The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

Fantastic backpackers. Best I have stayed in in Cape Town and my most recent stay was my second time there. The atmosphere, facilities and furnishings are fab. Staff are amazing - knowledgeable and accommodating. I will be back in a couple of weeks!

Hey Amy, Lynda, Jess, Ivor, Charmain, thank you so much for making my stay here at the BIG so truely amazing! You all have created something which is not only very special, but surely unique in this world - a home away from home. A home full of hapiness, heartiness and joie de vivre. Continue what you are doing - continue to live, to laugh and to love! All the best and I hope to see you again soon, Maximilian

Amazing place - have to stay here when in CPT!

Very friendly and welcoming staff, very clean and neatly, modern furnished Hostel. I liked the fact that Breakfast is included (which is not common among Hostels) and one has quite a few choices between different cereals, bread, fresh fruits, etc. Also on Thursday the Hostel offered a Braai for which everyone could sign up and enjoy a nice evening together. Due to the rather small size of the Hostel and great people it felt like a family. I had an awesome time there!

Very friendly staff and great people, which gave the impression of a big family. The Hostel is very clean, and neatly furnished. I also liked the size of the rooms (no more than 5 beds in one room) and the breakfast in the morning with cereals, bread, fresh fruits, milk, orange juice, coffee... just everything you want.

Great atmosphere - always people around to talk to and organise activities with if you're travelling alone! Walking to the waterfront isn't too far - maybe 20-30 mins at an slow-average pace. Plenty for breakfast, rooms cleaned daily, very secure also! Would definitely stay again

• 22nd Jan 2014

Best Hostel I stayed in. Very helpfull staff, familiar atmosphere, guests of different ages

By far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. All of the staff were so warm and friendly--everything was fantastic :)

Best Backpackers I have ever been to, the staff are awesome and really go the extra mile to deliver a great experience for you, would go again just to stay there. Met some great people and had an amazing time. Thank you BIG

• 14th Dec 2013

Wauw! We had a great time in B.I.G! Friendly staff, beautiful hostel and location. Nearly the centre, but also the beaches and mainroads.

• 4th Dec 2013

We LOVED this hostel. The staff make it what it is. They are the best, so friendly and helpful plus fun and social. The location was good as well being so close to the V&A. Just watch yourself at night and you're best to take a cab home after dark. We would easily stay here again on our next visit to Cape Town!! The only complaint we can think of was that there were some ants in our room so we kept luggage zipped and clothes off the floor.

Best hostel I have stayed in.