The Bananas Reviews

54 Moo 2, Tamboon Khao Thong Amper Muang, Krabi, Thailand

A disgusting place. There was a rat running around the communal area. No wifi in the rooms. Not worth the money. In the middle of nowhere. There are much cleaner and nicer places to stay for the same amount.

• 2nd Feb 2016

A great location to get away from the busy tourist locations but still has great facilities to get to any of the tourist attractions that you might want to do. Taxi could be a little expensive if you are traveling alone or in a two but the staff check for everyone's next days activities at dinner so always a chance of sharing with others. Overall I loved my stay here with amazing scenery and helpful staff.

• 1st Feb 2016

Beautiful place, very clean, nice mix of guests, a lot to like. But the staff acts like this is high school and they are the cool kids. They give confusing directions to places they've seen 1000 times so they assume its obvious to everyone, and play favorites w/guests. If you'd rather not pay 5x as much for food as you would other places, or if you have food allergies, or if you just dont want to be somewhere with staff who act like theyre doing YOU a favor by letting you stay there, don't go.

Our favorite stay in thailand! Zero complaints. We truly enjoyed our time at the Bananas.

• 27th Jan 2016

Bananas was a nice break from partying. We had a great time relaxing there

• 27th Jan 2016

This hostel is just amazing. Nice staff and good people you can hang out with all the time. The food there is so delicious and there are some dogs and a puppy. And a cat too. They are such a pleasure to watch. I think this is not a place to have a crazy party in the night. But you can meet new people and talk each other and go swimming in the mid night which is the time in the high tide. I am definitely going there again!

Every positive review about this place is true, but the negatives are seldom mentioned so I'll list a few. They are pretty minor though so if you can put up with them then you should absolutely stay here! Cons: -nights can be fairly loud, especially near the dorms, bring ear plugs -grey water removal system is sometimes smelly -food is good, cooked by locals, but b/c the hostel is out of town they can charge more than average (can of beer is 60 baht, dinner is 150 baht) -no AC in the dorms

bananas is amazing. stay here. staff are great, Ollie & Andrew are so helpful and make you feel welcome constantly. couldn't do enough to help you. the kayaking is great & the secret beach is awesome, they help you out with all of this :) the huts were fine and the pier is beautiful. such a chilled out vibe. the 'honesty code' is so useful and the food/drink is all a really good price. would stay here again fo sureeee. :)

We stayed in a private bungalow with a fan and a mosquito net. Location is beautiful and very close to the mangroves. Lots of trips to book through the bananas, we only did the kayaking through the mangroves which was amazing. Really chilled out vibe, a little bit in the middle of nowhere but if your looking to chill out this is where to go.

My fellow travelers and myself stayed at the bananas, we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay there so much we asked to stay longer which was not a problem for Olli & his awesome team( Andrew & Jenny ) & all the local families working there. They look after you from the time you check in to leaving. The food is delicious & breakfast & lunch can be ordered throughout the day, Dinner is a family community everyone eats together & your able to chat to other travelers about excursions. Will be returning

• 19th Jan 2016

We had booked to stay for 2 nights but upon arrival we extended this to 4! And would have been longer if we weren't due to meet others elsewhere by a certain date! This place is idillic! In a gorgeous part of krabi, the staff are lovely and the atmosphere is so chilled. The Thai food was some of the best we had on our entire trip. We ate breakfast and then the buffet dinner here each day for the equivalent of approx £5pp a night! Can't recommend highly enough! Thanks for having us guys :)

GREAT HOSTEL/GUESTHOUSE, loved this place staff r great, bananas is a little out of town, but it doesnt matter because they run great tours,and bike hire to get to town. great place to chill at night at the pier and hammocks. loved bananas

I was greeted with such great hospitality upon arriving. They arranged for a cab at a very reasonable price beforehand through email and that helped me big time! The location is beautiful and ideal for families to relax! I loved their family style dinner buffet which was provided at a low price which was a bonus for my budget as a solo traveler! I will recommend this location to anyone else looking into this area!

Excellent place for those looking for a retreat away from noisy bars and shopping areas. Great also for a stop over. We booked for two nights, but liked the place so much we extended our stay for another night. Our ensuite room was basic, but clean and comfortable. Excellent staff. Food was decent but dinner which has to be ordered before hand was very good value for money. Wish there were more places within the facility where one can find cosy corners.

Bananas is a great place to escape the sounds of the city. It's located far outside Krabi and Ao Nang but it's gorgeous surroundings and kind staff make it feel so cozy. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our time here and would definitely recommend it to our friends.

This place was exactly what I needed. Staff and other travellers were so welcoming and inclusive.

If you want a chilled cozy atmosphere, this is the place. Staff so nice and helpful. Dogs a bit loud at nights.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Iceland

Such an amazing place to stop and relax. The staff are utterly amazing and provide the perfect environment to socialise and meet new people. With many common areas it is social but also easy to find a secluded hammock to have some alone time. Beds were ok, bathrooms nice and food decent enough.

Absolutely loved it here, it's the perfect place to chill out, and if you have the opportunity to, stay in the bamboo huts! The bay onsite is beautiful and the hammocks are the perfect place to relax. There are loads of cool boat and day trips to do, I recommend cycling down to the secret beach. The atmosphere was great, Olli and the boys could not be more welcoming! You can have a set meal every night and every meal I had was delicious! Great value for money, I will certainly be coming back! :)

Amazing guesthouse in an amazing place filled with great people. One of the best experiences in a guesthouse so far. the tours are pretty cheap, the food is good, all you have to do is walk to the bottom of the jetty and youre in the ocean. Swimming in the glowing plankton was beyond anything I can put into words. All in all a very unique place and one well worth visiting, props to oli for the fine establishment he's created.