The Architect Hostel Reviews

Calle Joaquin Guichot 8 1 Planta, Seville, Spain

We were 3 in the Architect hostal for 3 nights. It can't be more in the center, really next to the cathedral and not far from all the interesting things. It's a quiet place, and safe thanks to the reception 24h/24. It's clean, the kitchen is nice, with a big terrace. The negative point is the bathroom. There was just 1 shower/toilet (together) for 8 people, and the door didnt close. The price was quite high because we were there during a special weekend.

On the website, free breakfast is listed, but free breakfast is no longer available. Fantastic location, easy to walk to all sights. Located very close to great and affordable food places. Staff is super friendly and gave great recommendations for food. Would definitely stay here again!

It was a tiny bit hard to find as the sign is so small ! :) When you get buzzed in you are plunged into total darkness and it's not super clear where to go. A sensor light and a sign would be appreciated.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

No problems during my stay, except for the snoring guests in my room. They happily let me switch rooms (though guests in that room snored too). Oh well. Generally, the stay & the staff were nice. It'd probably be a good idea to get motion sensing lights in the area from the front door leading to the elevator (which goes to the hostel), as it was always pitch black in there. Also, they should put in a door between the bathroom/shower area and the rest of the hostel, to make it feel more private.

They are pretending to be so much more as they are. The pictures are totally different. No breakfast, the showers are cabines, where you have to walk to, pass the reception. The beds are Ikea and super poor matrasses. The bed taxtile is almost plastic, no breathing at all. There where hairs in the beds. The staff was most of the time in their computer, not really into making contact. Really disappointed.

• 13th Oct 2015

Overall I was satisfied with my stay, spacious kitchen, nice terrace to chill, location superb, and really helpful staff. What was little bothering to me, was the fact that bathroom door didn't lock, same problem with the dorm door - if you didn't lock it with the key it was opening. Luckily the hostel isn't big so I felt secure,but this should get fixed. I would stay again if I visited Sevilla, it was nice, though considering the overall spartan conditions (room + bathroom), bit expensive.

A great location very close to the Cathedral. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean. The rooms are fine, though more plug sockets and individual lights would be very helpful. The walking tour by Mede was fantastic. Would thoroughly recommend both the morning and evening tours to travellers. I would stay here again.

The hostel is so nice! Everything was perfectly clen!, the lockers are really big and you can lock your room too so it's pretty safe. The staff is really nice and helpful and the location is so convenient!!

Great staff!

It has perfect location. You can reach tourists attraction by walking. You can easily find restaurant/bar outside the hosel as it's in center. The staff was only friendly and very helpful. The room and the bathroom were also very clean. The only problem is I got a room in the lowest floor, and there's no light at all. So i have to turn on my flashlight when I want to go to my room. Overall, it's very good hostel!

they said hostel has 24 hour reception, but I can't find any staff in the early morning. it made me waiting for staff to tell something I want.. anyway location is good. very close to cathedral, easy to take a taxi. room was a little bit damp. but not uncomfortable.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • South Korea

I had an amazing stay at Hostel One. It was my fourth hostel that I have stayed in in Seville. By far, it was my best experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They created a great atmosphere where you could meet new people from all over the world. The free dinners at night were also a great way to meet other travelers. The staff was nice enough to take us out for drinks every night after dinner. Julian, in particular, went out of his way to help us and we are very appreciative.

• 19th Sep 2015

Booked on the day after ringing about 1000 hostels so we were just happy to get a room. It was clean and the location was great but there was only one private bathroom cubical in the communal bit so hard to find privacy!

The location is excellent, although the street noise does run late into the night. The staff were very helpful. I was expecting breakfast to be included as stated on their website, this is no longer provided.

I thought the staff, particularly Merce and Rebecca, were wonderful! It doesn't have much to offer by way of common space though. Also the majority of the rooms (all of them?) were empty but they put 4 people in our shared 4 person room, which is understandable but was cramped and unnecessary. Would recommend though!

A nice little hostel well located near the famous Giralda, The staff was nice and I met some quite interesting folks while there since the atmosphere was really nice. In terms of facilities and etc, it was well equipped, with OK bathrooms and individual lockers for each bed.

The Architect Hostel was very conveniently located - it was right in the centre of town and everything was less than a 5-minute walk away such as the Cathedral and Alcazar palace. It is also very secure and comfortable - the staff were always happy to help and I loved how they had a welcome board with the name of the incoming guests each day. Each person had a locker in their room and the rooms were clean. There was a kitchen upstairs with free breakfast and a rooftop as well.