The Beach Africa Reviews

P.O. Box 256 Mtwapa, Maweni Beach, Mombasa, Kenya

THE BEST OF THE BEST. This place is is a golden beacon of light, a sanctuary to rest from the travel grind. Mama and Martin and Eva and everyone else are genuinely good-hearted people, and they made my stay wonderful! I extended my stay from 1 day to 8 days. If you visit Kenya without visiting Beach Africa, you are making a big mistake. Also: Amazing food! I'll miss that octopus dinner for the rest of my life.....until I return

I thought that the hostel was both an excellent location and value. The security guard, mama, and Martin were all excellent hosts. The other guests were very respectful. The view from both the lounge area and the rooms is absolutely amazing. Not only that, but you were able to have all three meals made for very reasonable prices (~200-600 KSH)The beds were also pretty comfortable and had mosquito nets which were a lifesaver. The showers could use some work, but they did the job.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place to relax for a couple of days. No internet, no electricity in the rooms but a perfect location, INCREDIBLY good food and supernice staff. Mtwapa downtown and Mombasa are reached fastly if you want to party. Highly recommendable!

Definitely the place to be! I've had an incredible week thanks to the staff and the food is incredible!!

• 12th Nov 2015

This hostel is a remote tropical paradise. An experience you will never forget, either you stay at the tree house or the bech cabins. It is very safe and quiet and the staff were treating us as we were family. And the food is just great-the grilled octopus is a must try. Of course, it is basic, but clean and it is a part of the experience!We never wanted to leave!

• 21st Sep 2015