The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

Great hostel, slightly too expensive but you get what you pay for. Spacious areas, outdoor rooftop attic, very nice bathrooms and shower areas, incredibly charming and nice staff (thx for helping me out with the deposit!

Great hostel in a great location. Rooms clean and loads of space. Really quiet at night so a great nights sleep too.

• 1st Feb 2016

It's a bit pricey considering I was in a 10 bed dorm but the kitchen & bathroom facilities were outstanding.

We had a great stay at Attic Backpackers, great location, awesome vibes. We unfortunately stayed in the middle of a humid heat wave in Auckland. The ventilation and fans could have been better. The wifi worked well, and the company was pleasant. I really enjoyed the enclosed back porch. Would definitely recommend and come back.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately it was a hot night and the temperature in the room was unbearable.

• 27th Jan 2016

they had no double private rooms so my boyfriend and I booked a twin room, but they were shoved into what felt like might have been a wardrobe in the past. it was a super narrow room, with one tiny window and absolutely no ventilation. it was incredibly hot and the restaurant below is so loud it was impossible to sleep. the staff were nice and the location was pretty good but probably wouldn't stay there again.

I felt the whole hostel was unacceptable and I again .

• 26th Jan 2016

Overall the place is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. I was just surprised at how hot the room was even with a fan going.

• 26th Jan 2016

Great location, staff very helpful and accommodating. Clean and spacious. Only stayed for 1 night but would have stayed more. Only thing, not sure if this is typical of NZ hostels as this was my first, but no storage lockers in the room for luggage (there is a communal one). Free Wifi is for 3 hours, which was more than enough for 1 night.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are glad that you loved our hostel. We don't have lockers in the room so that it makes more space in rooms. Hopefully you come back some time :) The Attic team :)

It was about a thousand degrees ( give or take) in our room. The window could only be opened a few centimeters. Nobody was able to sleep in our room

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are glad that you liked our hostel. We do understand that it is very hot in New Zealand. We have now put a fan in every room to ensure no discomfort. Hopefully you come back some time :) The Attic team :)

the cleanest, most well run hostel in Aukland. If you want wild and crazy, Go elsewhere. This is a place to relax get some rest, and enjoy good company.

• 19th Jan 2016

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are so happy that you loved our hostel. We do take pride in being a very clean hostel by doing regular checks throughout the day. We hope you come back sometime :) The Attic team :)

I love this hostel, but the room was unbearably hot due to the lack of AC or even a basic fan.

• 17th Jan 2016

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are glad that you loved our hostel. We do understand that it is very hot in New Zealand. We have now put a fan in every room to ensure no discomfort. Hopely you come back some time :) The Attic team :)

Great hostel, only issue was that the room was incredibly hot and there was no ways of cooling it down even with the windows open.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic. We are sorry that the rooms were so hot but we have done everything we can to stop this but unfortunately it is extremely hot in New Zealand at the moment. We hope you come back again sometime :) The Attic team :)

Things were great and I met lots of great people but I didn't like the staff. They seemed as if we were somewhat of an inconvenience or annoyance by asking questions. They weren't the typical kiwi friendly

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are extremely sorry that you thought that we wasn't as attentive as normal. As you can see in every other review that this is not a normal occurrence so sorry if you felt that way. Please come back to prove that this is not the case! :) The Attic team :)

Really great hostel, staff are really friendly, bathrooms are bright and clean, kitchen is good

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic. Our staff are very good at what they do and we are so lucky to have such awesome people working for us. We hope you back again soon :) The Attic team :)

Awesome place, awesome staff - always helpful a lot of fun without making it only about goofing around. Would go back.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us an awesome review. We are super stoked that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Attic. We do have an awesome team of staff which are very professional in the way they deal with things but also very social and funny, We are always up for having a laugh. We hope you come back to have a laugh with :) The Attic team :)

This hostel is the most accommodating and cleanest I've seen in awhile!! They did everything they could to make me feel comfortable and although I couldn't stay the whole night, I would definitely recommend this place to others! Very very clean, great receptionist and management staff, the bed was comfortable and shower was hot. I appreciate your kindness and I hope to come back in the near future!!

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed our hostel even if it was short and sweet. We do hope that you come back to our hostel to experience properly when you can :) The Attic team :)

Location was amazing and so was the staff. Bathrooms were always clean and the kitchen was nice and spacious. Also the roof terrace is a pretty cool spot to hangout and meet new people! Staff will help you plan out basically anything you want to do in Auckland and its close tourist attractions, just ask them

• 10th Jan 2016

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Attic. We are very lucky to have such a central location which is ideal for backpackers wanting to get out and explore Auckland and everything it has to offer. The roof terrace is real cool as you can bring your own drink to our hostel and you can smoke out there so its an awesome place to socialize and meet new people. We hope you come back one day :) The Attic team :)

The team at TAB was really awesome. Hannah was super friendly when I arrived early in the morning and James was able to help out with my vast range of questions regarding buses, cars, vans, and beyond. Really great spot, definitely stay here if you can.

• 8th Jan 2016

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to start by busting your bubble but we don't have anyone working here called Hannah but all of our staff are super friendly and happy to help with anything. James is a very valuable member of staff here and we are very lucky to have him as he is very knowledgeable about New Zealand and everything else. We hope you stay with us again :) The Attic team :)

Great hostel. Great location in the middle of the city, lots of atmosphere, great outdoor and indoor areas to hang out. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms and facilities tidy and easy to access. Loved my stay here, if I went back to Auckland I'd definitely stay there again.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. Super stoked you enjoyed your time with us. We do love our outdoors area which is perfect for travelers to have a couple beers and smoke and meet new people and catch a breeze on a hot day. We do hope you come back to Auckland again and stay with us :) The Attic team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6