The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

We stayed at The Attic Backpackers for three nights. The first night we stayed in a six person dorm and then the next night we had to upgrade to a two person dorm because there was no other rooms available. Our overall experience was great! The location was perfect for traveling and seeing downtown Auckland. The Attic has a great kitchen area and TV room. Very clean hostel. The only drawback is that there are no heaters making it cold in winter & some of the front staff are not overly friendly!

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Attic! Our facilities are very clean and spacious, giving you the ultimate comfort possible :) We are sorry that you thought it was cold in the hostel; It's been the coldest winter for 10 years here in Auckland; we do have blankets that guests can hire for a refundable deposit. Take care and enjoy the rest of your travels in New Zealand! The Attic Team :)

I have literally no bad things to say about this hostel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They helped me and my sister plan our trip in New Zealand even though we had limited time and were on a budget. The facilities are great and very inexpensive. I definitely recommend this place for anyone staying in Auckland, the location is impeccable.

Hey! Thank you so much for the awesome review you have left us here! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and that you have NOTHING bad to say about us! :D Our staff work hard around the clock to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible! :) Our Travel Desk is great for our guests, allowing you to book heaps of activities and accommodation! :) Our facilities are checked regularly, which means they are super clean :) Thank you again for the review! The Attic Teams :)

Good location in the city center. Would stay again.

Hey! Thanks for taking time out to leave us a review! We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at The Attic! We are very centrally located to CBD! We hope to welcome you here at The Attic! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

I loved my stay at the Attic! The staff were really accommodating and friendly, shout out to Dennis! The kitchen and common area was very cozy as well. Unfortunately, the hostel was freezing... there was no heater and it was bone chilling cold. Take some warm clothes, or call ahead to make sure they have added a heater to their hostel. Highly recommend the place though!

• 27th May 2015

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! :) We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Attic. Our facilities are very clean and spacious, which is a great for our guests! We are sorry you felt that the hostel was cold; Auckland hasn't been as cold as it has been recently for at least 10 years! But we have blankets that you can hire for a small deposit, which will be returned to our guests when they check out :) Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team :)

I spent some weeks at the Attic at the start of my working holiday and I found the hostel to be clean, with friendly staff and with a great location. The staff was very helpful and helped me out with a lot of the things I needed to sort out for my stay in New Zealand. It is great to have staff that is in a similar position as you and can help you out. Thanks to the Attic team for everything! Marvin, Razz, Becka, James, Dennis and Charlotte, thanks guys!

Getting to the hostel from the airport is pretty easy and it's in a nice location. The elevator is a bit weird and people have gotten stuck there, but the alternative is the set of stairs (hostel is on the 5th floor). The bathrooms were really clean and nice (awesome showers). Kitchen was alright and there is a cool patio area to hang out in. People weren't really around/being social while I was there but it's an off season. The staff helped me sort out my travel plans so that was cool.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are happy to hear you had a great time with us! Our lift has recently been repaired and is now working really well :) We have really clean facilities, which are checked on an hourly basis! :) We are happy to hear that you managed to sort out your travel plans with us! We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! Thanks again for the review! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

Had a great stay. Place was clean. People were very helpful.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Philippines

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a lovely review! We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us, and that the hostel was clean and that our staff were friendly! We try our hardest to make sure you have the best stay possible! Hopefully see you again soon here at The Attic! Happy Travels! The Attic Team! :)

We had a really good to eat the attic backpackers, firstly it was a great location in Auckland. The staff were all so helpful and friendly, the beds and quilt were super comfy. There was lots of places the chill, the kitchen was big and really clean. We really loved our two nights here so we are returning to this hostel when we return to Auckland!!

Hey! Thanks for leaving us an awesome review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic, and that we will have you here staying again in the future! :) We are really centrally located, with everything you need close by :) Our facilities are spacious and clean, and our beds are super comfortable! :) Thanks again for the review! And we will see you again soon! Happy Travels! The Attic Team :)

Atmosphere was a little bland. Overall cleanliness was good. Although Auckland is a little lame the Attic was in a very good location. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially the travel agent Raz. He got me hooked up with a good deal on a Stray bus. I booked for 7 nights but left two nights early on my Stray tour and they allowed me to carry over my two remaining nights for when I came back, I appreciated that.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review! We are sorry that you thought our atmosphere was a little bland; our aim is to make the hostel a cozy and homely atmosphere, and we hope that we make that happen when you come and stay with us again :) We are very centrally located within the CBD area, which means that everything from Bars to shops are close at hand :) We are happy to hear that you are currently doing a stray tour! We hope you have a really awesome time! The Attic Team.

