The B.I.G Reviews

18 Thornhill rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

I loved my stay at B.I.G. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Even before my arrival they sent me a list of optional activities and excursions and booked a tour for me in advance. The room was clean, there was a shower and a toilet inside the room. My bed was very comfortable. I stayed in a mixed dorm for 4 people. It felt very safe in the hostel. I liked the design of the hostel and the common areas. Breakfast was nice as well.

One of the best hostals I've been! Very nice staff, very helpful. Hope to be back soon!! Thanks Chakana, Ivor and Amy! Please continue like this!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

must stay here when you come to cape town! great staff and atmopshere really nice clean hostel

I'd like to thank all the staff for making my stay such a memorable one! They were very kind and extremely helpful!

Amazing! I loved my stay at BIG! The staff is great!

• 1st Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Everything seemed to work for the BIG, the location was great and getting a taxi to get around was simple, the staff were awesome and always happy to help with anything, the atmosphere when I stayed was excellent - everyone wanted to have a good time in Cape Town. It was easy to get out and see the city and do any of the activities Cape Town has to offer, it was also a great spot to stay in, eat and hang out or you could go out and have a good time.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff, the vibe, location - everything is awesome. This place felt like home, so cozy and chill. You'd be a fool to stay anywhere else in Cape Town!

This is mny favourite backpackers in the world! The staff are amazing (thanks Ivor for the great chats). It is spacious, clean, has lots of space, cool facilities, beautiful decor .......

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The location is great and the staff are all incredibly helpful. I will definitely stay there again next time I am in Cape Town.

• 21st Apr 2014

By far and away the best hostel experience I've had, though regretfully I was only able to stay one night. The premises were still being renovated at the time, but all the rooms were pristine. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, and the kitchen area clean too. Most importantly, the staff were extraordinarily charming and gracious. When they realized I had forgotten to buy sunscreen and was going out in 35 degrees Celsius weather, they lent me some to take with me. I hope to come back!

Fantastic backpackers. Best I have stayed in in Cape Town and my most recent stay was my second time there. The atmosphere, facilities and furnishings are fab. Staff are amazing - knowledgeable and accommodating. I will be back in a couple of weeks!

One of the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying in across four continents. Really enjoyed the pool after a hot Table Mountain hike which the staff helped me organise. Great breakfast and excellent staff as well, particularly. Ivor who gave me some tips for an upcoming hike of Kilimanjaro. BIG is BEST!

Hey Amy, Lynda, Jess, Ivor, Charmain, thank you so much for making my stay here at the BIG so truely amazing! You all have created something which is not only very special, but surely unique in this world - a home away from home. A home full of hapiness, heartiness and joie de vivre. Continue what you are doing - continue to live, to laugh and to love! All the best and I hope to see you again soon, Maximilian

Amazing place - have to stay here when in CPT!

Very friendly and welcoming staff, very clean and neatly, modern furnished Hostel. I liked the fact that Breakfast is included (which is not common among Hostels) and one has quite a few choices between different cereals, bread, fresh fruits, etc. Also on Thursday the Hostel offered a Braai for which everyone could sign up and enjoy a nice evening together. Due to the rather small size of the Hostel and great people it felt like a family. I had an awesome time there!

Very friendly staff and great people, which gave the impression of a big family. The Hostel is very clean, and neatly furnished. I also liked the size of the rooms (no more than 5 beds in one room) and the breakfast in the morning with cereals, bread, fresh fruits, milk, orange juice, coffee... just everything you want.

Great atmosphere - always people around to talk to and organise activities with if you're travelling alone! Walking to the waterfront isn't too far - maybe 20-30 mins at an slow-average pace. Plenty for breakfast, rooms cleaned daily, very secure also! Would definitely stay again

• 22nd Jan 2014

Best Hostel I stayed in. Very helpfull staff, familiar atmosphere, guests of different ages

By far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. All of the staff were so warm and friendly--everything was fantastic :)

Best Backpackers I have ever been to, the staff are awesome and really go the extra mile to deliver a great experience for you, would go again just to stay there. Met some great people and had an amazing time. Thank you BIG

• 14th Dec 2013