The Australian Hostel Reviews

23 Abd El Khalek Tharwat, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

I have booked it here on line, but after i arrived, i knocked at the door for 10 minutes with no one's answering. Then i push away a small window on the door and saw two guys lied down a couch like 3 meters far. And they open the door, and told me rooms r all full. i said i booked in hosterworld and paid deposit. One of those two guys were really really rude and impatient. He kept saying full, full, full, seems like i bothered him. Eventually i left.

I arrived at this hostel at 5am following an overnight flight and they gave me a spare bed to sleep in until my actual room was ready. As many people will arrive in Cairo on an overnight train this is really useful!! It allowed me to sleep for a few hours and really make the most of the day in Cairo. The hostel itself is a little dated and is in an old and dirty building but the staff work hard to keep it clean. Staff are also very friendly and the hostel is in a great location.

• 16th Oct 2015

Great place to stay. Very friendly stuff. Specially Ehab. Very clean eveyday. Will be back here for sure when I come back to Cairo