The Backpack Cape Town Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Awesome vibe, awesome place, awesome people.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Very good breakfast with coffee, tee, orange juice, apple juice, toast and bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, marmelade, butter, eggs, sandwithches, muffins or cake. Tab water was provided cooled (fridge) in glass bottles - great recycling! Social engagement is great!

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so happy that your stay with us was brilliant and that you enjoyed every bit about the breakfast! We hope to welcome you back again soon! Kind Regards, The Backpack Team

The staff were wonderful and so helpful. Great place to stay

• 1st Dec 2015

Hi There, Thank you so much for writing us a review. We are so pleased that you had a good stay with us and we hope that we can see you again soon. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team

I had a great time there. The hostel is very clean with many common bathrooms incase the one inside the room is occupied. The key deposit is 100 rand, so make sure you have some cash ready when checking in. Breakfast is included, the staffs are friendly, and the 4 bed dorm I stayed is worth the price. I highly recommend this.

Solo female traveler here! Been travelling around ZA for 15+ months on a long-term photography contract and have stayed in 17 different places throughout the Cape. The Backpack is MY FAVORITE hostel in Cape Town. This beautiful, modernized historical complex is super CLEAN with a wonderful homey welcoming vibe & hotel-like touches. They have great friendly staff, delicious FREE breakfast, and are in a great, central, SAFE location. BEST value with a really cool, social atmosphere. LOVE IT HERE!

I had a great time at The Backpack - security is great (need a code to get in, and there are safes for the guests to use as well as cabinets in the rooms for the backpacks). Located very close to countless bars and restaurants, only a block or two so its within walking distance, but it is not on the same streets as all the bars so its not too loud at night. I walked to the city center from the hostel, about 20 minutes, so very doable. Staff was fantastic and very helpful in booking attractions.

Great place in Cape Town.. Amazing staff. Recommend.

Yet again, this hostel took care of my sister and I. We loved every moment of our stay. Within walking distance of Long and Kloof street; it is safe and beautiful. I must say though, the pool was icy cold but we still swam because it is so gorgeous! Thank you.

Hey there! It is so great that you came back to stay with us! It is great that you braved the cold water just to swim beneath the view of Table Mountain! Kind Regards, The Backpack Team

Bed was very hard, but otherwise our stay here was very pleasant.

Hi there. We apologise that your bed was not as comfy as you had hoped it would be. But are pleased that you still enjoyed your stay. Come back to visit soon! Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

Great place to meet other travelers and see Cape Town.

Hi there, we are so glad that you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

Neither wifi nor safes were working during my stay

• 19th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

Hi there, we do apologise for the WiFi not working as we have been installing new lines to give our guests better and faster internet. The safes work on a supply basis and sometimes all of them are used up by other guests. If you come to the reception, we could have locked some of your belongings away for you. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

Absolutely spot on an as decribed - if not better!

• 17th Sep 2015

Hi there, thank you for the short and sweet review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

I had internet problems everyday. I asked the reception about and they said it wasn't working. I asked if they could book the tickets that I need or if there was any computer to do it and they said no and did nothing to help!

Hey there, thank you for staying with us at The Backpack. We are so sorry for the internet problems. We have been in the process of installing new lines to correct these issues. There are plenty internet cafes close by that you should have been guided to and we apologise that you were neglected. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team

A great hostel in Cape Town.. One of the best ANYWHERE!! Staff were very friendly and helpful, free breakfast is the best I've ever seseen. Wi-Fi works great. Spotlessly clean & cheerful. I had them arrange a great tour of Robbens Island & of the township. Stay here!!

Great hostel! Very nice place, spotlessly clean, great staff. Best free breakfast of any hostel I've ever visited! Great location, very secure. Nice ambience. One of the best hostels I've ever visited!!!

Was a really nice boutique hostel. The 4 bed mixed dorms are a bit expensive on my view but had a really nice stay there and breakfast was good and staff very helpful.

Hi there and thank you for the review of The Backpack. The prices our guests are charged are based on more than just the stay; they help to provide all staff with a meaningful wage, one above the minimum wage, contribute the our bursary fund so that staff and their children can get an education, and go towards the community projects we support. Your stay helps to make a difference. Kind regards, The Backpack Team.

I loved this place. People were great and great atmosphere.

• 30th Aug 2015

Had a brilliant 6 days stay at The Backpack! It's a very welcoming hostel, fairly small so easy to make friends with everyone. The staff were amazing. So helpful and friendly. My boyfriend proposed to me with we were in Cape town 😊 the staff were all so lovely, give us free celebratory drink at the bar and helping us with nice places to eat and buy our ring. There are lots of yours you can book from this hostel we did a full day wine tour it was very good. I'd defiantly recommend this hostel!!

It's more expensive than other hostels around Long Street but has clean and neat linens and bathrooms. The bed in dorms is really comfortable and clean and the breakfast is the perfect. I can get many kinds of bread, fruits, cheese, cereal, teas and coffee. The staff is very kind and helpful and cares of me a lot even walking on the street for 1 min alone. She asked the guard to be with me until the main road showed up.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us! Your stay with us contributes not only to paying staff fair wages, far above the minimum wage, but also contributes to the bursary fund and to the community programs we support. Your stay is making a difference! We are so glad that you had a good time with us and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

One of my favorite hostels that is stayed at! The staff is so great and helpful. The breakfast was amazing, not your typical bread only breakfast. They had pastries and cheese and fruit so great!

1 2 Next » last »