The Backpack Cape Town Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

I loved this place. People were great and great atmosphere.

• 30th Aug 2015

Incredible. Everyone there is really nice and everything is week organized and cel and. Definitely will repeat if I ever go to CT again. And Shauny deserved a raise!

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Ecuador

Had a brilliant 6 days stay at The Backpack! It's a very welcoming hostel, fairly small so easy to make friends with everyone. The staff were amazing. So helpful and friendly. My boyfriend proposed to me with we were in Cape town 😊 the staff were all so lovely, give us free celebratory drink at the bar and helping us with nice places to eat and buy our ring. There are lots of yours you can book from this hostel we did a full day wine tour it was very good. I'd defiantly recommend this hostel!!

It's more expensive than other hostels around Long Street but has clean and neat linens and bathrooms. The bed in dorms is really comfortable and clean and the breakfast is the perfect. I can get many kinds of bread, fruits, cheese, cereal, teas and coffee. The staff is very kind and helpful and cares of me a lot even walking on the street for 1 min alone. She asked the guard to be with me until the main road showed up.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us! Your stay with us contributes not only to paying staff fair wages, far above the minimum wage, but also contributes to the bursary fund and to the community programs we support. Your stay is making a difference! We are so glad that you had a good time with us and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

One of my favorite hostels that is stayed at! The staff is so great and helpful. The breakfast was amazing, not your typical bread only breakfast. They had pastries and cheese and fruit so great!

This is a more laid back and quiet hostel. The facility is attractive and comfortable. Every area is spic and span. The beds and bedding are perfect for a good night's rest. The breakfast was a buffet with everything. I felt this hostel was not a bargain but you did get what you paid for, quality. I suppose the high standards on all else had me disappointed that although free, the wifii was unreliable.

Definetely the best hostel we have been to in South Africa so far, everyone was superfriendly and helpful and theres a great breakfast is included in the price!

Hi there, thanks for the awesome review! We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

Great staff who really went out of their way to make our stay memorable and action packed. They sorted out all activities and gave recommendations about places to go and eat etc. Marvellous.

• 9th Aug 2015