The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

staff very helpful and polite, good value for money and good place in Auckland to be :)

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thought us to be a stand out Auckland Hostel. We pride ourselves on our customer service so we are happy to hear you found our staff to be helpful and polite. We look forward to having you stay with us again. The Attic Team.

They close the public outside area by 11 which is pretty annoying as you cannot go anywhere else exepct your room after 11pm.

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review. Unfortunately we cannot keep the outdoor area open 24 hours as we need to be considerate to fellow travelers and the hotel downstairs with the noise levels. However we can definitely recommend things do outside the hostel after these hours if you are wanting to get out and about. We hope you choose to stay with us again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

Really well presented hostel with good facilities but it witnessed staff being quite rude on a regular basis, which diminished from my stay. I would return though.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are glad you enjoyed our hostel and facilities. With regards to our staff, We do apologize if you thought any of our staff were rude and if you would like to email us with more information, we can look into it further. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Auckland. The Attic Team.

Good hostel! Great location and kitchen area! Worth the stay.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a lovely review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be perfect for your needs. We hope to see you again. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

If there were lockers, I would have given 100% This is a great hostel, I was pleasantly surprised! The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful, great kitchen and bathrooms, there's a really nice terrace and some sweet lounges to just hang out in. And it's right in the center of the town! Awesome hostel, would definitely recommend!

Hi! Thanks for the great review! We are glad to have made your stay in Auckland comfortable and memorable. We are also happy that you loved our chill out areas as much as we do! Look forward to seeing you again should you return to Auckland. Safe Travels, The Attic Team

Very clean and new but unfortunately we didn't find the staff to be very friendly, the rooms were extremely hot,found it very difficult to breath in the night. When we arrived back after a concert we tried to get in using the code we had been given but it was out of date, we were stuck outside for some time, luckily we had our smart phone with us so we could contact them. When we told the staff about it they didn't seem to bothered, stayed in better hostels before

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you found our hostel and facilities to be clean. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our staff and door codes, please feel free to email us to discuss this further, so we can ensure it is dealt with appropriately. We hope you consider staying with us again in future. Safe Travels. The Attic Team

We spent 6nights at the attic and it was a pretty sweet place to be, very clean, great location. The staff were nice and very helpful all the time, Big up to Beckah irene who was awesome always a smile on her face and a song trying to escape in some sort of fashion aha, very helpful, fun and knowledgeable about nz made the stay at the hostel spot on!!! :D

• 2nd Mar 2015

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again in future! Safe Travels, The Attic Team.

The signage to find the hostel was very good and useful. The kitchen and decking area are stylish. Th bathroom was good. I would have preferred the dorm to have individual lamps for the beds instead of one main light for the whole room, and an electric socket near to the bed. It was noisy at night (partly die to city centre location) as the window needed to be open for ventilation. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Due to the historical nature of our building, we are limited to the amount of electrical sockets we can have in the rooms. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our kitchen and deck areas and found the signage leading you to us was helpful. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Auckland. The Attic Team.

Great hostel to stay and the location is just great! Travel desk was amazing, staff was really helpful and the opening times of kitchen etc. were also great (7am-11pm). I stayed at a wonderful 6 dorm room with only 2 bunk beds - so I chose a bed that was no bunk bed, which was a nice alternative ;) I enjoyed my stay a lot!

Enjoyed my stay at the Attic. Very clean facility. The hair straightener and dryer in the bathroom was greatly appreciated. Would've been nice to have lockers right in the room.

Great location of the hostel, close to lots of restaurants, shops and public transportation. Nice kitchen and lounge area for the hostel to relax. I was in a 6 bdrm female dorm. It was quiet and the girls were friendly, although I wasn't in the room much. The bathroom was also spacious and had plenty of toilets and showers. There was never a wait. There was also a hair dryer and straightner for the girls to use if needed. The only thing I would definitely change is to have free wifi!!

Hi! Thanks for leaving an amazing review! We are glad to hear you liked our central city location and enjoyed our facilities. Free wifi is a rarity in New Zealand accommodations, however we do give out 3 hours of free wifi on check in. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. The Attic Team

It was really easy to find. Bathroom facilities were clean. Free wifi was really helpful. The room was a bit warm.

Hi! Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Attic and found the free wifi to be helpful. We look forward to having you stay with us in future. The Attic Team

Nice staff and location. Could have a bit more security with regards to your own rooms (ie the closing/locking of doors) but other than that a nice place

I really enjoyed my stay. The location was centralized and the staff gave tips for how to get from the airport to the hostel. If you're arriving late at night like I did I would recommend paying for the shuttle. Stumbling down Queen's ST at midnight with a backpack is no fun. Clean facilities with towel rental options and other amenities for sale.

• 21st Feb 2015

I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm, the room had a window and didn't feel cramped. Enough space to but your luggage. My roommates were fairly quiet at night even on the weekend. Bathroom was clean and had enough showers, also a hairdryer and straighteners. Kitchen, deck and chill/tv room were cleaned everyday and most people did their dishes. The deck is a nice bonus so you can have breakfast outside. Would definitely stay there again.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to write a great review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our outdoor deck and spacious rooms. We look forward to seeing you again in future. The Attic Team

Really sociable hostel with a great big clean kitchen and a toasty machine! 3 common areas in addition to an outside deck area never makes this hostel feel cramped. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable and willing to help you with all your queries even if off duty. There is also 3 hours worth of free wifi. The only improvements would be to invest in some non-stick frying pans and have hot chocolate as an option with free tea and coffee.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and knowledgeable. Thank you for your suggestions, we will look into it. The Attic Team

The Internet provided is far too slow for a modern city with a very high per bed fee. Info given by staff for food was very expensive besides the grocery store.

A very nice hostel, certainly when compared to others in Auckland CBD. Nice feel, chilled out, relatively quiet, clean as well. English girl on reception had a bit of attitude, not massively helpful. Overall a good hostel and would definitely recommend.

Really good hostel. Great kitchen and social area. During our stay everyone was respectful of one another in the dorm, nice and quiet (perfect as we were very jet lagged). Location is great, only stopped here three nights but could have stopped for a week....so much to do in Auckland!

• 16th Feb 2015

Hi! Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again if you are back in Auckland. The Attic Team.

Stayed here off and on for 2 weeks when I first got to Auckland. Great staff. Friendly and helpful. Good facilities. Clean and new bathroom facilities. Internet was pretty good, but limited to one device, so that got a little tedious when you have a laptop as well. Overall, good time and great location.