7.9
Very Good 101 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 101 Total Reviews
The Anderson Estates Located at 1932 Rochester Cir, , Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles CA 90018 1932 Rochester Cir
79% 101
34.0210947 -118.3148681
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Apr 2016

I stayed in the private room so security wasn't a problem. But the stay was very nice. Wifi runs decently, the walk to the metro is about 15 minutes though so get ready for that. Overall it was a good stay, I didn't have the free breakfast, but I know they have it so thats also a plus.

• Belgium, Mixed Group, 31-40
17th Apr 2016
5.4

Very strange place. Didn't feel comfortable at all. Booked for 3 nights but only stayed 2 because I felt unsafe. No locks on the front door. No lockers in the rooms. The second night a really creepy man came into our room around 10.30pm. The staff said it was too late to check him in and just let him into our room without knowing who he was. I didn't want to stay in the same room as he, and luckily the staff did understand and asked him to leave. Breakfast is ok.Wifi ok.Close to public transport

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2016
7.7

The Anderson Estates is definitely one of the stranger hostels I've stayed at however it certainly has a lot of positives, the staff are really helpful, I met great people there, free breakfast and laundry and you even have a swimming pool and gym equipment. Negatives are I didn't feel security was very tight, it was like anyone could come and go whenever plus the location isn't central at all although near a metro stop. Would still recommend as it is the cheapest place in L.A

• USA, Female, 31-40
14th Apr 2016
6.6

Not bad for the price. Has a pool & the people are friendly. BUT people need to learn to knock on your door not just bust in on you. Not the best location for site seeing. Most of the time you'll need to call a cab or use uber/lyft. But overall it was a good experience. I'd stay again. Bostonbyrd

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Apr 2016
5.7

I was doing laundry when i went to check on it someone was in the process of taking it out.

• USA, Female, 41+
12th Apr 2016

10 plus if you or anyone you know needs a reliable place for what ever reason I highly recommend staying there very trust worthy.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

Don't let the number decide your trip - the value of this place far outweighed the issues I did have with this place. If I was ever staying in LA again I would hands down stay here every time. BUT: Security is lacking. No keys, no lockers. BRING A CABLE/BAG LOCK! The staff are actually great but management is a bit weird... It feels like there's no permanent workers so no one really knows some things Overall its the best hostel for your money in LA, but definitely needs a bit more work!

• Zimbabwe, Male, 31-40
30th Mar 2016
6.3

beautiful structure but not very clean.dust below beds. reception staff not very friendly

• bpallay1
  • USA, Female, 41+
29th Mar 2016
6.6

This is my first experience with a Hostel. I've met some nice and interesting people at Anderson Estates. I believe there should be more involvement on a managerial level. The breakfast is always great. There is prompt service if any needs arise. I have found it humbling and appreciated the home.

• USA, Female, 31-40
23rd Mar 2016

It's a great place to stay: free breakfast, friendly staff, a pool and very clean rooms. I travel a lot even though I am Los Angeles based here. It's comforting to know that I have a "home" to stay at that is not only affordable, it's a great to be in. I enjoy the place and appreciate the location where I can drive to work within a reasonable distance. If I have any concerns, Joanne will take care of it. I know that I am listened to and valued as a guest. I stay here often. Thank you!