The Attic Backpackers Reviews

15-31 Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand

I loved staying at this hostel and I loved the staff!! They were all so friendly, fun and they couldn't do enough for you! I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for a few days! The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming, it felt like a home from home. It was also clear a lot of thought had gone into making the place as comfortable and clean as possible for their backpackers. I would recommend this place to everyone and will definitely be staying here again!

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are very lucky to have such an awesome team here that are happy to help with any need. We do clean the hostel on regular occasions to ensure the guests feel we are a clean hostel. We are glad that you chose us too stay with and hope we see you again. The Attic Team :)

Clean and modern with a good location right in the city. Good staff and rooms are nice. Good kitchen. Not a party hostel but there's pub crawls and so on in the city. Everyone staying seemed to be nice too so it was a nice environment overall. Heard some horror stories about Auckland hostels but Attic seems to the best from what I've gathered.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are very proud of what we offer as a hostel, down to the location, facilities, and the team we have. We do clean the hostel on regular occasions to ensure the guests feel we are a clean hostel. We are glad that you chose us too stay with and hope we see you again. The Attic Team :)

Great location. Comfortable and clean - the bathrooms are really big and spacious with great facilities. The staff gave good recommendations for where to go and eat etc. no lockers, but felt pretty safe there.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. So happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. We are very lucky to have such a central location which is ideal for backpackers wanting to explore Auckland. There are lockers in the hostel just not in the rooms but as you said we are a very safe hostel anyway. We hope you come back to have an awesome stay again :) The Attic team :)

I was only there for a night but I can honestly say its the only hostel I've stayed in that has made me envious of the people living there. Very comfortable and clean with amazing facilities.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us review. We do have one long term room that people are very happy to be in. We do take great pride in the facility's that we offer and ensure they are always to the highest standards. Hope to see you another time. The Attic Team :)

Nice facilities and very clean. Great position within Auckland, easy to get everywhere. Atmosphere let it down though. Could have put on more hostel activities; and although not directly tune hostels fault, during my stay my whole room seemed to be German bar myself as did the majority of the hostel. Therefore the main language being spoken in the hostel was German and made it very difficult for myself to interact with other travellers. Could improve security by providing lockers for valuables.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. Glad you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic. Sorry that this was the case with everyone talking German. We hope that people would be nice enough to try and speak English but there is nothing we can do about that. I hope if you stay here again then there will be more English speaking people :) The Attic team :)

Fine stay. I would book the hostel again.

Hi thanks for taking time to leaves us a review, Stoked to hear you would stay with us again. If you are ever in Auckland we would love to have you stay with us again. Thanks The Attic Team :)

In my opinion the Attic Backpackers is pretty overrated. Sure the location is very good but the hostel itself is a bit filthy, the staff is very unpersonal and unfriendly in a subtle way. We didn't feel very welcome, they always seemed stressed. Our room (no.1) was quite dark as a tall building was in front of the window. This room smelled a bit musty and the mattrasses were really, really past their peak! I've seen much better for that price!

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. I'm very surprised you had this experience with us here at The Attic. As you can see from previous reviews this isn't normally the case. We do hourly checks to ensure the hostel is super clean. We always treat every guest the same and we are always doing everything we can to make sure that everyone has any questions they have answered and make sure they are enjoying themselves. We hope you come back to change your mind :) The Attic team :)

Nice and comfy beds

Hi thanks for taking time to leave us a review, Stoked you enjoyed your sleeping in our 'nice comfy beds' If you are ever in Auckland again we would love to have you stay with us. Thanks The Attic team :)

The best hostel I have stayed in so far. It is organised, clean and impeccably managed by all the fantastic staff. As you are checked in you are given a guided tour of the place and all their facilities, so you know where everything is. The whole atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. There is usually music playing and something happening in the outside courtyard which you can't help but get involved with. If you need to chill out there is a great TV room and a good selection of films to watch.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are so happy that loved your stay here at The Attic. We always give the guests the tour round the hostel, even though we are a small hostel it's always good to show everyone around. We would love to have you back at another date :) The Attic team :)

Great location, right by the bus station and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal! The hostel was clean, the rooms were quiet and the other guests were great. The staff seemed a little distinterested in the needs and questions of the guests, and didn't seem to know very much about the surrounding area, but they were polite!

Hi thanks for making time to leave us a review, Stoked to hear you liked our 'great location' and that you found our rooms to be clean and quiet. Sorry to hear that you found the staff disinterested as this is not normal for our staff as you can read in the previous reviews. We do have new staff who are still getting to know the area better themselves. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels The Attic team :)

Really good hostel all round. Great staff, James basically found and booked all of our activities for the whole trip!

