The Bananas

Superb 292 Total Reviews
Superb 292 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 41+
17th Feb 2017

I'm still here! An excellent introduction from Bastia. An honesty book so you settle at the end and communal dining makes it a great place to met different people.Well laid out with simple banana bungalows to air con rooms with own showers. I took a kayak out to the nearby islands and watched the sunset ffom the middle of the sea.Bastia was very knowledgeable about the local area and took his recommendation to swim in the bioluminescence at 4am from the pier.Awesome.

16th Feb 2017
6.9

Completely different to any hostel we have ever stopped in. Would recommend just for the experience. The bungalows are lovely, Really cosy and clean inside and the mosquito net around the bed is a great touch. We did find a rat in our bathroom which is apparently normal due to the location. The food on the site was amazing. Great place to chill out for a few nights. Nothing in walking distance. Staff were great and very welcoming.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

Seldom do I miss the accommodations I stay in, but I definitely find myself missing The Bananas! The atmosphere and staff are amazing. It's a great place to unwind and recharge your batteries while travelling. Take advantage of the activities and equipment they offer!

• whoopdywhoopdywoo
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017

The Bananas was by far the highlight of my travels. It's the perfect break from the backpacking circuit, the perfect place to chill. The staff are by far the best out there, and the bungalows are clean and cozy. Mosquito nets are provided, as are towels. The communal dinners make for a nice family vibe, and the food is always on point. If you get the chance to go here, definitely do! You won't regret it.

1st Feb 2017

I had a *wonderful* time. I got a taxi from the airport and didn't have any trouble getting there. It's about twenty or thirty minutes outside of Krabi proper. I stayed in a bungalow, everything was clean and well maintained. I had a mosquito net and the nights were cool enough I didn't need the fan. If you're looking for a place to read books by the beach, this is the place for you.

29th Jan 2017

Hands down one of the best place I stayed at. This is no party hostel but it offers an authentic Thailand experience with group Thai dinners, Thailand Exploration and Thai Culture. I have traveled to many different countries but this experience trumps all. Olli was an amazing host and had a variety of adventures for us to embark on. I slept in my own bungalow and woke up every morning to one of the best views I have ever seen and then would explore, just to come back to authentic thai dinners.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017
5.1

Our stay wasn't as great as we'd hoped, aside from the beautiful views at the beach there was very little on offer at the hostel. We found it strange at dinner time that the menu wasn't on offer, if you didn't like the meal being made for dinner that night then basically you would have to find somewhere else to eat. This was difficult because of how remote the place is, restaurants are hard to come by although we did end up finding one eventually. Kayaking tour recommended.

21st Jan 2017

Staying here really put our Krabi travels into a whole new level of experience! So hard to leave this little paradise. Not the closest location to other sites in Krabi but that's also what made the location amazing. There was still SO much to do and less touristy sites to see. You could really feel the magic of nature staying at The Bananas and the food was very reasonably priced and absolutely delicious. Staff is incredibly kind, social and helpful and there are many cute animals to see :)

18th Jan 2017
7.7

Great place if you want to be completely out the way and chilling but far out from everything else. Really good stay though. Kayaks are kind of expensive to rent (500 THB)

18th Jan 2017

Lovely tranquil hostel, perfect for couple or group travellers. Might be a bit remote if you're travelling alone. If you're looking for peace and quiet this is the place for you. We are travelling on a strict budget which we found quite difficult as there is no where near to buy food, so we had to eat there, which was very nice but slightly more than we wanted to spend. The hostel can arrange day trips to islands, kayaking and other activities. Would defiantly recommend a stay at Bananas!