The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

We were there for the Bledisloe cup (All Blacks vs Australia) so it was a very bust night for the hostel and they had a lot of one night stays (including us). Unfortunately we were kept awake a lot of the night due to very drunk travelers screaming and crying outside our room. Not great when you pay $84 for a room. However this isn't the staff's fault although I expected there to be a night warden as we were in the CBD just off of Queen st. The room was adequate and the facilities were good.

• 15th Aug 2015

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review. That weekend we had a few issue with guests. They were addressed in the morning. We do have a night warden on site that has an emergency phone that no one called surprisingly. We can assure you that it is not normally like this. If you ever return we would love to offer you a free night a gesture of good will. Hope to see you soon! The Attic team :)

Average hostel, the common area didn't seem that inviting. There were enough facilities around but not very much to make it stand out.

Hi Daniel, thanks for leaving us a review. We are sorry that the common areas didn't feel that inviting. We do try an encourage socializing with the layout of our hostel but not everyone wants to socialize unfortunately. We do hope that you come back at a later date and have a better stay :) The Attic team! :)

a bit cold in room

• 8th Aug 2015

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are sorry you experienced a cold stay during your time here at The Attic! We do rent out hot water bottles and blankets for a small refundable deposit, which will warm you up quite nicely during your stay! Enjoy the rest of New Zealand! The Attic Team :)

I am glad that staff there are very nice and helpful, but the the atmosphere just very cold, people barely talk to each other. Only 1 thing I cannot accept is no hot shower during winter (good strategy to save water though).

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are happy to hear that you thought our staff are really helpful and friendly! We are sorry to hear that you had a cold shower while you were here. We promise that this is not a move in order to conserve more water, it might have just been a slight temperature delay from boiler to shower. We are sorry that you thought the atmosphere was a little cold too; we aim to make it as easy as possible to socialize. Take Care! The Attic Team :)

Great location, great facilities, great staff- only problem was the cleaning crew who came into the women's bathrooms at midnight. They didn't seem to care that I was coming out of the shower and there were 3 guys just cleaning along nbd. I was a little disturbed by the fact they didn't leave the room when I was only in a towel and even waited in the bathroom until I moved all my stuff. Other than that problem, everything (everyone) else was great!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are sorry that you didn't have a positive experience with our cleaning team at night; I'll address that situation when I see them this evening. However, we are happy to hear that that experience did not affect the rest of your stay! We hope you have a great time in New Zealand and with the rest of your travels! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

the staff are incredibly helpful when it comes to booking onward travel or day trips - such an AWESOME team! The hostel itself has a good location and is clean, I would go back the next time I'm in auckland.

Hey! Thank you so so much for your review! We are so happy that you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! And that you will be returning!! We can't wait to welcome you here again soon! :) Our staff are super helpful in making sure you have everything you need to make your trip awesome!!! :) Enjoy your travels and see you soon! The Attic Team! :)

Couldn't fault the staff! They were all lovely and happy to help. Loved our stay there!! Really central location. Nice old elevator to the top. 3hrs free wifi to start and really affordable after that. Huge kitchen with everything you could need. Outdoor area and lounge area plenty of spaces to hang out. Showers were spot on too! Would definitely stay again if I'm ever back in Auckland

Hey! Thank you so much for such an awesome review! We really appreciate it! :) We are super happy to hear you had a great stay with us! Our staff are awesome, making sure you have the best stay possible! :) Thank you so much for saying you would recommend us to fellow travelers! That's the best news! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

Nice stay here - you pay for what you get. The beds were the comfiest we have had in months, good kitchen facilities (shame about some messy guests) showers are nice and has a quiet communal area. Great location.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We do have some super comfy beds and the kitchen is very well equipped for what ever you want to cook. Unfortunately we do have some messy guests but we do try a clean up after them because other guests shouldn't have to deal with that as well. Hope see you another time. The Attic team :)

great spot in the centre of Auckland. really easy to get to and from the airport and other city links. the rooms are a good size and the facilities are great with hair dryer and straighteners in the bathroom. staff are fantastic, very friendly and helpful. kitchen is a good size.

Hey! Thank you for leaving us a review! :) We are really happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! We are really centrally located, which means that everything you may need is at your fingertips! :) Our rooms are spacious, as are our social spaces, which makes it super easy to socialize with fellow guests! :) Our staff are second to none, and we are so glad that you thought so too! Enjoy the rest of your travels! The Attic Team :)

1st experience of a NZ hostel. Staff helpful. Front lounge was cold, despite the radiators. Needed an extra blanket for the dorms. Hot showers plus hairdryer and straighteners!! People wash up badly so you are always having to clean utensils. Mix between long and short stays so not as sociable.

