The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

the staff are incredibly helpful when it comes to booking onward travel or day trips - such an AWESOME team! The hostel itself has a good location and is clean, I would go back the next time I'm in auckland.

Hey! Thank you so so much for your review! We are so happy that you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! And that you will be returning!! We can't wait to welcome you here again soon! :) Our staff are super helpful in making sure you have everything you need to make your trip awesome!!! :) Enjoy your travels and see you soon! The Attic Team! :)

Couldn't fault the staff! They were all lovely and happy to help. Loved our stay there!! Really central location. Nice old elevator to the top. 3hrs free wifi to start and really affordable after that. Huge kitchen with everything you could need. Outdoor area and lounge area plenty of spaces to hang out. Showers were spot on too! Would definitely stay again if I'm ever back in Auckland

Hey! Thank you so much for such an awesome review! We really appreciate it! :) We are super happy to hear you had a great stay with us! Our staff are awesome, making sure you have the best stay possible! :) Thank you so much for saying you would recommend us to fellow travelers! That's the best news! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

great spot in the centre of Auckland. really easy to get to and from the airport and other city links. the rooms are a good size and the facilities are great with hair dryer and straighteners in the bathroom. staff are fantastic, very friendly and helpful. kitchen is a good size.

Hey! Thank you for leaving us a review! :) We are really happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! We are really centrally located, which means that everything you may need is at your fingertips! :) Our rooms are spacious, as are our social spaces, which makes it super easy to socialize with fellow guests! :) Our staff are second to none, and we are so glad that you thought so too! Enjoy the rest of your travels! The Attic Team :)

1st experience of a NZ hostel. Staff helpful. Front lounge was cold, despite the radiators. Needed an extra blanket for the dorms. Hot showers plus hairdryer and straighteners!! People wash up badly so you are always having to clean utensils. Mix between long and short stays so not as sociable.

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review. Our staff go out there way to help guests any way possible. It is cold at the moment thats why we encourage guests to use full use of our extras we have (Blankets and water bottles). When guests check in we do ask them to wash up after themselves so sorry you had to wash what they couldn't. We do have long term guests but they are still very sociable and easy to approach. Hope to see you again on you return! The Attic team :)

Asked reception about park they just no parking no more info she pretty much walked away

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry that the staff wasn't as informative as normal. We ensure staff training is done for parking availability in the CBD and surrounding areas. Hope see to see again. The Attic team :)

Loved the staffstaff, Clean and good fun having beers on the roof top. Didn't want to leave

Hi Jake, Thanks for the review! We like the roof top as guests all socialize with a few beers because its a good way to meet people. We also offer other social areas to chill so there is a place in the hostel for everyone no matter what your doing. Look forward to seeing you again! The Attic Team :)

Awesome place to start a trip!

Hey! Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you had an awesome start to your trip! We hope the rest of your travels were as awesome! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

A good price A good location in the center of Auckland Staff excellent Limited Wifi is a minus point because even if the people should go out and explore the city, a lot of them are long enough away from home that they have the need to communicate with family and friends sometimes. There are other ways to earn a few more $. Anyway I would come back even if it's only for Father Ted's Irish Pub around the corner!

Hi, Thanks for taking time out to leave us review. We are happy that you had a good stay at The Attic. Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the WIFI, We are actually one of the cheapest hostels for WIFI and the whole of New Zealand do charge as well. Father ted's is always a good place to listen to some music and drink, and its our local :) Look forward to seeing you again. The Attic team :)

The staff was very helpful and took the time to help me plan the rest of my NZ journey. Great facilities and central location right off he bus line to the airport.

Hi Harry, Thank you for your time to leave us a review! We are more then happy to help plan your trip in New Zealand. We always try our hardest to help all of our guests to have a trouble free and action packed time travelling around New Zealand. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again! Safe travels! The Attic Team :)

Hated the lift, and wasn't working when I wanted to check out

Hey! Thanks for the review! We are sorry about the experience you had with our lift; we try as hard as we can to get people to close it properly by putting in a sign which states that people are to close the doors when they exit the lift. We will try and resolve the problem some more and see whether that improves! Thanks for the review! The Attic Team :)

This was by far the best hostel I stayed during my trip to New Zealand. Definitely if I come back to Auckland I had no doubt I would pick this hostel again. As an improvement comment, which is not big, but could be added, I was expecting some lockers inside each room as I had in most of the hostels. But again, this is just a small comment which didn't affect my perception of the hostel. I really loved my stay in the Attic Backpackers.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us an awesome review! We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! And we hope to welcome you back here again soon! Regarding your feedback; we will talk about this possibility, but we do have lockers already in the hostel :) They are in a separate room to the bedrooms, but they are under 24 hour surveillance :) Thanks again for leaving us a review! Take care! The Attic Team :)

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hostel had a lot to offer (e.g. kitchen facilities, lockers to store valuables, a chill room to relax). The price seemed reasonable but I haven't stayed at enough hostels to make any sort of comparison.

