The Bananas Reviews

54 Moo 2, Tamboon Khao Thong Amper Muang, Krabi, Thailand

I booked 3 night and stayed 6....it's just the place to come down....quiet, with a great atmosphere sometimes with talk long into the night, the possibility to go on trips or just go to some lonely, local beaches. It's not a 5-star hotel, but don't pay for it and probably don't want it.... I would definitely go there again

• 19th Feb 2015

I stay 3 nights in a single bungalow at the bananas and is absolutely the place to come back. They served every night a different dinner (Thai food) delicious . They organize trip and excursion and everything is perfect. I can recommend this place . After two weeks around the crowded Bangkok Phuket and Phi Phi I really needed a quiet place and this is the good one!

• 16th Feb 2015

I had an amazing time at the Bananas! I was looking forward to my stay, yet it completely exceeded my expectations. The environment was very carefree and friendly, the facilities were great, the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful and helped plan anything I needed to do from tours to transportation. The food was great, and the location was perfectly secluded and relaxing, a bit secluded, which was what I wanted! This is the perfect getaway and was also very affordable.

I really liked the location of the hostel and all the facilities. They offer great food and the organise all kinds of activities. But there are also a lot of spots to just hang out. Too bad some of the staff has a bitchy attitude towards the guests. There are a lot of rules and regulations about tabs and requests for information on certain times of the day, which can be confusing for people who are new to Bananas. It would help a lot if the staff remains friendly.

Our stay at Bananas was wonderful! Olli is marvellous host and knows how to have a good time! The fresh coffee is delicious and better than any in Krabi Town. The location is very beautiful. To be honest I didn't want to leave!

Everything was great, thanks to Olli and all the staff 😊

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

A lovely and unique place!!!!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Really beautiful place to stay. If your looking to ultra-chill and wind down, book here! Food was great as well. Simply great value for money for a few nights in paradise!

Randomest location ever! However so nice when you get there and a nice escape from the busier places in Thailand!! However really only a place to relax as there is not much around! Let us know if you manage to find the secret beach!

Great accommodation if you're looking to chill out and escape the major tourist spots of Krabi. Lots of amenities, tour booking help and amazing food. Not really a party place but if you're looking to relax then it's such a great place!

Loved is secluded the place was, just what I needed after a few days in Phi Phi. Natalie was such a sweetheart but the owner always seemed to be very short with me. Not sure if he was stressed but he didn't give off the friendly vibe that I had read about in previous reviews. Anyways, lovely hostel, absolutely beautiful view. Would definitely recommend!

The staff is great, the concept and place is amazing keep up the good work !

Loved this hostel! It was more than a hostel, it was a community experience. Complete with family style dinners and common areas that drew people together. The in-house kitchen was spectacular, staff beyond friendly and access to book outside tours was quick and easy. I couldn't recommend this hostel any more highly!

Stay here! I originally booked one night and within 20 mins of arrival booked an additional 3. It really does have a special atmosphere this place which is a credit to Oklie and his team. Communal Thai good in the evening is a great chance to soak up each other's stories of travel. It's amazing what you can learn from other people experiences.... Especially when it comes to getting around Thailand. I fully recommend Bananas... You won't regret it! Thank you Ollie, Andrew

Yeah, it was a tad far from anything else, and yes, it was warm in the dorm when it was not raining, and yes, definitely pack the mosquito repellant. But I thought everything else was quite perfect. The room was clean, the staff and guests were friendly, and the quay at the door was beautiful. It was easy to go island hopping, kayaking, exploring the area by scooter or just getting cosy in one of the many hammocks reading a book and having a massage right after. Thanks Oli and all :D

We absolutely loved our stay at Bananas, we were so sad to leave. Olli and the rest of the staff were lovely and helpful. The food was amazing - home-cooked Thai food every evening (e.g. soup and a curry for £3) and wide selection of food, drink and tours on offer at reasonable prices along with some great advice. If we return to Thailand this will be our first port of call!

A great place to come for some relaxation and to get away from the hectic city life. A bit far out of the way so getting there is quite expensive if traveling alone though.

Great place and friendly atmosphere. Bamboo hut was super clean. I would go back there in a heart beat.

The Banana's guest house was the perfect little oasis for our short stay in Krabi. We loved the surprise of a private outdoor shower in our suite (cool feature) and the possibility of renting motorbikes (spent a great day visiting neighboring beaches). Unfortunately we had ants in our room (even though we didn't have any food on us), but we mentioned to the owner (cool guy) and he took care of the issue. Thanks for the great time!