The Babushka Grand Hostel Reviews

60 Malaya Arnautskaya, 85 Ekaterinenskaya, Odessa, Ukraine

Best hostel I've been to in Ukraine. Very kind granny running the hostel. Locker keys do not open multiple lockers as is sometimes the case. Friendly company, mostly backpackers. Big living room, nice cats.

Extremely cozy hostel! And very hospitable owners. However, I didn't like that the windows in the 10-bedroom are always open while they face a high-traffic narrow street. So take your ear plugs with you! And, possibly, a gas mask. If you don't have that, I suggest to put your pillow on top of your head. That helped me.

One of my best experience in a hostel ! The woman who owns the hostel is so adorable, helpful and everything. I felt like home when I came here. The decoration of the apartment is incredible. I stayed in the private room which is absolutely amazing ! I'll come back Babushka :)

The Babushka Grand Hostel was by far the best hostel stay I have experienced so far. The condition of the apartment, atmosphere in the house made this place really special. I will definitely come back to visit again!!

Lovely stay at the Babushka! Very warm, welcoming and helpful owners. Stayed in the private double room - MASSIVE! Super clean and comfortable and the shared bathroom is also very big, clean and the shower is lush! Very conveniently placed for the train station and very nice 'Kompot' cafe/restaurant. About 20 mins walk or so to the very heart of Odessa, along pleasant streets.

• 24th Jun 2015

The perfect hostel for Odessa. The location was very convenient, the staff was excellent, it was safe and comfortable. Good wifi and good lockers. When I come back to Odessa, I will surely stay here again.

Great hostel!

Hostel occupies a spacious apartment with high ceilings. Building looks rough on the outside but very nice on the inside. Run by an older couple who speak limited English but who try hard to please their guests. Easy walk to train station. Good wifi. Full kitchen.

Like coming to visit grandma and grandpa. Not so much English being spoken but you can practice your Russian. Very welcoming. And cats. Hooray for kitties. I felt bad coming in late though because babushka has to wake up and let you in.

One you found the tiny sign at the door, you were ushered into an ornate 19th century flat with a terrific welcome despite poor English. A real home from home

I stayed one night with 2 of my friends, it was good, the staff are really welcoming and the atmosphere really cosy ! It's like if you arrive in a babuska's house, and she take care of you, she is still here for you and your questions !!!

• 18th Apr 2015

I had a very good stay here. The hosting lady was very nice and welcoming. She and her husband made me feel home from the first minute I arrived. The hostel is in the centre of the city very close to the Odessa main train station and buses. So you can simple take a quick walk to the hostel. It is very close to a lot of interesting places, bars and restaurants that are in walking distance. The common room and the kitchen are very cleanly kept .I will come back for sure.

• 15th Mar 2015

Luba and Viktor are the most wonderful hosts. Welcoming, helpful, and always at hand with local advice. The room was wonderful, in the heart of the city, close to the station, market, supermarket, and main city center. I cannot reccommned the Grand Babushka more highly. A real pleasure and we will certainly be retruning there.

I want to thank Luba abd Viktor for a wonderful stay in a superb room, and for the help and kindness. I would highly recommed The Babushka Grand Hostel to anyone. Located in the city center close to the train station, and only minutes from the shops and restaurants. More importantly the management are welcoming, helpful, and a pleasure to deal wtih. We had a superb stay!

+: -location(not far from the main train station) -nice apartment(big rooms) -: -70% permanent residents(including volunteer administrators) -mildew in the bathroom -lack of cleanliness -more of a shared living than a hostel

• 5th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very nice place - out of the ordinary - with really cozy atmosphere. Both regarding interiuer and staff. Loved it. Would recommend to everyone going to Odessa. Cant really comment on anything bad, except it was a little tricky to find due to constructionwork on the street. Could use a big sign on the street...

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Very helpful staff, laid back hostel with a fun atmosphere. A big living room where people hang out and a nice kitchen where people often eat together, but nothing is forced on you, it is fine if you want to do your own thing and it is great if you want to join in. Overall it is a perfect hostel, one you hope to find upon your arrival

This facade of the building is under renovation which makes it very difficult to find. You have to take the first opening between the scaffolding as you're coming from the bus station and there's a small sign on a red door with the name. Besides getting lost trying to find it, this hostel is a really great value and looks like an old mansion inside. I'm not sure if this was just when I was there or all the time, but there seemed to be an abnormally high proportion of elderly guests..

Christian & Svitlana are excellent managers. Both have super personalities & are very knowledgeable about activities & attractions in the area. The hostel is like a nice home with large chandelieers in the great big living room & large bedroom. Nice comfortable furniture. Super place to stay.

This is the best place to stay in Odessa. It's in the nice section of town, close to the railway station, and just a short walk to Deribasovskaya. The hostel is in a 19th century building, and has huge rooms with high ceilings and hardwood floors. The staff is helpful and friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7