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. Sper stoked that you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic. James is very passionate about booking tours and planning peoples trip as we run a travel desk where anything can be booked or even just give advice. Hope you had a wicked time and hopefully see you again some time :) The Attic team :)

Really great hostel with friendly staff, massive room and loads of space to relax. Moved on to Base round the corner and had the worst night in a hostel since I arrived 8 months ago and wished I was back at the Attic!

• 28th Oct 2015

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here at The Attic. Sorry to hear that you had to leave us and also that you didn't enjoy your other accommodation. We hope that you come back one day :) The Attic team :)

Check-in staff were super nice! The lady who checked me in did a walk around so I knew exactly where everything was! Electronic pin code for entry after hours so super secure. Right off of Queen Street so quiet but walking distance to supermarket, buses, shopping. Rooftop chill area was so cute! Nice touch for an inner city hostel. I stayed in a 4 share dorm and was very clean, super soft blanket and bathrooms clean. Even had a hairdryer and a hair straightner plus plenty of mirrors! Bonus

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your time here at The Attic. We are always happy to meet new people and hear what their plans are and not just check people in. Glad that you enjoyed all the facility's within our hostel. We hope you come back again to stay with us :) The Attic team :)

Location can hardly be beaten. Staff are chatty and helpful, showers are good and there's a relaxed atmosphere. Comfy beds too! Weren't any lockers in our dorm but this isn't a major problem as security good. Overall a great place to spend a couple of days and explore Auckland.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave review. We have a very central location which is ideal for backpackers exploring Auckland and trying to work out whats your plans are onwards. We don't have lockers but do have a locker room that our guests can use. Hope to see you again :) The Attic team :)

Hostel offers good location and kitchen with good facilities. Our stay was ruined by bunch of people on a Kiwi Experience tour. Apart from being noisy, they also trashed the dorm which was not cleaned at all over our four night stay. Nice staff, Internet ok during the day but painfully slow starting from 6pm.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are sorry that your stay was ruined by other guests. We encourage people to come and tell us if something is making their stay the best it could possibly be. The room is cleaned on a daily basis, every morning. We do ask for people to respect other guests and also have a quiet word with them if we think there are being excessively messy. Hope to you another time and hopefully the people in the room wont be so messy :) The Attic team :)

The location of this hostel is excellent and the staff were very helpful

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are very lucky to have such a central location where you can excess anything you want to do in Auckland, Anything from grabbing a coffee to doing a bungy or skydive. The staff are always happy to help with anything you need or even just to have a chat with. Hope to see you in the future :) The Attic team :)

Great location. This place was pumping so many people coming and going. Great location handy to get around Auckland. Rooms and facilities were clean!

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We have a huge turn around for such a little hostel which is ideal for people here looking to make friends or new travel buddys. We are slap bang in the center of Auckland which is ideal for backpackers to get out and see everything. Hope to see you again :) The Attic team :)

Right in the centre of everything! Great staff and comfy beds. Kitchen gets a little crazy at mealtimes but that's only because it's a busy place because it's such a good hostel. Easy to get the bus to from the airport (takes less than an hour) and also just a short walk to a great supermarket (with loads of gluten free stuff if like me you need that) and it's also close to the Naked bus stop if you are using naked bus to travel NZ (bus stop is around 15min walk).

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We know the kitchen gets busy even on the quiet days but it's because we have such an awesome kitchen that every actually wants to cook in. We are very to lucky to have such a central location which is ideal for backpackers as its close to anything you would need. Hope to see you again some time :) The Attic team :)

Attic was friendly and clean. I stayed here with friend but made so many more while I was there. Would suggest individual lights by the beds but that's my only suggestion 😊

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We do have a large kitchen, and a cool outside area where it is very good place to chill and meet new people. We are always looking for suggestions from guests on how to improve their experience at our hostel so your suggestion is noted and maybe when you come back they could very well be there :) The Attic team :)

This place needs a central posting board to bring travelers together. Not chalkboards no one reads. I stayed here specifically to find other travelers and never met one. There are a bunch of long term people living here. Like a clique. There is also only 1 free hour of slow wifi a day.

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave us a review. I'm sorry you didn't meet anyone to travel with. We have been full so we are quite surprised to hear you didn't meet any travelers. We only have one long term room to make sure that the hostel isn't full of long termers. Every guest gets 3 hours free WIFI when they check in. Sorry to hear the internet was slow and we will look into why it's running slow. Hope to see you again The Attic team :)