The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

cosy familiar hostel, very nice to meet people in a lovely atmosphere with a nice basic breakfast included

What a lukka joint. Great location, great staff, Great B.I.G place.

I absolutely love this place! Seriously do yourself a favour and stay at B.I.G! The staff are so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is fab.

• 22nd Feb 2015

just a perfect backpackers! clean, spacious, great breakfast, nice pool, very friendly and funny staff, not too loud but not lame at all.. and also the bunk beds don't give you claustrophobia.

Fantastic backpackers. Everything was really clean, the staff helpful and it was perfectly situated. One of the best I've stayed in.

Almost as good as staying at a hotel, but a lot friendlier and fun. Ok, the beds are not that soft and the sound proofing not that great but overall a very nice hostel.

We had a great experience while staying at the B.I.G. The only thing that we didn't enjoy was the tour that the staff at the Place had recommended us going to. The guide at the tour was terrible.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel in quiet but centrally located neighbourhood. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Free breakfast gives you a great start into the day. Chilled out atmosphere in all communal areas makes it easy to meet people.

Excellent, I definitely will come back

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff were so hospitable and lovely that I felt that we had been friends for years after only a few short days. Nothing is too much hassle. The trips that they coordinate with the other companies are excellent, all that you have to tell them is what you want to do and when and they will book the whole thing for you including transport there and back. They kitchen facilities are excellent and the 'honesty fridge' is a great idea!

• 31st Oct 2014

We (the Oreo's) had a great experience at The B.I.G! Great location and staff are very welcoming and helpful when it comes to organising/planning activities/trips (A BIG thanks to Iver, Linda, Jess and Amy for making our stay an enjoyable one). Great atmosphere - met some interesting and cool people, we also enjoyed the group outings. The Yard, Mzoli's and Biscuit Mill are a must for all staying at The B.I.G. We would definitely recommend and stay at The B.I.G again.

• 30th Oct 2014

The staff is so nice and very helpfull. The breakfast is really good. The atmosphere is very nice. Its a very good place for stay for a few days. You can go anywere in taxi very easy in only few minutes. If i come back to cape town, i will try to go there.

I did not like that after first stay I booked a room for one more night on the return and I asked for the room for three people and paid in advance (for private 3 people room) - but when showing up we were put into the four people dorm with one additional person - and actually I was told by the lady in reception that it is all my mistake - which was obviously not. Lesson learned the next time always take reciept!

This is by far my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at!! The staff was absolutely freakin awesome! Ivor, Milou, Tal, Amy, Jess all felt like long lost friends. They we're welcoming, friendly, and always helpful. I loved the atmosphere of the hostel, and inviting place to meet and make new friends. Close to the wharf, only a 15-20min walk. Cool TV and library room also. I will definitely come back to the BIG and highly recommend it when in Cape Town.