The Backpack Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Excellent hostel with a fun, chilled vibe. Handy for shops, Long St, etc. For any travel advice see the wonderful Melanie, our trip to the garden route was amazing because of her. Definitely recommend this hostel. Ended up staying a lot of extra nights.

Hi there, thanks for reviewing the hostel. We are so happy that you had a great time with us, extending your stay a couple of times even, and that Melanie could help you with all your travel needs. We hope to see you again in the near future! Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I met so many great people. I stayed in a four-bed female dorm with ensuite bathroom. I think it was a bit expensive as we were near the kitchen and had to put up with a lot of noise late in the evenings and early in the morning. Breakfast was not included, which I thought was cheap. However, the staff were always extremely helpful and friendly. There was always something going on and something to do. I would highly recommend this place.

Hi there and thanks for the awesome review! It's great that your stay with us was satisfactory and that you gave yourself some time to wonder the city of Cape Town to see all it has to offer. The noise at the hostel is due to all the excited busy bodies getting up early for their day's activities. We hope that you can be a guest with us again soon! Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

Overpriced. Nice facilities, nice location and nice staff….the bed was not so comfortable and the room and bathroom were not so clean. çreally nice view and friendy staff, although really overpriced.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review the hostel. We are happy that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the view from the hostel. It really is one of a kind! We do apologise that the standard of your room and our bathrooms was lacking and we will see to this immediately. Our prices are due to us paying out fair wages to all our staff and supporting the community projects, so your money is going to a great cause. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Backpack! It can be a little difficult to find if you are not getting picked up by their shuttle at the airport. It is on New Church St, not too far from a Church St, and it is actually not directly on New Church St. itself. Other than that, it's an easy slightly long walk to the waterfront or even Table Mountain. The people I met here completely made my trip! I spent my last two nights somewhere else but found myself here hanging out on both those nights! :)

Great place to stay, the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, however the only bad things are the food for sale is priced very high for what it is, also the price increases when you book anything through the hostel. Expect to pay roughly 1/4 to 1/3 more for anything you book. Book activities directly with the operator. Otherwise it's a great place.

Hi there. Thank you for your review of our hostel. We are glad that your overall stay was charming. We apologise that you found our food in the kitchen to be pricey but we do serve free-range and organic food only, as well as our beers are all craft beers. With regards to our tours; the cost we sell them at is not increased, the cost is what it is because the tour operators we support are all involved with responsible tourism. Hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team

1 2 3 Next » last »