The Bananas Reviews

54 Moo 2, Tamboon Khao Thong Amper Muang, Krabi, Thailand

Amazing place to stay! Had a private bungalow and the whole place is right on the water. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rented motorbikes and did a hike recommended by the staff. Far off the beaten path of Krabi, but definitely worth it. Think: beachside bungalows with hammocks and pure relaxation! Also, the food was incredible. All you can eat dinners for only $5.

Amazingly chilled bungalow ... Never felt so relaxed! It's quite expensive in the taxi to get to if you're on your own (600 baht) but well worth the effort!!

• 21st Apr 2015

Fantastic location, really peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle and easy to unwind. The bamboo huts are very cool and great experience to stay in one. The staff are friendly and helpful with booking trips and giving advice on things to do in the area. Andrew makes the best G+T's, I totally recommend you order some. The sunsets on the pier are just incredible and swimming in the water at night with fluorescent plankton is an experience you won't forget. Book it, you won't regret it!

Excellent place for chilling and relaxing. Food is great and staff are amazing - very friendly, informative and helpful.

Really great hostel, with a very relaxing and chillout vibe. I loved all the hammocks, the staff were super nice and the location although a bit secluded was great for relaxing!

• 27th Mar 2015

It is quite a ways out of town so taxis in were quite expensive. Also information given to us at the hostel was incorrect for boat transfers and pricing. The owner is German and the majority of people staying there were also German so there were many times we could not figure out what was going on or join in on conversations because of the language barriers. It turned into English soeakers hanging out and the Germans not a lot of mingling.

A fantastic hostel for 2-3 days of absolute chill time. I met some great people here and I believe that was due to the relaxed hostel environment, atmosphere and location. I spent 3 nights at Bananas and went on 2 tours - which were both excellent. The location shouldn't put you off - it's around 30km from Krabi, but that's one of its selling points! Everything you need is at Bananas, so be prepared to let go of the travelling rush and take some time to relax and have a fab time!

Very nice place, good to relax and chill for a couple of days, The view is amazing, The food is good and staff is friendly. I would say just to swim at night with fluorescent plankton under the star, it worths to go to Bananas, it was an incredible experience. You can rent motorbike and explore Krabi Area from there. Would definitely recommend it

Had a lovely stay at The Bananas - room was comfortable and with much needed air con. Staff were helpful and friendly and the location of the hostel was perfect if you're looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the towns. The dinners were home cooked everyday and delicious though I think for the price of the room it would have been nice if the dinner was included in the price or a little cheaper as the cost was more expensive than some restaurants. Overall would definitely recommend.

Just sit back and relax. The Bananas was a bit hard to get to because we used public transport, but once we got there we didn't want to leave. It's a great place with great atmosphere and lots of nature to discover and observe. It's a place to be still and enjoy life. Thanks Olli, Jacob and the rest of the staff (including the dogs and cats that always made us laugh).

I really loved this place, the location and the atmosphere. Thanks for being a great host Olly and i'm looking forward to coming back next year! Cheers

• 27th Feb 2015

I really like all of the hostel...Dogs, cats, birds, monkeys,chickens,and nice beach. This is a good place to relax. Also, the room is original, I go in sleep with the sound of wind and others every night. I stay there three days. I am very enjoy the days that I stay there. By the way, it`s expensive that to Kribe town by the taix. So I want to rock climbing at Railay Beach, I had to leave.But I miss u...guys!

I booked 3 night and stayed 6....it's just the place to come down....quiet, with a great atmosphere sometimes with talk long into the night, the possibility to go on trips or just go to some lonely, local beaches. It's not a 5-star hotel, but don't pay for it and probably don't want it.... I would definitely go there again

• 19th Feb 2015

I stay 3 nights in a single bungalow at the bananas and is absolutely the place to come back. They served every night a different dinner (Thai food) delicious . They organize trip and excursion and everything is perfect. I can recommend this place . After two weeks around the crowded Bangkok Phuket and Phi Phi I really needed a quiet place and this is the good one!

• 16th Feb 2015

I had an amazing time at the Bananas! I was looking forward to my stay, yet it completely exceeded my expectations. The environment was very carefree and friendly, the facilities were great, the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful and helped plan anything I needed to do from tours to transportation. The food was great, and the location was perfectly secluded and relaxing, a bit secluded, which was what I wanted! This is the perfect getaway and was also very affordable.

I really liked the location of the hostel and all the facilities. They offer great food and the organise all kinds of activities. But there are also a lot of spots to just hang out. Too bad some of the staff has a bitchy attitude towards the guests. There are a lot of rules and regulations about tabs and requests for information on certain times of the day, which can be confusing for people who are new to Bananas. It would help a lot if the staff remains friendly.

Our stay at Bananas was wonderful! Olli is marvellous host and knows how to have a good time! The fresh coffee is delicious and better than any in Krabi Town. The location is very beautiful. To be honest I didn't want to leave!

Everything was great, thanks to Olli and all the staff 😊

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

A lovely and unique place!!!!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Really beautiful place to stay. If your looking to ultra-chill and wind down, book here! Food was great as well. Simply great value for money for a few nights in paradise!