The Aquarium Hostel Reviews

Bethlen Gabor utca 8, 3rd floor, Budapest, Hungary

We really enjoyed our stay here. The place is clean, spacious and has lots of natural light. Slash was such a great host- he gave us lots of good advice and was very welcoming.

Slash is the man! He made me feel very welcome and gave me some great advice about the city and was always giving the guest's a good time.

hostel itself had everything you need in a convenient location. But Slash made the whole experience so much more exciting!

First of all I would like to mention, that you will not find a hostel this good for this kind of money. It's extremely cheap. Next — the location. It is incredibly convinient for travellers arriving to Keleti station since the hostel is located in like 3 minutes walk from the station's gate. Manager Slash is extremely funny and helpful guy, who will make your stay here even better. The wi-fi in the hostel is better on the 3rd floor. Next time I am in Budapest — I will book Aquarium hostel again,

Stay at Aquarium Hostel was very nice. The staff is very friendly, has plenty of information if you ask for it and helps you around. It's near the keleti train station, so the location is excellent for travellers. Party people might prefer other places, this is a place to sleep - but a very good one :)

This hostel is made awesome by the fact that the one and only Tesla's makes it so. He's the chillest dude and always down for a yarn and some banter. Seriously nice dude and good at what he does. Even upgraded up for free when we arrived there which was wicked. Definitely will stay here again!

The hostel was in a good location with good transport links! However, the showers desperately need fixing - one is held to the wall my tape and the other one does not stay up! There is NO air con, but fans are provided throughout. Our room, despite having two fans, was stupidly hot and rather unbearable! The guy in charge of the running of the hostel was fab and makes sure everyone is ok , very helpful , and encourages a community feel in the hostel!!!

• 8th Aug 2015

Great hostel in very good location. Decent atmosphere and the manager, Slash, is a brilliant guy who went out of his way to help me. 24 hour supermarket downstairs and Keleti station a 2 minute walk away. The owner coúld do a few things to organise it better but I had a great time and would stay here again for sure.

Slash, who runs the hostel, is a really great guy. He's happy to help you with your problems, and is a lot of fun to be around. He also knows where all the good clubs are. A well-stocked kitchen makes preparing your own meals possible, and the fans in every room and the washing machine are a godsend. It could be a bit cleaner, but the beds where crispy clean. It's not very close to the city centre, but it's very accessible via metro and night bus. Overall: great atmosphere, and would stay again

• 3rd Aug 2015

The aquarium hostel is not a real hostel it is more a big flat with private rooms. When you arrive in this hostel the motto is "my home is your home" so it offers a lot of perks : you can cook in the kitchen, you can do the washing for free and go in and go out of the hostel when you want. It is a peaceful place and the staff is very nice and helpful.

Manager (slash) was a brilliant guy. Very welcoming and friendly, met lots of nice people. Definitely recommend and would could back here.

I was a bit lost on getting there but Slash, the person who manages the hostel helped me out. From then on, it was a really comfy stay. Slash actually bought me rice when I told him that I missed eating rice. He is my rice hero hehe.. I felt very at home being at this hostel I stayed at a different hostel for 4 nights and 2 nights here, big mistake, I should have spent all 6 nights here. Slash makes all the guests feel very relaxed and I enjoyed my stay. Thanks Slash, remain cool dude!!!

Great enviormrent very chilled. Good kitchen, with a washing machine you can use! Staff friendly and easy going and alwsys willing to help

• 20th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Very enjoyable stay in the most underrated capital in Europe. Close to major train station and gives great accessibility to all local/tourist hotspots. The manager, slash, was more than accommodating and helped us with any problems we had. Friendly, sociable atmosphere full of interesting things to do. I highly recommend this places for a true, family style, hostel experience!

We had a great ecperience AT the aquarium hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The location is very good near the metro and train station. The good price makes the value for money fantastic!!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great value for money, ideal for young backpackers looking for a cheap and clean place to stay. Slash is a top man! Highly recommended.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very dirty...Fecal matter on toilet seat for days. The guy was very unprofessional. He did not know where the locker keys were. He finally found one and asked to share it with me??I told him I wanted to extend so I didn't have to search for new hostel. He never put my booking in then received a group booking then kicked me out upon waking up w out a sorry. Unreal. VERY SKETCHY. The door was not locked once and the guy would leave for hours at a time. Like staying in a homeless shelter.

Unfair and untruthful review, but we are sorry for the neglet to book you one nught kore. By the way, if our hostel was so dirty,then why you did want to stay longer? ??

Found a guy sleeping on the lobby couch during my first night asking for the front door entry code. Creeped me out! Appears to be zero security, and the whole hostel is getting renovated, but that can mean extra beds show up in your room during the day. No real reception either, although the staff were nice enough to show up when I planned to arrive. The actual accommodations were okay, but if I were to come back to Budapest I would definitely avoid this place.

It's a really good hostel, in an excellent location. The staff is very friendly and nice. I don't have anything bad to say about this hostel.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Well I need to start with only one thing "THIS IS THE BEST PLACE YOU WILL FIND IN BUDAPEST" the owner it was so gently and the place so clean, it's like a house so you will spend amazing time here, you have train station, bus stop and markets so near to the place. In the house you have everything you want and so many things more. C'mon here and enjoy Budapest in the best place.

• 7th Jul 2015