The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

Good hostel in a prime location in Auckland, right by Queen Street and a minute walk from the Sky Tower.

all good expect kitchen really messy overflowing rubbish & chaos. Toilets & shower good, rooms good, but need to actually provide extra blankets in room, was cold & when you go to bed after 11.00pm & need a blanket you can't go downstairs & ask for an extra one. PROVDE IT IN THE ROOM IN WINTER. TV lounge nothing to get excited about, flattened bean bags & no nice couches. Staff okay but when I didn't have my glasses & couldn't read the code to get in , they didn't need to make me feel stupid

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Hey! Thanks for the review.I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us. The kitchen should be regularly checked to prevent situations like this from arising; I will talk to my staff who were on duty that day about it. The reason we ask for a deposit for the blankets is because we have had a few situations where they have been stolen; so we now have to be really cautious. I am sorry that you felt the staff belittled you, I shall talk to them all. Take Care. The Attic Team.

Really liked it here! Very clean, lovely comfortable beds, spacious bathrooms and fully equipped kitchen!! Thought it was great.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are super happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us! :) We regularly carry out checks of our facilities, which means they are really clean :) Our beds are said to be some of the comfiest people have slept in! :) We hope to welcome you here at The Attic again soon! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

Please, just free wifi

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! Upon check in, all guests receive a free 3 hour log in/log off WiFi. We do charge for WiFi after that expires, but our prices are low in comparison to other hostel throughout New Zealand. Enjoy the rest of your travels! The Attic Team :)

Probably the best hostel in downtown Auckland. Only real complaint is the staff can be super chummy with long term guests, making short term guests feel a bit out of place. Also, the cleaning staff starts cleaning dorm rooms before check out time, annoyingly opening window curtains when guests are still sleeping. It appears they've gotten new cleaners so this is hopefully no longer an issue.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a lovely review! :) We are super happy that you believe we are the best downtown hostel in Auckland. We are sorry that you feel the staff here are a little closed with our long term guests; we will have a discussion about this and make sure that everyone is aware of this. We are sorry that the staff made you feel this way :( We have indeed got new cleaners, and we only let them access the room once everyone has checked out :) Happy travels! The Attic Team :)

Great location in the middle of lots of stuff. Pros: The staff is one of the friendliest I have ever encountered. The kitchen is large and clean. The travel desk was really helpful in figuring out what to do in Auckland and other areas of New Zealand. Cons: The rooms can get quite chilly at night during the winter months. If you get too cold, the front desk has thicker blankets (deposit required). Some showers lacked hooks for hanging things, which really isn't that big of a deal.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here, and that you found our staff to be the friendliest you have every encountered!! What an honor! :) We are really happy to hear that our travel desk agents were able to help you with your New Zealand plans, and that you are having a good time in New Zealand! :) We are currently in the process of getting more hooks for the bathroom :) Thanks for the awesome review! The Attic Team :)

A nice hostel, quite cold though! Beds are comfotable and the kitchen is great. Wifi was pretty poor while we were there.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! :) We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We are sorry to hear you found the rooms a little on the chilly side and that the WiFi connection was poor when you came to use it. You can hire a blanket for a small deposit at Reception, and also the internet can become really busy during the evening, as people tend to contact home at this time. We are sorry for this! :( Hope to see you back again at The Attic! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

We stayed at The Attic Backpackers for three nights. The first night we stayed in a six person dorm and then the next night we had to upgrade to a two person dorm because there was no other rooms available. Our overall experience was great! The location was perfect for traveling and seeing downtown Auckland. The Attic has a great kitchen area and TV room. Very clean hostel. The only drawback is that there are no heaters making it cold in winter & some of the front staff are not overly friendly!

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Attic! Our facilities are very clean and spacious, giving you the ultimate comfort possible :) We are sorry that you thought it was cold in the hostel; It's been the coldest winter for 10 years here in Auckland; we do have blankets that guests can hire for a refundable deposit. Take care and enjoy the rest of your travels in New Zealand! The Attic Team :)

I have literally no bad things to say about this hostel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They helped me and my sister plan our trip in New Zealand even though we had limited time and were on a budget. The facilities are great and very inexpensive. I definitely recommend this place for anyone staying in Auckland, the location is impeccable.

Hey! Thank you so much for the awesome review you have left us here! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and that you have NOTHING bad to say about us! :D Our staff work hard around the clock to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible! :) Our Travel Desk is great for our guests, allowing you to book heaps of activities and accommodation! :) Our facilities are checked regularly, which means they are super clean :) Thank you again for the review! The Attic Teams :)

Good location in the city center. Would stay again.

Hey! Thanks for taking time out to leave us a review! We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! We are very centrally located to CBD! We hope to welcome you here at The Attic! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

I loved my stay at the Attic! The staff were really accommodating and friendly, shout out to Dennis! The kitchen and common area was very cozy as well. Unfortunately, the hostel was freezing... there was no heater and it was bone chilling cold. Take some warm clothes, or call ahead to make sure they have added a heater to their hostel. Highly recommend the place though!

