7.6
Very Good 128 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 128 Total Reviews
The Anderson Estates Located at 1932 Rochester Cir, , Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles CA 90018 1932 Rochester Cir
76% 128
34.0210947 -118.3148681
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
8th Jun 2016
5.1

One of the strangest hostels I've ever stayed at. Part hostel - part construction site where the mansion owner provides free accomodation for those working on his house. These individuals drink most nights and can be very loud and abusive. Wouldn't reccomend staying here, but it is fairly close to the Expo/Western Metro station.

• Brazil, Male, 18-24
5th Jun 2016
7.7

It was good overall but the first day they put me to sleep at the living room on a horrible air mattress and the wi-fi doesn't work very well.

• Israel, Male, 31-40
4th Jun 2016

I have chosen it because it was quite cheap, but when I came I felt like a king :) you have pool, great breakfast, kitchen, wifi, showers, nice staff and 2 cute dogs. what do you need more?

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Jun 2016
7.1

We booked two gender specific dorm rooms so were pleasantly surprised when we ended up in a private dorm. We were in one of the secondary houses (not the main mansion). Beds were comfy and had a shared ensuite, although other people accessed it via our room. There was next to no security! Door to house was never locked and normally open, couldn't lock our bedroom door from the outside and there were no lockers. Breakfast at the mansion house was nice and there was a pool use. Near metro stop

• ivanarajic775698
  • Croatia, Mixed Group, 25-30
1st Jun 2016

Nice place with a pool, great staff, good price, great breakfast!

• South Korea, All Female Group, 18-24
31st May 2016
3.7

They are still under construction. So thay made noisy sound every morning. There is no 24hrs front desk service. The first day, we got the temperory room that there is no privacy as well as many people passed by our room to get their room and bathroom. Second day, There is no ladder on our bed going up. Even if I asked staff already, thay didnt fix. There are some aunts in my bed and I saw a cockroach bathroom. I felt scary near hostel. The price was cheap but not wealthy.

• USA, Male, 41+
26th May 2016

I have stayed in hostels all over the world . I can truthfully say this is one of the best places I have stayed and certainly one of the best values . A clean room, clean bathroom, excellent Wi-Fi, a good breakfast, a customer useable computer and general atmosphere makes this one of the best deals you will find in Los Angeles ever . I highly recommend this hostel and certainly plan to stay there again when I am passing through Los Angeles again.l.p.

• England, Male, 18-24
21st May 2016

Free breakfast, swimming pool and a large garden area are all bonuses on top of a comfortable hostel close to a metro station. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom areas are clean. However the kitchen area is gross towards the end of the day and there are no lockers or even locks on the bedroom doors. Also the front door is left open 24/7 so theoretically anyone could walk in. Luckily I had no problems with my things while I was there though.

20th May 2016

I made a good choice to stay here. To think I paid $20 to stay in a mansion, where Hollywood stars used to visit, including Bob Hope and Marilyn Monroe according to Mr Anderson. Great breakfast, much better than all the other hostels I have stayed in the US. The staff was excellent. Facilities include a large pool which I hope to use next time if the weather is warmer.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th May 2016

The stay here was awesome, although I think people, especially other females, need to know to be a little careful in the area. I had quite a few people around LA tell me to be careful in the area and not keep my phone out while walking around because people have been known to swipe them. Other than that I had no problems. Laid back with a pool, 10 min walk from the train and buses, takes about an hour to get to most places which is common when taking transportation anywhere in LA.