The Backpack Reviews

74 New Church Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Nice hostel in great location! Only stayed for one night but would definitely recommend.

Great hostel. Nice staf. Wifi could be better (you have to login all the time and at some places bad reception). Also we missed a toilet in the last wing.

We didn't get the room we had booked but the staff were very friendly and helped us as good as they could so it was ok. We really got along with the staff and had a great time at the hostel.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

The Backpack is a phenomenal hostel!! I've stayed in many hostels throughout the world and this is one of the best. The place fosters a real social atmosphere that attracts lots of awesome and interesting people. One night they even hosted a braai (South African BBQ) with a live band. Last but not least, the facilities are clean, organized, and well designed. I wish I could have stayed longer!

I really enjoyed the backpack! The staff goes above and beyond and the atmosphere is very inviting.

The hostel is the best I've ever stayed in. The staff are really hospitable and friendly and everyone as realy friendly. The view of table mountain is amazing and location is excellent -I would definately recommend staying here.

Very nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. We were staying in a double bedroom. The room was very clean and has a comfortable bed in it. The room is not big and could be a bit noisy in the evening, but hé, your staying in a hostel. The're a lot of nice places to eat near the hostel, but also the hostels own breakfast and snacks are quite good. You won't regeer a stay here.

• 25th Nov 2014

This was my 7th time in Cape Town and of course I stayed in The Backpack again. Best hostel in the Town! The only downside of the hostel is, their lovely receptionist Lisa supports Arsenal. What a pity!

Staff great, congratulations. I loved the stay, hope I can back. Will recomend to all my friends!

• 20th Nov 2014

Nice place, cold but good.

This is the second time I have stayed in this hostel and once again it doesn't disappoint. The recommendations for things to do are helpful,the staff is helpful, everything is very clean and neat, the showers are fantastic and the breakfast is great. I like the location because it is not right on Long St., so it feels safer, yet an easy walk to Long St. or tons of other great restaurants around.

A little bit overpriced, especially when you're travelling with 3 other persons, but location is great (nearby longstreet) and staff is very helpful.

Really helpful staff.

Backpack was our First accommodation in capetown. We Travelled with our 14 Month Old Baby. Honestly, we have been very satisfied with everything. The staff was very friendly, always helpfully and very Kind to our daughter!! We stayed at room "Madiba". We can really recommend this room if you stay with a Child Or you just want a Little Bit luxury. To emphasize is also the Location!!near by famous Sights like table Mountain, waterfront etc. Thank you very much to the Wohle team of The Backpack!

• 29th Oct 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel on Hostelworld.com We are absolutely delighted that you loved your stay with us and that you found our facilities to be able to have a small child with you. It is awesome to hear that you loved your room and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly towards We look forward to welcoming back your entire family soon. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

I've only been here for 2 nights but I can't imagine a better hostel in Cape Town. Very nice and helpfull staff. Good location of the hostel and a very nice looking one too.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We are beyond delighted to hear that your stay has been an awesome one with us at The Backpack. It is cool that you found the location of the hostel to be a good spot. We always love the fact that we have such a stunning view of Table Mountain from our cafe area. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

I ended up staying only two nights as I was in hospital the rest of the time. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or sympathetic. I was only charged the two nights rather than the whole week! I was even visited by a staff member in the hospital. The room was very nice with four twin beds,large lockers, safes, and plenty of room to move around. The attached ensuite was very welcome. I found the room very clean as was the kitchen. Security was very tight. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We are sorry to hear that your time in Cape Town, wasn't entirely what you had expected, but we are delighted that you still were able to enjoy the two days you did stay with us. Our staff always strive to ensure that our guests feel welcomed and at home and we are glad that you found our staff to be helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

The place was clean, convenient, and all the staff were very friendly and helpful! Really enjoyed my stay here.

• 20th Oct 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel on Hostelworld.com We are extremely glad to hear that you loved your stay with us and found the location of the hostel to be in a convenient spot within the City. It is awesome that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful too. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

Awesome people, lovely staff and just great fun. Definitely will come back. Cheers. Also good opportunities to book different tours and trips.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We are very happy to hear that you were able to use the travel desk facilities provided by the hostel and you enjoyed all the tours you were booked on. We are happy to hear that you had an awesome time at the hostel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Everything from the staff to the atmosphere at this place is just fantastic! The staff will help you with everything you need while youre in Cape Town and also make you feel like your home! Lisa is just the funniest person you will ever meet! I dont have any negative things to say about this place.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We are so happy to hear that you found our hostel to be the best hostel you have ever stayed in. It is awesome to hear that you found Lisa to be helpful during your stay with us and we will be sure to let her know. Our staff always strive to ensure the guests are happy at the hostel and feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

Lovely place, helpful staff, clean and beautiful bedrooms. Internet doesn't work well anywhere, but with patience you can work ir out. All the recomended tours were amazing!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel on Hostelworld.com We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in Cape Town and you found our rooms to be clean and tidy. It is awesome that you were happy with the services provided by our travel desk and you enjoyed all the tours you were booked on. Sorry, that the internet didn't work too well! It is something that we are always working on to improve. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

← Back to search results