The Backpack Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Really Nice place to stay will definatly go back

• 1st Feb 2014

Thanks for your review we are so pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and hope that you will be back Kind regards The Backpack Team

Lovely staff and very friendly

The hostel was ok but not as good as I had expected seeing that it has won several awards. The staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, one could only get Wi-fi at the hostel bar or other common grounds, but not in the rooms itself. Breakfast was not included and relatively expensive.

Excellent services, very good advises, great welcome in South Africa !! Only poor point : only WIFI, the computer with access to Internet is not usable :-( Thanks so much again :-)))

• 24th Jan 2014

A very clean hostel with good facilities!

Thank you for your review. Our cleaning staff work very hard in maintaining our high standards of cleanliness and really appreciate it when mentioned. We hope you enjoy the rest of your journey. Kind regards The Backpack Team

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT, HOUSE KEEPING & CAFE STAFF GREAT ... COUPLE OF THE DESK STAFF MUST HAVE BEEN HAVING A BAD DAY :)

Oh dear so sorry that we did not come up to scratch on the front desk that is not good - no bad hair days on the front desk are acceptable! so happy the other members of staff kept the side up. Thank you for your review it has been very helpful Kind regards The Backpack Team

A great place to stay in Cape Town. I loved the pool with view to the Table Mountain and the healthy breakfast offered.

• 14th Jan 2014

We are stoked you liked our place and we agree the pool has the most awesome views - you can never get tired of looking at Table Mountain!! and our breakfast i agree you gotta have the brekkie in a glass we make the muesli ourselves. Enjoy the rest of your journey Kind regards The Backpack Team

The room was small. The atmosphere was not the best and for the price your pay here,you can stay in a better place. Still, i a good location,

Good location, very clean, great atmosphere! You can easily meet other travelers in common areas!

Thanks for the review we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Kind regards The Backpack Team

I love The Backpack, I stay there everytime I visit Cape Town. The best part is the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff and other guests. Great location and close to all the attractions. I highly recommend staying there.

Thanks for your kind words and we are pleased that your good experience is repeated every time you stay with us. We look forward to the next time. Kind regards The Backpack Team

Super place. Good atmosphere at the bar in the evening with free wifi. I was in women's 4 bed dorm which was very spacious with nice decor. Each bed had sizeable locker and plenty of space to lay out luggage and belongings. I highly rate this place!

• 6th Jan 2014

Thanks for your review we really appreciate it. We are very happy you had a good experience in our backpackers and hope you will return one day. Kind regards The Backpack Team

I've stayed in The Backpack only 1 night, but definitely I can say that this is a unique hostel!! Probably the best hostel that I ever stayed in my life! Very clean, spacious, different type of rooms, great staff helping you all the time, to book trips, explore the city, etc. Good food and a very cool bar, where you can easily meet people, party or even relax. Very good location! Surrounded by restaurants, bars, and shops. Highly recommended!

Thanks for this awesome review we hope you will come back and spend more time with us next time. Kind regards The Backpack Team

This place was awesome! Loved the staff!! Would 100% recommend everyone to stay here.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Staff,Staff, Staff- drove them nuts with my questions as I didnt really come prepared to Cape town - but they answered everything with so much patience, helping me calling the different places and booking it. besides, its a great place, chilled, lodge, swimming pool, dinning area and bar. Stay there!

Good for you for testing us!!! Next time book ahead so you can spend your whole time with us!!! Kind regards The Backpack Team

We rented the apartment in Martini Garden across from the Company Park and it was wonderful! An awesome full view of Table Mountain, walking distance from hip Long Street, and of course, across the street from the beautiful and lively park. The perfect setting for our Cape Town holiday.

• 27th Dec 2013

We are thrilled you enjoyed the apartment at St Martini Gardens. We hope to see you again at The Backpack. Thanks for your positive response. Toni Owner

Central location, walking distance to nightlife areas, fun bar, yummy breakfasts and espresso drinks available, helpful staff, nice pool with a gorgeous view of the Table Mountain, pub crawls and special events available, so fun, great place!

The hostel has a very friendly and pleasant vibe, great for lone travellers. The staff is friendly and helpful. Facilities and cleanliness are up to standard. The only slightly bad thing with the hostel is that the walls are very thin in some areas. Overall a great stay and I would definetely stay again if I was returning!

The staff working here really made the hostel experience very personable & much more enjoyable than many other hostels I've stayed at previously. A great group of people seemed to constantly rotate through the Backpack too, which is incredibly important to me. Other people have commented a lot on how clean & nice the place is, but I'd rather focus on the awesome people at the Backpack -- the real reason to go there!

Paul's hike to lion's head wad the highlight

We think its kinda cool too - so happy it was a highlight for you! Have a great New Year The Backpack Team

This was the best backpacker hostel we've ever stayed at. A really nice addition was to have the owners hang around to chat with. It was a great home away from home for us. The food was really good and the staff were most helpful.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thanks for your review and its good to know the owners are not redundant yet!!! We hope you will be back -- as its now your home away from home! Kind regards The Backpack Team