The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

Especially the staff was incredible friendly and helpful!

• 14th Apr 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in in Auckland, completely smashes Base and the YMCA out of the water! Amazing staff, facilities and people, even though I only stayed for a couple of nights. Great atmosphere, would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 5th Apr 2015

Hi! Thanks for leaving us an awesome review! We love to hear our guests are enjoying their time with us! We hope to see you at The Attic again! Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Not as good as I thought after having read the hostel World reviews. The sheet on my bed was really dirty and the shower was cold. That was unfortunate.

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We always welcome feedback so we can improve our facilities and service. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. The Attic Team

great hostel in town centre, easy to get to and from transport to more beautiful places than Auckland :)

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad to hear our you enjoyed our hostel and found it to be in a great location for exploring Auckland. We hope to see you again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

great stay in auckland and friendly staff (espacially james). clean rooms and comfy beds.

Really nice hostel. In de middle of the centrum:)

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hostel and its central location. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Cool place to stay for a couple of days. Very clean hostel, spacious kitchen. It would have been nice to have a personal locker in the room but locker room was better than nothing.

No lockers to keep your stuff safe. It would be great if they could something about it. Rooms very hot and poor ventilation (rooms smell like the cave of a tiger) that could be prevented with better ventilation. Lift very old and non reliable (one fellow traveller was trapped for over an hour) and i had struggled with the lift 3 times of the 4 times i used it (i walked another 4 times for safety reasons). Location is great. Big kitchen and communal toilets/showers. Staff very very helpful.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our kitchen and common areas and found our staff to be helpful. We are sorry to hear you had a difficult time with our lift, we have now had this issue fixed. Lockers are available for use in the hostel and are also free to use with your own lock. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

An issue I had with the hostel was that the code lock on the outside door to the hostel wasn't working when I was trying to the enter the building at ~11:00PM. I was waiting outside for at least 30 minutes before someone opened from the door inside the building allowing me in. I mentioned this issue to the one of the hostel staff the following day and I was met with a response of 'oh yeah that happens sometimes' implying that they aren't too bothered about the issue.

Good hostel, great location and staff. Room was a tad hot but not bad

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our hostel and location. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Fantastic. Probably the best hostel I have been to in NZ - and I've been to a lot! Very friendly staff, good atmosphere and perfect location. Quiet too, not a crazy party hostel which is nice.

Hi, Thanks for an awesome review! We always like to hear our guests found our hostel to be a great place to stay!! Hope to see you again should you return to Auckland! Safe Travels, The Attic Team

A fantastic hostel in central Auckland. Conveniently located for the airport bus and Kiwi Experience bus stops. The hostel is clean, with good facilities. Hair dryer and straighteners in the bathroom are an added bonus too. Staff were very friendly and helpful as well. Great stay.

I just spent one night. Was okay about security, staff and cleanliness. Very well located. Good bed and shower. It worth the money.

It is a central location which is great. Paid wifi. good kitchen. Nice and relaxed common space.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our kitchen and common areas. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Great place to stay even if you are not a traditional "backpacker".

• 13th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel is nice and quiet, everything you need is at hand and it's right in the city center. Downside is that the kitchen is locked at night. I had to get up early to get my bus but couldn't get to the fridge to take my groceries. Had to leave all of them behind which cost me a lot of money :(

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hostel and location. We do apologize that you had to leave your food behind, however we do ensure it is made clear to all guests that our kitchen is closed for cleaning from 11pm-7am and encourage guests to remove their food before 11pm if checking out early. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

The facility itself isn't bad, though they charge for internet access. However, when I left property behind they refused to mail it back to me, even though I said I would pay for the shipping. Clearly, customer service is not their priority here.

staff very helpful and polite, good value for money and good place in Auckland to be :)

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thought us to be a stand out Auckland Hostel. We pride ourselves on our customer service so we are happy to hear you found our staff to be helpful and polite. We look forward to having you stay with us again. The Attic Team.

They close the public outside area by 11 which is pretty annoying as you cannot go anywhere else exepct your room after 11pm.

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review. Unfortunately we cannot keep the outdoor area open 24 hours as we need to be considerate to fellow travelers and the hotel downstairs with the noise levels. However we can definitely recommend things do outside the hostel after these hours if you are wanting to get out and about. We hope you choose to stay with us again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Really well presented hostel with good facilities but it witnessed staff being quite rude on a regular basis, which diminished from my stay. I would return though.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are glad you enjoyed our hostel and facilities. With regards to our staff, We do apologize if you thought any of our staff were rude and if you would like to email us with more information, we can look into it further. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Auckland. The Attic Team.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6