The Backpackshack Reviews

1 Mill Hill Road, The Talbot Pub, W3 8JB, London, England

Had a marvelous time. Thank you. Already miss the fun time at the pub.

• 31st Jan 2016

Near a convenient tube line, excellent helpful and friendly staff. Pub downstairs is a good place to grab a drink and some travel advice, mingle with locals or other travellers, and it's nearby restaurants and busier/larger pubs. It's a bit further out, but well worth it if you don't need to go out and go back to change frequently or something.

Very nice hostel. Good wifi. Excelent value for money even if fa away from city center.

If I could give 150% for Value for money field. I would. Excellent place to stay on budget in London. Downstairs there's a pub. A real one, where you can chat with locals and drink excellent cider :) Wifi is very good and fast. The only downside is it's a bit far from center of london, but close to tube station (Acton town).

Really lovely place. I stayed here with my boyfriend for three nights, and it was the perfect hostel to come back to after sightseeing in London. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds, the kitchen is well-stocked, and the pub downstairs is full of nice people. It never got loud enough for us to hear anything upstairs, which was nice. The location is a bit far, but it only costs about £2.50 each way by tube, and Acton Town is a nice little village. I would definitely stay here again.

Cool setting. Nice, firendly and forthcoming staff!

there are set times for heating , so, NO HARM in making it clear at the time of booking, i,e, before when one is going to make and confirm booking, that the heating is only on at particular timings and its not possible for one to put heating on when feel like it in their room while their stay. also, NO HARM in making it clear at the time of booking, i,e, before when one is going to make and confirm booking, that food can only be eaten in the kitchen in which no sort of dining table but stool.

• 5th Jan 2016

It is a cute an small hostel with very friendly staff. The rooms are comfortable. The location is good. 5 minutes to the next underground station and 3 minutes to the next big supermarket.

• 4th Jan 2016

Derek is an amazing host! He is always concerned about one's well being always paasing by and asing if everything is ok or if you need something. The location is good, 8 minutes or less from the underground. The only problem was the shower which was way too hot but I think it was only that day. All things consdered we had a good stay at The Backpackshack.

This is a hostel that has all the basic necessities. There are only two bathrooms shared amongst multiple rooms. But otherwise Derek is really helpful and showed us around.

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. It is a little bit farther than I wanted from the main part of the city but I would still definitely stay there again. The room and bathroom wee very clean and I almost felt like I was staying with family rather than in a hostel. Derek, the owner, is very helpful and made sure that all of us staying with him had a nice Christmas. He helped me organize a taxi and everything. It was nice to have the pub downstairs as well. Definitely a great place !

Excepting the shower which worked with low power, everything was good. The treatment of staff, the atmosphere, and of course, the cider! Haha. Surely we will come back next time we go to London

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wonderful stay, will return. While not located in the middle of London, it is close to both an underground station (8 minute walk) and the faster overground (10 minute walk). I was over visiting friends and the owner saved me a good 20 mins by pointing out how quick the overground could get me to my location. The best part however about the location was the bar frequented by the locals. Was made more than welcome to join them in conversation and banter with dem and was even bought a few drinks

• 11th Dec 2015

Thanks mate, much appreciated, glad you found the Overground OK on Saturday morning... I bought the guy with the long hair a pint and a whisky as requested...

Good friendly environment, close to the station, and easy access from Heathrow.

• 9th Dec 2015

After entire days walking through London, all I wanted was a cosy, warm and clean place to take a nice bath and rest for the night and The Backpackshack provided just that! It's really close from the Acton Town tube station (less than 5 minute walk) and from there you can go to anywhere in London. Derek was an amazing host and helped us on everything we needed. It was always nice to arrive there and the end of each day, the place was quiet and comfortable.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

Very good journey for me and my compagnon, the situation in the outside of London make the price more interesting for small budgets, and all of that in a good mood :)

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

We were a group of 3 and only spent a night at the hostel so we only used the bathrooms and not the other facilities. The hostel was clean. The lady who welcomed us was helpful. In reality, it's not possible to check in before 11am so don't plan on arriving sooner. We were happy with our stay and even if there's a 20mn ride by tube to central London, it's worth it I think when we only had to pay 20 pounds per person for a night. I would recommend the hostel.

Hey thanks for a great review BUT if the room is available then yes it is possible to check-in before 11am. Really it just depends on whether someone is still in the room from the night before - depends on your luck. Even if the room is not ready you can leave your luggage, make a cup of tea etc in the meantime. Thanks for a very positive overall review though..

Clean and simple room with good kitchen facilities and clean bathroom, value for money. Staff were very hospitable and helpful with directions and recommendations. Would definitely stay again.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Very good price for a single room in London, quiet location rather close to a Tube station (~10 minutes walk). Very friendly and helpful people and a nice pub right in the house!

• 21st Oct 2015

We had a great stay. It was clean and safe and we had everything we needed, including an equipped kitchen. It would be great if there were more trash bins in the rooms and bathroom, though. The atmosphere was nice. I liked it that the pub was right below. Music stopped at midnight, so it didn't bother when you stayed in your room. The hostel is a 30 minute-underground-ride from the city centre but once you've figured out how to get there it's super easy (don't take the bus, it'll take you ages).