The Babushka Grand Hostel Reviews

60 Malaya Arnautskaya, 85 Ekaterinenskaya, Odessa, Ukraine

Awesome place, could use an extra bathroom, but other than that it's great. Great staff, great residents. You won't be disappointed.

Well, once more, my stay at Babushka Grand Hostel was another time a delighted experience within itself. The staffs were very helpful in a number of ways from suggesting certain sites and places of interest in and around the city for both its sightseeing as well as taking few snap shops, etc. The next thing, I really enjoyed both eating and cooking various international dishes of which we all participated in.

Great staff--some of them are studying medicine--one examined my foot one time when a nail went through my boot. Impressive in the very large Grand Room that has super comfortable furniture for reading, talking, relaxing or surfing the web. Out the front door go right and grocery market is across street & to the left. For those that like to cook fresh food--go out the front door of building & walk 1 1/2 block & find super sized outdoor market about the size fof four football fields.

Very nice Crew !Very professional,this hostel is very well situated ,bathroom is big and comfortable,beds are comfort too,when i will be back in Odessa i will go back in this hostel too !

• 25th Dec 2013

For my third stay in Odessa, I have chosen The Babushka Grand...again. Why? Ideally located between the train/bus station, the maket and the city center the staff will welcome you warmly and make you feel at home. The atmosphere is calm, and some international gathering can occur, ideal to meet the locals. The place is warm and clean. The is wifi conection, and the use of an idividual safe is complimentary. Very good value for money.

Liked it. Cozy, spacious common room and kitchen (the latter is well-equipped so cooking is not a problem). Security is OK, feels safe. Staff is helpful and friendly. In October it was a bit chilly in the building (warm socks recommended), but the atmosphere seems to be always warm.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Russia

Cool hostel that is really clean, nice people and nice staff. Really good location just by train station and only 20 mins to get to center. Challenge the American manager to a game of chess!

I've been in over 30 hostel across the world and I have to say this is my favorite. This place has everything , but most importantly, it feels like a home and talking with staff feels like talking with friends , not "people" behind a desk. If your looking for a professional place.yet at the same time a warm, cozy, friendly and fun environment - I highly recommend Babushka Grand .

• 28th Oct 2013

Thanks for all guys!

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Hungary

Hard to find while beeing renovated... Nice and quiet place close to the city. Friendly staff.

Overall hostel is ok, but staff is unfriendly and unhelpful.

I enjoyed a fantastic stay here - great location, atmosphere and staff!

We had a nice stay overall in the hostel but found that the person that checked us in was very monosyllabic and not very forthcoming with information. He didn't point out where different things could be found in the hostel (it's nice to be given a quick tour when you check in) and wasn't very friendly.

Nice place to stay, situated near the railwaystation and privoz, so it's very noisy around, and there are a lot of suspicious people.

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel very much! I particularly appreciated the staff, who were all very helpful and kind. It was easy to communicate (some spoke both English and Russian, which helped me and my companions as well) and to grab the rules. Tidy, very well placed, clean, spacious, wonderful design --- basically all you need in the very heart of the city!

The personnel was excelent to help planning the trip or the visite in Odessa.

• 16th Aug 2013

The hostel has great staff, really nice rooms and all the facilities you'll need in a hostel. It's a quiet and charming place, where you'll feel at home.

Very good, friendly, helpful personnel, comfortable atmosphere! There are 2 things are needed to be improved: one of the beds in dormitory creaks loudly,so sometimes it is difficult to sleep; there is only 1 bathroom- a small extra shower cabin would be a slavation:)

In general, the hostel was fine and as advertised. However, there wasn't as much help from the staff as there should have been. For instance, the shower is quite confusing as to how to get hot water but no explanation; and when we checked in we had to ask lots of questions about basic things, such as getting a key for our private room, how the front door worked, when we actually pay, etc. We were not unhappy, but a little more staff effort would have made our stay so much better.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, we will work hard to be more thorough during check-in and be more attentive. We want everyone to enjoy themselves and will do our best to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible.

Perfect Hostel to explore Odessa.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7