The Anderson Estates Reviews

1932 Rochester Cir, Los Angeles, USA

A bit unprofessional staff, but sweet!! They make you really nice breakfast every morning and it's near the metro

We booked it for 9 dollars a night and it was doubled price we had to pay!!!!

• 31st Jul 2015

This is NOT a HOSTEL. No lockers and doors are open all day and night. Near the most dangerous district of LA. Unprepared staff. Many guests/residents trying to get jobs in LA. Room with dirty carpet. Worsened my allergy. Good breakfast.

They told me the site was faked and stole my money , they kicked out me and insulted me , very impolite

• 17th Jul 2015

The internet didn't match with the booking they made on their own. We booked for 10 Night but couldn't get more than 2. They kicked people out same day as us because a Big groupe were the day after. We waited for one and a half hour on the receive they promised me the day before. We haven't no stairs to our bed and than have to climb up every Night. The lock on the restroom didn't work and the shower was grose. The breakfast in the morning was excellent - so good!!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

It was more of a home for people wanting to move to LA. Staff weren't very helpful with tourist attractions or pu lic transport knowledge. Had to figure it out on my own. Breakfast was good, though self service would've been quicker

t is more upscale than most of the motels in the Los Angeles area, close to shopping and practically everything required for a comfortable life style. For the price I am paying for 4 bed/room this place is preferable to anywhere else I would rather be. The room mates are polite, considerate and happy when we gather around mrs. Anderson. I will stay here as long as I want. There is also a big beautiful swimming pool where anyone is allowed, a full staff to serve breakfast and drinks and 24 hour r

• 18th May 2015

Very great place! Near from the city center, you sleep inside a big American house : big rooms, kitchen, laundry (also for free!), a rest room (sofa, TV), swimming pool in the garden, two clean bathrooms for dormitory. The mattress in dormitory are comfortable. The breakfast is included (egg, bacon, pankake, strawberry, coffe, orange juice,...). Great for backpackers. The owner can offer you a job inside the guesthouse so that you can stay longer witthout paying your room!

• 5th May 2015

Cheap and cheerful but in a very dodgy area. Easy access to the metro though

Lovely place, great breakfast included and really nice staff. Would definetely recommend it to others. And the price is soooo good!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Denmark

Make no mistake... this is NOT a hostel! 1) The West Adams district of L.A. is a crime-ridden, drug-infested ghetto, where every house has bars on the windows and the nearest bus stop is 2km away. 2) There are no lockers, and the bunk beds are crammed less than a meter between each other. 3) God knows what property you'll be placed in. The tiny house I stayed at had 22 beds and only one bathroom. 4) Forget about meeting tourists. Most everyone are actor wanna-be's or indigent locals.

I missed my flight from Berlin to LAX, so sadly, I'm unable to leave a cogent review. But I would like to think they are good people. This is why I'm forced to leave an "average" report, having no other idea of what to suggest.

The room that I was have just 2 beds with a bathroom, and all of my floor could use the bathroom. However, i didn't like the idea of all the floor use the bathroom, because i was with my friend in the room, and i thought that this bathroom it was just for us. I suggest to do a bathroom for the others rooms or make the bathroom of this room just for the room. Also, i didn't like the cleanliness of the bathroom, because we stayed for 5 days, and the bathroom wasn't cleaned any time.

• 21st Dec 2014

I never received a key that worked for the front door while at the hostel. Several nights I was locked out of the building, and had to ask to be let in. The younger staff from other countries were great -- very nice, and accommodating. Some of the older staff seemed a bit curt with guests.

Fantastic staff, friendly and helpful

• 7th Dec 2014

Nice mansion,relaxed,feels like at home,tv,pool,kitchen,close to metro/train station,great to stay in groups,atmosphere a bit boring for one traveler,of course it depends of currently residing guests.Staff not so attentive,also managing system with beds for guests disorderly,feels like you're part of the staff and they can move you to another room suddenly when they want to,there is no any cattle to prepare tea/coffee,which is strange..

It was great! Thanks guys for everything! Hope to go again soon.

Extremly dissapointing. Staff ignored me totaly. This is not a backpacker Hostel at all, more like a long term housing. Would really not recomend to travellers.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Norway

This was an odd sort of hostel, in that it was segregated into a few different houses. The "office" was a house across the road from the main building, and often there wasn't anyone there to ask questions. They also don't provide any maps or visitor guids or tourist info. I had to ask about 3 times to have clean sheets put on the bed, the management doesn't seem very well structured. Otherwise it was a very nice place to stay.

I have been staying at two different locations, the Rochester house is under going some upgrades and I look forward to seeing the place when their finished. The second house is very nice and the other people staying here are friendly and considerate of the other guests. I am moving to another one of the many other properties that they own and if its as nice as the other two I've been in then I look forward to staying there. Its nice to know that they have so many different locations.