The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

Excellent, I definitely will come back

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff were so hospitable and lovely that I felt that we had been friends for years after only a few short days. Nothing is too much hassle. The trips that they coordinate with the other companies are excellent, all that you have to tell them is what you want to do and when and they will book the whole thing for you including transport there and back. They kitchen facilities are excellent and the 'honesty fridge' is a great idea!

• 31st Oct 2014

We (the Oreo's) had a great experience at The B.I.G! Great location and staff are very welcoming and helpful when it comes to organising/planning activities/trips (A BIG thanks to Iver, Linda, Jess and Amy for making our stay an enjoyable one). Great atmosphere - met some interesting and cool people, we also enjoyed the group outings. The Yard, Mzoli's and Biscuit Mill are a must for all staying at The B.I.G. We would definitely recommend and stay at The B.I.G again.

• 30th Oct 2014

The staff is so nice and very helpfull. The breakfast is really good. The atmosphere is very nice. Its a very good place for stay for a few days. You can go anywere in taxi very easy in only few minutes. If i come back to cape town, i will try to go there.

I did not like that after first stay I booked a room for one more night on the return and I asked for the room for three people and paid in advance (for private 3 people room) - but when showing up we were put into the four people dorm with one additional person - and actually I was told by the lady in reception that it is all my mistake - which was obviously not. Lesson learned the next time always take reciept!

This is by far my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at!! The staff was absolutely freakin awesome! Ivor, Milou, Tal, Amy, Jess all felt like long lost friends. They we're welcoming, friendly, and always helpful. I loved the atmosphere of the hostel, and inviting place to meet and make new friends. Close to the wharf, only a 15-20min walk. Cool TV and library room also. I will definitely come back to the BIG and highly recommend it when in Cape Town.

Amazing!!! Have never stayed in a lovelier hostel. So much attention to detail. Staff is really welcoming every guest and being helpful. You can't but have a great time at the BIG!!

By far the Best Hostel Ive seen so far..

The BIG ticked all the boxes for me and my needs. Sociable, frindly,welcoming,homely,interactive,relaxed,fun and cool, a Home from home..l The hostell IVOR is "the Best. Thanks fo everyone at the BIG.

I've been traveling for over 20 years. The B.I G. is one of - if not - the best hostel(s) I've ever stayed in. The staff is amazing - SO helpful & kind. The location is awesome, minutes from the Waterfront where you can relax & buy the City Tour Bus tickets. The staff gave me so much information about the tours & helped me chose the best ones for me. Plus, as a solo traveler, they found me others to travel with making the tours less expensive. A+ for the B.I.G.! I will definitely return!!!

• 29th Aug 2014

We walked in to a massive welcome, staff were very helpful and made you feel at home. The hostel itself had loads of homely features, set out very nicely and really nice to chill out in, you can tell a lot of effort has gone into making the hostel the way they want it. Breakfast in the morning was a bonus and had decent WIFI, We ended up staying an extra couple of days. Top Hostel

Just the best the place I've ever stayed when away from home. Would definitely come back again.

I loved my stay at B.I.G. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Even before my arrival they sent me a list of optional activities and excursions and booked a tour for me in advance. The room was clean, there was a shower and a toilet inside the room. My bed was very comfortable. I stayed in a mixed dorm for 4 people. It felt very safe in the hostel. I liked the design of the hostel and the common areas. Breakfast was nice as well.