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review. Our staff go out there way to help guests any way possible. It is cold at the moment thats why we encourage guests to use full use of our extras we have (Blankets and water bottles). When guests check in we do ask them to wash up after themselves so sorry you had to wash what they couldn't. We do have long term guests but they are still very sociable and easy to approach. Hope to see you again on you return! The Attic team :)

Asked reception about park they just no parking no more info she pretty much walked away

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry that the staff wasn't as informative as normal. We ensure staff training is done for parking availability in the CBD and surrounding areas. Hope see to see again. The Attic team :)

Loved the staffstaff, Clean and good fun having beers on the roof top. Didn't want to leave

Hi Jake, Thanks for the review! We like the roof top as guests all socialize with a few beers because its a good way to meet people. We also offer other social areas to chill so there is a place in the hostel for everyone no matter what your doing. Look forward to seeing you again! The Attic Team :)

Awesome place to start a trip!

Hey! Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you had an awesome start to your trip! We hope the rest of your travels were as awesome! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

A good price A good location in the center of Auckland Staff excellent Limited Wifi is a minus point because even if the people should go out and explore the city, a lot of them are long enough away from home that they have the need to communicate with family and friends sometimes. There are other ways to earn a few more $. Anyway I would come back even if it's only for Father Ted's Irish Pub around the corner!

Hi, Thanks for taking time out to leave us review. We are happy that you had a good stay at The Attic. Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the WIFI, We are actually one of the cheapest hostels for WIFI and the whole of New Zealand do charge as well. Father ted's is always a good place to listen to some music and drink, and its our local :) Look forward to seeing you again. The Attic team :)

The staff was very helpful and took the time to help me plan the rest of my NZ journey. Great facilities and central location right off he bus line to the airport.

Hi Harry, Thank you for your time to leave us a review! We are more then happy to help plan your trip in New Zealand. We always try our hardest to help all of our guests to have a trouble free and action packed time travelling around New Zealand. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again! Safe travels! The Attic Team :)

Hated the lift, and wasn't working when I wanted to check out

Hey! Thanks for the review! We are sorry about the experience you had with our lift; we try as hard as we can to get people to close it properly by putting in a sign which states that people are to close the doors when they exit the lift. We will try and resolve the problem some more and see whether that improves! Thanks for the review! The Attic Team :)

This was by far the best hostel I stayed during my trip to New Zealand. Definitely if I come back to Auckland I had no doubt I would pick this hostel again. As an improvement comment, which is not big, but could be added, I was expecting some lockers inside each room as I had in most of the hostels. But again, this is just a small comment which didn't affect my perception of the hostel. I really loved my stay in the Attic Backpackers.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us an awesome review! We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! And we hope to welcome you back here again soon! Regarding your feedback; we will talk about this possibility, but we do have lockers already in the hostel :) They are in a separate room to the bedrooms, but they are under 24 hour surveillance :) Thanks again for leaving us a review! Take care! The Attic Team :)

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hostel had a lot to offer (e.g. kitchen facilities, lockers to store valuables, a chill room to relax). The price seemed reasonable but I haven't stayed at enough hostels to make any sort of comparison.

• 30th Jun 2015

Hey! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review! We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! We have really clean and spacious facilities; which are regularly checked to insure all is up to standards :) As our hostel is quite small, it makes it super easy for our guests to socialize with fellow travelers! Thanks again for leaving us a review! Take care!

Good hostel in a prime location in Auckland, right by Queen Street and a minute walk from the Sky Tower.

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review. We are very lucky to have such a central location which is essential for backpackers and for exploring. We hope that you come and stay with us again. Have safe travels! The Attic team :)

all good expect kitchen really messy overflowing rubbish & chaos. Toilets & shower good, rooms good, but need to actually provide extra blankets in room, was cold & when you go to bed after 11.00pm & need a blanket you can't go downstairs & ask for an extra one. PROVDE IT IN THE ROOM IN WINTER. TV lounge nothing to get excited about, flattened bean bags & no nice couches. Staff okay but when I didn't have my glasses & couldn't read the code to get in , they didn't need to make me feel stupid

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Hey! Thanks for the review.I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us. The kitchen should be regularly checked to prevent situations like this from arising; I will talk to my staff who were on duty that day about it. The reason we ask for a deposit for the blankets is because we have had a few situations where they have been stolen; so we now have to be really cautious. I am sorry that you felt the staff belittled you, I shall talk to them all. Take Care. The Attic Team.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5