The B.I.G

Superb 304 Total Reviews
Superb 304 Total Reviews

1st Apr 2017
6.9

Located several small streets off the main drag, nondescript building with a buzz through front gate, and electric wire on top of their fence Capetown style. The hostel is small. The staff were ok. I found one bearded front desk guy a bit annoying at first, though I'm sure he's nice . The rest are accommodating. Basic breakfast, middle of the road. They have daily / weekly outings, such as a dinner. The place is clean, and smallish, seemingly a converted, expanded house.

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2017

There's a reason for the almost perfect rating. The staff was phenomenal, going out of their way to help plan your day. You can get SIM cards through them but if you have time it would be better to go to a vodocom store (We had some trouble with ours). The location was in a safe neighborhood about a 15 minute walk to the Waterfront. The breakfast they provided was better than most hostels; you could make your own eggs, fruit, yogurt, coffee etc.

• USA, Male, 25-30
1st Mar 2017

Great place to stay with an excellent atmosphere that's great for meeting new people; perfect for solo travelers! The breakfast was nice, location is good for accessibility to the waterfront but a little far from central area where the nightlife is if that's your thing. Staff was very friendly, only minor complaint is that they really push their tour packages (as they get a commission).

2nd Feb 2017

The staff at The BIG hostel really do make amazing personal efforts to socially interact and attend to their guests' wellbeig and comforts. Excellent attitudes by the hostel staff. And their hostel's inclusive breakfast is great. Nice atmosphere! Mattresses in the beds ae quite hard, though.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a nice review!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Jan 2017

Loved it, had a great stay at the BIG. Welcoming helpful staff looked after me from arrival, and we're very friendly, remembering what I'd been up to the day before and asking how it went over breakfast. Great breakfast selection with cook your own eggs and fresh fruit. Lovely communal spaces, and quiet at night so slept very qell

we are so glad you had an awesome time with us!

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017

This is more of a thank you to all of the team at The B.I.G rather than a review because you guys already know how much I loved my time there - you could barely get rid of me! Keep doing what you're doing because the place is so special and above and beyond anywhere else, you should be proud. I hope you keep winning all the awards that you rightfully deserve and you keep getting guests as cool as me (I joke). But seriously, thank you all so much and I really hope to see you again soon.

11th Jan 2017

Awesome hostel! Would stay there again.

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Jan 2017

Beautiful hostel in a great location with great staff. I had a wonderful stay here.

It makes us all very happy to hear you had a great time with us at the BIG!

7th Jan 2017

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great staff- have breakfast with you (eggs and toast and yogurt and fruit btw!) and help with plans for the day. Has a wall with weekly activities that are so fun- local markets, groups dinners, etc. Seems to attract great travelers as well! A bit of a walk from Long St, but is pretty close to the v&a and uber is so cheap. Really great place, wish I could have stayed longer!

Awesome to hear you had a great time and thanks so much for this phenomenal review!

1st Jan 2017

Great location with helpful staff ! It's a wonderful stay here and I will come back definitely.

We are so happy you had a great time in CPT, looking forward to your next stay with us!