The Babushka Grand Hostel Reviews

60 Malaya Arnautskaya, 85 Ekaterinenskaya, Odessa, Ukraine

The woman running the place was amazing! There's only one bathroom which sucks but there aren't a ton of people there. Doesn't really seem like the place to chill in the common area though.

Location is great. Staff are absolutely lovely. The interior must be seen to be believe - palacial! Must be by far the best choice in Odessa.

(There are two cats in hostel) Great location, great people, awesome staff.

Great value for money, really friendly and helpful staff. The receptionist were super helpful with maps and questions. I would recommend this to all and would stay there again. Also the fact that is pretty close to the train station (10 min) walk and the city's streets are on the grid system so very easy to find

Really cool, old house turned hostel. Lovely people running the place. And if you're a cat person (I am), there are two little guys chilling in the living area. Also, I really appreciated the early check-in after a miserable overnight train from Kiev. Would highly recommend Babushka and would love to return here someday!

an excellent hostel with helpful staff, as i found out when i had to change my airticket to moscow at short notice. Nice and very comfy lounge room. and great location.

Nice hostel with a friendly vibe.

This is the place where you have to stay in Odessa. Perfect location, spacios rooms, clean bathrooms, very positive atmosphere and interesting guests from all over the world. But the family who run the hostel are those who make it so special: Masha and John are extremely nice and helping, and Masha´s parents Liuba and Victor are authentic odessits with their hospitality, care, warmth, humour, stories... I miss them and I´ll come back to Odessa just to stay with them again.

Its a nice hostel. Everything was clean. I can say that some of the staff has perfect English, it's very beautiful and its close to the train station. And they have lockers.Would stay here again.

Was a relaxed place to stay, but has 0 atmosphere, Odessa is a beach side town renown for its night life, the hostel was so quiet at times that you could here a pin drop, music is key to creating atmosphere, whatever genre. And having staff that are incapable of speaking English is in my option unexceptable for a hostel like yours. My bed was uncomfortable and the noise from the street was causing 30% of guests to loose sleep. Who goes on holiday to stay at G'mas house

This is the best hostel in Odessa,no doubt :) Staff can speak English,Russian. Also if you're looking for nice conversitions and good connections between people, you would be right place! we stayed as 2 person and felt like home :) (Grandma home) There are 2 cats living there and were very friendly. Beds are very comfortable and rooms were pretty enough. Special thanks also goes to John who manage hostel. He is very helpful and friendly. We met too many person and had fun.

Convinience place next to train station. Credit cards 3% extra, babushka is super friendly.

Been travelling for a few months in hostels with army barrack style type. Grand Babushka Hostel was like going for a few days at grandma's house, the kind of place you don't wanna leave. Beautiful tsarist era appartment turned into an hostel, I mean there was a crystal chandelier in the room. Plus all the commodities you need to enjoy life and 5 min from the train/bus station. If I ever go back to odessa, even if I'm a millionaire and famous, I'll book in GBH.

Listen, fellas, Babushka's: ***** The owners were lovely people, though they didn't speak English very well. They are a very fun and playful, and they have two lovely cats (which me and my friends cooked fish for). Rooms are spacious and cool at night when temperatures drop. Beds are fantastic, bathroom grand (with washing machine). Kitchen well equipped. Location within EASY walking distance to everything (railway station, market, the sea, restaurants, supermarkets). Will defo come back!!!!

I think it was too expensive for South Ukraine.

Best hostel I've been to in Ukraine. Very kind granny running the hostel. Locker keys do not open multiple lockers as is sometimes the case. Friendly company, mostly backpackers. Big living room, nice cats.

Extremely cozy hostel! And very hospitable owners. However, I didn't like that the windows in the 10-bedroom are always open while they face a high-traffic narrow street. So take your ear plugs with you! And, possibly, a gas mask. If you don't have that, I suggest to put your pillow on top of your head. That helped me.

One of my best experience in a hostel ! The woman who owns the hostel is so adorable, helpful and everything. I felt like home when I came here. The decoration of the apartment is incredible. I stayed in the private room which is absolutely amazing ! I'll come back Babushka :)

The Babushka Grand Hostel was by far the best hostel stay I have experienced so far. The condition of the apartment, atmosphere in the house made this place really special. I will definitely come back to visit again!!

Lovely stay at the Babushka! Very warm, welcoming and helpful owners. Stayed in the private double room - MASSIVE! Super clean and comfortable and the shared bathroom is also very big, clean and the shower is lush! Very conveniently placed for the train station and very nice 'Kompot' cafe/restaurant. About 20 mins walk or so to the very heart of Odessa, along pleasant streets.

• 24th Jun 2015