The Alchemist Hostel Reviews

Calle 13 No 3-139, Taganga, Colombia

Nice hostel, great staff. Only complaint was that 2 out of the 3 nights we were there, the neighbours BLASTED their music until 6 a.m. and none of us could sleep, and when I asked if the staff could ask the neighbours to turn it down, they told me they couldn't do anything about it.

Really nice hostels, pretty patio and breakfast area, really good value for a dormitroy with A/C (definitely worth it!) The staff and very friendly and helpful, and lent me snorkel masks although there was no much to see. The breakfast could have been more generous - half a cup of coffee, two thin slices of toast and what seemed to be half a scrambled egg. But apart from that it was a great place to stay!

i have been travelling for many years, and this place was the best value for money. a big area for plenty of relax time, the staff were very helpful and friendly. a great place to meet like minded travellers.the atmosphere was one of total relax, had all the information i needed for sightseeing in the area and Colombia.

• 8th May 2014

Dirty refrigerator and kitchen moderately clean. Friendly reception... also partied late into the night with guests. No lockers for backpack storage. Stuffy 4-person dorm shares 1 fan. Tiny boxes for personal items (also without locks) are away from the dorms. The ONE bathroom is far away from the beds. They shut all water OFF at night. The front gate was unlocked at night Felt completely unsafe. It's a shame because the property actually has potential and location is good. Hope for improvement!

Its Taganga, the party and drugs capital of north Colombia. Staying in a cheep option here is meeting people who love to be in "outterspace" You get what you pay for. There are better options around. Hostel staff are a bunch of argentino's who love to have their own party. (also at night) Ok hostel.

The location was good. If you are traveling with someone or you know Spanish well, this would be a fine place to stay, but it wasn't the type off hostel that was easy to meet people at. Most of the staff don't speak English so that also makes it difficult at times. Also, I recommend staying in the 6 person dorm rather than the 4 because the 4 person room is far from the only communal bathroom

This is a basic hostel, which is reflected in the price, so much cheaper than you can get in the surrounding area and probably the whole of Colombia. Staff were friendly, and a small breakfast (eggs or pancakes when we were there) was provided in the morning, which is always great. It was an okay place to stay but I think we have been so spoilt for amazing hostels in Colombia we were a little underwhelmed, but as I said it is cheaper so its a get what you pay for thing.

Great Cheap option, large open social space with good kitchen TV area. Rooms have Air con and bathrooms Clean. The Brother and Sister owner are beautiful and very friendly. Short walk down to he fun the town of Taganga has to offer!

Cheapest hostel I've stayed in in South America! Hostel is more than what I expected, it even has air con, which is amazing for $7(us) a night. And breakfast is included! However, the staff didn't really care all that much and weren't the most helpful when it came to resolving an issue we had.They messed up our booking and we ended up having to share a single bed because they just gave away my bed to another traveller while I had been in tayrona for the day.No complaints otherwise!Good location.