The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

Hey Amy, Lynda, Jess, Ivor, Charmain, thank you so much for making my stay here at the BIG so truely amazing! You all have created something which is not only very special, but surely unique in this world - a home away from home. A home full of hapiness, heartiness and joie de vivre. Continue what you are doing - continue to live, to laugh and to love! All the best and I hope to see you again soon, Maximilian

Amazing place - have to stay here when in CPT!

Very friendly and welcoming staff, very clean and neatly, modern furnished Hostel. I liked the fact that Breakfast is included (which is not common among Hostels) and one has quite a few choices between different cereals, bread, fresh fruits, etc. Also on Thursday the Hostel offered a Braai for which everyone could sign up and enjoy a nice evening together. Due to the rather small size of the Hostel and great people it felt like a family. I had an awesome time there!

Very friendly staff and great people, which gave the impression of a big family. The Hostel is very clean, and neatly furnished. I also liked the size of the rooms (no more than 5 beds in one room) and the breakfast in the morning with cereals, bread, fresh fruits, milk, orange juice, coffee... just everything you want.

Great atmosphere - always people around to talk to and organise activities with if you're travelling alone! Walking to the waterfront isn't too far - maybe 20-30 mins at an slow-average pace. Plenty for breakfast, rooms cleaned daily, very secure also! Would definitely stay again

• 22nd Jan 2014

Best Hostel I stayed in. Very helpfull staff, familiar atmosphere, guests of different ages

By far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. All of the staff were so warm and friendly--everything was fantastic :)

Best Backpackers I have ever been to, the staff are awesome and really go the extra mile to deliver a great experience for you, would go again just to stay there. Met some great people and had an amazing time. Thank you BIG

• 14th Dec 2013

This hostel is a little up in the hill, but they have free tuktuk if you need a ride. The rooms and the bathrooms are really clean and spacious. It has a family atmosphere, more calm and quiet then other hostels I stayed in cape town. It's a good choice near the Waterfront.

Wauw! We had a great time in B.I.G! Friendly staff, beautiful hostel and location. Nearly the centre, but also the beaches and mainroads.

• 4th Dec 2013

We LOVED this hostel. The staff make it what it is. They are the best, so friendly and helpful plus fun and social. The location was good as well being so close to the V&A. Just watch yourself at night and you're best to take a cab home after dark. We would easily stay here again on our next visit to Cape Town!! The only complaint we can think of was that there were some ants in our room so we kept luggage zipped and clothes off the floor.

Best hostel I have stayed in.

the BIG is a bit up the hill, but there are "tuk tuk" mini taxi waiting at the door. they have electric plug and a small stand right next to your bed, good for keeping phone or glasses close to you.

Thanks so much to the entire staff! You guys are great! Keep up maintaining the cleanliness and amazing friendly vibe and atmosphere. We regret though not asking you for more tips from the beginning of our stay, as we just followed the lonely planet trying to find things to do and quirky places to eat in there so struggled a bit at times and once we talked to you, you gave us fantastic tips so feel that we missed out on your advice had we had asked and talked more with you sooner.

• 4th Oct 2013

YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE!!!! Don't bother looking at anywhere else to stay! The spot is fantastic - about 20mins walk from the Waterfront and the facilities were amazing - good beds, hot showers, lockers, little reading lights and shelves for your things and plenty of sockets. But by far the best thing about BIG are the staff and the atmosphere that they create - I felt at home, like part of the family and they took an active interest in your plans, helped with any issues and were ace!! xx

Best Hostel!! Awesome staff, super clean and great atmosphere! I miss it, nearly better than home ;)

Great location, very comfortable and the best atmosphere, by far. Every detail is just perfect. Good breakfast, towels, lockers and wifi included. There is a nice TV room, patios, and plenty common areas to make friends and feel at home. Staff really friendly and helpful. Always making sure you spend an excellent time in Cape Town with their advice. This is probably the best hostel i´ve ever stayed at. STRONGLY RECOMMEND!

Quiet hostel topside of green point. More of a mature and pleasant atmosphere than some of the younger hostels in town. So for single travellers stopping at short notice at B.I.G for a night or two, the other hostels on the bottom of main road are better for conveinience, but for a nice sensible stay and super clean facilities at the hands of a well organised, friendly and efficient family I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone looking for a stay outside getting drunk or having a ball.

Great place, great people. Probably the best hostel I have ever been to.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Excellent hostel and staff! Slightly expensive (private double room) compared to other hostels in South Africa, but it worth it!