with Gravity!

The hostel is good, good atmosphere. The brekfast is not good, only wafles.

Great atmosphere. Good free all you can eat pancake breakfast. WIFI is the worst I have experienced in South America.

We hated our stay here! The bar staff were horrible, had to wait 30minutes one night just to order a drink and even then the girl behind the bar was so rude. Staff at reception are hopeless and didn't give us accurate info to get anywhere. Seem too busy on their phones to worry about customers. Wifi is almost non-existent, rooms are dark and freezing. Breakfast is cold pancakes and cold coffee. We spent some time at Wild Rover instead which was way better. Recommend staying there over here!!

Had a nice stay!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Bolivia

A nice place to stay in La Paz. It's very close to the bus station and on a main road, so felt quite safe walking around the area on my own. Clean and comfortable, but the wifi was a bit average. The reception staff were helpful, but it's a bit of a challenge to be served a drink at the bar.

We stayed in a 3 bed room thing with a friend. Great rooms! Really good value. We had a great time in la paz, and this hostel played a part in that. Bar next door if you want a drink or some western food. Rooftop bar has great views too, and a good movie collection. Highly reccomended

Great room, free pancakes, free beer. Top hostel

La Paz is a bit of an anomaly as it only seems to have party hostels, or very quiet hostels which are basically similar to hotels in atmosphere. Having previously stayed at the Wild Rovers, which in my opinion is too much of a party, Adventure Brew struck the right tone and was very balanced. One could still be sociable, yet not too hedonistic. Having said that at times the atmosphere in the bar did lack a tiny bit of atmosphere, but I think that could also have been due to it being low season.

• 29th Mar 2015

It's a great hostel, really big and perfect for partying. The house is huge and it has a great view on La Paz. But the internet is really bad, like everywhere in Bolivia

Very good hostel .Free pancake breakfast. .The staff was very helpful especially Fabien. Showers have always hot water , also you have the "free beer" and you can have it in the bar with other people and have a good time with them. I tried to do a booking for the death road but the travel agency was closed on sunday and I did it at the reception , it is helpful ! .

• 27th Mar 2015

The staff were helpful and appeared to be doing their best in somewhat difficult circumstances. The hostel was very full and there appeared to be confusion with the booking system, I was twice asked to move rooms though only actually had to do it once. During the election it was pretty chaotic. Most people opted to eat at the hostel and as a result I had to wait 2 hours for a soup Appeared pretty chaotic behind the scenes, no apparent leadership. No wifi or cable TV as claimed. Bar area was good

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4