• 30th Jun 2015

Hey! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review! We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! We have really clean and spacious facilities; which are regularly checked to insure all is up to standards :) As our hostel is quite small, it makes it super easy for our guests to socialize with fellow travelers! Thanks again for leaving us a review! Take care!

Good hostel in a prime location in Auckland, right by Queen Street and a minute walk from the Sky Tower.

all good expect kitchen really messy overflowing rubbish & chaos. Toilets & shower good, rooms good, but need to actually provide extra blankets in room, was cold & when you go to bed after 11.00pm & need a blanket you can't go downstairs & ask for an extra one. PROVDE IT IN THE ROOM IN WINTER. TV lounge nothing to get excited about, flattened bean bags & no nice couches. Staff okay but when I didn't have my glasses & couldn't read the code to get in , they didn't need to make me feel stupid

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Hey! Thanks for the review.I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us. The kitchen should be regularly checked to prevent situations like this from arising; I will talk to my staff who were on duty that day about it. The reason we ask for a deposit for the blankets is because we have had a few situations where they have been stolen; so we now have to be really cautious. I am sorry that you felt the staff belittled you, I shall talk to them all. Take Care. The Attic Team.

I may be biased because I have stayed in a lot of hostels in New Zealand and around the world that were great. This was just good, nothing special. Great location and mellow.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review! We are happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay with us here at The Attic! We are a really chilled out hostel with a really relaxed vibe :) We have really clean facilities; which are regularly checked to insure all is up to standards :) Thanks again for leaving us a review! Enjoy the rest of your travels! Take care! The Attic Team :)

Really liked it here! Very clean, lovely comfortable beds, spacious bathrooms and fully equipped kitchen!! Thought it was great.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are super happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us! :) We regularly carry out checks of our facilities, which means they are really clean :) Our beds are said to be some of the comfiest people have slept in! :) We hope to welcome you here at The Attic again soon! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

Please, just free wifi

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! Upon check in, all guests receive a free 3 hour log in/log off WiFi. We do charge for WiFi after that expires, but our prices are low in comparison to other hostel throughout New Zealand. Enjoy the rest of your travels! The Attic Team :)

Probably the best hostel in downtown Auckland. Only real complaint is the staff can be super chummy with long term guests, making short term guests feel a bit out of place. Also, the cleaning staff starts cleaning dorm rooms before check out time, annoyingly opening window curtains when guests are still sleeping. It appears they've gotten new cleaners so this is hopefully no longer an issue.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a lovely review! :) We are super happy that you believe we are the best downtown hostel in Auckland. We are sorry that you feel the staff here are a little closed with our long term guests; we will have a discussion about this and make sure that everyone is aware of this. We are sorry that the staff made you feel this way :( We have indeed got new cleaners, and we only let them access the room once everyone has checked out :) Happy travels! The Attic Team :)

Great location in the middle of lots of stuff. Pros: The staff is one of the friendliest I have ever encountered. The kitchen is large and clean. The travel desk was really helpful in figuring out what to do in Auckland and other areas of New Zealand. Cons: The rooms can get quite chilly at night during the winter months. If you get too cold, the front desk has thicker blankets (deposit required). Some showers lacked hooks for hanging things, which really isn't that big of a deal.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here, and that you found our staff to be the friendliest you have every encountered!! What an honor! :) We are really happy to hear that our travel desk agents were able to help you with your New Zealand plans, and that you are having a good time in New Zealand! :) We are currently in the process of getting more hooks for the bathroom :) Thanks for the awesome review! The Attic Team :)

A nice hostel, quite cold though! Beds are comfotable and the kitchen is great. Wifi was pretty poor while we were there.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! :) We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We are sorry to hear you found the rooms a little on the chilly side and that the WiFi connection was poor when you came to use it. You can hire a blanket for a small deposit at Reception, and also the internet can become really busy during the evening, as people tend to contact home at this time. We are sorry for this! :( Hope to see you back again at The Attic! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5