The Aquarium Hostel Reviews

Bethlen Gabor utca 8, 3rd floor, Budapest, Hungary

We really enjoyed our stay here. The place is clean, spacious and has lots of natural light. Slash was such a great host- he gave us lots of good advice and was very welcoming.

Slash is the man! He made me feel very welcome and gave me some great advice about the city and was always giving the guest's a good time.

hostel itself had everything you need in a convenient location. But Slash made the whole experience so much more exciting!

First of all I would like to mention, that you will not find a hostel this good for this kind of money. It's extremely cheap. Next — the location. It is incredibly convinient for travellers arriving to Keleti station since the hostel is located in like 3 minutes walk from the station's gate. Manager Slash is extremely funny and helpful guy, who will make your stay here even better. The wi-fi in the hostel is better on the 3rd floor. Next time I am in Budapest — I will book Aquarium hostel again,

Stay at Aquarium Hostel was very nice. The staff is very friendly, has plenty of information if you ask for it and helps you around. It's near the keleti train station, so the location is excellent for travellers. Party people might prefer other places, this is a place to sleep - but a very good one :)

I didn't stay here. Had to cancel at the last minute

This hostel is made awesome by the fact that the one and only Tesla's makes it so. He's the chillest dude and always down for a yarn and some banter. Seriously nice dude and good at what he does. Even upgraded up for free when we arrived there which was wicked. Definitely will stay here again!

The hostel was in a good location with good transport links! However, the showers desperately need fixing - one is held to the wall my tape and the other one does not stay up! There is NO air con, but fans are provided throughout. Our room, despite having two fans, was stupidly hot and rather unbearable! The guy in charge of the running of the hostel was fab and makes sure everyone is ok , very helpful , and encourages a community feel in the hostel!!!

• 8th Aug 2015

Great hostel in very good location. Decent atmosphere and the manager, Slash, is a brilliant guy who went out of his way to help me. 24 hour supermarket downstairs and Keleti station a 2 minute walk away. The owner coúld do a few things to organise it better but I had a great time and would stay here again for sure.