The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

A good hostel with a great location. The kitchen has good facilities and is kept clean. The dorms are basic and clean. The staff are really helpful and friendly

The Attic is on the 5th floor of a building in downtown Auckland. Entry to the hostel has good signage from street level, and a rather terrifying elevator with manually operated doors. Room was surprisingly quiet despite busy downtown location; spacious kitchen and outdoor but covered eating area. Washing machines and dryers available in the afternoons were a huge plus.

• 6th Jan 2015

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Our "terrifying" elevator is a little old-school, but it is perfectly safe and a lot of guests enjoy the old-fashioned lift. :) We are glad to hear you enjoyed our facilities and communal areas. We hope to see you again should you be back through Auckland. The Attic Team.

Had a brilliant time for my first hostel when travelling on my own. The fact they had a chill out area after the kitchen closed was brilliant as it meant you could still be sociable without having to go out to bars etc. Would definitely stay here again... And the staff are lovely people :)

Hi. Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear we were able to provide you with a fantastic stay for your first time traveling on your own. Its always good to hear our staff were helpful and friendly. We hope to see you again in the future. The Attic Team.

Lovely vibe And Great Patio!

Hi! Thanks for the review. We are glad you loved the vibe of our hostel and our outdoor patio! Safe travels on the rest of your journey! The Attic Team.

The Attic was the first hostel I have ever stayed in and was my base after landing in Auckland. The place was very clean, rooms were well maintained. Excellent location as it was a block from my bus stop and just minutes from bars, grocery store and the CBD. Only negative I saw coming in was the Atmosphere and I disagree as the majority of people staying here as well were very friendly.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We are glad we could provide a great place for your first hostel experience and that you found the people staying with us friendly. We hope you continue to have similar experiences as you travel around. And hope to see you again if you are back in Auckland. The Attic Team.

Good vibe. Nice people all around. No air conditioning in my room but no real need at night. Nice bathrooms complete with vanity, showers and toilets. Big kitchen and storage area. Great location near sky tower. Overall nice time!

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear you found our hostel to have a good vibe with nice people and nice facilities. The Sky Tower just up the road is definitely a nice perk. Safe travels on the rest of your trip! The Attic Team.

A good, fairly well kept hostel. Nice kitchen and pretty good bathrooms. My only qualm would be its kind of boring. Other than that, I had a good stay.

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear you found our hostel good and well kept. However we are sorry to hear you found it boring. With being located in the center of the city there are lots of things to do during the day and in the evening which leaves the hostel quiet at times. We hope to see you back if you should return to Auckland. The Attic Team.

Loved loved loved this hostel. It was one of the best hostels I've stayed in New Zealand. We had a twin bed private room with shared facilities. the bathroom was cleaned on a regular basis and the kitchen was pristine. My only complaint is that they would need to add ceiling fans in the room as it is pretty hot. i can't imagine how hot it gets in the summer months...

Nice staff ,clean kitchen,excellect location. I will be back to Attic if I have chance to visit Aucland again.

They don't have free breakfast either free WiFi. Only 3 hours of free WiFi, then you have to pay for it.

Enjoyed my 2nd visit stay, confusion on room I booked as it seemed room was over booked. But it was all sorted thank goodness and managed to get a bed for a few nights :-)

Fantastic hostel !! Staff, facility's and rooms are fantastic, massive kitchen with all the mod cons, great deck area to have a drinks with other hostelers. Highly recommend this joint

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again if you are in Auckland! The Attic Team

Fantastic! Only downside, we were in room 1 right by the entrance and no one in the dorm used the lock on the door as it was one of the ones you had to push a button in to make it lock. I can see the point of convenience but as it is near the entrance it needs a self-locking door. The main doors to the building and the hostel do have codes but guests at the hostel could still end up letting anyone in.

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have set the door knobs to rooms to be self-locking. However, they do tend to work themselves loose as guests go in and out of the rooms over time. It is ultimately up to the guests in the rooms to lock the doors as they leave. We hope to see you again if you are in Auckland. The Attic Team

Showers were spacious and clean. The rooms were extremely clean and neat as well. Location-wise, it's easily accessible, right next to Queens street where all the pubs, shops and eateries are. There's a cinema right across the street as well. Such a delight to stay here!

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear you found our hostel clean and tidy. The central location is ideal for almost any activity you would like to do, whether that's bars/restaurants, movies, or museums. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future! The Attic Team

Was a great hostel to stay in - lovely and clean and quite which is rare for the CBD :)

Best hostel ive stayed at so far on my trip, clean, extremely central, helpful and friendly staff and generally great hostel....even had communal hairdryer and straighteners!!

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and customer service and are glad you found our hostel to have both of these. The girls, even the one's on staff, love the hair dryers and straighteners too. We look forward to welcoming you back if you find yourself in Auckland in the future. The Attic Team

Really sweet and helpful staff! Great place and location. Not really a party hostel, people seem to keep to themselves. However, still managed to get a good group going on their outdoor patio with a few beers. Incredibly clean kitchen. Bathrooms are a little janky.

• 9th Dec 2014

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you found our staff sweet and friendly as we pride ourselves on our customer service. With plenty of pubs and bars in the city most go out into the city if they are looking to have drinks and party. I am sorry to hear you didn't find the bathrooms to your standards, they are professionally cleaned every night and checked hourly by our staff. The Attic Team

absolutely loved my stay here! I stayed in a private room but i was still able to meet a few people here. Would definitely recommend.

Hi. Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to make a few friends while here. We have several communal areas that are great for making friends even if you are staying in a private room. Safe travels! The Attic Team

Not a bad hostel. Some staff are great but others a bit grumpy. Wifi is only free for 3 hours then you have to buy. Good kitchen facilities and showers. Bedrooms are fine, no character whatsoever just beds in a white room! But other areas of the hostel have more atmosphere. All in all I've not found a better AKL hostel but theres room for improvement.

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear you found some of our staff to be grumpy, as we pride ourselves on our customer service. 3-hours of free wifi is a perk we give to all guests upon check-in; most hostels you have to pay for wifi from the beginning. Our communal areas are great for atmosphere and meeting other guests. We hope you stay with us again should you return to Auckland. The Attic Team

Good clean place good for familys

• 5th Dec 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5