The Apsley Ski Lodge Reviews

191 Wildschönauerstrasse, Niederau, Wildschonau Valley, Austria

The Apsley Ski Lodge is my all time favourite hostel and location we stayed at as we backpacked across Europe. The staff were incredible, very friendly and awesome to even hang out with. Cheap, home cooked meals were so needed after all the restaurants and street food we'd had over the duration, it was quite simply amazing. Comfy beds, great atmosphere, this place is so underrated! We convinced someone on our tour bus to get off and go because the four of us were so stoked about it. Best place!

• 6th Oct 2014

Fantastic place to stay! Staff were very friendly and cooked us delicious meals each night at a great price :) loved the homely atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

• 30th Sep 2014

We had an absolutely incredible time here. We were given an upgrade to a private room when we arrived, and got a few recommendations of how to make the most of the great weather! One day Merrick spent his whole day taking us to an amazing waterfall and up to the glacier, where some people went skiing. Such generous staff, brilliant area, definitely stay here!

My stay at Apsley was wonderful. Love the lodge, the staff, and the surroundings. So much to do and so lovely to come home to a great atmosphere and delicious food. Beautiful rooms and great views. Was sad to leave.

I don't normally leave reviews but this is such a charming little hostel with an amazing atmosphere. The staff; Hayley, Jan

Really enjoyed our stay here. Friendly, welcoming staff and a great homely atmosphere. Definately recommend staying here :)

• 31st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Cosy little hostel in an amazing town. Good food, small bar, grocery shop within walking distance. Amazing view of the surrounding mountains, and a short walk to the cable car for hiking and paragliding. So quiet I had the best sleep I've had in 8 weeks of travelling.

Would definitely recommend a stay here. Tom and Jim drove us out to a mountain 70 minutes away where we spent the day snowboarding in the middle of summer no less! Great blokes and a great couple of days.

Amazing!! Stunning views of the Austrian Alps. Would recommend catching the cable car to the top; you get gorgeous views of the Valley & there is a cute cafe up the top that made the best hot chocolates, which was great considering the two days we were there it rained. Great for a rest & relaxation stop but there are also activities to do if that's what you like eg. Hiking, skiing etc. Also sometimes they will cook a BBQ and make home made salads; all the meals were delicious.

Booked this hostel as my friend who was on Busabout was staying here. Nice spot & the guy was really helpful and chill. We got our own room which was super!

More of a hotel than a hostel, was very quiet when I stayed which kind of made it better, the owner remembered everybody's names and it felt more homely than every hostel so far. Rooms are very nice, I had a balcony with a nice en suite. The wifi didn't work in the rooms but I got a good connection elsewhere in the building. Due to the remoteness of the location you can't really expect the greatest connections though Breakfast was basic but did the job with a great bar and common area too.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Great hostel run by great staff

Don't miss out on staying at Apsley!

Staff were so lovely and helpful and friendly. Made you feel like a small family. they upgraded us to a private room. I would highly recommend this place in a heart beat. Small little place in a nice quite town. Breakfast was fantastic, food was fantastic. Everything was amazing, would come back here Deffinetely.

View all Wildschonau Valley Hostels