The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

We like staying here and staffs are very cool and friendly. The place is like a house with relax atmosphere. You would not feel that you stay at youth hostel, but you would feel that you stay at your friend's place.

Really friendly and helpful staff with a personal approach, the hostel was extremely modern, clean and pleasant. Possibly needs the addition of a small bar, but other than that a great place to stay.

Great stuff and amazing environment. i d definitly recomend the hostel.

Staff especially .very helpful.great breakfast.all top

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The staff were amazing and made me want to stay forever. The decor was quite lovely as well.

cosy familiar hostel, very nice to meet people in a lovely atmosphere with a nice basic breakfast included

What a lukka joint. Great location, great staff, Great B.I.G place.

I absolutely love this place! Seriously do yourself a favour and stay at B.I.G! The staff are so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is fab.

• 22nd Feb 2015

just a perfect backpackers! clean, spacious, great breakfast, nice pool, very friendly and funny staff, not too loud but not lame at all.. and also the bunk beds don't give you claustrophobia.

Fantastic backpackers. Everything was really clean, the staff helpful and it was perfectly situated. One of the best I've stayed in.

Almost as good as staying at a hotel, but a lot friendlier and fun. Ok, the beds are not that soft and the sound proofing not that great but overall a very nice hostel.

We had a great experience while staying at the B.I.G. The only thing that we didn't enjoy was the tour that the staff at the Place had recommended us going to. The guide at the tour was terrible.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel in quiet but centrally located neighbourhood. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Free breakfast gives you a great start into the day. Chilled out atmosphere in all communal areas makes it easy to meet people.

Excellent, I definitely will come back

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff were so hospitable and lovely that I felt that we had been friends for years after only a few short days. Nothing is too much hassle. The trips that they coordinate with the other companies are excellent, all that you have to tell them is what you want to do and when and they will book the whole thing for you including transport there and back. They kitchen facilities are excellent and the 'honesty fridge' is a great idea!

• 31st Oct 2014

We (the Oreo's) had a great experience at The B.I.G! Great location and staff are very welcoming and helpful when it comes to organising/planning activities/trips (A BIG thanks to Iver, Linda, Jess and Amy for making our stay an enjoyable one). Great atmosphere - met some interesting and cool people, we also enjoyed the group outings. The Yard, Mzoli's and Biscuit Mill are a must for all staying at The B.I.G. We would definitely recommend and stay at The B.I.G again.

• 30th Oct 2014