The Backpack Cape Town Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Had a wonderful time at the Backpack. Great location. Extremely spacious and tidy rooms with big lockers for your stuff. Really great atmosphere to meet other travellers. Wifi worked well. Clean bathrooms.

Hi, We enjoyed the stay but were quite irritated when checking out. I had paid a 50% deposit and lost that on a majority cause I only cancelled a month before. When I arrived I asked to settle our full bill and did so accordingly. When checking out i was told that we hadn't been charged the full amount and I needed to pay more. The way in which the lady dealt with was very frustrating, very easy stay ended with a bad taste in our mouths.

An amazing place to stay! Very chilled and funky place with a vibrant atmosphere. Met some great people there, back packers with a hint of class. I felt at home while i stayed there :)

• 16th Jan 2016

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so glad that you felt like we were your home away from home. We hope this means you will come back to stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

This was my first hostel experience on my first solo trip. What a great experience. Upon my arrival the staff was very welcoming and informative. They were there if you needed help with anything. The hostel was very clean. They even had a bbq on one of the nights which brought the other residents of the hostel together. I would recommend anyone to stay here. When I comeback I'm staying here.

• 15th Jan 2016

We stayed in ensuite room. Super comfortable and very clean. More then what we expected.

Hi there. Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your room and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

The only criticism I have is that the mixed four beds room where I was didn't have air conditioning, that during the summer can be a problem. Moreover, the ceiling fan was not working, the staff solved the problem putting a portable fan in the room , what was not enough, though., and during my five days stay it wasn't solved. The hostel also could have more options of sandwiches and snacks, as it isn't that near from restaurants, specially at night.

Hey there, we are an energy saving hostel, so the only rooms that have an air conditioning are the loft bedrooms. Restaurants are a quick 2 minute walk away from the hostel and our cafe sells fresh sandwiches and there are snacks in the vending machine if you get hungry during the day. We do apologise for the broken fan in your room, with it being so hot lately, all the fans were working on overdrive! Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

The hostel had a great layout and accommodations. We traveled as a group of 5 people, and the only issue we found was a slight lack of bathrooms/showers for rooms that share these facilities. The common area was nice and the staff were very helpful. I would return here for a future visit.

Hi there. Well it is great to know that you will be back for a visit in the future. We are glad that you enjoyed all the shared facilities! Sorry that you may have had to wait for a shower - it's been so incredibly hot lately that I am sure everyone was fighting for the showers. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

Fantastic Hostel- more of a hotel feel about it. Worth every penny and great staff.

Hi there, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

Prime Location , Awesome view of Table Mountain, Safe and great place to stay.

The hostel was nice - especially the breakfast! - but very basic for the price; I paid less to stay in guesthouses in very nice private rooms in Cape Town. The staff however were all great and I enjoyed my stay there.

• 30th Dec 2015

Really nice hostel. Clean rooms, great location. Well organized. The only issue I had was that the rooms were very hot with no air conditioning. I stayed in two different rooms, and in the one I couldn't get the fan to work, and in the other the fan only pointed in one direction instead of rotating. I had the most terrible time trying to fall asleep until the weather cooled down on my last night there.

We had such a good time in the backpack. all the staffs are very friendly, patient and they look you feel confortable. beakfast was delicious. It's just cool to have a drink there in the evening and find new friends. I can defenitely recomment this backpackers to all tourists who wanna have a nice, familiar stay in Southafrica.

Staff was not very friendly to say the least.

Hi there. We are sorry to hear this news that you thought our staff were unfriendly. We would like to know in which department you thought this was the case and how we could improve. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

This is nice hostel. It is however quite expensive and you can do just as well for less in Cape Town. My only real complaint (other than the price) is that the staff was really not all that friendly. Especially compared with Atlantic Point where we also stayed. The people who work at the tour desk are also not very competent. They mess things up and do not seem to be that diligent.

The staff are every knowledgeable and helpful.

The backpack is super cute with bright colors and wonderfully helpful staff. A bit of a walk from town center.

• 18th Dec 2015

Hi there. Thank you for reviewing The Backpack. It is good to know you saw the city and walked about, starting from our easy location. We hope you will come and stay with us again. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

We really liked at the backpack. Our rooms were nice and stylish. The ppol with mosaic art was tiny but very refreshing and a good place to meet People. The bar area was however the best: chill out Music, nice open atmosphere, aplace to meet People and a good asorted fridge with beers and juices of all kinds. Too bad, that they do not have Food, because there is no restaurant Close by. :( I also found the price rather on the high side for a hostel. ABut all in all we were happy at the Backpack

• 16th Dec 2015

This was the best hostel I stayed during my 15 days stay in CT. I had 4 different hostels and this was far the best. Professional staff, clean and nice view over Table mountain every morning at breakfast. Perfect to start your stay here, book all your activities, when you want to have more quiet time and beach feel then it's time to move on. This is a perfect city hostel.

The backpack is without doubt one of the best backpackers in capetown ,great location , not in the middle of the busy and noisy city center but at the same time not far from it... good parking area , limited though . Great place to meet mix and mingle, clean rooms, friendly staff, I was 100% satisfied , I will book the backpack again.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Zimbabwe

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in - friendly / helpful staff, good location (near cafes and shops), good breakfast and hostel bar, swimming pool, view of Table Mountain etc

« first « Prev 1 2 3