• 27th May 2015

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! :) We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Attic. Our facilities are very clean and spacious, which is a great for our guests! We are sorry you felt that the hostel was cold; Auckland hasn't been as cold as it has been recently for at least 10 years! But we have blankets that you can hire for a small deposit, which will be returned to our guests when they check out :) Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team :)

I spent some weeks at the Attic at the start of my working holiday and I found the hostel to be clean, with friendly staff and with a great location. The staff was very helpful and helped me out with a lot of the things I needed to sort out for my stay in New Zealand. It is great to have staff that is in a similar position as you and can help you out. Thanks to the Attic team for everything! Marvin, Razz, Becka, James, Dennis and Charlotte, thanks guys!

Getting to the hostel from the airport is pretty easy and it's in a nice location. The elevator is a bit weird and people have gotten stuck there, but the alternative is the set of stairs (hostel is on the 5th floor). The bathrooms were really clean and nice (awesome showers). Kitchen was alright and there is a cool patio area to hang out in. People weren't really around/being social while I was there but it's an off season. The staff helped me sort out my travel plans so that was cool.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are happy to hear you had a great time with us! Our lift has recently been repaired and is now working really well :) We have really clean facilities, which are checked on an hourly basis! :) We are happy to hear that you managed to sort out your travel plans with us! We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! Thanks again for the review! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

Had a great stay. Place was clean. People were very helpful.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Philippines

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a lovely review! We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us, and that the hostel was clean and that our staff were friendly! We try our hardest to make sure you have the best stay possible! Hopefully see you again soon here at The Attic! Happy Travels! The Attic Team! :)

We had a really good to eat the attic backpackers, firstly it was a great location in Auckland. The staff were all so helpful and friendly, the beds and quilt were super comfy. There was lots of places the chill, the kitchen was big and really clean. We really loved our two nights here so we are returning to this hostel when we return to Auckland!!

Hey! Thanks for leaving us an awesome review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic, and that we will have you here staying again in the future! :) We are really centrally located, with everything you need close by :) Our facilities are spacious and clean, and our beds are super comfortable! :) Thanks again for the review! And we will see you again soon! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

Atmosphere was a little bland. Overall cleanliness was good. Although Auckland is a little lame the Attic was in a very good location. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially the travel agent Raz. He got me hooked up with a good deal on a Stray bus. I booked for 7 nights but left two nights early on my Stray tour and they allowed me to carry over my two remaining nights for when I came back, I appreciated that.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review! We are sorry that you thought our atmosphere was a little bland; our aim is to make the hostel a cozy and homely atmosphere, and we hope that we make that happen when you come and stay with us again :) We are very centrally located within the CBD area, which means that everything from Bars to shops are close at hand :) We are happy to hear that you are currently doing a stray tour! We hope you have a really awesome time! The Attic Team.

It is overall a very pleasant hostel. sometimes it only smells a little bit. I suggest that the cleaner and the reception should check that weekly. Women shower should be cleaned 2nd time after everybody leaving around 10-11am.

Hey, Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic! :) We understand a room full of people can sometimes create unpleasant smells, so now we open the windows for a short period to air out the room, and when we do housekeeping checks, we spray air freshener in every room too, Staff are required to check bathrooms hourly, so we will mention this again to them. Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team

Great spot in Auckland, was very close to everything in the city. Kind of up on one of the many hills, but apparently a lot cleaner than some of the other backpackers/hostels. The facilities were fine, no complaint, the rooms were clean, walls a little on the thin side but which hostel walls aren't? Great experience, very helpful staff, would definitely reccommend if staying in Auckland. Also VERY close to the university and student housing if visiting anyone.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic! :) We are a very centrally located hostel, close to all amenities in the CBD area. Our staff are very hard-working, and are very approachable too, and we are glad that you recognized that too :) We hope to welcome you here at The Attic again soon! Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team :)

Absolutely loved our stay at The Attic, we stayed in a private twin room upon arriving in NZ and it was lovely. Unfortunately it was just a bit too expensive for us so we've moved elsewhere, but it's definitely worth the money. Clean, comfortable, beds had soft sheets, great chill out area, clean kitchen with loads of utensils, terrace area, towels provided, there was even straighteners and a hair dryer for use in the girls loos. They think of everything. Perfect, thank you!!

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Attic! We always like to make sure we cater to the needs of all guests so they can spend time enjoying all Auckland has to offer! We hope you are enjoying your travels! Take care, The Attic Team

The Attic Backpackers is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great, helpful, reliable staff, clean faciilities, friendly travellers. They also have a sweet patio. The Attic is the right amount of socializing and partying without getting too rowdy. Next time I'm in Auckland I will definitely be at the attic.

• 7th May 2015

Hey! Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic! :) Our hostel has a very homely atmosphere, which makes it easy to socialize with fellow travelers and guests. Our patio is a great social space, and allows you to chill out and enjoy the company of others! We look forward to welcoming you here again at The Attic in the future :) Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6