The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

Absolutely loved our stay at The Attic, we stayed in a private twin room upon arriving in NZ and it was lovely. Unfortunately it was just a bit too expensive for us so we've moved elsewhere, but it's definitely worth the money. Clean, comfortable, beds had soft sheets, great chill out area, clean kitchen with loads of utensils, terrace area, towels provided, there was even straighteners and a hair dryer for use in the girls loos. They think of everything. Perfect, thank you!!

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Attic! We always like to make sure we cater to the needs of all guests so they can spend time enjoying all Auckland has to offer! We hope you are enjoying your travels! Take care, The Attic Team

The Attic Backpackers is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great, helpful, reliable staff, clean faciilities, friendly travellers. They also have a sweet patio. The Attic is the right amount of socializing and partying without getting too rowdy. Next time I'm in Auckland I will definitely be at the attic.

• 7th May 2015

Hey! Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic! :) Our hostel has a very homely atmosphere, which makes it easy to socialize with fellow travelers and guests. Our patio is a great social space, and allows you to chill out and enjoy the company of others! We look forward to welcoming you here again at The Attic in the future :) Enjoy your travels! The Attic Team :)

Absolutely fantastic! Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely atmosphere. Good facilities. Prime location just off Queen Street. Top hostel!

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review! We always love to hear our guests love our hostel as much as we do!! Our staff here at The Attic like to make everybody's visit to Auckland a memorable and enjoyable one, starting when you check in!! We look forward to seeing you again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

We loved it, stayed there the night we landed and made a note to book for before we flew out. Really friendly, helpful staff!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Wales

Hey! Thanks for leaving us an awesome review! :) We are over the moon to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you made a future booking with us! Our staff are so hard-working and approachable, and it's awesome you recognize that! :) Enjoy the rest of your trip in New Zealand, and we look forward to welcoming you here again soon! Take care and safe Travels! The Attic Team :)

Great hostel well worth paying the little extra

• 29th Apr 2015

Hi! Thanks for leaving a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

does what it says on the tin. good staff but nothing special facilities wise apart from the kitchen which is pretty good.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious kitchen as we always make an effort to make sure all our guests have everything they need to feel comfortable here at the Attic. We hope to see you again in the future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Showers were blocked. Good communal areas and good location.

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our communal areas and found our location to be suitable for your stay. We hope to see you again in future. Safe Travels. The Attic Team

Everything was really nice, the staff were very friendly, the facilities were good, and they promote a sense of safety and mutual respect. The only thing I found really inconvenient was the wifi. I could only get decent reception when I was in the kitchen, and every time I moved back into the area where I could receive wifi I would have to log back in. I am pretty sure all they need to do to improve the situation is get a few extra routers and place them in sensible locations.

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are always happy to hear our guests have a good experience at our hostel and we always like to ensure our staff are only enhancing that experience! We do apologize for the difficulties you had with our wifi, We do have several routers throughout the hostel to help with this, however we will get our team in to have a look into it. Enjoy the rest of your travels. The Attic Team

Nice place to stay and close located to everything. I would stay here again.

Hey! Thanks for the lovely review! We are really lucky to be so centrally located. We hope to see you again at The Attic! Enjoy the rest of your travels! The Attic Team :)

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far! It is a quiet new hostel and very clean. The location is perfect, the kitchen is big, the staff is nice and the rooms are really big. It is a smaller hostel which is good for meeting people! If you are in Auckland, go to the Attic!

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We always love to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us enough to recommend us to fellow travellers! We also like the intimate feel to our small hostel as we get to meet so many awesome travellers like yourself. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

A nice clean hostel. Room was good but no lockers or anywhere to lock away valuables. Check in by the staff wasn't the best, information provided was limited. Though location and general facilities of the hostel was good. In general, not the friendliest I have stayed in but a good place to recover from jet lag.

The location worked really well for me, close to the sky city bus terminal and easy to walk round central auckland. The dormitory had plenty of light and space, with best of all, windows that open. As the hostel is all on one floor the lounge and kitchen are just down the corridor. Some reviews mentioned the lift - it is antique and a bit of a character experience - but all good. The stairs are quite walkable without luggage too.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!! We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay at our hostel! We along with all our guests love the character and unique feel to The Attic and we always like to ensure our guests are getting the most out of their stay in Auckland. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Make sure to confirm dates with them and confirm upcoming stays. There was a mixup in my booking leading me to believe that I didn't have a night booked . . when I actually did. I ended up getting a place somewhere else and still having to pay for my booking at The Attic.

• 14th Apr 2015

Hey David, thanks for leaving us a review. We are sorry that this error has occurred. We send confirmation of bookings to people when they have made them, however, as an improvement and response to your review, we will ensure that we are giving the relevant training to our staff. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in New Zealand. Take care, The Attic Team.

Especially the staff was incredible friendly and helpful!

• 14th Apr 2015

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad our staff made your stay a memorable one! We hope to see you again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Stayed 1 night in a twin room. Very clean and great staff although walls very thin and could hear people talking in room next room and arguing in the night 😟

Hey! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our hostels facilities, and we are sorry to hear that you could here people arguing in the night. We operate a quiet time between the hours of 11pm and 7am, We also have an emergency phone that guests can ring if there are problems during the night, and a staff member will come out and assist them. We will do more to make sure people realize there is a number they can call us on after hours :) Enjoy NZ! The Attic Team :)

Best hostel I've stayed in in Auckland, completely smashes Base and the YMCA out of the water! Amazing staff, facilities and people, even though I only stayed for a couple of nights. Great atmosphere, would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 5th Apr 2015

Hi! Thanks for leaving us an awesome review! We love to hear our guests are enjoying their time with us! We hope to see you at The Attic again! Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Not as good as I thought after having read the hostel World reviews. The sheet on my bed was really dirty and the shower was cold. That was unfortunate.

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We always welcome feedback so we can improve our facilities and service. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. The Attic Team

great hostel in town centre, easy to get to and from transport to more beautiful places than Auckland :)

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad to hear our you enjoyed our hostel and found it to be in a great location for exploring Auckland. We hope to see you again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

great stay in auckland and friendly staff (espacially james). clean rooms and comfy beds.

Hi, Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us and found our staff to be freindly and helpful. We hope to see you again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Really nice hostel. In de middle of the centrum:)

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hostel and its central location. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Safe Travels, The Attic Team