The Bananas Reviews

54 Moo 2, Tamboon Khao Thong Amper Muang, Krabi, Thailand

Really great hostel, with a very relaxing and chillout vibe. I loved all the hammocks, the staff were super nice and the location although a bit secluded was great for relaxing!

• 27th Mar 2015

A fantastic hostel for 2-3 days of absolute chill time. I met some great people here and I believe that was due to the relaxed hostel environment, atmosphere and location. I spent 3 nights at Bananas and went on 2 tours - which were both excellent. The location shouldn't put you off - it's around 30km from Krabi, but that's one of its selling points! Everything you need is at Bananas, so be prepared to let go of the travelling rush and take some time to relax and have a fab time!

Very nice place, good to relax and chill for a couple of days, The view is amazing, The food is good and staff is friendly. I would say just to swim at night with fluorescent plankton under the star, it worths to go to Bananas, it was an incredible experience. You can rent motorbike and explore Krabi Area from there. Would definitely recommend it

Had a lovely stay at The Bananas - room was comfortable and with much needed air con. Staff were helpful and friendly and the location of the hostel was perfect if you're looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the towns. The dinners were home cooked everyday and delicious though I think for the price of the room it would have been nice if the dinner was included in the price or a little cheaper as the cost was more expensive than some restaurants. Overall would definitely recommend.

Just sit back and relax. The Bananas was a bit hard to get to because we used public transport, but once we got there we didn't want to leave. It's a great place with great atmosphere and lots of nature to discover and observe. It's a place to be still and enjoy life. Thanks Olli, Jacob and the rest of the staff (including the dogs and cats that always made us laugh).

I really loved this place, the location and the atmosphere. Thanks for being a great host Olly and i'm looking forward to coming back next year! Cheers

• 27th Feb 2015

I really like all of the hostel...Dogs, cats, birds, monkeys,chickens,and nice beach. This is a good place to relax. Also, the room is original, I go in sleep with the sound of wind and others every night. I stay there three days. I am very enjoy the days that I stay there. By the way, it`s expensive that to Kribe town by the taix. So I want to rock climbing at Railay Beach, I had to leave.But I miss u...guys!

I booked 3 night and stayed 6....it's just the place to come down....quiet, with a great atmosphere sometimes with talk long into the night, the possibility to go on trips or just go to some lonely, local beaches. It's not a 5-star hotel, but don't pay for it and probably don't want it.... I would definitely go there again

• 19th Feb 2015

I stay 3 nights in a single bungalow at the bananas and is absolutely the place to come back. They served every night a different dinner (Thai food) delicious . They organize trip and excursion and everything is perfect. I can recommend this place . After two weeks around the crowded Bangkok Phuket and Phi Phi I really needed a quiet place and this is the good one!

• 16th Feb 2015

I had an amazing time at the Bananas! I was looking forward to my stay, yet it completely exceeded my expectations. The environment was very carefree and friendly, the facilities were great, the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful and helped plan anything I needed to do from tours to transportation. The food was great, and the location was perfectly secluded and relaxing, a bit secluded, which was what I wanted! This is the perfect getaway and was also very affordable.

I really liked the location of the hostel and all the facilities. They offer great food and the organise all kinds of activities. But there are also a lot of spots to just hang out. Too bad some of the staff has a bitchy attitude towards the guests. There are a lot of rules and regulations about tabs and requests for information on certain times of the day, which can be confusing for people who are new to Bananas. It would help a lot if the staff remains friendly.

Our stay at Bananas was wonderful! Olli is marvellous host and knows how to have a good time! The fresh coffee is delicious and better than any in Krabi Town. The location is very beautiful. To be honest I didn't want to leave!

Everything was great, thanks to Olli and all the staff 😊

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

A lovely and unique place!!!!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Really beautiful place to stay. If your looking to ultra-chill and wind down, book here! Food was great as well. Simply great value for money for a few nights in paradise!

Randomest location ever! However so nice when you get there and a nice escape from the busier places in Thailand!! However really only a place to relax as there is not much around! Let us know if you manage to find the secret beach!

Great accommodation if you're looking to chill out and escape the major tourist spots of Krabi. Lots of amenities, tour booking help and amazing food. Not really a party place but if you're looking to relax then it's such a great place!

Loved is secluded the place was, just what I needed after a few days in Phi Phi. Natalie was such a sweetheart but the owner always seemed to be very short with me. Not sure if he was stressed but he didn't give off the friendly vibe that I had read about in previous reviews. Anyways, lovely hostel, absolutely beautiful view. Would definitely recommend!

The staff is great, the concept and place is amazing keep up the good work !

Loved this hostel! It was more than a hostel, it was a community experience. Complete with family style dinners and common areas that drew people together. The in-house kitchen was spectacular, staff beyond friendly and access to book outside tours was quick and easy. I couldn't recommend this hostel any more highly!