Fabulous 128 Total Reviews
Fabulous 128 Total Reviews
The Backpackers Ritz of Johannesburg Located at 1A North Road, Dunkeld West, Johannesburg.
South Africa
Johannesburg 1A North Road, Dunkeld West
83% 128
-26.1292793 28.0311870
    Rooms available

• Canada, Male, 41+
9th Dec 2016

I am probably not the usual hostel user. I am 63 and moved to the hostel after a stay in a 3* business hotel in Pretoria, I enjoyed my 2-day stay at the Ritz. The staff and atmosphere are friendly and the location is safe and quiet. The facilities are unique and, although rundown, are spacious and offer a view of life in a high-class neighbourhood in an old estate. There are restaurants within safe walking distance and the Rosebank Gautrain station is about 2 km away

15th Sep 2016

I enjoyed the feel of a traditional South African home and grounds. The landscaping was so pretty and the smell of the jasmine was lovely. The hosts were so friendly and helpful. Food was good and i expensive. I loved my two night stay there. It was a half hour drive from the airport so that might be a consideration for some.