The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

This is my 3rd stay at the big in the last 11months,for me I can honestly say AWESOM place.(and I've travelled from the UK.) Its a great interactive hostel where you will not feel alone or left out of the conversation. You will meet other cool people. I"am 50 and have no trouble hanging out with the Young folk there.

Had an absolutely amazing time at the BIG... great staff, facilities, and breakfast!! Highly recommended!

Absolutely loved the B.I.G, the staff and other travellers were friendly, helpful and welcoming. A great location close to shops, waterfront and easy access for taxi. The rooms are beautiful and breakfast was outstanding! The only thing I was upset about were the staff that worked front desk during the night, they played movies on the computer with the volume on full ball and woke myself and the others in our room up each night and we're very unhelpful when we asked for help with transport.

This place was amazing. The staff was unbeatable. It was a great little house and you almost felt like you were at home. The included breakfast was one of the best I've seen. I loved it here and would definitely stay here again.

Had an absolutely fabulous weekend staying at the BIG. The house itself is super clean and comfortable. The staff go above and beyond to create an amazing, warm, friendly atmosphere and make sure every guest is having a great time. I was a woman traveling alone and felt super safe and ended up meeting and hanging out with some great people. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Cape Town.

• 21st May 2015

The staff are interested in there visitors . A place to to if you want to stay in touch, happy. Ear plugs provided. Cater for all ages. What more could one want. Just set off the fire alarm .

• 14th Apr 2015

We like staying here and staffs are very cool and friendly. The place is like a house with relax atmosphere. You would not feel that you stay at youth hostel, but you would feel that you stay at your friend's place.

Really friendly and helpful staff with a personal approach, the hostel was extremely modern, clean and pleasant. Possibly needs the addition of a small bar, but other than that a great place to stay.

Great stuff and amazing environment. i d definitly recomend the hostel.

Staff especially .very helpful.great breakfast.all top

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The staff were amazing and made me want to stay forever. The decor was quite lovely as well.

cosy familiar hostel, very nice to meet people in a lovely atmosphere with a nice basic breakfast included

What a lukka joint. Great location, great staff, Great B.I.G place.

I absolutely love this place! Seriously do yourself a favour and stay at B.I.G! The staff are so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is fab.

• 22nd Feb 2015

just a perfect backpackers! clean, spacious, great breakfast, nice pool, very friendly and funny staff, not too loud but not lame at all.. and also the bunk beds don't give you claustrophobia.

Fantastic backpackers. Everything was really clean, the staff helpful and it was perfectly situated. One of the best I've stayed in.