The Backpack Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

The best hostel that I stayed!!!! Excellence atmosphere! Good localization! Was perfect took my breakfast looking for table mountain! The staffs are great! When I came back to Cape Town I booking again!!

Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We are delighted to hear that you loved your stay with us and found the atmosphere at The Backpack to be excellent! It is awesome to hear that you could enjoy the views we have of Table Mountain from the hostel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards Eleni Good

The reality is much lower than my expectation. Price is R660 on website for a single room, private shower. But they didn't give me private shower. Another man just walked in and they gave him R500 for a double beds room! This is unbeliveable. The towel are old and thin like used for 10 years! Big noice you can heard in the room when people walk by. I never saw a smile in any of front desk staff! 15 minutes to long street, not safe to walk along at night. never go back again!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • China

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We are sorry to hear that you weren't entirely satisfied with your stay with us while in Cape Town. We checked your reservation, and you had been booked in a shared bathroom room. Unfortunately we the other guests being offered a special rate, we often have special for last minute reservations. Should you wish to return, we hope you will have a more enjoyable stay with us. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

1 2 3 Next » last »