The Backpack Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

very good atmosphere, I really enjoyed my stay.

• 7th Mar 2014

These people know what good customer service is! They run a good accommodation. The shuttle/cab to the airport could be less expensive. We found a driver from the airport that we engaged for the return that didn't cost as much and he was very good.

• 7th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review we really appreciate your feedback and you have made our day with your comments about our service. The taxi company we use have a set price and are very competitive with market rates. A bonus is you never have to worry about being stuck in traffic jams and have the meter running! We hope that you will be back in Cape Town soon. Kind regards The Backpack Team

The Backpack is a nice hostel, if you try to avoid staying in Longstreet, but still want to have a close hostel to Longstreet.

My son and I especially enjoyed the view from the Steve Biko room which we also found very comfortable. The reception staff was exceptionally pleasant and hellpfulj. Overall, our stay was very agreeable and we look forward to coming back one day. Louis LeFevre

• 5th Mar 2014

Very good hostel, maybe the best I've stayed in. With everything you need close by and with the friendly and helpful staff assisting there's always stuff to do. I would definitely stay again.

• 3rd Mar 2014

It was one of the best hostels I've ever been to! staff was very helpful and friendly, the whole atmosphere was just great.

• 2nd Mar 2014

This hostel was the best I've stayed in travelling. The atmosphere here was great and met tons of travelers! Lucas and Mariano showed us the night life at night and made the whole week a great experience! I have never seen a better place to stay plus the location overlooking Table Mountain every morning!!! CHEERS!!! -Lindsay and Doug

The staff, facilities, atmosphere, and location are absolutely perfect. The best hostel I've ever stayed in. I will certainly come back to visit Cape Town and I would love to stay here again.

• 1st Mar 2014

thank you so much for your review we really appreciate it. Please come back to Cape Town I am sure there will be lots more to see and do. Kind regards The Backpack Team

We booked a Private Double Ensuite for 3 nights and a Deluxe Ensuite for one night. When we arrived we were told our booking was one night in the Private Double Ensuite and 2 nights in a Double Budget -no ensuite. Primose, the manager said ‘the system’ was to blame ie Hostelworld. We spoke for about 20 mins and she would not budge on her point and would not offer a discount for inconveniencing us either.

• 28th Feb 2014

Very nice hostel at the best location; not at long street, but really close, so more space and a swimming pool with a view at the table mountain.

Enjoyed my stay, not a party hostel.

Fantastic hostel, you can definitely see why they have been awarded the best! Helpful, friendly staff, great café/bar, awesome view, security at all times and good wifi connection no complaints here!

1 2 3 Next » last »