The Backpackers Ritz of Johannesburg

8.1
Fabulous 130 Total Reviews

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
22nd Dec 2016

I like this accommodation because the fact it is quite near with some shops and Gautrain station. My stay was a pleasant and peaceful, it felt like home. Actually I am afraid of dogs, but the dog was very good, no harm done.

• Canada, Male, 41+
9th Dec 2016

I am probably not the usual hostel user. I am 63 and moved to the hostel after a stay in a 3* business hotel in Pretoria, I enjoyed my 2-day stay at the Ritz. The staff and atmosphere are friendly and the location is safe and quiet. The facilities are unique and, although rundown, are spacious and offer a view of life in a high-class neighbourhood in an old estate. There are restaurants within safe walking distance and the Rosebank Gautrain station is about 2 km away

15th Sep 2016

I enjoyed the feel of a traditional South African home and grounds. The landscaping was so pretty and the smell of the jasmine was lovely. The hosts were so friendly and helpful. Food was good and i expensive. I loved my two night stay there. It was a half hour drive from the airport so that might be a consideration for some.