The Aquarium Hostel Reviews

Bethlen Gabor utca 8, 3rd floor, Budapest, Hungary

Very enjoyable stay in the most underrated capital in Europe. Close to major train station and gives great accessibility to all local/tourist hotspots. The manager, slash, was more than accommodating and helped us with any problems we had. Friendly, sociable atmosphere full of interesting things to do. I highly recommend this places for a true, family style, hostel experience!

We had a great ecperience AT the aquarium hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The location is very good near the metro and train station. The good price makes the value for money fantastic!!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great value for money, ideal for young backpackers looking for a cheap and clean place to stay. Slash is a top man! Highly recommended.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very dirty...Fecal matter on toilet seat for days. The guy was very unprofessional. He did not know where the locker keys were. He finally found one and asked to share it with me??I told him I wanted to extend so I didn't have to search for new hostel. He never put my booking in then received a group booking then kicked me out upon waking up w out a sorry. Unreal. VERY SKETCHY. The door was not locked once and the guy would leave for hours at a time. Like staying in a homeless shelter.

Unfair and untruthful review, but we are sorry for the neglet to book you one nught kore. By the way, if our hostel was so dirty,then why you did want to stay longer? ??

It's a really good hostel, in an excellent location. The staff is very friendly and nice. I don't have anything bad to say about this hostel.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Well I need to start with only one thing "THIS IS THE BEST PLACE YOU WILL FIND IN BUDAPEST" the owner it was so gently and the place so clean, it's like a house so you will spend amazing time here, you have train station, bus stop and markets so near to the place. In the house you have everything you want and so many things more. C'mon here and enjoy Budapest in the best place.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

We had lots of fun staying here despite how dirty the bathrooms are. The guy who owns it is quite the character, but very kind. We had a room all to ourselves with a beautiful view of the street. The kitchen was pretty nice and there was a washing machine, although you needed your own soap. There are some things that are a little rigged, like extension chords for the washing machine and fridge, but overall we liked staying here. There are a lot of stairs to climb to get to it, though.

The Hostel is totally renovated and every where is clean . I would recommend this place to all of you. Close to Railway station and a non stop shop which is downstairs. 100 meter away from public transports which you can rich all spots in Budapest. The owner is a kind man who i really appreciate his kindness .By the way , Burgerking and Macdonald is exactly next to you:)

• 6th Jul 2015

The hostel is around 3 min walk from the Budapest Keleti raiway station, which is perfect for those who does the transfer in Budapest. The hostel looks new because it is just restored. There are many restaurants, bars, supermarket nearby The owner of the hostel was hospitable. I booked 4 beds dorm and he upgraded my room to 2 beds dorm while the 2 beds dorm was empty. He also took me to a stall which served nice and cheap meals. i had a lovely stay at the hostel.

The hostel is located a bit distant but one of the "key" Pest streets and the downtown are absolutely walkable + there's a big beatiful park nearby, subway station, shops and restaurants. Owner is an absolutely welcoming person who gave us some useful traveling tips. The hostel is now being renovated, so you may experience some discomfort about it, but the new interior is promising to be very good! Despite that, available rooms are bright, big and clean. Super comfy beds!