The Alchemist Hostel Reviews

Calle 13 No 3-139, Taganga, Colombia

Its Taganga, the party and drugs capital of north Colombia. Staying in a cheep option here is meeting people who love to be in "outterspace" You get what you pay for. There are better options around. Hostel staff are a bunch of argentino's who love to have their own party. (also at night) Ok hostel.

The location was good. If you are traveling with someone or you know Spanish well, this would be a fine place to stay, but it wasn't the type off hostel that was easy to meet people at. Most of the staff don't speak English so that also makes it difficult at times. Also, I recommend staying in the 6 person dorm rather than the 4 because the 4 person room is far from the only communal bathroom

This is a basic hostel, which is reflected in the price, so much cheaper than you can get in the surrounding area and probably the whole of Colombia. Staff were friendly, and a small breakfast (eggs or pancakes when we were there) was provided in the morning, which is always great. It was an okay place to stay but I think we have been so spoilt for amazing hostels in Colombia we were a little underwhelmed, but as I said it is cheaper so its a get what you pay for thing.

Great Cheap option, large open social space with good kitchen TV area. Rooms have Air con and bathrooms Clean. The Brother and Sister owner are beautiful and very friendly. Short walk down to he fun the town of Taganga has to offer!

Cheapest hostel I've stayed in in South America! Hostel is more than what I expected, it even has air con, which is amazing for $7(us) a night. And breakfast is included! However, the staff didn't really care all that much and weren't the most helpful when it came to resolving an issue we had.They messed up our booking and we ended up having to share a single bed because they just gave away my bed to another traveller while I had been in tayrona for the day.No complaints otherwise!Good location.

Owned by a Brother and Sister. Hands down one of the best hostels Ive stayed in during my travels. They were so welcoming and friendly. Everything was very simple and kept clean. There is a nice kitchen and hangout area. It is literally 300 meters from the beach. I would recommend this place to anyone, best price and atmosphere!

unbeatable at this Price - even breakfast included. air conditioning orks. However: no computers to use. And: they wanted to charge me 15,300 Pesos instead of 15,000, and do not substract the Hostelworld deposit from the Price. So be sure that you pay the right amount.

Very friendly helpful staff, good location 300metres from the beach, nice clean rooms

• 6th Jan 2014

Best atmosphere!! I felt like at home at this hostel:) I guess this was because of the nice garden and the very nice staff! The owner, the guys working at the reception and the housekeeper are very nice. Breakfast is not a lot but delicious and totally okay for this price! And you get everything you need in the kitchen:) The air condition in the rooms is very good. And the beach is only at five minutes walk. Thank you for that very nice new years eve dinner!

The experience that i expect.

Staff are really great. Good family vibe all round. Breakfast often not on time. But good hostel overall

Was very cheap and included hot breakfast and a towel which was great. Dorm was extremely small and cramped though, AC was helpful. Bathroom not very nice. Garbage weren't emptied. No security boxes in room have to go to another area. Not worth more than 5$ a night

• 14th Dec 2013

Generally a nice hostel but not in the best area of town. There were some confusions with our booking so we ended up paying almost twice the price ...

I spent one day in The Alchemist and it was great, the staff is very helpfull and friendly, specilly Marcella who prepare the breafkfast everyday (included in the price). The room were very clean and it has air-conditioning. It's well located to go to the beach or to visit Santa Marta. Besides the spaces are big and nice. The price is cheap for the services and facilities you get. I will come back, no doubt.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Nice hostel to stay in, with very friendly and helpful staff . It´s clean, with good facilities and services and it´s close to the beach.

Although "The Alchemist" hadn't had any reviews on HOSTELWORLD, we weren't disappointed with the place at all! We stayed in a dormitory for a very reasonable price and to our surprise it had an air condition (!) which was great given hot weather in Taganga. The kitchen is very well equiped and convenient to use. The staff is friendly and helpfull. We stayed there four nights and there was a different breakfast every morning.