The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

No lockers to keep your stuff safe. It would be great if they could something about it. Rooms very hot and poor ventilation (rooms smell like the cave of a tiger) that could be prevented with better ventilation. Lift very old and non reliable (one fellow traveller was trapped for over an hour) and i had struggled with the lift 3 times of the 4 times i used it (i walked another 4 times for safety reasons). Location is great. Big kitchen and communal toilets/showers. Staff very very helpful.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our kitchen and common areas and found our staff to be helpful. We are sorry to hear you had a difficult time with our lift, we have now had this issue fixed. Lockers are available for use in the hostel and are also free to use with your own lock. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Good hostel, great location and staff. Room was a tad hot but not bad

• 23rd Mar 2015

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our hostel and location. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Fantastic. Probably the best hostel I have been to in NZ - and I've been to a lot! Very friendly staff, good atmosphere and perfect location. Quiet too, not a crazy party hostel which is nice.

Hi, Thanks for an awesome review! We always like to hear our guests found our hostel to be a great place to stay!! Hope to see you again should you return to Auckland! Safe Travels, The Attic Team

It is a central location which is great. Paid wifi. good kitchen. Nice and relaxed common space.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our kitchen and common areas. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Great place to stay even if you are not a traditional "backpacker".

• 13th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel is nice and quiet, everything you need is at hand and it's right in the city center. Downside is that the kitchen is locked at night. I had to get up early to get my bus but couldn't get to the fridge to take my groceries. Had to leave all of them behind which cost me a lot of money :(

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hostel and location. We do apologize that you had to leave your food behind, however we do ensure it is made clear to all guests that our kitchen is closed for cleaning from 11pm-7am and encourage guests to remove their food before 11pm if checking out early. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

The facility itself isn't bad, though they charge for internet access. However, when I left property behind they refused to mail it back to me, even though I said I would pay for the shipping. Clearly, customer service is not their priority here.

staff very helpful and polite, good value for money and good place in Auckland to be :)

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thought us to be a stand out Auckland Hostel. We pride ourselves on our customer service so we are happy to hear you found our staff to be helpful and polite. We look forward to having you stay with us again. The Attic Team.

They close the public outside area by 11 which is pretty annoying as you cannot go anywhere else exepct your room after 11pm.

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review. Unfortunately we cannot keep the outdoor area open 24 hours as we need to be considerate to fellow travelers and the hotel downstairs with the noise levels. However we can definitely recommend things do outside the hostel after these hours if you are wanting to get out and about. We hope you choose to stay with us again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Really well presented hostel with good facilities but it witnessed staff being quite rude on a regular basis, which diminished from my stay. I would return though.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are glad you enjoyed our hostel and facilities. With regards to our staff, We do apologize if you thought any of our staff were rude and if you would like to email us with more information, we can look into it further. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Auckland. The Attic Team.

If there were lockers, I would have given 100% This is a great hostel, I was pleasantly surprised! The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful, great kitchen and bathrooms, there's a really nice terrace and some sweet lounges to just hang out in. And it's right in the center of the town! Awesome hostel, would definitely recommend!

Hi! Thanks for the great review! We are glad to have made your stay in Auckland comfortable and memorable. We are also happy that you loved our chill out areas as much as we do! Look forward to seeing you again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Very clean and new but unfortunately we didn't find the staff to be very friendly, the rooms were extremely hot,found it very difficult to breath in the night. When we arrived back after a concert we tried to get in using the code we had been given but it was out of date, we were stuck outside for some time, luckily we had our smart phone with us so we could contact them. When we told the staff about it they didn't seem to bothered, stayed in better hostels before

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you found our hostel and facilities to be clean. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our staff and door codes, please feel free to email us to discuss this further, so we can ensure it is dealt with appropriately. We hope you consider staying with us again in future. Safe Travels. The Attic Team

We spent 6nights at the attic and it was a pretty sweet place to be, very clean, great location. The staff were nice and very helpful all the time, Big up to Beckah irene who was awesome always a smile on her face and a song trying to escape in some sort of fashion aha, very helpful, fun and knowledgeable about nz made the stay at the hostel spot on!!! :D

• 2nd Mar 2015

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again in future! Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

The signage to find the hostel was very good and useful. The kitchen and decking area are stylish. Th bathroom was good. I would have preferred the dorm to have individual lamps for the beds instead of one main light for the whole room, and an electric socket near to the bed. It was noisy at night (partly die to city centre location) as the window needed to be open for ventilation. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Due to the historical nature of our building, we are limited to the amount of electrical sockets we can have in the rooms. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our kitchen and deck areas and found the signage leading you to us was helpful. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Auckland. The Attic Team.

Great hostel to stay and the location is just great! Travel desk was amazing, staff was really helpful and the opening times of kitchen etc. were also great (7am-11pm). I stayed at a wonderful 6 dorm room with only 2 bunk beds - so I chose a bed that was no bunk bed, which was a nice alternative ;) I enjoyed my stay a lot!

Enjoyed my stay at the Attic. Very clean facility. The hair straightener and dryer in the bathroom was greatly appreciated. Would've been nice to have lockers right in the room.

Great location of the hostel, close to lots of restaurants, shops and public transportation. Nice kitchen and lounge area for the hostel to relax. I was in a 6 bdrm female dorm. It was quiet and the girls were friendly, although I wasn't in the room much. The bathroom was also spacious and had plenty of toilets and showers. There was never a wait. There was also a hair dryer and straightner for the girls to use if needed. The only thing I would definitely change is to have free wifi!!

Hi! Thanks for leaving an amazing review! We are glad to hear you liked our central city location and enjoyed our facilities. Free wifi is a rarity in New Zealand accommodations, however we do give out 3 hours of free wifi on check in. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. The Attic Team

It was really easy to find. Bathroom facilities were clean. Free wifi was really helpful. The room was a bit warm.

Hi! Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Attic and found the free wifi to be helpful. We look forward to having you stay with us in future. The Attic Team

I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm, the room had a window and didn't feel cramped. Enough space to but your luggage. My roommates were fairly quiet at night even on the weekend. Bathroom was clean and had enough showers, also a hairdryer and straighteners. Kitchen, deck and chill/tv room were cleaned everyday and most people did their dishes. The deck is a nice bonus so you can have breakfast outside. Would definitely stay there again.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to write a great review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our outdoor deck and spacious rooms. We look forward to seeing you again in future. The Attic Team

Really sociable hostel with a great big clean kitchen and a toasty machine! 3 common areas in addition to an outside deck area never makes this hostel feel cramped. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable and willing to help you with all your queries even if off duty. There is also 3 hours worth of free wifi. The only improvements would be to invest in some non-stick frying pans and have hot chocolate as an option with free tea and coffee.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and knowledgeable. Thank you for your suggestions, we will look into it. The Attic Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6