It is overall a very pleasant hostel. sometimes it only smells a little bit. I suggest that the cleaner and the reception should check that weekly. Women shower should be cleaned 2nd time after everybody leaving around 10-11am.

Hey, Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic! :) We understand a room full of people can sometimes create unpleasant smells, so now we open the windows for a short period to air out the room, and when we do housekeeping checks, we spray air freshener in every room too, Staff are required to check bathrooms hourly, so we will mention this again to them. Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team

Great spot in Auckland, was very close to everything in the city. Kind of up on one of the many hills, but apparently a lot cleaner than some of the other backpackers/hostels. The facilities were fine, no complaint, the rooms were clean, walls a little on the thin side but which hostel walls aren't? Great experience, very helpful staff, would definitely reccommend if staying in Auckland. Also VERY close to the university and student housing if visiting anyone.

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic! :) We are a very centrally located hostel, close to all amenities in the CBD area. Our staff are very hard-working, and are very approachable too, and we are glad that you recognized that too :) We hope to welcome you here at The Attic again soon! Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team :)

Absolutely loved our stay at The Attic, we stayed in a private twin room upon arriving in NZ and it was lovely. Unfortunately it was just a bit too expensive for us so we've moved elsewhere, but it's definitely worth the money. Clean, comfortable, beds had soft sheets, great chill out area, clean kitchen with loads of utensils, terrace area, towels provided, there was even straighteners and a hair dryer for use in the girls loos. They think of everything. Perfect, thank you!!

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Attic! We always like to make sure we cater to the needs of all guests so they can spend time enjoying all Auckland has to offer! We hope you are enjoying your travels! Take care, The Attic Team

Super clean, friendly staff. Sort of cliquey because a lot of workers stay there but a lot of hang out rooms. Good location and worth the 30$. The staff were super helpful especially the Travel guy. He booked our whole Stray trip and it was amazing. Big kitchen and many showers/washrooms.

The Attic Backpackers is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great, helpful, reliable staff, clean faciilities, friendly travellers. They also have a sweet patio. The Attic is the right amount of socializing and partying without getting too rowdy. Next time I'm in Auckland I will definitely be at the attic.

• 7th May 2015

Hey! Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic! :) Our hostel has a very homely atmosphere, which makes it easy to socialize with fellow travelers and guests. Our patio is a great social space, and allows you to chill out and enjoy the company of others! We look forward to welcoming you here again at The Attic in the future :) Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team :)

Absolutely fantastic! Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely atmosphere. Good facilities. Prime location just off Queen Street. Top hostel!

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review! We always love to hear our guests love our hostel as much as we do!! Our staff here at The Attic like to make everybody's visit to Auckland a memorable and enjoyable one, starting when you check in!! We look forward to seeing you again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

We loved it, stayed there the night we landed and made a note to book for before we flew out. Really friendly, helpful staff!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Wales

Hey! Thanks for leaving us an awesome review! :) We are over the moon to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you made a future booking with us! Our staff are so hard-working and approachable, and it's awesome you recognize that! :) Enjoy the rest of your trip in New Zealand, and we look forward to welcoming you here again soon! Take care and safe Travels! The Attic Team :)

Great hostel well worth paying the little extra

• 29th Apr 2015

Hi! Thanks for leaving a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

does what it says on the tin. good staff but nothing special facilities wise apart from the kitchen which is pretty good.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious kitchen as we always make an effort to make sure all our guests have everything they need to feel comfortable here at the Attic. We hope to see you again in the future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Showers were blocked. Good communal areas and good location.

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our communal areas and found our location to be suitable for your stay. We hope to see you again in future. Safe Travels. The Attic Team

Everything was really nice, the staff were very friendly, the facilities were good, and they promote a sense of safety and mutual respect. The only thing I found really inconvenient was the wifi. I could only get decent reception when I was in the kitchen, and every time I moved back into the area where I could receive wifi I would have to log back in. I am pretty sure all they need to do to improve the situation is get a few extra routers and place them in sensible locations.

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are always happy to hear our guests have a good experience at our hostel and we always like to ensure our staff are only enhancing that experience! We do apologize for the difficulties you had with our wifi, We do have several routers throughout the hostel to help with this, however we will get our team in to have a look into it. Enjoy the rest of your travels. The Attic Team