The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

Amazing place to stay even if you are normally a fan of hostels, this is an exception to the rule! I can't wait to go back!

This hostel is amazing!! I stayed first at the dorms and then in a private room and it was super nice. Everything is well designed and super nice and clean. They pretty much have everything you need. I was traveling 6 months all over the world and this was by far the nicest hostel I ever stayed at. Breakfast is super good and the staff is super fun and informative. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay around green point in Cape Town

The best hostel I have ever stayed at, very welcoming and helpful staff, neat and tidy and they have tons of advice for what to do while in Cape town.

• 6th Jan 2016

This hostel is fantastic and the best I have ever stayed in . Ivor and the rest of the staff are a real credit to their profession. Thanks Guys for a truly wonderful stay in Cape Town

• 1st Jan 2016

Absolutely amazing place- fantastic facilities and location but most of all the loveliest staff ever,! Can't recommend it enough!

I had a great stay at the BIG. The rooms are very nice and the straff is great.

I had such a great time staying at the B.I.G.! The accommodations were wonderful and I always felt at home. The staff was also such a joy to be around and we're always keen to bring folks on some rad adventures! Hi Ivor and Morgan! I will most definitely return for a second stay!

• 7th Dec 2015

Great Hostel

• 26th Nov 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in a while. Staff was all excellent. Always made sure we had things to do and knew who our fellow guests were. Beds made every day, breakfast included is great. Love having the stocked beer/wine fridge to pull from. Location is fairly central.

• 20th Nov 2015

This was an absolutely fantastic hostel! The staff was incredibly welcoming, Extremely helpful, and genuinely interested in every guest, everyday. The hostel really felt like my home from the first hour I arrived! Please thank everyone for everything the do and all of their genuine kindness

This is a great hostel! Really chilled and friendly, great for solo and group travelers, with plenty of hangout areas to meet people and socialise over a couple of beers or to just find a quiet spot on your own to relax. Comfy and clean rooms with great interior design and a tasty breakfast to get you started in the morning. Staff are really friendly and willing to help and there's tonnes of sight seeing ideas to plan trips and keep you busy. Safe location and not as hectic as Long street.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. The staff are more helpful than concierge at a lot of 5 star hotels. Atmosphere is great and always get to hang out with fellow travelers.

Really friendly staff, it is like you are coming home. We would definitely stay there again! Plus: Secured parking possibility behind the backpackers

This hostel is excellent! They even make your bed and give you towels! Everything is clean, they introduce you to people staying at the hostel, making you feel welcome. Good breakfast. Nice lounge area, swimming pool. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly, they go out of their way to help you. Big thanks to Daphne and Monique, who were the nicest!!! The only setbacks is that it is located uphill and internet is a bit slow, but none of these matter cause everything else is so nice!

Staff is super attentive to help and assist in everything. They have a very integral service to take care of everything, from delivery of food to arrangement of tours and answer questions about trips, etc.

Amazing staff, the place is very well organized, clean, friendly atmosphere. Maybe just wifi could be better

Wonderful staff!!!

• 13th Oct 2015

I've stayed in countless hostels over the years and The B.I.G. is now in my Top 5, without a doubt. I felt very safe. Staff is wonderful. Knowledge of area, events, opportunities for travelers, etc. was top notch. You would have to work hard to not have good time when staying here. Comfortable beds, clean restrooms, well thought out lockers and bed arrangements. Big and healthy breakfast. TV room when you just want to chill a bit. Dogs make ya smile, even if Swags doesn't like ya.

Great hostel. Staff puts so much energy en effort for the guests many can learn from it! Possible to come back to end our trip, how is started:great! Xoxo saskia marieke and gerita

Not sure what else you could ask for in a hostel. The very friendly staff encourage everyone to do things together, which is very nice for those who travel alone or are shy when meeting others. They have cold drinks at reasonable prices and a swimming pool, all whilst being walking distance to interesting places in the city.