The Australian Hostel Reviews

23 Abd El Khalek Tharwat, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

Nice host Ehab, he was very helpful and kind. Help us to arrange the tour of desert , Giza and louxer. High quality tour, definitely recommend. Amazing facility!! We had a great time here Thanks!

Great location, incredible staff! Upon arrival Ehab, Ahmed, Islam, & Assuma didn't hesitate to welcome me, bringing me to wedding celebrations, helping plan tours, taking me to explore local markets, & teaching me Arabic {fil mesh mesh!} The hostel is close to many attractions & is surrounded by restaurants, coffee shops, & boutiques. It was very clean, had comfy beds, & great accommodations- laundry, fridge, stove, wifi, & toilet paper {above the fridge} good for westerners. Highly recommended!

Great location and very helpful staff. This was my 3rd time to stay here.

I didn't spend much of my 5 nights there, but found the place accommodating and comfortable. Would recommend to others. Did not include breakfast.

Small but nice hostel with great staff.

A great place to stay! Very nice staff, clean areas, big rooms with comfortable beds. Breakfast and a great location so close to downtown for such a low price is amazing. Highly recommend this place for a cheap, well-kept hostel literally up the road from the Egyptian Museum.

on the whole it's ok.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Light too weak in room for reading. No heater in room. Too little hot water. No chairs in entrance. Elevator did not work.

• 15th Jan 2015

thank you for your Comment. we will add reading light in the rooms. for the chairs i belive we haveichairs all over the hostel as we show in the Fotos. maybe the elevator was proken but its working again. we do have hotwater around the 24 hours. hope to see you again in our hostel.

Location is excellent. No lockers in rooms. Staff are friendly. Not much of an atmosphere.

Great location, the place is safe. Come to Egypt! The organized tours were great with reasonable price! Friendly staff, especially EHAB, he's fun, friendly, smiley, hard worker and so is everyone else. I had fun and I'd highly recommend this hostel for budget travelers!

• 1st Jan 2015