The Backpackshack Reviews

1 Mill Hill Road, The Talbot Pub, W3 8JB, London, England

Thanks again Derek for your hospitality, we enjoyed our stay at the Backpackshack! Underground station in the vicinity, just 20 minutes to get to Central London, nice and tidy rooms and not to forget the pub right downstairs - all perfect! We'll be back when in London the next time!

Hey thanks for a great review, welcome back anytime...

very helpful and friendly landlord and staff, great location, we have enjoyed our stay at the Backpackshak

Thanks for a great review, much appreciated!!!

Derek and Sue did everything to make our stay the best possible. A bit far from the city center, but no big deal! Great value for money for a double bed private - there wasn't anything close to beat their price downtown. Thanks for all!

Place is much more run down than what you see in the pictures. Bathrooms need to be cleaned more frequently. They need more utensils in the kitchen as there was only one bowl, no chopping board and a limited supply of other cooking utensils.

Shame you don't mention any good stuff, like the £100 I saved you by changing your booking or the Free Wifi, towels, tea & coffee etc... Having said that you do make some fair points, I have checked the kitchen and found only 2 bowls and no chopping board. I do not understand the mentality of people who remove this stuff from hostels but they will be replaced immediately. Our cleaner was off sick for a week and I agree the standards here dropped but do not accept the place is run down at all

I can only recommend this hostel. It was a very nice atmosphere and I enjoyed cooking and meeting other travellers in the kitchen. The room was old but cozy and the bathrooms were mostly clean and often free. The way downtown was a little too long, but around the hostel there are many restaurants and a cheap supermarket that saved my friend and me lot of money (Morrisons). A bonus are the maps provided by the owner. I'd stay there again :)

Very nice hostel, good location and friendly staff. I really like the pub on the first floor. Nice place to talk with the owner and get some useful advice. Thank you Derek for your help and support during our visit. Croatian stadium boys

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

Not a very far walk to the subway station. There is a grocery store near by, lots of places to eat. In a pretty quiet area. Derek was very helpful when we arrived giving us a quick run through on what we need to know to get around. Derek was very helpful giving us a quick run through on what we needed to know to get around.

• 1st Aug 2014