The Apsley Ski Lodge Reviews

191 Wildschönauerstrasse, Niederau, Wildschonau Valley, Austria

The staff were friendly and joined us for a meal. They went out of their way to assist us with bookings and directions. The paragliding was awesome!

really recommend apsley ski lodge. Emma and Marty were amazing hosts, with a wealth of knowledge of wildschonau valley and very helpful and honest. the rooms were mostly two beds and had their own ensuite which is awesome when travelling. it was the most laid back place I've stayed at and I really enjoyed the movie nights and group dinners that we made in their kitchen. I also really recommend paragliding if you stay in wildschonau valley. this has been my favourite stop on my trip so far.

Great little place to stay. Nice and quite. Good place to relax. Plenty of hiking trails and plenty of places to explore

Absolutely loved this place. Beds and duvets were heavenly. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. Free kitchen (including stove, microwave, fridge and kettle). There was a fire pit and bbq in the back yard and we roasted marshmallows and hung around the campfire both nights I was there. Only issue is that there are no lockers in the rooms. I knew nearly everybody that was staying there though, so I wasn't too concerned about this. Close to grocery store and mountain lifts. Loved it!

Great stay! Staff was AMAZING (friendly, helpful, and always around). Very clean rooms and great atmosphere. Hostel was close to enough stuff to keep us busy for the two days we were there. Have no complaints! Thanks!

Such a cozy and inviting place to stay! It was almost like one big family with the shared dining area yet there was privacy in all of the accommodations! The staff were very fun and helpful! Definitely would stay again!

Great staff and ideal location!

Hostel wasn't run by locals and they couldn't give advice on hiking trails in the region even though this was the main summer pastime. Maps provided were for ski runs only. Had to go to next town to get advice about hiking and a trail map.

Wifi pretty much didn't exist, even in common areas. The breakfast was toast and cereal only but no milk was made available and the butter (just a blob on a plate for everyone to share) looked like it had melted and then re-hardened. No tea and coffee made available at breakfast at all, though the manager sat down to a lovely pot of percolated coffee ..... Kitchen facilities for customers were disgusting with big buckets of scrapes left on the counter all day, no glass plate in the microwave

Apsley ski lodge was a wonderful stop. The owners were lovely and well informed the rooms were quaint with good value for money. The facilities were also well kept and free to use. We enjoyed our stay there very much and we look forward to returning one day :)

Really enjoyed my stay . Great team running the place