The Australian Hostel

8.0
Fabulous 468 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
11th May 2017

This my first time in Egypt and I really loved this place . the hostel is so clean,rooms are big and the beds are so comfortable. The staff is so helpful to describe for you any place. The hostel is so near from all the sightseeing , just five minutes from the Egyptian museum and the Bazar . they helped me to visit the pyramids and many sights around Egypt with so nice service and cheap prices. Thank you guys for making my holiday .

5th May 2017
7.4

Generally good, small common room though at least there is one. 10-15 mins walk from the Egyptian Museum. Small dorms don't have lockers but it's pretty secure anyway. Staff are friendly. Wifi is pretty good. No complaints.

4th Apr 2017
5.1

Reception very interested in booking tours. Not so much in your room and accommodation. Wifi was very spotty in lobby and didn't work in rooms. Wifi went down all over the hostel and it seemed normal to them.

12th Mar 2017

Okay spot

16th Feb 2017
7.7

Anton and the team were awesome. It's a perfect late arrival place where the team welcomes you and you can get an en suite warm shower and good nights sleep. Thanks team Lee, Shrewsbury, UK

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Feb 2017

Happy to recommend the team at the Australian in downtown Cairo. Such a friendly and cheerful place, where nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are pleasant and clean and the location is excellent. I enjoyed the conversations in the central area and my thanks for a good stay.

26th Jan 2017

Good stay, old building with not the best facilities but that is the case with much of Egypt... was upgraded to a private room though. The staff here is great! They are really helpful in getting you the cheapest option to do everything you would like (great as a budget traveler/backpacker). They even loaned me money when I forgot to have small bills to pay the taxi! They also helped secure a train ticket on to Luxor even though it was supposedly all booked.

22nd Jan 2017
5.1

If your on a budget and want something cheap I would recommend this place, but I would have rather spent a little more money and gotten something a little better. There were holes in the wall, bathroom was nasty, and the elevator was sketchy. I'm sure most places in Cairo are similar, so I guess I can't complain too much as I had a private room for 12$ a night.

19th Jan 2017

We very much enjoyed our 4 days and the people we met. Mido, the manager, and the other staff were always available and incredibly helpful: giving directions; making suggestions for places to go; helping us book 2 inexpensive day trips (Giza and Alexandria) with careful, competent drivers; suggesting places to eat; etc. Our pvt room was clean and secure. The main entrance stairway could be cleaner and better lit, but they are apparently working with other building tenants to improve this.

13th Jan 2017

Really nice place. The staff was really great and friendly. If you have any questions, for sure they will help you. Great for solo travelers.